The JIPMER MBBS 2020 entrance test will be conducted by the Jawaharlal Institute of Postgraduate Medical Education and Research for providing the candidates admission into its MBBS degree program. The exam will be conducted in the month of June 2020 and the medical aspirants who are planning to appear for this exam should start their preparations.
In order to help the candidates in getting exam-ready, we are providing here some basic tricks and strategies they can follow before the exam. The other details related to JIPMER 2020 exam such as eligibility criteria, application form, admit card, etc will also be provided to the candidates through this post.
News: As per sources- JIPMER MBBS entrance has been replaced by NEET.
JIPMER 2020 Important Dates
JIPMER 2020 important dates will be provided shortly after the released of its respective notification-
|Release of online application form||1st week of March 2020|
|Last date for submission of application form||2nd week of April 2020|
|Availability of admit card||4th week of May 2020|
|Date of MBBS entrance exam||1st week of June 2020|
|Publication of merit list||3rd week of June 2020|
|Date of first counseling||Last week of June 2020|
|Date of second counseling||4th week of July 2020|
|Date of third counseling||3rd week of August 2020|
|Date of final counseling||Last week of September 2020|
|Admission formalities||1st week of July 2020|
|Issue of admission letter & letter for hostel accommodation||1st week of July 2020|
|Commencement of course||1st week of July 2020|
|Closing of admission process||Last week of September 2020|
JIPMER 2020 Eligibility Criteria
Please ensure that you are eligible simply by going through the points mentioned below-
- The candidates of Indian Nationals and NRI & OCI applicants can apply.
- The candidates should be 17 years of age on or before 31st December 2020. There is no upper age limit.
- Those who have passed (or are appearing in) 10+2 or equivalent exam from a recognized board with English, Chemistry, Physics, and Biotechnology/ Biology subjects and at least 50% marks (45% for OPH- Gen and 40% for SC/ ST/ OPH- SC/ OPH- ST candidates) in aggregate of these subjects can apply for the JIPMER 2020 exam. Individual pass in these subjects and in English is also mandatory.
- The OCI/ NRI candidates will have to submit an Eligibility Certificate from Association of Indian Universities, New Delhi in order to be eligible for admissions.
The candidates can submit the JIPMER 2020 application form only through online mode. The application form for the entrance test will be made available on the official website of the institute jipmer.puducherry.gov.in. The candidates will have to provide the basic details of personal and academic qualification in the application. Scanned copies of photograph, signature and Caste/ Community/ OPH certificate (whichever applicable) will also be uploaded in the form. In the end, the candidates will have to make payment of the required application fee to complete the application process.
|General (UR)/ P- UR and OBC/ P- OBC||Rs. 1500/- + transaction charges|
|SC/ ST & P- SC/ ST||Rs. 1200/- + transaction charges|
|NRI/ OCI||Rs. 3000/- + transaction charges|
|OPH & P- OPH||Exempted from paying the application fees|
The candidates must take a printout of the filled-in application form in case of future reference.
Here is the quick highlight of JIPMER 2020 exam pattern. If there is something that need to be updated after the release of its respective notification then we will update the same over here.
- The JIPMER 2020 exam will be conducted in online mode (computer-based test).
- The duration of the exam will be 2 hours and 30 minutes.
- The paper will be available in only English medium.
- There will a total of 200 questions asked in the exam.
- All the questions will be of objective type.
- Each question will carry 4 marks and for each wrong answer 1 mark will be deducted.
|Subject||No. of questions||Total marks|
|English Language and Comprehension||10||40|
|Logical & Quantitative Reasoning||10||40|
The syllabus of JIPMER 2020 exam will be based on the curriculum of the class 11th and 12th as prescribed by the CBSE and the State Board. The questions in the exam will be asked from the subjects of Physics, Chemistry, and Biology and certain basic questions related to English language and logical and quantitative reasoning will also be asked.
The candidates preparing for JIPMER 2020 have sufficient time to groom their knowledge. What they need to do is to make a study plan and then follow it in a proper manner without fail. Below here are given certain strategies that the aspirants can follow in order to get ready for their examinations:
- Know your syllabus: It is very important to know the syllabus of the exam that you are preparing for. Know your syllabus and then collect all the study material accordingly.
- Make a time table: Time management is very important for preparing a tough exam like JIPMER and a time table plays very essential role in time management. So, prepare a time table and stick to it.
- Make proper notes: Making notes of the important topics while studying is really important. Notes are also very helpful while you are doing revision before the exam.
- Mock tests and practice paper: Solving the practice paper will help you in getting a more clear understanding of the exam pattern. By doing so, you will also learn about the topics that you are weak in and needs more focus.
- Revise regularly: Do not wait till the end of course completion to do the revision. Try a pattern of weekly revision. All the topics that you have studied whole week, try to revise it at the end of the week.
Recommended Books for JIPMER 2020 Preparation
- NCERT for class 11th and 12th
- Concept of Physics by H C Verma
- Objective Physics by Dinesh
- NCERT for class 11th and 12th
- Dinesh Inorganic Chemistry
- Arihant Organic Chemistry
- Physical Chemistry by O P Tandon
- NCERT for class 11th and 12th
- Pradeep Publication’s Biology
- Objective Biology by Dinesh
The admit card for the JIPMER 2020 entrance exam will be made available to the applicants in online mode. The admit card will be supposedly released in the month of May 2020 on the official website and the applicants will be able to download the admit card by entering their registration number and password. The candidates must carry their admit card at the exam center along with valid identity proof (in original & photocopy). No candidate will be allowed to appear for the exam without a valid admit card and id proof.
The result of the JIPMER 2020 exam will be released on the JIPMER website most probably in the month of June 2020. On the basis of marks secured in the entrance exam, a merit list will be prepared. Separate merit lists will be drawn for different categories and the candidates will be invited to participate in the counseling process on the basis of the merit list drawn.
The counseling for the JIPMER 2020 exam will be done in offline mode. The candidates will get the call letter for the counseling from the official website and will have to report to the institute for counseling at the time and date as mentioned in the call letter. The candidates must bring all the important documents on the day of counseling failing which, the candidates will not be considered for further process of admissions.