NATA 2020-(NATIONAL LEVEL ONLINE TEST)
NATIONAL APTITUDE TEST IN ARCHITECTURE
NATA 2020: Application Form, Exam Date, Eligibility, Syllabus, Books
Council of Architecture conducts NATA exam for the candidates seeking admission in B.Arch and B.Planning program. The exam is held twice a year in the month of April and July. The official notification for NATA 2020 is expected to release in the second week of January 2020.
- NATA Registration will commence tentatively from January 23, 2020.
- Last year, a total of 35651 candidates had applied for NATA second test out of which only 18126 candidates appeared in the exam while 14589 candidates have qualified.
- The exam is of 3 hours 15 minutes long-duration test which is conducted in online mode. Check Exam Pattern
- NATA Syllabus comprises of 60 questions from Mathematics and General Aptitude Test together and 2 questions from Drawing Test.
- To qualify in NATA, candidates are required to meet three conditions– score minimum 25% marks in MCQ and Drawing portions, and score equal to or more than overall qualifying marks (out of 200). Check Admission Criteria
NATA 2020 Highlights
|Exam Name||National Aptitude Test in Architecture|
|National Aptitude Test in Architecture||Council of Architecture (CoA)|
|Exam Type||National Level|
|Exam Date||April and July 2020|
|Mode of Application||Online|
|Exam Mode|| Offline for Drawing,|
Online for Mathematics and Aptitude Test
|Score Validity||One Year only|
|NATA Helpdeskfirstname.lastname@example.org | 01179412100|
NATA 2020 Exam Dates
COA will release the official notification of NATA 2020 in the second week of January 2020. Tabulated below are the tentative dates of other important events related to the exam.
|Event||Date (Stage I)||Date (Stage II)|
|Availability of NATA Application Form||January 23 – March 10, 2020||January 23 – June 10, 2020|
|Form Correction Window||March 10 – 13, 2020||June 12 to 15, 2020|
|Availability of NATA Admit Card||April 01, 2020||June 26, 2020|
|Date and Time of Examination||April 13, 2020 (10 AM to 01:15 PM)||July 06, 2020 (10 AM to 01:15 PM)|
|Declaration of NATA Result||May 2020||July 2020|
NATA 2020 Eligibility Criteria
Before applying for the examination, there are certain parameters that a candidate must fulfill. They are as follows:
- 10+2 graduates or appearing with Mathematics as a mandatory subject.
- 10+3 Diploma holders (any stream)/ appearing recognized by Central/ State Government with Mathematics as one of the subjects.
- International Baccalaureate Diploma passed/appearing, after 10 years of schooling with Mathematics as a compulsory subject of examination.
- There is no minimum age limit for appearing in NATA 2020 if the candidate satisfies NATA Eligibility Criteria
There are no lateral admission criteria for admission in any stage/year of B.Arch course.
NATA 2020 Application Form
Application Form for NATA 2020 will be available online. Candidates will be able to register themselves at NATA Official Website before the registration window closes. Follow the steps mentioned below to register:
Step 1: Visit NATA Official Website
Step 2: Click ‘Register Now’ and fill in the mandatory details.
Step 3: Enter User ID and Password to log in again.
Step 4: Fill Online Application Form ( Personal Details; Communicating Address; Choice of Examination Center; Academic Details)
Step 5: Scan and Upload required documents (Photo, Signature and Community Certificate).
Step 6: Payment of NATA Application Fee and Submit.
Candidates can make payment through online mode using debit card/credit card and net banking. There is no need to send the NATA application form through offline mode or by post.
NATA 2020 Admit Card
COA will issue NATA hall ticket for all the successfully registered candidates. In order to access the admit card, candidates need to enter the registration number and password. The following details will be mentioned on the admit card.
- Candidate’s Name
- Candidate’s Photo and Signature
- Roll Number
- Exam Date and Time
- Exam Venue and Reporting Time
- Exam Day instructions
Important Points related to Admit Card
- One Photo ID Proof (Voter ID, Pan Card/ Aadhar Card/ Driving Licence/ e-Aadhar or any other ID) must be carried along with the hall ticket at the exam center.
- Ensure that the photo and signature printed on hall tickets are not mutilated/ distorted etc.
- Preserve the admit card till the completion of the admission procedure.
- Failing to produce the document at the time of NATA 2020, the candidature will stand cancelled.
- In case of any discrepancy, call on 011 79412100 or email at email@example.com
NATA Exam Center 2020
For this year, it is expected that there will be 190 exam centers for NATA 2020. Candidates who choose Dubai as their exam center must choose two more centers.
