AFMC MBBS 2020: Syllabus, Eligibility Criteria, Exam Pattern
The candidates who wish to get enrolled in the AFMC MBBS 2020 course are required to clear their NEET UG exam. The candidates, after clearing their NEET will have to register for admissions on the official DGHS/ MCC website. The process of registration will hopefully begin in the month of June 2020 and the candidates who register themselves successfully within time will be invited to appear for the screening test. The final admission to AFMC MBBS 2020 degree programme will be provided on the basis of performance in NEET, screening test, interview and medical fitness test. This article provides the complete details related to AFMC, Pune admission process such as eligibility, registration, screening, admission, etc.
AFMC MBBS 2020 Important Dates
The tentative dates related to AFMC MBBS 2020 are provided below. The table will be updated after the official dates are released by the concerned authority.
|Registration, choice filling & indicative seats||2nd week of June 2020|
|Last date of registration, choice filling & indicative seats||3rd week of June 2020|
|Availability of payment facility||3rd week of June 2020|
|Filling and locking of choices||3rd week of June 2020|
|Allotment of seat round 1||4th week of June 2020|
|Round 1 result||4th week of June 2020|
|Reporting to the allotted college||4th week of June 2020|
|Release of merit list||2nd week of July 2020|
AFMC MBBS Eligibility Criteria 2020
The candidates applying for AFMC MBBS 2020 admission must fulfill these eligibility criteria:
- The candidates of Indian nationality can apply.
- The foreign national candidates of Indian origin will be eligible only if they acquire Indian citizenship or should obtain a certificate of eligibility issued by the Ministry of Home Affairs.
- Only unmarried candidates will be granted admissions.
- Marriage is not allowed in the middle of the MBBS course.
- The minimum age of the candidate as on 31st December 2020 should be 17 years.
- The candidates should however do not attain the age of 24 years on this date.
- The candidate should have passed their qualifying exam in the very first attempt with English, Physics, Chemistry and Biology.
- The minimum aggregate marks in the aggregate of Physics, Chemistry and Biology should be 60%. A minimum of 50% individually in each subject of English, Physics, Chemistry and Biology is also required.
- The candidate should also have passed in Mathematics of the 10th
AFMC MBBS 2020 Application Form
The enrolment into AFMC MBBS course will be done on the basis of NEET UG exam 2020. The candidates will have to submit their NEET application form in order to be considered for admissions into AFMC. The NEET qualified candidates, however, will have to register themselves through the registration window provided by DGHS in order to be considered for the admission process.
Method of Selection
The NEET qualified candidates will have to register themselves and apply for AFMC, Pune on DGHS website www.mcc.nic.in during the registration window provided by the DGHS. The list of successfully registered candidates will be provided by DGHS and the NEET roll number of the candidates who are selected for screening will be prepared.
The exact schedule of the screening process along with the details of the shortlisted candidates will be made available on the website www.afmcdg1d.gov.in or www.mcc.nic.in. The shortlisted candidates will then have to appear for the screening test.
The shortlisted candidates will be called for screening test which will include the Test of English Language, Comprehension, Logic and Reasoning (ToELR), Psychological Assessment Test (PAT) followed by interview and medical examination held at AFMC, Pune campus.
AFMC MBBS 2020 Exam Pattern
The exam pattern for ToELR is given as:
|Mode of exam||Online (Computer-based)|
|Duration of exam||30 minutes|
|Number of questions||40|
|Type of questions||Objective type (Multiple-choice questions)|
|Marking scheme||+2 marks for each correct answer-0.5 for each incorrect answer|
This exam will be followed by an interview which will carry 50 marks. A final merit list will be prepared on the basis of written exam score and interview marks.
AFMC MBBS 2020 Admission
The candidates who clear the screening test, their names will appear in the final merit list. Admission will be granted to the candidates as per their names in this final list. The candidates who are called for admission will have to report at the institute along with the original documents. The documents of the candidates will be verified, and after that they will have to complete the rest of the formality of admission.
The candidate must report to the institute along with the documents mentioned in the list below. These documents must be presented in original and 12 attested photocopies. Some of the original documents will be submitted to OIC Admission Cell and the candidates must keep the certified copies of these certificates along with them.
Documents that will be submitted
- Class 10 Mark sheet
- Class 10 Pass Certificate
- Class 12 Mark sheet
- Class 12 Pass Certificate
- Migration Certificate
- Transfer Certificate/ School Leaving Certificate
- Certificate for proof of Date of Birth
- Nationality Certificate
- Gap Certificate (if gap is more than 2 years from the date of passing 12th class exam)
- Domicile Certificate
- Character Certificate
- Caste Certificate (if applicable)
- Caste Validity Certificate (if applicable)
- Affidavit with FIR in case of duplicate certificate
- NEET UG Mark sheet
- NEET UG Admit Card
- Proof of having passed Class 12 as a regular candidate
- Proof of Parents’ Income
- Color photographs of candidate and his/ her Local Guardian
- Sports Certificate
- NCC Certificate (if applicable)
- Proof of Ex-serviceman status (if applicable)
- Serving Certificate (in case either or both parents are serving personnel)
- Aadhaar Card