NATIONAL DEFENCE ACADEMY EXAM
NDA II 2019 Admit Card (Released), Dates, Pattern, Syllabus and Result
NDA or National Defence Academy Exam is a national level exam organized by UPSC (Union Public Service Commission) to recruit candidates in Army, Navy and Air Force. It is a two-tier examination, wherein, candidates qualifying the written test will also have to clear the SSB interview round.
- UPSC has activated the link for withdrawal of NDA II Application Process since September 10, 2019.
- The eligibility is different for every post, applicants must fulfil the complete NDA Eligibility to apply for the exam.
- Syllabus of NDA exam is based on CBSE 10+2 standards.
- The exam consists of 2 sections- Mathematics and General Ability Test. Check NDA Exam Pattern
- Total duration of exam is 5 hours combinedly for both sections.
- The exam will be conducted in offline mode (pen and paper-based).
- UPSC is release final cutoff marks after the declaration of result.
- Candidates successfully qualifying the written test would be shortlisted for NDA Selection Process
- Candidates qualify the written test are called for NDA SSB Interview. Final selection is done on the basis of overall performance of the candidate.
NDA 2019 Highlights
|Exam Name||National Defence Academy|
|Conducting Body||Union Public Service Commission|
|Exam Type||National Level|
|Eligibility Criteria||Unmarried Male candidates can apply|
|Mode of Application||Online|
|Exam Mode||Exam Mode|
|Duration||2 hours 30 minutes|
NDA 2019 Exam Dates
NDA Exam Dates for 2019 session have been released now. Here we are providing the official dates of NDA 2019:
|NDA 2019 events||NDA 1 (Over)||NDA 2|
|Notification Issue Date||January 09, 2019||August 07, 2019|
|Last Date to Submit the Application Form||February 04, 2019||September 03, 2019|
|Admit Card Issue Date||March 2019||October 25, 2019|
|Exam Date||April 21, 2019||November 17, 2019|
|Result Declaration Date||June 18, 2019||October 2019|
NDA 2019 Eligibility criteria
There are various parameters on the basis of which the candidates’ eligibility is checked so that they can appear for the exam and eligible for the further procedure.
As per the nationality standards set by UPSC for NDA 2019, Candidates must have:
- Indian Citizenship or should be
- Subject of Bhutan
- Subject of Nepal
- Tibetan refugee who came to India prior to January 1, 1962 with the intention of permanently settling in India.
- A PIO (Person of Indian Origin) who has come back from Burma, Pakistan, Sri Lanka and East African Countries of Uganda, Kenya, the United Republic of Tanzania, Zambia, Malawi, Zaire and Ethiopia or Vietnam with the intention to get settled down permanently in India.
- Only unmarried male candidates, who are not born earlier than July 2, 2000 and not later than July 1, 2003 are eligible to appear for NDA 2019 conducted by UPSC.
- Candidates should enter their Date of birth as recorded in the Matriculation or Secondary School Leaving Certificate or in a certificate recognized by an Indian University.
1. For Army wing
Candidates must have passed class 12 or cleared equivalent examination of the State board to be eligible for NDA 2019.
2. For Air Force or Naval wings and for 10+2 Cadet entry scheme at the Indian Naval Academy
Candidates must have passed 12th class with Physics and Mathematics as subjects or cleared equivalent examination of the State board to be eligible for NDA 2019.
Candidates who are appearing in 12th class or equivalent examination of the State board are also also eligible for NDA 2019.
NDA Application Form 2019
NDA II application form has been released on August 07, 2019. The forms were filled in online mode only. There are some points that the candidates need to keep in mind while registering for NDA 2019:
- Fill in the information carefully as no changes will be allowed to be made thereafter.
- All the necessary scanned copies of the documents should be in access while registering for the test.
- Note down the registration number once you have registered successfully.
- You must not send any printed form to the UPSC.
The fee for NDA II Application Form 2019 is INR 100/- (except for SC/ST candidates/Sons of JCOs/NCOs/ORs). Candidates of reserved categories are exempted from paying any fee for the registration. Payment of fee can be done offline by paying cash in any State bank branch and offline as well by Credit or Debit card or through Net banking.
