MAT 2020: Management Aptitude Test – May Exam
AIMA has released the MAT Admit Card for the May 25 IBT Mode exam. Candidates can download the MAT IBT Admit Card 2020 from AIMA MAT website by entering their Registration number and Date of Birth. AIMA will conduct Remote Proctored Internet Based Test (MAT IBT) for MAT May exam 2020 from May 25 to June 25, 2020 apart from the paper based test on June 14 and Computer based test on June 21, 2020. MAT Exam IBT is the new type of MAT from your home exam which is introduced from May 2020 onwards due to corona virus lockdown.
MAT IBT: Registration Open for New Candidates and Already PBT/CBT Registered candidates
Fresh registrations for MAT May 2020 IBT Mode exam are open now. Besides, the candidates who have already registered and applied for PBT of CBT MAT exam can also change to MAT IBT Mode exam. The dates for AIMA MAT May 2020 IBT Mode Registrations will remain open till 6-7 days before the each MAT IBT exam date. Read below all the important details about MAT IBT Exam, PBT and CBT exams
To avoid any untoward incident due to Corona virus lockdown, AIMA has introduced MAT Remote Proctored Internet Based Test (MAT IBT) from May MAT 2020 onwards, apart from the regular paper based and computer based MAT exams. Candidates can appear in the IBT-MAT from the convenience of their home instead of going to an exam centre.
The MAT IBT is scheduled in morning and evening time slots from May 25 to June 25, 2020 and the registration dates for the MAT IBT mode exam with separate registration fee are also open now. As already announced, MAT May 2020 paper based and computer based test dates were already rescheduled to alternative dates – 14th June 2020 for Paper Based Test and 21st June 2020 for Computer Based Test.
May MAT 2020: Test Taking Options
Candidate can now take MAT May 2020 Exam in following modes:
- MAT Remote Proctored Internet Based Test – (MAT IBT) – Can be taken from Home
- Paper Based Test – (PBT) or
- Computer Based Test – (CBT) or
- Both PBT & CBT
Revised Schedule for May MAT IBTs:
AIMA has announced the complete and revised schedule for the May MAT 2020 IBT, PBT and CBT exam schedule as under:
MAT May 2020 IBT Exam: Registration, Admit Card & Testing Schedule
MAT May 2020 IBT Exam will be conducted in morning and evening time slots in one month testing window from May 25 to June 25, 2020. MAT IBT Schedule with all important dates for AIMA MAT May 2020 Internet Based Mode (IBT Mode) exam is shared below
|MAT IBT Exam||IBT Mode MAT Exam Date||MAT Exam in the IBT Mode: Testing Slots||AIMA MAT May 2020 IBT Mode Registrations: Last Date||IBT MAT Admit Card Issue Date|
|1||25 May 2020||10.00 am to 12.30 pm|
6.00 pm to 8.30 pm
|18 May 2020||21 May 2020|
|2||30 & 31 May 2020||10.00 am to 12.30 pm|
4.00 pm to 6.30 pm
|23 May 2020||26 May 2020|
|3||6 & 7 June 2020||10.00 am to 12.30 pm|
4.00 pm to 6.30 pm
|30 May 2020||2 June 2020|
|4||13 June 2020||10.00 am to 12.30 pm|
4.00 pm to 6.30 pm
|6 June 2020||9 June 2020|
|5||19 June 2020||10.00 am to 12.30 pm|
6.00 pm to 8.30 pm
|12 June 2020||15 June 2020|
|6||20 June 2020||10.00 am to 12.30 pm|
4.00 pm to 6.30 pm
|13 June 2020||16 June 2020|
|7||24 & 25 June 2020||10.00 am to 12.30 pm|
6.00 pm to 8.30 pm
|18 June 2020||21 June 2020|
MAT 2020 Paper Based Test (PBT) May: Revised Schedule
- Last Date for Registration: June 7, 2020
- Admit Card Release: June 9, 2020 at 4 PM
- MAT Exam Date 2020: June 14, 2020, Sunday
MAT 2020 Computer Based Test (CBT) May: Revised Schedule
- Last Date for Registration: June 15, 2020
- Admit Card Release: June 17, 2020 at 4 PM
- MAT Exam Date 2020: June 21 2020, Sunday
What is IBT MAT? 5 Key Features
From May 2020 MAT exam onwards, AIMA has introduced “Remotely Proctored Internet Based Test (IBT)” with a separate schedule, along with the PBT and CBT MAT exams.
