CENTRAL UNIVERSITIES COMMON ENTRANCE TEST
CUCET 2020 Application Form, Exam Date, Eligibility, Pattern and Syllabus
CUCET is a national level examination which is regulated by ten central universities jointly. It is a combined entrance test organized for providing admission into various UG, PG & other courses offered by the central universities across India.
- CUCET Registration will be available on the official website from March 2020.
- Candidates fulfilling the eligibility criteria for CUCET exam can apply for the exam till April 2020.
- CUCET Admit Card of an applicant will be sent his/her CUCET registered email Id. Download and print the admit card.
- CUCET 2020 exam will be conducted from May 2020.
CUCET 2020 Highlights
|Date of Exam||May 2020|
|Conducting Body||Rajasthan Central University|
|Mode of Exam||Offline|
|Medium of Exam||English|
|Duration of Exam||2 hours|
|Type of Questions||MCQ|
|Sections and Number of Questions||Part A: 25 questions Part B: 75 questions Some Integrated Papers: 100 questions|
|Courses Offered||Integrated/ undergraduate, Postgraduate and Research Programs|
CUCET Exam Pattern Highlights
Courses Offered Through CUCET 2020
- Students can take CUCET 2020 exam for admission to different courses offered by the 10 participating universities.
- Courses offered under CUCET 2020 include Undergraduate, Integrated, Postgraduate, Diploma, and PhD programs.
- Central Universities of Punjab, Haryana, Jammu, Jharkhand, Karnataka, Kashmir, Kerala, Rajasthan, South Bihar, Tamil Nadu, and Bangalore School of Economics will participate in CUCET 2020 exam.
Total number of courses offered by CUCET 2020
|Name of Course||Number of Courses across Universities|
|UG and Integrated Courses||47|
|B.Ed., PG, M.Ed., Integrated M.Sc. B. Ed. & PG Diploma Programs||226|
CUCET 2020 Exam Dates
The official exam dates for CUCET 2020 exam is released. Candidates can check the dates for the same mentioned below:
|Online Application Starts||March 2020|
|Last date of registration||April 2020|
|Issue date of Admit Card||CUCET Admit Cardof an applicant will be sent his/her CUCET registered email Id. Download and print the admit card.|
|Exam Dates||May 2020|
|Result Declaration|| First week of June 2020|
CUCET 2020 Eligibility Criteria
There are a total of 10 universities participating under CUCET 2020. Each university has different criteria of eligibility for candidates. There are mainly three types of courses offered by CUCET 2020. Candidates can apply for UG, integrated, PG, and research programs. It is advisable that students go through the specific CUCET Eligibility Criteria of each university individually for their respective course before applying for CUCET 2020.
|UG|| 50% in 12th|
45% in 12th
|Physics, Chemistry, Mathematics and/or Biology||General|
| PG|| 55% in UG|
50% in UG
| Bachelor’s in the same field Or any associated field of the course in which you wish to take Masters|| General|
CUCET 2020 Eligibility for Ph.D. Program
- If a candidate has cleared UGC-CSIR JRF, GATE, NBHM or qualified in any other national level exams then you need not appear for the entrance test but will have to register for CUCET 2020.
- A master’s degree in any stream with a minimum of 55% for general candidates, 50% for OBC candidates, and 45% for SC/ST/PWD candidates is required.
Know More Details About CUCET Eligibility Criteria
Since all Universities have their own course-specific eligibility criteria, so all candidates need to enter university code in the application form to indicate university where the candidate is seeking admission.
To make things a little easier for you, we have collated a sheet of university codes:
|Central University of Haryana||CUHAR|
|Central University of Jammu||CUJAM|
|Central University of Jharkhand||CUJHD|
|Central University of Karnataka||CUKNK|
|Central University of Kashmir||CUKAS|
|Central University of Kerala||CUKER|
|Central University of Punjab||CUPUN|
|Central University of Rajasthan||CURAJ|
|Central University of South Bihar||CUSBR|
|Central University of Tamil Nadu||CUTND|
CUCET 2020 Application Form
- Candidates can avail the CUCET 2020 Application Form via online / Offline both mode.
- The application form can be filled till April 2020.
