BCECE 2021-(STATE LEVEL OFFLINE TEST)
BIHAR COMBINED ENTRANCE COMPETITIVE EXAMINATION
BCECE 2021 (UGEAC) Counselling, Seat Allotment, Result, and Admission
Bihar Combined Entrance Competitive Examination Board conducted BCECE 2019 on June 29 – 30, 2021 for admitting students into Pharmacy, Agriculture and Health Science programs offered by colleges in the state of Bihar.
The Authority released a notice stating that JEE Main and NEET has replaced BCECE exam for admission to Engineering and Medical courses respectively. However, the state counselling for both the courses will be done by BCECEB only.
- BCECE Undergraduate Engineering Admission Counselling (UGEAC) Registration began from July 1, 2021.
- Admission in B.Tech courses on the basis of JEE Main 2021 score against seats reserved for state counselling will be done through UGEAC 2019.
- The qualifying marks for General category is 50% and 40% for reserved category. Check Cutoff
- BCECE was a 90 minutes offline exam having 100 multiple-choice questions.
- The syllabus is based on Physics, Chemistry, Biology and Mathematics curriculum of class 11 and 12.
BCECE Exam Highlights
|Exam Name||Bihar Combined Entrance Competitive Examination (BCECE)|
|Conducting Body||BCECE Board|
|Exam Type||State level|
BCECE 2019 Exam Dates
|Availability of BCECE 2019 application form||April 29, 2019||Check BCECE Notification in Hindi|
|Last date for filling online application form||May 20, 2019||Apply Here|
|BCECE Form Correction Window||May 23-25, 2019||Check BCECE Form Correction|
|Availability of Admit card||June 20, 2019 (Released)||Download Admit Card here|
|BCECE 2019 Exam for Agriculture Group||June 29, 2019 (Revised)||Check Exam Pattern|
|BCECE 2019 Exam for PCMB Group||June 30, 2019 (Revised)||Check Syllabus|
BCECE 2019 Eligibility Criteria
Before applying for the exam, candidates must go through BCECE Eligibility Criteria listed below.
- Only Indian nationals can apply for BCECE 2019.
- Candidates should have a domicile of Bihar.
- Parents of the candidate must be the permanent residents of Bihar state.
- Candidates whose parents are the employee in Public Sector Undertaking of Govt. of India.
- Candidates whose parents are working in the state of Bihar but living outside Bihar are also eligible to apply for BCECE 2019.
- For admission to Physiotherapy, Occupational Therapy, Public Health Para-Medical courses, the minimum age limit is 17 years as on December 31, 2019.
- For admission to Bihar Agriculture University, Sabor (Bhagalpur), the minimum age of the candidate must be 16 years on August 31, 2019 while the maximum age limit is not defined.
BCECE Reservation 2019
A few of the total seats are reserved as per the norms of Govt. of India for admission through BCECE. The reservation of seats (in percentage) are elucidated in the following table:
|Category||Percentage of Seats Reserved|
|Scheduled Caste (SC)||16.25%|
|Scheduled Tribe (ST)||01.25%|
|Extremely Backward Class (EBC)||18.25%|
|Backward Class (BC)||12.25%|
|Reserved Category Girls (RCG)||03.25%|
|Economically Weaker Section||10.25%|
Courses Offered Through BCECE 2019
|Subject Combination||Course Offered|
|PCM||Engineering & Dairy Technology|
|PCB||Physiotherapy, Occupational Therapy, Veterinary, Lab Technician, OT Assistant, X-Ray Technician, Ophthalmic Assistant, Orthotics and Prosthetics|
|CBA/PCA/MBA/MCA||Agriculture and Gardening|
BCECE Online Application Form 2019
Online Application Form for BCECE was available from April 29, 2019 at bceceboard.bihar.gov.in. Only single application form has to be submitted for applying for different courses.
- Begin the online registration process by filling in the details after which candidates will be provided their unique Registration Number and Password.
- Login with BCECE Registration Number and Password to upload your passport size photograph and signature and pay the registration fee.
- There are two parts of the application form, complete both Part A and Part B.
- Download the BCECE Application Form (Part A and B) and take its printout.
- Keep the print copies safe for counselling and admission purpose
|PCM/PCB/CBA/MBA/PCA/MCA||INR 1000||INR 500|
|PCMB||INR 1100||INR 550|
BCECE Admit Card 2019
- BCECE Admit card were available for download from June 20, 2019 at the official website of BCECE Board.
- To download BCECE Admit Card, enter Application Number and Password.
In case of any discrepancy found in BCECE Admit Card, contact the authority (at least 5 days prior to the examination | from 11 am to 5 pm):
How to verify details in the admit card?
Download the admit card using BCECE Registration Number and Date of Birth.
Check all the details carefully mentioned in admit card.
In case of discrepancy, contact the authorities immediately.
Take at least 2 printouts of the admit card and keep it safe for future use.
BCECE Exam Centers 2019
BCECE 2019 was conducted in 38 cities across Bihar, Jharkhand and other cities of Bihar. The BCECE Exam Center has to be chosen at the time of registration.