NDA Admit Card 2019
UPSC has released a notification with important instructions for NDA II which is scheduled for November 17, 2020.
The authority will release NDA II 2020 Admit Card via online mode on the official UPSC website.
- Visit upsc.gov.in to download NDA Hall Ticket 2020.
- To download the admit card, candidates have to fill up details like RID, Date of Birth or Roll Number & other details.
- The admit card bear exam related details like students name, roll number, exam centre, exam date & timing, etc.
- Without admit card, candidates will not be permitted to appear in the examination.
How to Download NDA 2020 Admit Card
To download follow the steps given below:
- Go to the official website of UPSC.
- A link for NDA II 2020 Admit Card Download will be provided, click on it.
- You must enter registration number/ roll number along with password and captcha code.
- Click on submit, the admit card will appear on the screen.
- Check all the details carefully and download multiple copies of it.
NDA 2020 Exam Centers
In the official notification for NDA II 2019, UPSC had listed 41 exam centers where the exam is scheduled to be held. While filling NDA Application Form, candidates have to mention their preferences from the drop-down menu. Candidates have to make 3 choices out of the given 41 centre options.
NDA 2020 Exam Pattern
NDA II 2019 will be held in offline mode on November 17, 2019. The test has two sections- Mathematics (300 marks) and General Knowledge (600). The time duration for each paper is 2 hours and 30 minutes. The following table has further information regarding duration, number of sections, and number of questions.
Exam Pattern Highlights
|NDA 2019||Mathematics||General ability test|
|Exam Duration||2 hours and 30 minutes||2 hours and 30 minutes|
|No. of sections||1||2 (English and General Knowledge)|
|Total no. of questions||120||150|
|Total marks||300||600 (English (200) + GK (400))|
|Marking scheme||2.5 for correct and -0.83 for incorrect||4 for correct and -1.33 for incorrect|
|Medium||English and Hindi||English for English section. English and Hindi for GK section|
|Type of questions||Multiple Choice Questions (MCQs)|
The candidates can go through the above bifurcation for the clarity regarding Exam pattern of NDA 2020.
The general knowledge section of the NDA 2020 consists of the following topics:
- Physics (100 marks)
- Chemistry (60 marks)
- General Science (40 marks)
- History and Freedom Movement (80 marks)
- Geography (80 marks)
- Current Events (40 marks)
NDA 2020 Syllabus
The syllabus for NDA 2019 written test will comprise two sections- Mathematical Ability and General Ability. The questions in NDA II 2019 will be asked from topics and concepts of 10+2 level. Following are the topics from Mathematical Ability and General Ability sections covered as a part of NDA 2020 Syllabus.
NDA Syllabus for Mathematical Ability
|NDA Syllabus for Mathematics|
|Algebra||Matrices and Determinants|
|Trigonometry||Analytical Geometry of Two and Three Dimensions|
|Differential Calculus||Integral Calculus and Differential Equations|
|Vector Algebra||Statistics and Probability|
NDA Syllabus for General Ability
Topics from the English and General Knowledge will be covered in General Ability section of NDA 2019. General Knowledge will comprise of the following:
|NDA Syllabus for General Ability|
Preparation Books for NDA 2020
It is always suggested to go for the best books for NDA 2020 Preparation. Given below are some of the best books which can be referred to prepare for Mathematical Ability and General Ability Sections of NDA 2020.
Books to Prepare for Mathematical Ability
|Book Name||Author/ Publisher|
|Mathematics for NDA and NA: National Defence Academy and Naval Academy||R S Aggarwal|
|Quantitative aptitude for competitive examinations||R S Aggarwal|
|Study Package MATHEMATICS NDA & NA Entrance Exam||Arihant|
|NDA Mathematics (Hindi)||RPH Editorial Board|
Books to Prepare for General Ability
|Book Name||Author/ Publisher|
|History Of Modern India (History)||Bipan Chandra|
|Science and Technology in India (Science and Technology)||Kalpana Rajaram : Spectrum|
|Oxford School Atlas (Geography)||Oxford|
|Social Problems In India (Indian Society – GS1)||Ram Ahuja|
|Objective General English for Competitive Exams||S.P. Bakshi|
|Manorama Yearbook 2017||Mammen Mathew|
Some Useful Tips for NDA 2020 Preparation
Here are some useful NDA Preparation Tips to score better in the exam:
- Be thorough with the NDA Syllabus and exam pattern.