- Fill all the mandatory details in the application such as personal, academic, communication & many others.
- Upload the scanned images of latest photograph and signature.
- Make the application fee payment through online or offline mode.
- Candidates don’t forget to take a printout of the filled application form and keep it safe for future references.
- Fee can be paid by debit/credit card/net banking or Challan of SBI bank any branch.
- GST and other taxes as applicable by Govt. of India/ Bank.
- The PwD candidates are exempted from application fee.
- The application for other categories is mentioned here
|Category||Payment through online/debit/credit card||Payment through Challan|
|Application Fees*||Application Fee||Bank Commission||Total Fee to be paid|
|General/OBC||INR 800 for three PUs||INR 800||INR 50||INR 850|
|SC/ST||INR 350 for three PUs||INR 350||INR 400|
|PWD||Exempted from Application Fee|
CUCET 2020 Admit Card
- CUCET Admit Card of an applicant will be sent his/her CUCET registered email Id. Download and print the admit card.
- The admit card will be available for only successfully registered candidates.
- Details present on admit card had include exam centre, roll number, exam date, timing, etc.
- Admit card had to be carried mandatorily on the day of the exam.
CUCET 2020 Exam Centers
- CUCET will be conducted in 76 cities across the country.
- In case less than 100 students register for a test centre then it will automatically be cancelled.
- A nearby centre will be allocated in place of the cancelled centre.
CUCET 2020 Exam Pattern
The CUCET Exam Pattern details are mentioned here:
- Type of Question: Only Multiple Choice Questions will be asked in the examination.
- Parts: The exam will be conducted in two parts, i.e. Part A and Part B.
- Part-A: This section contains topics from English language, general awareness, mathematical aptitude and analytical skills.
- Part-B: This part has been divided into three sections and consists of a total of 75 MCQs from the domain knowledge.
- Duration: The exam duration is 2 hours.
- Exam Mode: The exam is organized through online mode.
- Marking Scheme: Three marks are given for each correct answer.
- Negative Marking: One mark is deducted for each incorrect answer.
- Pattern: The exam will be conducted in OMR pattern.
CUCET 2020 Syllabus
The syllabus for different undergraduate, postgraduate and integrated courses is compiled below for the reference of candidates. Download CUCET 2020 Syllabus for different courses in PDF format from the links provided below:
Syllabus for Undergraduate Programs
|Syllabus for UG and Integrated Programs|
Integrated B.Sc.B.Ed. (Mathematics)
Integrated Science B.Sc.M.Sc.
Integrated B.A.LLB. (Hons)
Syllabus for PG and Integrated Programs
|Syllabus for PG|
|B. Ed.||Click Here|
|Master of Law (L.L.M)||Click Here|
English and Comparative Literature
|Linguistics and Language Technology|
Hindi and Comparative Literature
|Classical Tamil||Click Here|
History and Archaeology
|Performing Arts (Vocal Music)||Click Here|
|Performing Arts (Theatre Arts)||Click Here|
|Tribal & Customary Law||Click Here|
|Folkloristic and Tribal Studies|
M. A. (Folkloristics)
|Applied Geography & Geoinformatics|
Applied Geology & Geoinformatics
|Indigenous Culture Studies||Click Here|
|M. Arch. (Sustainable Architecture)||Click Here|
Biochemistry and Molecular Biology Biotechnology
Life Sciences (specialization in Animal Sciences) Life Sciences (specialization in Biochemistry)
Life Sciences (specialization in Bioinformatics) Life Sciences (specialization in Human Genetics) Life Sciences (specialization in Microbial Sciences) Life Sciences (specialization in Molecular Medicine)
Life Sciences (specialization in Plant Sciences) Microbiology
|Pharmaceutical Sciences (Medicinal Chemistry) Pharmaceutical Sciences (Pharmacognosy and Phytochemistry)|
|Chemical Sciences (Medicinal Chemistry ) Chemistry (Computational Chemistry)|
Computer Science (Big Data Analytics)
Master of Computer Applications (3 Yrs)
MA/MSc Applied Mathematics
Physics (Computational Physics)
