COMEDK [COMEDK UGET] 2020-(STATE LEVEL ONLINE TEST)
CONSORTIUM OF MEDICAL ENGINEERING AND DENTAL COLLEGES OF KARNATAKA UNDER GRADUATE ENTRANCE TEST
COMEDK UGET 2020: Exam Date, Registration, Eligibility, Pattern, Syllabus
COMEDK UGET 2020 will be conducted in an online (computer-based) mode in the month of May. The exam conducted by Consortium of Medical, Engineering and Dental Colleges of Karnataka (COMEDK) for admission to B.E/B.Tech/B.Arch courses.
- COMEDK UGET is a state-level examination.
- Intermediate graduates from all over the country are eligible for the exam.
- COMEDK UGET Registration will commence tentatively in the third week of January 2020.
- Application Fee for the exam expected to be INR 1500 this year.
- For those who wish to apply for both COMEDK and UniGAUGE, the new fee will be INR 2400.
- The exam is expected to be conducted across 300 Exam Centers for engineering programs which offer around 20000 seats.
- As per the test pattern, the CBT will have MCQs in English only.
- Last year, the first rank was bagged by Durbha Aditya (National Public School, Bangalore) who scored 168 marks out of 180. Check COMEDK Cutoff
- Only COMEDK qualifiers can check their result and save their scorecard till admission. CheckCOMEDK UGET Counselling
Highlights of COMEDK UGET
|Exam Name||Consortium of Medical Engineering and Dental Colleges of Karnataka Under Graduate Entrance Test|
|Commonly Known As||COMEDK UGET|
|Conducting Institute||Consortium of Medical, Engineering and Dental Colleges of Karnataka (COMEDK)|
|Type of Examination||State Level|
|Category of Examination||Undergraduate Examination|
|Mode of Application||Online|
|Mode of Examination||Computer Based Test|
|Available Seats||20,000 (approx.)|
|Number of Applicants||Around 72,152|
Difference between COMEDK and KCET?
- COMEDK is an option for NON-Karnataka Students to enter into Engineering colleges in Karnataka.
- Whereas KCET is solely for locals who have at least 7 years study certificate in Karnataka.
- The main difference is the cost, KCET seats in Govt and Govt. Aided Engg. Colleges like UVCE, BMSCE will be around 18k, whereas in private Engg colleges will be around 50k per annum.
- In KCET, 50% marks of PCM / PCB for Engg / Medical is considered from 12th board exam and 50% from KCET paper. Whereas, COMEDK give no importance to 12th board exam marks for computing.
COMEDK UGET 2020 Exam Dates
In the below table, we are providing the official schedule of COMEDK UGET 2020:
|Start of registration for COMEDK UGET 2020||January 2020|
|Availability of Mock Test Online||February 2020|
|Last date for filling the application form||April 2020|
|Online Form Correction||April 2020|
|COMEDK UGET Hall Ticket||May 2020|
|COMEDK UGET and Uni-Gauge E 2020Engineering Entrance Examination 2020||May 2020|
|Release of Provisional Answer Key||May 2020|
|Apply for Challenges and Objection-Raising||May 2020|
|Release of Final Answer Key||May 2020|
|COMEDK UGET 2020 Result and Test Score Release||May 2020|
|Counselling Session of COMEDK UGET||July 2020|
COMEDK UGET Eligibility
Candidates must ensure that they fulfil COMEDK Eligibility Criteria before filling the application form. If at any point they are found to be ineligible, their candidature will be cancelled with immediate effect.
For B. Tech aspirants
- Those who are appearing/have qualified 10+2 exam with minimum 45% aggregate in PCM and English. (40% for reserved category candidates of Karnataka).
- Should have passed each subject individually.
- Diploma candidates are not eligible for COMEDK since no lateral entry is allowed in the course.
- Appearing for COMEDK Entrance Test will also be considered an attempt for figuring in the rank list.
COMEDK UGET 2020 Application Form
To apply for engineering programs, candidates have to register in a below-mentioned manner. We are providing the steps to fill the application form:
- Visit the official website of COMEDK i.e. comedk.org
- Click on the link and get registered yourself on the website.
- Fill all the details required in the registration/application form along with the valid mobile number and the email ID.
- After successful registration, you will receive a unique email ID and password on your registered mobile number and email ID.
