GURU GOBIND SINGH INDRAPRASTHA UNIVERSITY COMMON ENTRANCE TEST
IPU CET 2020: Exam Date, Application Form, Eligibility, Syllabus, Pattern
Indraprastha University Common Entrance Test (IPU CET) is a university – level entrance exam organized by Guru Gobind Singh Indraprastha University (GGSIPU). It is held for admission to UG & PG programs in the field of Engineering, Medical, Dental, Law, and Management.
- Schedule for IPU CET 2020 Offline Counselling has released.
- IPU CET 2020 Result for B.Ed, BJMC, BBA and other courses was released on May 13, 2020
- Cut off for various courses and colleges are released separately. Check IPU CET Cut off
- There are 81 colleges accepting IPU CET 2020 for admitting students in various programs.Check Participating colleges
IPU CET 2020 is scheduled from May 4, 2020 to June 2, 2020. Exam Pattern and Syllabus varies course-wise. The exam is conducted in offline mode. Check Exam Pattern
From 2020 onwards, the Guru Gobind Singh Indraprastha University will enrol students in its various programs through National Level Exams. The official notification confirming the same is given below:
National Level Exams Dates
|Exam Name||Exam Date|
|JEE Main 2020||January 6 – 20, 2020|
|CAT 2020||November 24, 2020 (Tentatively)|
|CLAT 2020||May 12, 2020|
|NEET UG 2020||May 5, 2020|
|NEET PG 2020||January 6, 2020|
|NIMCET 2020||May 27, 2020|
IPU CET 2020 Exam Highlights
|Exam Name||Indraprastha University Common Entrance Test|
|Conducting Body||National Level Exams|
|Courses Available||UG & PG|
|Mode of Application||Online|
|IPU CET Contact Details||1800 266 9060 | firstname.lastname@example.org|
IPU CET 2020 Eligibility
IPU CET is conducted for admission in UG and PG programs. The eligibility criteria for each program differs. However, there are some basic eligibility conditions which must be fulfilled before filling the Application Form:
- Nationality- Indian
- Minimum qualification for UG course- 10+2 board examination or equivalent exam
- Minimum qualification for PG course- Graduation
- Age limit for UG course- Not be more than 21 years or less than 18 years
Check course-wise IPU CET Eligibility Criteria 2020
IPU CET 2020 Reservation
- There is a provision for reservation of seats into various categories.
- GGSIPU provides special reservation for candidates who belong to Delhi, while some percentage of seats are secured for candidates from outside Delhi.
- However, if the college is self-financing, reservation for up to 10% will be made for the candidates from management quota.
IPU CET Reservation Criteria for candidates belonging to Delhi and other states in terms of percentage:
|Category||University Schools and Govt.Schools In NCR of Delhi||Self Financing of Institute/Colleges in NCT of Delhi||Institution s Located Outsides|
|Delhi Region||Outside Delhi Region||Delhi Region||Outside Delhi Region||Delhi Region||Outside Delhi Region|
IPU CET 2020 Application Form
The university releases the application form through online mode only. Candidates can fill IPU CET Application Form for more than one course by submitting separate forms. There is no need to send the hard copy of the filled form to the University.
How to Apply for IPU CET 2020?
- Visit the official website of IP university
- Click on the link “IPU CET 2020 Registration”.
- Select the exam category from the given choices.
- Enter the required credentials i.e. personal details and academic details.
- Upload photograph and signatures of file size less than 80 kb. File must be in JPG, JPEG or GIF format.
- Select the course and Test center.
- Upon submission, you will receive a system generated log in id and password on your id.
- Pay the application fee of INR 1000 (for each program) and save the receipt.
IPU CET 2020 Admit Card
GGSIPU released the admit card five days before the exam date. Separate hall tickets are released for each exam. Admit Card is available in online mode only. In case of any discrepancy, conatct the authorities at email@example.com.
How to download IPU CET Admit Card 2020?
- Visit the official website of IPU CET 2020
- Enter the application number and password to log in
- Click on the link ‘IPU CET 2020 Admit Card’
- Admit card will be displayed on the screen.
- Save, download and take a print out of the Admit Card
Note: It is mandatory for the candidates to carry Admit Card on the day of examination, else one will not be allowed to appear for the exam.
IPU CET 2020 Exam Centers
- IPU CET Exam is conducted in over 15 test cities.
- Candidates are asked to select their preferred IPU CET Exam Center at the time of application form-filling.