|Computer Science (Cyber-Physical Systems) Information Technology|
Computer Science and Technology
Computer Science and Technology (Cyber Security)
|Materials Science||Click Here|
|Material Sciences & Tech.||Click Here|
|Food Science and Technology||Click Here|
|Water Engineering and Management||Click Here|
|Energy Engineering||Click Here|
|Environmental Science and Technology Environmental Science||Click Here|
|Atmospheric Science||Click Here|
|Epidemiology and Public Health||Click Here|
|Yoga Therapy||Click Here|
MBA (Supply Chain Management)
MBA (Human Resource Management)
MBA (Tourism and Travel Management)
MBA (Textile Apparel and Retail Management) Master of Tourism & Travel Management
|Human Rights & Conflict Management||Click Here|
|M. Lib. & Information Science||Click Here|
|Master of Journalism and Mass Communication Convergent Journalism|
Culture and Media Studies
Mass Communication and New Media
Communication and Media Studies
Mass Communication and Journalism
|National Security Studies||Click Here|
|International Relations and Political Science Political Science and International Relations Political Science|
|Public Policy and Public Administration|
Public Admin & Policy Studies
Public Policy, Law and Governance
|Comparative Religion||Click Here|
|Public Health||Click Here|
|Hotel Management & Catering Tech.||Click Here|
Applied Qualitative Finance
|Guidance & Counselling||Click Here|
|Chemical Lab Technician||Click Here|
|Digital Society||Click Here|
|Ph.D. – Architecture||Click Here|
CUCET 2020 Results
- Availability of results: Exam takers can check CUCET 2020 Results on the official website from June 2020. The result of the Central Universities Common Entrance Test 2020 (CUCET 2020) is declared for each program.
- Shortlisting Process: Shortlisting will be done on basis of CUCET 2020 performance and the scores obtained in qualifying examinations.
- GD/PI: The concerned universities conduct further processes after the process of shortlisting, they are called for Group Discussion and Personal Interview.
- Merit list: On the basis of the performance of the candidate, the merit list will be prepared and will be used for admission to UG, PG, PG Diploma, Integrated Programs, B.Ed, PhD programs in the participating Central Universities.
CUCET 2020 Cut Of
CUCET Cut off will depend on the overall performance by students in the entrance exam. Each university releases its ownCUCET Cut off list for the courses they offer. The tentative cutoff marks for different courses offered through CUCET is mentioned below:
|Course|| College Accepted|| CUCET Cut off Marks||Course||College Accepted||CUCET Cut off Marks|
| MA Folkloristics|| Central University of Jharkhand – [CUJ] – Ranchi||32|| L.L.M.|| Central University of Kerala – [CUK] – Kasaragod|| 164|
| Ph.D. Nutrition Biology|| Central University of Haryana – [CUH] – Narnaul||90|| L.L.M.|| Central University of Punjab – [CUP] – Bathinda|| 164|
| MA Mathematics|| Central University of Kashmir – Srinagar||92|| Ph.D. Chemistry|| Central University of Haryana – [CUH] – Narnaul|| 142|
| MA Tribal Law and Governance|| Central University of Jharkhand – [CUJ] – Ranchi|| 103|| Ph.D. Chemistry|| Central University of Karnataka – [CUK] – Gulbarga|| 157|
| Ph.D. Microbiology|| Central University of Haryana – [CUH] – Narnaul||111|| M.Sc Computational Chemistry|| Central University of Punjab – [CUP] – Bathinda|| 142|
| M.Tech Information Technology|| Central University of Kashmir – Srinagar|| 113|| MA Tourism Management|| Central University of Kashmir – Srinagar|| 143|
| Ph.D. Physics|| Central University of Karnataka – [CUK] – Gulbarga||118|| M.Sc Medicinal Chemistry|| Central University of Punjab – [CUP] – Bathinda||143|
| M.Sc Mathematics|| Central University of Haryana – [CUH] – Narnaul||127|| M.Tech Computer Science & Technology|| Central University of Punjab – [CUP] – Bathinda|| 147|
| M.Sc Mathematics|| Central University of Karnataka – [CUK] – Gulbarga|| 155|| M.Tech Cyber Security|| Central University of Punjab – [CUP] – Bathinda|| 147|
| M.Sc Mathematics|| Central University of Punjab – [CUP] – Bathinda||155|| MA Political Science|| Central University of Punjab – [CUP] – Bathinda||154|