- Login with the system generated user ID and password to complete the application process.
- Fill all the details in the application form such as personal, academic qualification, test centres, and some other necessary details.
- Upload the recent colour photograph (30mm x 45mm) in JPEG format with not more than 80kb. The size of the uploaded signature should be (35mm x 80m) with the maximum file size of 80kb.
- Candidates also have to upload the signature of father/guardian and unique Id proof in 80kb and 150 kb formats, respectively.
- Proceed to make payment by clicking on the payment gateway mode.
- You can re-login and check your status for the payment.
- Before clicking on the submit button preview your COMEDK UGET 2020 Application Form by clicking on “Preview” button and re-verify your application form.
COMEDK UGET 2020 Admit Card
- COMEDK UGET 2020 Admit Card will be provided through online mode ONLY.
- The COMEDK UGET Test Admission Ticket (TAT) will be available in May 2020.
- No applicant will be allowed to sit in the examination hall without the admit card.
- The candidates are advised to preserve the TAT until the admissions are confirmed.
- COMEDK UGET Hall Ticket will also be required in the counselling process.
COMEDK UGET 2020 Exam Centers
- COMEDK UGET 2020 will be conducted in around 140 exam cities across India.
- The test cities are allotted to candidates on a first come first serve basis.
- A candidate can choose and select 3 cities in order of preference at the time of applying for the exam.
- The option of the city chosen by the candidate cannot be changed subsequently under any circumstance.
- In case of non-availability of slots/centres in a city of your choice at the time of completing your application, you may choose to book a slot in an alternative city from the available list in the Online Application form.
- If for any reason, a test city has to be cancelled or is non-available, applicants who had opted for the cancelled/non-available test city will be allotted a center at another city by COMEDK.
- COMEDK reserves the right to allot any other Exam City other than the preference indicated by the applicant.
- Each city can have one or more centres. The allocation of COMEDK UGET 2020 Exam Centers is done through a computer-assisted randomization/optimization process.
- The allocated centre will be communicated on the online test admission ticket (online TAT).
COMEDK UGET 2020 Exam Pattern
- Medium of Exam: English Only
- Marking Scheme: +1 mark for the correct answer
- Negative Marking: no negative marking for wrong or unanswered question
- However, in the event of a tie in the test score the principle of least negative responses (Number of wrong answers) will be adopted. In addition, if required, other methods may be adopted to break ties.
- Total Marks: 180
|Subjects||PCM (B.E)||Date & Time|
|Physics||60 MCQ||May 12, 2020 (From 10:00 AM to 01:00 PM)|
COMEDK UGET Syllabus
Students must be aware of the syllabus before they start preparing for the exam. The following tables include the syllabus of 10 + 2 /11th and 12th STD /1st and 2nd PUC.
|General Dimensions||Modern Physics||Electricity and Magnetism|
|Thermal Physics||Mechanics||Centripetal and Centrifugal force|
|Hooke’s Law and Force||Sound and Mechanics Waves||Optics|
|Electricity and Magnetism||Oscillations||Thermal and Chemical effects of Current|
|Mole Concept||Atomic Structure & Chemical Bonding||Measurement in Chemistry|
|Thermodynamics||Gaseous and Liquid State||Surface Chemistry|
|Solid State||Solutions||Chemical Kinetics|
|Classification of elements & periodicity in properties||P-block elements||Metal and Metallurgy|
|F block elements||Co-ordination Compounds||Basic Concepts|
|Aldehydes and Ketones||Carbohydrates||Carboxylic Acids|
|Nuclear Chemistry||Chemistry in Action||–|
|Circles||Differential Equations||Three Dimensional Geometry|
|Vector algebra||Integral Calculus||Probability|
|Matrices and Determinants||Differential calculus||Number System|
- The Chemistry section is usually easy. It focuses on basic theoretical concepts, so most of the students can glide through it with ease.
- The Physics section was slightly tricky but if you practice enough sample papers, it won’t be too difficult to score well.
- Mathematics was the toughest section of the paper. It is lengthy with time-consuming calculations and thus the most challenging subject in the exam.
- Questions from English are generally easy and quick to solve.
COMEDK UGET Answer Keys
The answer key will be published by the exam conducting authority through online mode.
The authority will release a provisional & final answer key for the candidates.
