MHT CET (DTE MAHARASHTRA) 2020 -(STATE LEVEL ONLINE TEST)
MHT CET 2020 Exam Dates, Application Form, Eligibility, Admit Card, Syllabus and Pattern
- MHT CET is conducted as a state-level entrance test every year to offer admission into B.E/B.Tech, B.Pharmacy and Agriculture courses in various government and private institutions situated in the state of Maharashtra.
- As per the changes made by DTE Maharashtra, MHT CET will be conducted in online CBT mode.
- The difficulty level in MHT CET question papers will be similar to JEE Main for Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics and Biology paper difficulty level will be as per the NEET exam.
- MHT CET 2020 Application Form will be released in the month of February 2020. Since less than a year is left candidates must start preparing for the exam. Read the article to know the tentative exam dates, preparation tips, important books, syllabus and pattern.
MHT CET 2020 Exam Highlights
|Exam Name||Maharashtra Health and Technical Common Entrance Test (MHT CET)|
|Conducting Body||Directorate of Technical Education, Maharashtra State|
|Exam Type||State Level|
|Mode of Application||Online|
|Total Number of Questions|| 100 questions – Paper I and Paper II|
50 questions – Paper III
|Marking Scheme||1 mark for every correct answer No negative marking|
Changes Introduced in MHT CET 2020
Earlier MHT CET used to be based entirely on Class 12 syllabus of HSC Board of Maharashtra. Now, students will have to study Class 11 syllabus as well.
- In MHT CET Syllabus 2020, 20% weightage is given to class 11th standard syllabus and 80% weightage is given to class 12th standard syllabus.
- The level of difficulty of MHT CET 2020 will be raised and be almost equal to JEE Main in terms of Mathematics, Physics, Chemistry and NEET for Biology.
- The approximate number of questions based on the 11th standard will be 10 and 40 from class 12. The questions will be application-based.
- In MHT CET 2020, questions will not be asked from the chapter on complex numbers of Class 11.
MHT CET 2020 Exam Dates
The online application process for MHT CET 2020 is expected to start from the second week of February 2020. MHT CET 2020 examination will be conducted in the second week of May 2020 (tentative). Tentative important dates of MHT CET 2020 is given below:
|Starting of MHT CET Online Registration||Second week of February 2020|
|Last date to submit MHT CET 2020 Application Form||Fourth week of March 2020|
|Release of MHT CET 2020 Admit card||Fourth week of April 2020|
|MH CET 2020 Exam Date||Second week of May 2020|
|Declaration of MHT CET 2020 Results||First week of June 2020|
|Starting of MHT CET 2020 Counselling||Second week of June 2020|
Official MHT CET 2020 Schedule, Shifts and Timings have been mentioned below:
|Date(Tentative)||Morning Shift||Evening Shift|
|May 2, 2020||PCM (9:00 AM – 12:00 PM)||PCM (2:00 PM – 5:00 PM)|
|May 3, 2020||PCM (9:00 AM – 12:00 PM)||PCM (2:00 PM – 5:00 PM)|
|May 6, 2020||No Exam||PCMB (12:00 PM – 4:45 PM)|
|May 7, 2020||PCB (9:00 AM – 12:00 PM)||PCMB (2:00 PM – 6:45 PM)|
|May 8, 2020||PCB (9:00 AM – 12:00 PM)||PCMB (2:00 PM – 6:45 PM)|
|May 9, 2020||PCB (9:00 AM –12:00 PM)||PCMB (2:00 PM – 6:45 PM)|
|May 10, 2020||PCB (9:00 AM – 12:00 PM)||PCMB (2:00 PM – 6:45 PM)|
|May 11, 2020||PCB (9:00 AM – 12:00 PM)||PCMB (2:00 PM – 6:45 PM)|
|May 12, 2020||PCB (9:00 AM – 12:00 PM)||PCMB (2:00 PM – 6:45 PM)|
|May 13, 2020||PCB (9:00 AM – 12:00 PM)||PCMB (2:00 PM – 6:45 PM)|
MHT CET 2020 Eligibility
Before applying for MHT CET 2020, candidates must check the eligibility criteria set by the Directorate of Technical Education, Maharashtra. Only those candidates who will satisfy the eligibility criteria will be allowed to appear in MHT CET 2020. Below is the eligibility of MHT CET 2020:
- The candidate should be a citizen of India.
- There is no age limit to appear in MHT CET 2020.
- Candidate must have passed HSC/class XII exam or its equivalent examination with Physics and Mathematics as compulsory subjects with any one of the subjects – Chemistry/Biotechnology/Biology/Technical/Vocational subjects.
- Candidates appearing in the qualifying examination (HSC/XII) in 2020 are considered eligible.