BCECE 2019 Exam Pattern
- Stages: BCECE 2019 was be a single stage examination only.
- Mode of Exam: Offline
- Type of Questions: Questions in BCECE were of Multiple Choice Questions.
- Medium of Exam: The question paper was set in both English and Hindi language.
- Total Papers: Physics, Chemistry, Mathematics, Biology and Agriculture.
- Duration: The duration of exam was 90 minutes (each paper).
- Number of Questions: 100 questions in each paper.
- Marking Scheme: 4 marks is to be awarded for each right option.
- Negative Marking: 1 mark is to be deducted as penalty for marking the wrong answer.
The candidates will appear for BCECE examination according to the following subject groups:
- PCM: Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics
- PCB: Physics, Chemistry and Biology
- PCMB: Physics, Chemistry, Mathematics and Biology
- CBA: Chemistry, Biology and Agriculture
How to fill OMR Sheet?
During the examination, candidates will be provided with a Question paper and an answer OMR sheet. Fill the details like your Registration no, Question paper code, Question paper set and other such details. In case, the information provided contains error, the computer will not be able to recognize the answer sheet.
- An OMR (Optical Mark Recognition) sheet is a Computer readable sheet and compiles the information automatically on scan.
- Go through the instruction provided on the back side of the OMR sheet before darkening the bubbles.
- Based on answers recorded, the board evaluates papers and awards marks to students.
BCECE Syllabus 2019
|Physics||Physics and Measurement, Kinematics, Laws of Motion, Work, Energy and Power, Rotational Motion, Gravitation, Properties of Solids and Liquids, Thermodynamics, Kinetic Theory of Gases|
|Chemistry||Some Basic Concepts in Chemistry, States of Matter, Solid State, Liquid State: Properties of liquids, Gaseous State, Atomic Structure, Chemical Bonding and Molecular Structure, Covalent Bonding, Molecular Orbital, Chemical Thermodynamics, First law of thermodynamics, Solutions, Equilibrium, Equilibrium involving chemical processes, Redox Reactions and Electrochemistry|
|Mathematics||Sets, Relations and Functions, Complex Numbers, Quadratic Equations, Matrices and Determinants, Mathematical Induction, Sequences and Series, Permutations and Combinations, Limits, Continuity and Differentiability,, Applications of Binomial Theorem, Integral Calculus, Differential Equation, Vector Algebra, Trigonometry, Co-ordinate Geometry, Three Dimensional Geometry, Probability, Statistics, and Mathematical Reasoning.|
|Biology||Diversity in Living World, Structural Organisation in Animal and Plants, Cell: Structure & Function, Plant Physiology, Human Physiology, Sexual Reproduction, Genetics & Evolution, Biology & Human Welfare, Biotechnology and its Applications, Ecology & Environment|
|Agriculture||Introductory Agriculture and Agro meteorology, Soil as a medium of plant growth, Plant breeding and genetics, Agricultural Engineering, Crop protection, Animal Husbandry, Dairy and Fish Production, Extension education, Presevation of fruits and vegetables, Flowers, medicinal and aromatic plants, Vegetable production, Fruit Production, Basic Horticulture.|
BCECE Answer Key
The answer keys will be released shortly after the exam. A few coaching institutes release their answer keys. The official answer keys will be released by the Board in the month of July, 2019. Check the following steps to calculate the provisional scores using BCECE answer key:
- Download the answer key from the link provided on the website
- Verify the answers with the options marked in the exam
- Calculate the total marks using the official marking scheme
- Estimate the rank and possible chances for admission.
BCECE 2019 Result
BCECE Result will be published online at bceceboard.bihar.gov.in in pdf format in the month of July, 2019. Candidates can check their BCECE Result by searching their BCECE roll number in the PDF. The result is published merit wise of different groups in the pdf file.
- Go to official website of BCECE
- Click on BCECE Result
- Download the PDF displaying the merit list
- Now match the roll numbers and find the result.
BCECE 2019 Merit list
Merit list for BCECE 2019 is prepared on the basis of the performance of the candidates in the examination. Also, the preparation of merit list is subjective to the availability of seats for different courses of Health Science, Pharmacy and Agriculture. Therefore, the merit list is prepared on the Merit-cum-seat availability basis.
BCECE 2019 Cutoff
There are several factors that affect BCECE Cut off. Some of the common factors are listed below:
- The total number of candidates appearing in particular subject group of BCECE 2019.
- Total seats available for admission under a particular subject stream.
- Reserved categories in BCECE 2019.
- Level of difficulty of the exam
BCECE Minimum Qualifying Criteria
BCECE Board releases the minimum qualifying marks at the time of announcement of result. As the Board has already announced the new exam pattern for BCECE 2019, so the criteria for obtaining minimum qualifying marks will vary as well.
