KVPY 2020- (NATIONAL LEVEL ONLINE/OFFLINE TEST)
KISHORE VAIGYANIK PROTSAHAN YOJANA
KVPY 2020 Admit Card (Out), Exam Date, Pattern, Syllabus, and Cutoff
KVPY (Kishore Vaigyanik Protsahan Yojana) is a national level scholarship program up to Pre-Ph.D level. It is organized by IISc Bangalore annually. For the year 2019, KVPY exam is scheduled to be conducted on November 3, 2019.
- The exam will be conducted in online mode means it is a computer-based test. Check KVPY Exam Pattern
- KVPY will have multiple choice questions on Mathematics, Biology, Physics and Chemistry.
- KVPY 2019 Result will be announced in the first week of December.
- The selection of candidates is done through aptitude test and Interview round.
KVPY 2020 Exam Highlights
|Exam||KVPY (Kishore Vaigyanik Protsahan Yojana)|
|Conducting Authority||IISc, Bangalore (Indian Institute of Science, Bangalore)|
|Streams||SA, SB and SX|
|KVPY Exam Centers||54 Cities across|
|KVPY 2019 Exam Date||November 3, 2019|
|Mode of Exam||Online i.e. Computer-based|
|Medium of Exam||English only|
|Number of Qualified candidates||SA- 75, SB- 66, SX- 144|
KVPY 2020 Exam Dates
The below table represents schedule of KVPY 2019 Exam:
|Online Application Process begins||July 8, 2019|
|Last date of form submission||August 31, 2019|
|Issue of KVPY Admit card||October 7, 2019 (Released)|
|KVPY 2019 Exam Date||November 3, 2019|
|KVPY Result declaration||3rd week of December 2019|
|Interview session||3rd week of January 2019|
KVPY Eligibility Criteria
Candidates who are applying for KVPY 2019 must check the detailed eligibility standards given below. It includes educational conditions for each stream-SA/SX/SB, which candidates must fulfil to avail the fellowship program.
On the Basis of Nationality:
Only Indian nationals are eligible to apply for KVPY exam.
|SA||Candidates who enrolled themselves in Class 11th (science stream) must apply for this exam. Minimum Marks: Candidates must pass class 10th with Mathematics & Science subjects with minimum 75% (65% for SC/ST/PWD).|
|SX||Qualifying Exam: Candidates who have taken admission in class 12th (science subjects) can apply. Minimum Marks: Candidates must score minimum 60% (50% for SC/ST/PwD) in Mathematics and Science subjects (PCB) in Class 12th. Candidates also have to obtain at least 75% (65% in case of SC/ST/PwD) in class 10th.|
|SB||Qualifying Exam: Candidates who enrolled in 1st year of the UG programme in Basic Science (Physics/Chemistry/Mathematics & Biology)- B.Sc/BS/B.Math./B.Stat./MS/Int. M.Sc) can apply for this exam. Minimum Marks: Candidates must score at least 60% (50% in case of SC/ST/PwD category) in 10+2 examination. In the first year of their final exam in B.Sc/BS/B.Math./B.Stat./MS/Int. M.Sc, students must secure 60% (50% for SC/ST/PWD).|
KVPY 2020 Application Form
Candidates can submit KVPY 2020 Application Form through online mode. The application form details are given below.
- There is no other mode to fill application form.
- Candidates can register for KVPY exam from July 08, 2019 onwards.
- The last date of application form submission is August 31, 2019.
- Candidates have to fill their personal and academic details, choose test centre & upload photograph, signature & other certificates as applicable.
- Before filling the KVPY registration form, candidates must read the instruction carefully.
- Keep the printout of the filled application form for future use.
- Candidates can submit the application fee through online (Credit Card/Debit Card/Net Banking) mode.
- The application fee is INR 1000 for General category/OBC & INR 500 for SC/ST/PwD category).
KVPY 2020 Admit Card
- KVPY Admit Card 2019 has been released by IISc on October 7, 2019 at the official website.
- Only those candidates who have successfully registered for the exam will be issued the admit card of KVPY.
- Before downloading the document, candidates must cross-check the details mentioned on it.
What to Carry with KVPY Admit Card 2020?