| M.Sc Mathematics|| Central University of Kerala – [CUK] – Kasaragod||162|| MA Political Science|| Central University of Haryana – [CUH] – Narnaul|| 164|
| M.Phil. Education|| Central University of Haryana – [CUH] – Narnaul|| 128|| MA Political Science|| Central University of Kashmir – Srinagar|| 185|
| M.Lib.I.Sc|| Central University of Haryana – [CUH] – Narnaul|| 129|| BA + MA Tibetan|| Central University of Jharkhand – [CUJ] – Ranchi|| 155|
| MA Vocal|| Central University of Jharkhand – [CUJ] – Ranchi|| 129|| Ph.D. Kannada|| Central University of Karnataka – [CUK] – Gulbarga|| 155|
| Post Graduate Diploma in Guidance & Counselling|| Central University of Kashmir – Srinagar||130|| MBA Agri-Business|| Central University of Punjab – [CUP] – Bathinda||155|
| MA English|| Central University of Kashmir – Srinagar||131|| MA Education|| Central University of Haryana – [CUH] – Narnaul|| 156|
| MA English|| Central University of Haryana – [CUH] – Narnaul|| 183|| MA Education|| Central University of Punjab – [CUP] – Bathinda||156|
|MA English|| Central University of Punjab – [CUP] – Bathinda||202||MA Education||Central University of Kashmir – Srinagar||182|
| MA English|| Central University of Karnataka – [CUK] – Gulbarga||241|| MA Hindi|| Central University of Haryana – [CUH] – Narnaul||156|
|MA History|| Central University of Punjab – [CUP] – Bathinda||132||MA Hindi|| Central University of Punjab – [CUP] – Bathinda||156|
| MA History|| Central University of Haryana – [CUH] – Narnaul|| 133|| MA Hindi||Central University of Karnataka – [CUK] – Gulbarga||242|
| MA History|| Central University of Karnataka – [CUK] – Gulbarga|| 160|| M.A. Convergent Journalism|| Central University of Kashmir – Srinagar||156|
|M.Sc Statistics|| Central University of Punjab – [CUP] – Bathinda|| 133|| Master of Science Physics|| Central University of Haryana – [CUH] – Narnaul|| 157|
| M.Sc Statistics|| Central University of Haryana – [CUH] – Narnaul|| 134|| Master of Science Physics|| Central University of Kerala – [CUK] – Kasaragod||181|
| M.Sc Food Technology|| Central University of Punjab – [CUP] – Bathinda|| 136|| Master of Science Physics|| Central University of Karnataka – [CUK] – Gulbarga||185|
| L.L.M.|| Central University of Haryana – [CUH] – Narnaul|| 139|| Master of Science Physics|| Central University of Punjab – [CUP] – Bathinda||185|
CUCET 2020 Counsellin
The counselling process is conducted online mode. All the universities conduct their own counselling process separately for different academic programs offered by them. Some major components of CUCET Counselling are highlighted below:
- After the announcement of the result or list, the candidates are required to attend the counselling in order to complete the document verification and admission processes.
- The counselling will be scheduled only for the shortlisted candidates. It should be noted that the Counselling for participating universities is done separately by the respective universities.
- Students are allotted seats during counselling. The allotment will be purely based on the candidate’s rank and availability of seats for the preferred course.
- You need to register for attending the CUCET 2020 counselling session.
- CUCET 2020 Counselling will be strictly based on the merit list that is prepared as per marks in the entrance examination.
- The counselling process includes the score obtained in written test and interview that will carry a weight of 60% and 40% respectively.
- Candidates, who qualify NET/JRF/SLET/Teacher Fellowship will be exempted from the written test. For them, the interview will carry 100% weight.
- Universities from the state: Central University Common Entrance Test is commonly referred to as CUCET. The Universities of Tamil Nadu, Jammu, Jharkhand, Kashmir, Haryana, Kerala, Punjab and Rajasthan jointly conducts this entrance exam, available for students across India.
- The test is for the candidates willing to gain admissions into the Graduate-level, PG Level and Ph.D. level course at the above mentioned University.