- Candidates must have secured a minimum of 50% marks (for General Category) and at least 45% marks (for reserved category and Persons with Disability candidates) in aggregate of 5 subjects.
- Female candidates are not eligible for mining engineering course.
The basic eligibility for MHT CET is that candidates must have passed class 12th from a recognized board or equivalent. The separate eligibility conditions for all the courses have been given below:
For Engineering Courses
- Nationality of candidates should be an Indian.
- Candidates must have passed class 12th exam or HSC examination with subjects namely, Physics, Chemistry, English and Mathematics/ Biotechnology/ Biology/Technical Vocational subject.
- Minimum 50% aggregate marks (45% aggregate marks for reserved category candidates) must be obtained.
- Passed Diploma in Engineering and Technology and obtained at least 50% marks (45% in case of reserved category)
- Obtained qualifying marks in JEE Main Paper 1 (All India Candidature Candidates, Jammu and Kashmir Migrant Candidature Candidates)
For Pharmacy courses
Candidate should be an Indian National.
Applicant must have completed class 12th with English, Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics/ Biology /Biotechnology/ Technical Vocational subject. For candidates of general category, the minimum percentage criterion is 45% and for reserved category, it is 40%.
There is no age limit applicable to this course.
MHT CET 2020 Application Form
MHT CET 2020 Application Form can be filled by visiting the online application portal. MHT CET 2020 Application Form will be available from the second week of February 2020 tentatively. The application process includes these steps:
Step 1: Registration
- Visit the official website of MHT CET and look for ‘registration link’.
- Click on ‘new user’ and enter details like email ID, phone number, password, etc.
- You will get a unique user id and password on the registered email id or contact number.
Step 2: Form Filling
Fill the MH CET 2020 Application Form and provide your personal and academic details carefully before submitting them. Also, reservation information needs to be filled along with other details.
Step 3: Uploading documents
Upload your passport size photograph clicked on a white background and a scanned copy of your signature. The photograph size should be in .jpg format ranging from 15kb-50 kb. The signature should be done with black ink and should be scanned at 200 dpi. The size of the signature should range from 5kb-20kb.
Step 4: Payment of Application Fee
The application fee can be via online as well as offline mode. The application fee for MHT CET 2020 is INR 800 for General category, while candidates of reserved categories should pay INR 600. If a candidate opts for the online method of payment, he/she will have to use net banking facility or payment through credit card/debit card. The offline payment can be done through e-challan which will be generated automatically.
MHT CET 2020 Admit Card
The admit card will be released on April 24, 2020, tentatively. Candidates must go through all the details written on the admit card and then download it by following the steps given below:
- Visit the official website of MHT CET and click on ‘admit card’ link.
- Enter the user id and password.
- Click on ‘submit’, your admit card will be displayed on the screen
- Take out multiple copies of MHT CET 2020 Admit Card.
MHT CET 2020 Admit Card will contain the exam center and address allocated to every candidate. It will also contain the date and time of the examination. Candidates will have to check the details mentioned in the admit card and report in case of any discrepancies.
MHT CET Exam Centers
MHT CET exam will be conducted at 36 exam centers in Maharashtra. Candidates had to choose their preferred exam centers while registering for the exam. List of available test centers for MHT CET 2020 is mentioned below:
MHT CET 2020 Exam Pattern
MHT CET 2020 will be organized as an online Computer Based Test (CBT). It holds 3 Papers – Paper 1(Mathematics), Paper 2(Physics & Chemistry) and Paper 3 (Biology – Zoology & Botany).
- The question paper will cover the syllabus of Maharashtra State Board of Secondary and Higher Secondary Education.
- Approximately 20% weightage will be given to class 11th curriculum and 80% weightage will be given to class 12th curriculum while setting the question paper.
|Mode of Examination||Online Mode (Computer Based Test)|
|Number of Papers||Paper 1: Mathematics Paper 2: Physics/Chemistry Paper 3: Zoology and Botany|
|Time Duration of Exam||90 minutes for each paper|
|Question Paper Type||Multiple Choice Questions|
|No. of Questions||Paper 1: 50 questions Paper 2 and 3: 100 questions each|
|Marks per question||Paper 1: +2 marks for each correct answer. Paper 2 and 3: +1 mark for each correct answer.|
|Medium of Examination||Paper 1: English Paper 2 and 3: English, Marathi, Urdu|
MHT CET 2020 exam consists of 3 sections- Paper I will comprise of Physics and Chemistry, Paper II will be based on Botany and Zoology while Paper III will include questions related to Mathematics. Candidates appearing for an engineering course can attempt 150 questions, for health sciences, 200 questions can be attempted. Those appearing for Pharmacy courses can attempt 150, 200 or 250 questions.
|Paper||Subject||Number of questions||Marks||Total marks|
MHT CET Sample Papers
MHT CET Sample papers include previous years’ question papers and model question papers based on a similar pattern of MHT CET examination. They are a helpful tool for measuring performance, weak and strong areas.