Candidates appearing for KVPY 2020 are advised to carry the documents mentioned below to their allotted exam center:
Two passport-sized photographs as uploaded on KVPY application form Original Photo Identity proof
KVPY 2020 Test Centers
- Candidates have the option to select four choices from the list of KVPY 2020 exam center at the time of filling the KVPY application form
- The exam conducting authority will be allotting the exam center in order of preference chosen by candidates and availability of seats
- Candidates appearing for KVPY 2020 should not forget to carry their KVPY admit card in original as well as a photocopy while appearing for the examination
- Candidates must read all instructions for KVPY exam center 2020 mentioned on their admit card and should follow the instructions to avoid any discrepancy that may create hassles
- Candidates are not allowed to carry any electrical items/gadgets or study materials inside the examination hall. If any candidate is found carrying any material that is not allowed, their candidature will be cancelled on the spot
- Also, the exam centre officials are not accountable for the loss of any material outside KVPY exam centre 2020
KVPY 2020 Exam Pattern
Here we are providing the Exam Pattern of KVPY 2020 examination:
- Exam Mode: The exam will be conducted in online (Computer Based Test) mode.
- Date & Shift: KVPY 2020 is scheduled for November 3 in two shifts, for stream SA 9:00 AM to 12:30 PM and for stream SB/SX 2 PM to 5 PM.
- Medium of Question Paper: The question paper will be asked in both English & Hindi Language.
- Type of Questions: It is a multiple choice type question paper. All the questions are compulsory to attempt in stream SA. There is an option to attempt any three sections in Part I & any two sections in Part II in Stream SB/SX.
- Duration of Exam: Duration of the paper is three hours.
- Sections: Question paper will contain two sections: Part I & Part II, having four sections each.
- Total Marks: The paper will consist of 100 marks.
KVPY 2020 Marking Scheme
- The question papers of Stream SA & Stream SB/SX will be of 100 marks.
- In Part I of both the Stream, one mark will be awarded for correct response and 0.25 marks will be deducted for an incorrect response.
- In Part II of Stream SA and Stream SB/SX, for each correct response, two marks will be given to the candidates & 0.5 marks will be deducted for incorrect answer.
Paper Analysis for Previous Year KVPY Exam
Revision of basic topics from NCERT books thoroughly is the major key to crack KVPY 2020. Given below is the KVPY SA Review of last year:
- SA Stream KVPY Exam was moderate, tricky and time-consuming. Mathematics and Physics section was easy while Chemistry was moderate.
- Important Topics in Physics– Physics section had around 14 questions which were found to be easy and direct. This section had most questions from Optics and Mechanics.
- Important Topics in Chemistry– Most of the questions from this section were moderate (14 questions). Dominating topics in this stream were Mole concept, Physical Chemistry (Class XI) and Organic Chemistry (Class XII)
- Important Topics in Mathematics– Mathematics section holds 25% weightage of the exam and had 13 easy questions. The most important topics in this section were Coordinate Geometry and Straight Line.
SB/SX stream KVPY exam has a similar pattern and preparation strategy. Given below is last year KVPY SB/SX Review
- SB Stream KVPY Exam was easy to moderate. Mathematics was found to be the most difficult section in the exam. Physics and Chemistry were easy while Biology was moderate.
- Important topics in Physics– Physics section had 21 easy questions out of the 40. Electrodynamics, Optics and Mechanics were the most important topics in the exam.
- Important Topics in Chemistry– Chemistry section was found to be the easiest of all the sections in the exam. There were around 18 easy questions. Most of the questions were from Inorganic Chemistry (Class XII), Organic Chemistry (Class XII) and Physical Chemistry (Class XI)
- Important Topics in Mathematics– Maths was the trickiest section in the exam as claimed by the students. It had 19 difficult questions. Dominating topics in this section were Calculus (Differential and Integral), Definite Integration and Binomial Theorem
- Important Topics in Biology– Biology section was moderate in the exam with 32 questions of moderate difficulty level. Molecular Genetics and Biomolecules were the most important topics in the exam.