- For taking the test in IBT mode, instead of going to a test centre candidates could do so from the safe confines and convenience of their homes subject to certain conditions.
- Only the candidates with a computer together with webcam and internet facilities meeting certain specifications can appear in IBT exam.
- The sanctity and security of the test is effectively maintained through remote proctoring in dual mode i.e., by employing robust Artificial Intelligence (AI) based tools as also human proctors.
- In order to help candidates to familiarize themselves with this new mode of testing, AIMA has also scheduled mock MAT-IBT sessions at a nominal extra fee
- These IBT mock tests replicate the testing environment and help candidates build familiarity with the same. This ensures that the candidates are adequately prepared for the main test.
Who can Apply for MAT May 2020 IBT Mode Exam?
All the candidates who wish to appear in MAT 2020, now have the option to choose any one or more of the three modes of test i.e., IBT, PBT and CBT
- The candidates who have already registered for PBT/CBT are also allowed to switch to the IBT mode of May MAT by visiting AIMA MAT website and can change the preferred test mode to IBT
- New candidates who wish to appear in MAT IBT can register and apply at AIMA MAT website by paying requisite application fee of Rs.1650/- online.
MAT May 2020: Registration Fee for IBT, PBT, CBT
Candidate should Register online at official AIMA MAT May 2020 website link with Credit Card/Debit Card (ATM Card), Net Banking, UPI and Paytm wallet. The Registration fees details for different modes of MAT exam are given below:
|For Paper Based Test(PBT)||Rs. 1650/-|
|For Computer Based Test (CBT)||Rs. 1650/-|
|For Both PBT & CBT||Rs. 2750/-|
|For Remote Proctored Internet Based Test (IBT)||Rs. 1650/-|
- Candidate can opt for both the tests i.e. PBT and CBT by paying an extra fees of Rs.1100/- in addition to Rs.1650/-.
- Candidates opting for both PBT and CBT will have the benefit of selecting additional 2 Management Institutes for sending their scores in addition to existing option of selecting 5 Management Institutes i.e. they can select 7 Management Institutes in total.
- Candidate cannot opt for IBT along with CBT and PBT
Earlier, AIMA had postponed MAT exam dates, Admit card release dates and extended MAT registration dates both for PBT and CBT MAT exam due to the outbreak of the Novel Coronavirus pandemic. Now another mode of MAT exam – IBT MAT has been introduced. Earlier MAT exam dates were May 16, 2020 for Paper based MAT, and May 3, 2020 for Computer based MAT exam.
Management Aptitude Test popularly known as MAT Exam is one of the most popular National level MBA entrance exams in India after CAT. More than 600 MBA/PGDM Colleges are accepting MAT exam Scores for Admission 2020. In its notification AIMA has clarified that there are 600+ Participating B-Schools who use MAT score. This includes the 330+ MBA colleges in Maharashtra who offer PGDM and MBA/MMS programmes. This comprehensive article prepared by MBAUniverse.com Exam Experts will give you complete information about MAT Registration Process, MAT Syllabus, How to Prepare, College Accepting MAT and a lot more. So, read this article carefully before applying for the exam.
MAT 2020 May Exam: Postponed to June; check Schedule for PBT & CBT Exam
MAT: Easy MBA Entrance Exam of 150 Minutes
MAT is an easier exam as compared to other MBA entrance exams like CAT, XAT, CMAT and others. MAT test paper has a time duration of 2½ hours. It has 200 objective type questions in MCQs form and the Question difficulty level is easy to moderate. The test paper is divided in 5 sections with 40 questions in each section. The sections are Language Comprehension, Mathematical skills, Data Analysis and Sufficiency, Intelligence and Critical Reasoning, Indian and Global Environment.