- IPU CET 2020 test center for all courses except B. Tech, MCA and MBA programs is Delhi only.
|Name of the City||Code||Name of the City||Code|
IPU CET 2020 Exam Pattern
IPUCET 2020 for all programs is scheduled between May 4, 2020 to June 2, 2020 in offline mode. The exam pattern for every stream and course is different. The nature of questions (objective/ subjective) also differs. Given below are the highlights of IPU CET Exam Pattern for different courses:
IPU CET 2020 Exam Pattern for BBA
The paper is divided into four sections. Questions are asked from English, General Awareness, Logical Reasoning and Management Aptitude. IPU CET for BBA comprises of 150 objective type questions to be solved within 2 hours 30 minutes.
IPU CET 2020 Exam Pattern for B. Tech
IPU CET for B. Tech tests candidate’s aptitude based on Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics. 150 objective questions are asked and sectional weightage of 33.33% is given to each section.
IPU CET 2020 Exam Pattern for B. Com (Hons.)
The paper has 35 questions from Logical Reasoning, 40 questions from Language Comprehension, 25 questions from General Awareness and 50 questions from Data Interpretation.
IPU CET 2020 Exam Pattern for LE- B. Tech (Diploma)
For Lateral Entry B. Tech course, candidates will have to appear for 4 sections in IPU CET 2020. The sections covered in it are- Applied Mechanics, Applied Mathematics, Fundamentals of Electrical Engineering and Electronics and Fundamentals of Mechanical Engineering and Computer Awareness. The weightage of each section is equal i.e. 25%.
IPU CET 2020 Exam Pattern for LE- B. Tec
Candidates aspiring admission into LE- B. Tech (B. Sc.) must appear for IPU CET 2020 and give answers to the 4 sections covered in it. These sections are as follows:
|B. Sc. Level Mathematics||25%|
|English (10+2 level)||25%|
|Analytical and logical reasoning||25%|
IPU CET 2020 for B. Tech BT
There are three sections covered under Indraprastha University Common Entrance Test 2020 B.Tech BT i.e. Physics, Chemistry and Biology. The maximum weightage out of all three sections is of Biology/Biotechnology i.e. 50%. The other two sections are equally weighed- Physics (25%), Chemistry (25%).
IPU CET 2020 Marking Scheme
- Every correct answer fetches +4 marks.
- For every wrong answer, -1 is deducted (except for MBBS, PGMC and SSMC exam).
- Total marks for IPU CET 2020 is 600 (except for MBBS, PGMC and SSMC exam).
- There is no negative marking in DM/ MCH/ SSMC exam.
IPU CET 2020 Results
- GGSIPU has begun announcing the result for various courses from May 13 onwards.
- Scorecards are uploaded on the official website.
- The overall and sectional marks, roll number and ranks are described on the scorecard.
- The IPU CET Result is required during Counselling so save it.
How to Check IPU CET Result 2020?
- Visit the official website of IPUCET.
- Click on the link ‘Result’ link.
- Enter course name, roll number and password.
- Click on ‘Submit’ button.
- IPU CET 2020 Result will be displayed on the screen.
IPU CET 2020 Cut Off
- IPU CET Cut off is prepared on the basis of availability of seats, number of candidates and the number of seats available.
- To get admitted to their desired college, candidates are required to score equal to or more than the released IPU CET Cutoff.
- The closing rank for last year in IPU is given below. It is expected to be similar this year too.
IPU CET 2020 Counselling
After the declaration of results, candidates are shortlisted for IPU CET 2020 Counselling. A merit list is prepared on the basis of scores obtained by candidates in IPU CET Exam. For the academic session 2020-2020, IPU CET 2020 Counselling is likely to be conducted in June.
IPU CET Online Counselling
- Pay fee of INR 1000 through either online or offline mode.
- Registration will begin two days after the payment of counselling fee.
- Fill choices in the order of preferences, for allotment from the list of all institutes and programs available.
- Opportunity to edit/modify/add/delete preferences will be given after allotment of seat in the first round for the subsequent round of counselling.
- Allotment of the seats will be done on the basis of merit, respective category, and region.
- Once the seat is allotted, candidates will pay the part of Academic Fee of INR 40,000.
- Visit the designated center to complete the admission process.
- Carry original documents along with them for verification.
IPU CET Offline Counselling
- Qualified candidates have to report to the counselling venue in person with all the required documents.
- Candidates have to mark their presence to the officer. During the first round of counselling, the candidates are called on rank/merit basis.
- Submit the counselling fee and collect admission receipt from admission officer.
- Lock the allotted seat by making the fee payment in the next step. Only offline mode (cash/cheque) is not accepted.
- The candidates cannot change the allotted seat in subsequent days for first round of counselling, but can change in the second round of counselling after payment of sum of INR 5000 by demand draft drawn in favor of “Registrar Guru Gobind Singh Indraprastha University payable at New Delhi”