The provisional answer key will be available in the third week of May.
Candidates were able to submit their objections till May 20, 2020.
Candidates have to pay INR 500 to challenge the answer key.
After the release of the COMEDK UGET 2020 answer key, the result (test scores) will be declared online by COMEDK in the third week of May 2020.
The exam opens up 29 courses for students who wish to pursue B.Tech. Check out the table for a list of all the courses.
|Electronics & Instrumentation Engineering||Aerospace Engineering|
|Information Science||Bio Medical Engineering|
|Electronics & Communications Engineering||Automobiles Engineering|
|Telecommunication Engineering||Chemical Engineering|
|Information Technology and Engineering||Computer Science Engineering|
|Medical Electronics||Construction Tech & Management|
|Mechatronics Engineering||Textile Engineering|
|Manufacturing Science & Engineering||Mining Engineering|
|Industrial Engineering & Management||Mechanical Engineering|
|Ceramic & Cement Technology||Marine Engineering|
|Automation & Robotics Engineering||Electronics & Instrumentation Engineering|
|Biotechnology||Industrial Engineering & Production|
|Civil Engineering||Environmental Engineering|
|Aeronautical Engineering||Electrical & Electronics Engineering|
COMEDK UGET Result 2020
The exam conducting authority will release COMEDK UGET result in the third week of May 2020. Candidates can check their result in online mode. After the result declaration, the merit list will be prepared. Candidates will be called for the counselling on the basis of the merit list. The conducting authority will also release COMEDK UGET Cut off for engineering & architecture courses after the result declaration.
COMEDK Result will show the following things:
- Application/Registration No.
- Candidate’s photo
- Admit Card/ TAT No.
- Candidate’s contact Details
- Date of Birth
- Stream Chosen
- Unique photo ID Proof details
- Test Score
- Test Rank
COMEDK UGET 2020 Cut off
COMEDK UGET Cut off will be different for various colleges, branch and categories. The cut-off list will contain opening rank and closing rank category-wise and branch-wise. Closing rank is the last rank after which admission is closed to the member institutions of COMEDK. The tentative qualifying marks for COMEDK UGET 2020 are as follows:
|Category||Qualifying Marks (Tentative)|
|Other Backward Classes||40%|
Previous Years Cut Off for Top 10 Colleges
Here we are providing the previous year’s cut off for top 10 colleges which accept COMEDK UGET scores:
|Top Engineering Colleges in Karnataka accepting COMEDK UGET score||2017||2016|
|BMS College of Engineering, Bangalore||10928||13058|
|Ramaiah Institute of Technology, Bangalore||13683||21514|
|RV College of Engineering, Bangalore||7558||8337|
|Bangalore Institute of Technology, Bangalore||23754||48843|
|Dayananda Sagar College of Engineering, Bangalore||51075||54508|
|KLE Technological University, Hubli||46039||47202|
|Nitte Meenakshi Institute of Technology, Bangalore||31541||53759|
|Acharya Institute of Technology, Bangalore||53696||51148|
|Siddaganga Institute of Technology, Tumkur||38491||47630|
|The National Institute of Engineering, Mysore||4587||34361|
A Merit List/Rank List will be prepared by the exam authorities. Those who make it to the Rank List will be eligible for centralized counselling. This merit list will be drawn on the basis of candidate’s performance, exam score, rank and the total number of seats available. Only those students who meet the minimum cutoff will be included in the list. Admission into engineering and architecture colleges will be solely based on this merit list.
Ties in the test scores, if any, will be resolved based on the following order specified:
- The principle of least negative responses (number of wrong answers) in 1) Physics, 2) Mathematics and 3) Chemistry
- Aggregate marks in Physics and Mathematics in the Entrance Test
- Marks in Mathematics in the Entrance Test
- Age of the Candidate, the elder candidate is ranked higher than the younger candidate.
COMEDK UGET Counselling 2020
- COMEDK will organize a centralized single window counselling or seat selection process of COMEDK for admission into engineering & architecture courses offered by the affiliated colleges of COMEDK.
- The counselling related information such as counselling schedule or procedure will be published on this page within the prescribed time.
- COMEDK UGET counselling will be started from July 1 to 13, 2020 through offline mode.
- The counselling will be held in two rounds.
- The admission will be done on the basis of a marks score in the examination.