MAT Scoring Pattern is Unique
MAT scoring pattern is unique. MAT score card displays scaled score out of 800 Marks and not out of 160 or 200 raw scores. While each correct answer is awarded +1 Mark, each wrong answer is penalized with negative marking of -0.25 mark. Merit Score in MAT is calculated on the basis of 4 sections only and the score of Indian & Global Environment is separately shown but is not taken into account to calculate the merit or percentile in the MAT score card
MBA Colleges Accepting MAT 2020
MAT 2020 score for May exam will be valid for MBA/PGDM Admission 2020 in more than 300 MBA colleges in India. Almost all good B-schools in Delhi like JIMS, NDIM, Jaipuria; in Bangalore like IBA and AIMS; in Pune like Lexicon Mile, IIMS; in Mumbai like IES, VESIM are accepting MAT 2020 Exam scores. More details are below. Updated list of Management Institutes who accept May MAT scores for admission to their MBA program is released by AIMA for each MAT available on MBAUniverse.com. Read here full list of MAT Exam Accepting Colleges
MAT: Key Highlights
One of the most important but an easier MBA entrance exam – MAT 2020 has following key highlights:
|Question related to MAT Exam||Answer related to MAT Exam|
|MAT Conducting Body||All India Management Association (AIMA)|
|Total MAT Exams in a Year||Held in February, May (Postponed to June 2020), September, December|
|Number of MBA colleges under MAT Exam||400+|
|Mode of MAT 2020||3: IBT, PBT and CBT|
|Number of MAT exam you can apply for||2|
|MAT Application Fee||Rs.1650/- for 1 exam;Rs. 2750/- for 2 exams|
|MAT Full Form||Management Aptitude Test|
|MAT Score Validity for MBA Admission||One academic session|
|Total Questions in MAT||200|
|Sectional Division of MAT Exam 2020||5 Sections with 40 Questions in Each Section|
|MAT Difficulty Level||Easy to Moderate|
|Required MAT Percentile for MBA admission in Top Colleges||90+|
|Importance of Taking MAT 2020||Offers MBA admission opportunity in 2020Offers opportunity to improve rank & score|
|MAT Application process||Online|
MAT 2020 Important Dates of Revised Exam Schedule
May MAT 2020 exam schedule has been completely changed by AIMA. New dates for MAT registration and application submission, release of Admit card and exam dates are as given below:
|MAT 2020 Exam Dates||Dates & Schedule for Paper Based Test||Dates for Computer Based test||Dates & Schedule for IBT Mode|
|Last Date to Apply for MAT 2020||June 7, 2020||June 15, 2020||In different phases – May 18 to June 18, 2020|
|MAT 2020 Admit card Download start date||June 9, 2020 (4 PM onwards)||June 17, 2020 (4 PM Onwards)||In different phases from May 21 to June 21, 2020|
|Last Date for MAT Admit Card download||June 14, 2020||June 21, 2020||June 21, 2020|
|MAT Exam Date||June 14, 2020 (Sunday)||June 21, 2020 (Sunday)||May 25 to June 25, 2020 in two slots every day|
|MAT Result Date||June 28, 2020||June 28, 2020||June 28, 2020|
|MAT Score Card Download Starts||June 28, 2020 (After 4 PM)||June 28, 2020 (After 4 PM)||June 28, 2020 (After 4 PM)|
|Last date to download MAT 2020 Score Card||Available for one year||Available for one year||Available for one year|
MBA Exam experts and past MAT toppers suggest the candidates to opt for Paper based MAT exam as candidates can view and prioritize their choice of sections in one go as compared to computer based exam. Besides, according to them it is easier to answer the questions in paper based form than in computerised exam. However, in the current situation, it has been advised by the experts to appear in IBT MAT from their home after complying with the AIMA norms. The difficulty level of MAT 2020 will not be as high as that of CAT or XAT and is comparable to ATMA, IBSAT or CMAT exam.
MAT Score validity
The MAT exam score will be valid for admission in Academic Session 2020-22. There are 400+ B-schools who will accept MAT 2020 scores.
MAT Exam Registration & Application 2020
Registration process for May MAT 2020 exam opened on March 5, 2020. However, due to Corona virus outbreak and country wide lock down, the exam schedule has been postponed to the month of June 2020. Registration fee for one MAT is Rs.1650/- and for two MAT exams is Rs.2750/-. The registration process is online only.
MAT 2020 Registration Process
Registration process is online only and can be completed in five simple steps:
- Step-1: Create login
- Step 2: Fill the Registration Form
- Step 3: Upload Images on Registration Form
- Step 4: Make Payment of Registration Fee
- Step 5: View Registration summary
MBA Colleges Accepting MAT Score
Here are some of the best MBA colleges accepting MAT score:
- Jaipuria Institute of Management, Lucknow
- NDIM Delhi
- JIMS Delhi
- Jaipuria Institute of Management, Noida
- IPE Hyderabad
- IESMCRC, Mumbai
- IBA Bangalore
- VJIM, Hyderabad
MBA Colleges in Maharashtra to Accept MAT exam Score
The Higher and Technical Education Department, Directorate of Technical Education, Government of Maharashtra vide its notification ref. TEM.2018/C.R.27/TE-4 dated May 19, 2018, has clarified while determining the entrance exam eligibility of All India category candidates for MBA/MMS admission process in Maharashtra MBA colleges, that All India Candidature Candidate, Jammu and Kashmir Migrant Candidature Candidate will be considered for MBA/MMS admission on the basis of obtaining non zero positive score in CET conducted by the Competent Authority; CAT -conducted by Indian Institute of Management; CMAT; GMAT; MAT; ATMA and XAT. Accordingly, the MAT exam scores will be considered for MBA admission in Maharashtra MBA colleges also.