BCECE Qualifying Marks
|General Category (PH)||45%|
|Reserved Category(OBC, SC, ST)||40%|
|Reserved Category (PH)||40%|
BCECE 2019 Counselling
BCECEB will conduct BCECE counselling separately for Pharmacy and Agriculture courses. It is also the conducting body of state counselling for Medical and Engineering seats on the basis of NEET and JEE Main scores respectively. Qualified candidates can download counselling letter from BCECE official website. They need to report to the counselling centre with counselling letter and other required documents, failing which will result in the candidate being not considered for the counselling process.
Seats will be allotted purely on the basis of Merit-cum-vacancy basis. BCECE Counselling will take place in multiple phases. Therefore candidates are suggested to keep applying for various options and keep themselves updated with information regarding the counselling.
|1st round of BCECE Counselling||to be completed on or before July 10, 2019|
|2nd round of BCECE Counselling||to be completed on or before July 17, 2019|
|3rd round of BCECE Counselling||to be completed on or before July 23, 2019|
|Last date for admitting candidates in seats other than above||July 30, 2019|
|Academic Session will begin from||August 1, 2019|
- Any number of rounds for counseling could be conducted depending on local requirement but all the rounds shall be completed before July 30, 2019.
- Last date for up to which students can be admitted against vacant seats arising due to any reason (no student should be admitted to any Institution after the last date under any quota) – August 15, 2019.
Qualified candidates of BCECE, will be eligible to undergo the process of BCECE counselling for allotment of seats to various govt., semi-govt., and privately funded institutions for courses like Pharmacy, Health Science and Agricultural programs. Candidates need to register for counselling on the official website at the link available. Following points must be kept in mind regarding BCECE Counselling-
- Candidates are required to register for counselling after the result of BCECE.
- The process of counselling will be online and candidates will have to fill their choices and lock their seats before the last date.
- Candidates will have to pay the counselling fees through bank challan.
Registration for counselling is mandatory and only registered & qualified candidates will be called for BCECE Counselling. Following steps are to be taken as reference for registration for BCECE.
- Go to official website of BCECE Board
- Click on the link- “Apply for counselling”
- Candidates will be asked to fill a form with contact information–
Candidates can fill their choices and lock seats online through the official website of BCECE. After successful login using BCECE Roll Number and Password created in the previous step, candidates will find the following options-
|Registration details||Contain information regarding the logged in candidate|
|Available Choices||Seats available to the candidate.|
|Fill Choices||Candidate can fill choices (seats) in this field.|
|Display Filled Choices||Displays all the filled Choices by the candidate.|
|Change Password||Helps to reset/change password.|
|Provisional Allotment Letter||Avails provisional allotment letter to the candidate.|
Provisional Seat Allotment
- The candidates can download the provisional seat allotment letter after completing the choice filling process.
- They can check the status of their seat allotment.
- Take the printout of their provisional seat allotment letter.
- They must possess the same at specified BCECE Counselling Centre for Handwriting verification whenever necessary.
- It is must to carry the provisional seat allotment letter with them during all process of counselling to ensure their admission and allotment of the desired seat.
Candidates’ handwriting is matched and verified with the text written in their OMR sheets. This is a uniform process which involves the collection of a handwriting specimen of the candidate. It is further compared with texts in their OMR sheets.
Handwriting Verification is done to ensure the authenticity of the candidate and their allotment.
Candidates successfully clearing the handwriting verification, can login again at the official website to ensure their allotment. Candidates will find a new link “FINAL SEAT ALLOTMENT”.
Candidates can download their Final seat allotment that will be required at the time of counselling. The candidates must report to the specified venue as mentioned in the Provisional Allotment Letter for document verification and fee payment.
Candidates who have successfully downloaded their final allotment letter, have to verify their documents and pay the admission fees to the allotted colleges. Candidates unable to produce any of the required documents will have their candidature cancelled. The admission process will continue further at the BCECE Counselling Centre.
- Final BCECE Seat Allotment Letter
- Class 10th Mark Sheet, Hall Ticket and Passing Certificate
- Class 12th Mark Sheet, Hall ticket and Passing Certificate
- Copy of 6 Photographs used in Online Application Form BCECE
- Counselling letter for BCECE
- Category Certificate (if applicable)
- Medical Certificate (as specified)
BCECE Participating Colleges
The following table displays the total number of seats in participating colleges. The officials have released the BCECE Seat Matrix Branch Wise for session 2019. Engineering and Medical seats will be filled through JEE Main and NEET respectively. Students in Pharmacy, Health Science and Agricultural Programs will be admitted through BCECE 2019.
|College Name||Civil||Mechanical||Electrical||E & CE||CSE||B. Ph.||L.Tech||LT.||E & E.E.||Total|
|Nalanda College of Engineering, Bihar||60||60||60||60||240|
|P.C.of Engg. Purnea||60||60||60||60||240|
|S.C. of Engg. Saharsa||60||60||60||60||240|
|S.C. of Engg. Supaul||60||60||60||60||240|
I.A.S. Association Building
Near Patna Airport,
Patna – 800014, Bihar (India)
Contact no:0612-2220230, 0612-2225387