- Do not forget to refer to class 11 and Class 12 NCERT books.
- Practice the basic formulae/ concepts from Mathematics, Physics and Chemistry.
- Plan a preparation schedule and practice as many NDA Practice Papers as possible.
- In English section, focus on reading comprehension, basic grammar and vocabulary and revise the basic grammar rules from a reliable source.
- Be well aware of current affairs and events that are making news.
- Make sure the political and historical scenario of India is on your tips.
Take help from coaching centers if required, but make sure they hold a good record.
NDA 2020 Answer Key
NDA 2020 Answer key will be out after the commencement of the exam. The official answer key will be released soon after the exam is conducted. However, various leading NDA Coaching institutes will release the answer keys with correct answers to every question.
The steps to download NDA 2020 Answer Key are as follows:
- Visit the official website of UPSC
- Navigate to ‘NDA II 2020 Answer Key’ link
- Download the answer key as per your question paper set (A, B, C or D).
- Click on it and download the answer key for future reference.
NDA 2019 Result
The result of NDA II 2019 written examination will be released after one month from the exam. NDA 2020 Result will be declared via online mode through the website. The result of shortlisted candidates for SSB Interview will be displayed in PDF format.
Shortlisted candidates are needed to appear for the SSB Interview round organized by the Services Selection Board (SSB) of the Ministry of Defence. After clearing the SSB interview & other rounds, the final result will be declared.
Following are the steps to check NDA 2020 Result:
- Go to the official website of UPSC- upsc.gov.in
- Navigate to “What’s New” section.
- Click on the link stating NDA II 2020 Written Exam Result or NDA II 2019 Final Result
- A pdf will be displayed on the computer screen containing the list of qualified roll numbers.
- Download the pdf file for future reference.
NDA 2019 Expected Cut Off
NDA 2020 Expected Cutoff will remain between 340-360 in written test, whereas overall cut off will be in the range of 700- 720. In order to understand the previous year cut off trends of NDA Cut Off, check the table below:
|Year||NDA(I) (Max Marks:900)||NDA(II) (Max Marks:900)|
|2015||306 (With at least 30% marks in each Subject) Marks secured by the last finally recommended candidate (out of 1800 marks) 674||269 (With at least 25% marks in each subject) Marks secured by the last recommended candidate (Out of 1800 marks) 637|
|2016||288 (With at least 25 % marks in each Subject) Marks secured by the last finally recommended candidate (Out of 1800 marks) 656||315|
|2017||342(With at least 25 % marks in each Subject) Marks secured by the last finally recommended candidate (Out of 1800 marks) 708||–|
NDA SSB Interview
The selection process in the National Defense Academy is a two-stage process. Stage-1 is the written examination i.e. NDA 2020 test and the stage-2 is the SSB interview stage
- The complete recruitment process in the NDA IIs judged on the basis of marks scored out 900 collectively in both the stages of recruitment.
- After the declaration of NDA 2020 Results, qualified candidates will have to register themselves at joinindianarmy.nic.in within two weeks.
- Allotment of selection centers and dates will then be notified on the registered email ID.
- SSB Interview comprise two stages- Stage 1 (OIR &PPDT) and Stage 2- (Interview, Group Tasks, Psychology Test and Conference).
- After stage-2 is completed, a final merit list is generated by the UPSC which gives the final recruited candidates.
NDA 2019 Document Verification
After personal interview round the eligible candidates will have to appear for the verification round. The qualified candidates must bring the required original documents along with 1 set of Photostat of the required documents at Services Selection Center (SSC).
Below is the set of required original documents to be carried for the NDA 2020 Document Verification:
- Qualification Certificate
- Proof of Identity (Pan card, Voter ID, Aadhar Card, etc.)
- Birth Certificate
- Passport Size Photographs
- Category certificate for the Reserved category candidates
- Proof of Residence
Medical examination is the final round in the Selection process. The candidates will be referred to the Board of Service Medical officers by the SSB for medical examination. Candidates shall be deemed eligible for recruitment if and only if they are found to be medically fit by the medical officers.