Updated list of Management Institutes who accept May MAT scores for admission to their MBA program is released by AIMA for each MAT available on MBAUniverse.com.
MAT Question Paper: Duration, Sectional composition & Scoring pattern
- MAT 2020 test paper has a time duration of 2½ hours.
- There are 200 objective type questions in MCQs form in MAT question paper of MAT exam.
- Question difficulty level is easy to moderate
- MAT test paper is divided in 5 sections with 40 questions in each section
- Each correct answer is awarded +1 Mark
- Each wrong answer is penalized with negative marking of -0.25 mark
- MAT sections are Language Comprehension, Mathematical skills, Data Analysis and Sufficiency, Intelligence and Critical Reasoning, Indian and Global Environment.
- Merit Score in MAT is calculated on the basis of 4 sections only and the score of Indian & Global Environment is separately shown but is not taken into account to calculate the merit or percentile in the MAT 2020 score card.
- MAT score card displays scaled score out of 800 Marks and not out of 160 or 200 raw scores
- On the MAT score card along with the sectional and overall scaled scores, the sectional and overall percentile is also displayed.
How to Prepare for MAT 2020?
Over the years MAT pattern and syllabus for MAT has not changed. So, the MAT preparation is also not very difficult. Reading good MAT preparation books, practicing with MAT sample papers and MAT previous year papers with solutions are a good tool for MAT preparation.
MAT exam Preparation can get you admission to MBA 2020 in good MBA colleges. It is high time that MAT preparation must be started without any further delay as per the MAT test pattern.
One of the important points which differentiates MAT preparation from other exams, is the separate section with 40 questions in MAT on ‘Data Analysis and Data Sufficiency (DADS)’ which is slightly different from Data Interpretation in other exams. The DADS Preparation for MAT and the strategy to prepare for this important MAT section is to be properly planned and followed to score high.
MAT preparation strategy needs more focus on four core sections keeping the ‘Indian & Global Environment’ section at second place.
MAT preparation requires your focus on preparing for the most important four sections with 160 questions. The sections are Language Comprehension; Data Analysis & Data Sufficiency; Intelligence & Critical Reasoning; and Mathematical skills. Accordingly, your MAT Preparation should be focused on following key points:
- When to Start MAT Preparation?
- How to prepare for MAT?
- Which are the best MAT Preparation Books?
- What is the best MAT preparation material available apart from the books?
- MAT Preparation Tips by MAT Toppers
- Whether to Prepare with MAT Coaching or Self prepare – which is better?
- If time is short, How to prepare for MAT Online?
- MAT Taking Strategy – how to crack MAT with High score?
MAT 2020 Syllabus: At par with other MBA entrance exams
MAT Syllabus contains all the topics on which questions are asked in other national level MBA entrance exams. Past MAT question papers and the MAT exam pattern reveal, that MAT syllabus does not throw tough questions in the MAT, although MAT syllabus topics are same.
The MAT syllabus is based on past MAT pattern and types of questions that appear in the MAT. The best way to get hands-on feel and practice on MAT question topics covered in MAT syllabus, is to go through the previous MAT papers and attempt MAT Mock tests.
Which MAT to Choose? Paper Based or Computer Based
Making a choice between MAT IBT, Paper Based and Computer Based test depends upon various factors – your preference, Computer based or Paper based test solving skills among others.
If you have good understanding – how to take and appear in computer based tests, navigation tools, scrolling of questions, choosing the answers and marking them and find that test taking is easier in computer based test, you could go for computer based MAT or IBT MAT.
If you are not well conversant with computers, internet technology, have confusion in navigation tools, it is better to go for paper based MAT exam.
Exam dates and schedule
|Registration – Online:||05-03-2020 06:00 PM to 07-06-2020 05:00 PM (Confirm)|
|Admit Card Release:||25-05-2020 04:00 PM (Confirm)|
|Exam Date & Timings- Online:||Sunday, June 21, 2020 – 10:00 (Confirm)|
|Exam Date & Timings– Offline:||14-06-2020 10:00 AM (Confirm)|
|Result:||28-06-2020 05:00 PM (Tentative)|