- The Council reserves the right to add or delete some test zones notified.
- The Council reserves the right to allot any test zones other than that opted by the candidates.
NATA 2020 Exam Pattern
The Council of Architecture or COA defines the exam pattern for NATA exam. Highlights of the exam are as follows:
- NATA 2020 will be conducted in two parts namely Part A and Part B.
- Part A comprises 60 questions that are objective in nature.
- Part B has two questions to be answered on A4 size drawing sheets.
Sectional Distributions is outlined below:
|Part Name||Section Name||No. of Questions X Marks|
|Part A||Mathematics||20 X 2|
|General Aptitude||40 X 2|
|Part B||Drawing||2 X 40|
|Total||62 Questions = 200 marks|
NATA 2020 Syllabus
NATA Syllabus has not seen any changes over the years. CoA will release NATA syllabus on the official website. Important topics are elaborated below:
NATA Syllabus for Mathematics
|Coordinate Geometry||3-Dimensional Co-ordinate geometry|
|Theory of Calculus||Application of Calculus|
|Permutation and combination||Statistics and Probability|
NATA Syllabus for General Aptitude
- Objects or texture related to architecture and the built environment.
- Interpretation of pictorial compositions, Visualizing three-dimensional objects from a two-dimensional drawing.
- Visualizing different sides of 3D objects.
- Analytical reasoning, mental ability (visual, numerical and verbal), General awareness of national/ international architects and famous architectural creations.
NATA Syllabus for Drawing Test
- Understanding scale and proportion of objects, geometric composition, shape, building forms and elements, aesthetics, color texture, harmony and contrast, conceptualization and visualization through structuring objects in memory,
- Drawing of patterns – both geometrical and abstract, form transformations in 2D and 3D like union, subtraction, rotation, surfaces, and volumes.
- Creating 2D and 3D compositions using given shape and forms, generating a plan, elevation, and 3D views of objects. Perspective drawing, Sketching of urbanscape and landscape common day-to-day life objects like furniture, equipment etc.
How is NATA Drawing Test Scored?
The drawing aptitude is judged on the following aspects:
- Ability to sketch a given object proportionately and rendering the same in a visually appealing manner;
- Visualizing and drawing the effects of light on the object and shadows cast on surroundings;
- A sense of perspective drawing;
- Combining and composing given three-dimensional elements to form a building or structural form;
- Creating an interesting two-dimensional composition using given shapes and forms;
- Creating visual harmony using colors in a given composition;
- Understanding of scale and proportions;
- Drawing from memory through pencil sketch on themes from day to day experiences.
NATA 2020 Result
NATA Result will be declared at the official website i.e. nata.in. Candidates need to enter the login credentials created at the time of registration to access the results. The results will be available as follows:
- Marks obtained in each part i.e. Part A and Part B
- Marks obtained out of 200
- Qualifying status i.e. Pass or Fail
Qualifying Marks for NATA 2020:
- A minimum of 25% must be secured in MCQ portion (30 out of 120)
- A minimum of 25% must be secured in Drawing portion (20 out of 80)
- Overall qualifying marks (out of 200) would be based on post-exam statistics and at the discretion of the Council
How to Check NATA Result 2020?
- Visit the official website of NATA.
- Click on “Download scorecard for NATA 2020”
- Login with the credentials: Application Number and Password
- Enter the captcha provided
- Click on Login
- Download the NATA 2020 scorecard.
NATA 2020 Counselling Process
- There is no national-level centralized NATA counselling.
- Universities/colleges and institutes that offer B.Arch/B. Planning programs will be conducting NATA 2020 counselling separately.
- The admission authorities will conduct NATA 2020 counselling after the declaration of result by COA.
- Candidates who wish to participate in NATA counselling 2020 must check and meet the eligibility criteria of the university/college to which they are applying for.
- There are more than 400 institutes that accept the NATA score and these colleges/institutes in different states will hold the counselling for NATA 2020.
Eligibility Criteria for NATA 2020 Counselling
- In addition to qualifying in NATA 2020, it is essential for candidates to meet the eligibility criteria of the institute they are seeking admissions in.
- The eligibility criteria will be different from state to state and university to university.
- It is important for the candidates to read and understand the requisite eligibility criteria before applying.
Documents Required for NATA Counselling 2020
During NATA 2020 Counselling, candidates will have to carry their original documents along with the two set of photocopies. The documents are listed below:
- NATA 2020 Admit Card
- NATA 2020 Score Card
- Class 10 and 12 marks sheet and pass certificate
- Category Certificate (if applicable)
- Medical Certificate for PwD Certificate