KVPY 2020 Recommended Books
Given below are the best prescribed books for KVPY examination which are entirely based on the KVPY latest syllabus. These books are handy as it feature all the essential things required while preparing for the examination.
|Physics||Fundamentals of Physics by David Hally|
|Concepts of Physics by DC Pandey|
|Chemistry||Modern ABC of Chemistry by Modern Publishers|
|NCERT Physical and Organic Chemistry by OP Tandon|
|Mathematics||Mathematics for Class 11 by RD Sharma|
|NCERT Class 11 and Class 12|
|Biology||Elementary Biology by Trueman|
|NCERT Books class 11 and Class 12|
KVPY 2020 Result
A merit list is published category-wise for each stream for KVPY final result 2020
- A provisional list of candidates for each stream candidates are declared, these candidates are recommended for the KVPY fellowship programme provided they meet the KVPY 2020 eligibility criteria
- The KVPY final result is available in PDF format. It mentions roll number, application number, name and rank of candidates who have qualified KVPY 2020
- It must be noted by candidate that no request for re-evaluation of KVPY result is considered under any circumstance.
- Candidates who obtain the KVPY cutoff marks as per their category are considered qualified for the fellowship programme.
How to Check KVPY Result?
Here we have given some steps to check the KVPY 2019 Result:
- Visit the official website link i.e. kvpy.iisc.ernet.in
- A new page will be displayed on the screen.
- Fill all the required details like Application Number and Date of Birth carefully.
- Date of birth should be given in the format of DD-MM-YYYY.
- After filling the details, click on the “Continue” button.
- The result will appear on the screen.
- Check and download the result.
- Candidates don’t forget to take extra printouts of the result for further admission process.
KVPY 2020 Cut off
- KVPY 2020 cutoff is the basis for shortlisting candidates for the second level of the exam-interview
- The KVPY Cutoff is calculated on the basis of performance in the aptitude test.
- The cut off marks of KVPY is based on a number of factors, including maximum marks secured by a candidate, minimum marks secured by a candidate
- KVPY Cut off differs for each category-General, SC/ST and PWD
- KVPY cutoff for each of the streams is announced out of maximum of 100 marks.
- The final merit list will be prepared by providing 75% weightage to the aptitude test and 25% weightage to interview.
- KVPY 2016 & 2017 cut off marks for aptitude test (out of 100 marks) is given below category-wise:
KVPY Cut Off 2017
KVPY Cut Off 2016
KVPY 2020 Selection Process
Candidates will be called for the selection procedure on the basis of their performance in the KVPY Aptitude Test. The selection process will include interview round. The interview round will be held in the 3rd week of January 2020. Candidates will be informed about interview dates, time & venue through email/website. After the successful completion of the entrance exam & interview round, the scholarship will be provided to the successful candidates.
- KVPY Merit List is prepared by considering the scores obtained by the candidate in the Aptitude test and Interview.
- The evaluation is based on 75% marks of Aptitude test and 25% of performance in interview.
- The details about the Aptitude Test and Interview is given below:
- Candidates are evaluated on the reasoning and candidate’s analytical abilities.
- Candidates are required to obtain a total of 75% marks out of the total weightage.
- Candidates are required to attempt any three sections in Part I and any two sections of Part II for SB/SX stream only.
- The shortlisted candidates are allocated a venue of the interview as per the KVPY Test Center allocated to them.
- Interview is primarily conducted to gather additional information on each finalist applicant with regard to their knowledge, abilities and aptitude etc. in the field of science and research.
KVPY Scholarship/ Fellowship
- Candidates will be eligible for KVPY Fellowship/scholarship based on their performance in aptitude test and interview.
- The authority will award the scholarship to the selected candidates.
- Here, we are mentioning details about the cash which is awarded to the KVPY scholarship holders:
|BASIC SCIENCES||MONTHLY FELLOWSHIP||ANNUAL CONTINGENCY GRANT|
|SA/SX/SB- during 1st to 3rd years of- B.Sc./B.S./B.Stat./B.Math./Integrated M.Sc. /M.S.|| INR 5000|| INR 20000|
| SA/SX/SB- during M.Sc./4th to 5th years of Integrated M.Sc./M.S/M.Math./M.Stat.|| INR 7000||INR 28000|