These practice papers are bound to help the candidates in familiarizing them with MHT CET Exam Pattern and Syllabus. Italso benefits them in gaining speed & precision required to score well in MHT CET. The Sample Papers aid candidates identify the important topics and the weightage of marks.
MHT CET 2020 Syllabus
Candidates appearing for MHT CET 2020 exam must prepare for it thoroughly from class 11th and 12th board syllabus of HSC Board of Maharashtra. The subjects covered in MHT CET 2020 exam are- Physics, Chemistry, Biology and Mathematics as stated by DTE (Directorate of Technical Education) Maharashtra. Understand the complete MHT CET Syllabus & clear each and every single concept from text books.
Syllabus of Class 11 is mentioned below:
|Physics||Measurement, Scalars and Vectors, Force, Friction in Solids and Liquids, Refraction of Light, Ray Optics, Magnetic Effect of Electric|
|Chemistry||Some Basic Concepts of Chemistry, States of Matter: Gases and Liquids, Redox Reaction, Surface Chemistry. Nature Of Chemical Bond, Hydrogen, S-Block Elements (Alkali And Alkaline Earth Metals), Basic Principles and Techniques in Organic Chemistry, Alkanes.|
|Mathematics||Trigonometric Functions, Trigonometric Functions of Compound Angles, Factorization Formulae, Straight Line, Circle and Conics, Sets, Relations and Functions, Probability, Sequences and Series|
|Biology (Section 1- Botany)||Diversity in organisms, Biochemistry of cell, Plant Water Relations and Mineral Nutrition, Plant Growth and Development.|
|Biology (Section 1- Zoology)||Organization of Cell, Animal Tissues, Human Nutrition, Human Respiration.|
MHT CET Rank Predictor
MHT CET Rank Predictor by Collegedunia.com has been designed for students to predict colleges they can get into based on their marks. MHT CET Rank Predictor will provide the tentative ranks to the candidates on producing their roll number, category, branch preference, etc. Candidates need not wait for their results for a long time as they can estimate it by using this highly accurate MHT CET Rank Predictor.
MHT CET 2020 Results
To access MHT CET 2020 Result, candidates will have to visit the official website of DTE Maharashtra. The result will be announced in June, 2020 in the form of scorecard. The results obtained in the MHT CET 2020 will be valid for one year only. The provisional answer keys were made available for candidates from May 17, 2020.
Candidates can access the results by following the steps given below:
- Go to the official website of MHT CET and search ‘result’ link.
- Enter your MHT CET roll number.
- Click on submit and the result will be displayed on your screen.
- Take the printed copy of MHT CET 2020 Results at the time of counselling along with other required documents.
MHT CET Cut off 2020
In order to be eligible for admission to B.Tech programs offered by the institutes, candidates must score requisite cut off. The cut off is released after every round of seat allotment by DTE Maharashtra. For determining MHT CET Cutoff, certain parameters are considered such as total number of seats available, number of candidates appeared in CET and the level of difficulty of exam.
Candidates are advised to check previous year Cut off to estimate their ranks. They can check below last year closing ranks for different participating institutes-
MHT CET 2020 Counselling
- The allotment of seats will be according to the merit and preference of seats.
- Verification of documents and uploading and confirmation of application form will be done from June 25, 2020, to July 01, 2020 (Tentative).
- Registration of MHT CET Counselling includes the following 6 steps:
- Type of candidature
- Qualification and examination details
- Uploading of scanned images
- Payment of fees
- Print of counselling application form
- Candidates who have obtained score valid for admission in the academic year 2019-20 in JEE (Main) 2020 Paper 1 and have not registered for MHT CET 2020 are required to pay fees.
- Those who have already registered for MHT CET 2020 are not required to pay any fees for registration for admission.
- The first two rounds will be through CAP.
- The 3rd offline round will be only for Maharashtra state candidates. In the third level counselling, the reserved seats will be treated as General seats.
- Candidates can check their Counselling Dates at the regional centres for different categories.
- Candidates will be required to fill preference form for counselling rounds to indicate the choice of colleges and courses in decreasing order of preference.
MHT CET Contact Details
Directorate Of Technical Education, Maharashtra State, Mumbai
3, Mahapalika Marg, Post Box No.1967,
Opp. Metro Cinema, Mumbai – 400 001
Tel: (022) 2264 1150, 2264 1151, 2262 0601, 2269 0602
Fax: (022) 2269 2102, 2269 0007
Helpline: +91-22-30233420/30233464 (between 10 am – 6 pm)