NATIONAL LEVEL OFFLINE TEST
NEET 2020 Application Form (Available Soon), Exam Date, Eligibility, Pattern, Syllabus & Preparation
As per the official notification released by NTA, NEET 2020 is scheduled for May 3, 2020. NEET 2020 Registration process will commence from December 2, 2019. The last day to submit NEET 2020 Application Form is December 31, 2019. As per media reports, National Testing Agency will ask the students applying for the exam to upload ‘live photos’ which means they will have to pose in front of the webcam to take a picture that will get uploaded in NEET 2020 Registration Form.
- There are no changes in NEET 2020 Exam Pattern. It will be conducted in pen-paper mode.
- NEET Eligibility allows any candidate who has completed or appearing in class 12th with 5 subjects (english, chemistry and physics are compulsary) and a minimum score of 50% (for general category) to apply.
- Admissions to medical courses such as AYUSH will also be done on the basis of NEET 2020 score.
- EWS Quota will be applicable in medical admissions through NEET 2020. Check NEET Reservation Criteria
- Result for NEET 2020 will be out by June 4, 2020.
NEET is a national level exam held for MBBS/BDS admissions after class 12. In 2019, around 15 lakh candidates applied for the medical exam which is expected to rise this year. NEET is conducted once a year and is the most important medical entrance examination in the country.
NEET 2020 Exam Dates (Announced)
NTA has released NEET 2020 Schedule on its website. Here are all the important dates:
|NEET 2020 Application Form Release Date||December 2, 2019|
|Last Date for NEET 2020 Application Submission||December 31, 2019|
|NEET Admit Card 2020 will be issued on||March 27, 2020|
|NEET 2020 Exam Date||May 3, 2020|
|NEET 2020 Result Announcement||June 4, 2020|
NEET 2020 Eligibility Criteria
As per NTA, candidates willing to appear in NEET 2020 should qualify the eligibility mentioned below.
- Age Limit – Candidates who have attained 17 years of age are eligible for this exam. There is no upper age limit for NEET 2020 as per an interim order of Supreme Court.
- Educational Qualification – Candidates who have completed or appearing in class 12th with minimum 5 subjects including English, Chemistry, Physics as compulsory subjects can apply. Candidates of distance learning or private students and those who have Biology as an additional subject are also eligible for the exam.
- Minimum Percentage Required – General candidates should score minimum 50%, general PwD – 45%, OBC/SC/ST – 45% and OBC/SC/ST PWD – 40%.
- Number of Attempts – There is no limit on the number of attempts for NEET 2020. Candidates can appear for the exam as many times as they want.
NEET 2020 Application Form
NEET 2020 Application Form will be available at the official website from December 2 – 31, 2019. Documents and other details that you need to fill the application form are:
- Applicant’s name, father’s name, mother’s name, address, date of birth, mobile number, email id
- Aadhaar number/ election card/ passport number/ bank account number/ ration card number or any other government identity card number
Steps to Apply for NEET 2020
- Register for NEET 2020, and not down your login credentials for future references.
- Fill the details asked in the application form.
- Upload scanned images of your photograph and signature.
- Pay the registration fees for NEET 2020.
- Download and print the final registration page.
NEET 2020 Application fee
NEET 2020 Application fee can be paid through the online mode by using net banking, credit card, or debit card.
|Category||Fee (in INR)|
|General/ OBC||INR 1400|
|SC/ ST/ PH||INR 750|
NEET Application Form Correction
Candidates can make changes in their NEET 2020 Application forms using the form correction facility which shall open after the application process is over. Candidates can access their forms by logging in to their accounts at the official website of NTA. Only successfully registered candidates can avail this facility.
The details of the scanned images to be uploaded are as follows:
|Photograph||10 to 100 kb||JPG|
|Signature||3 to 20 kb||JPG|
NEET 2020 Reservation Criteria
The 10% Economically Weaker Section reservation will be applicable in NEET 2020. To avail this reservation applicants have to mark themselves as EWS while filling the category column in NEET Application Form. The revised reservation criteria is mentioned below:
|Economically Weaker Section (EWS)||10%|
|Scheduled Caste (SC)||15%|
|Scheduled Tribe (ST)||7.5%|
|Other Backward Caste (OBC)||27%|
|Persons with Disabilities (PwD)||5%|
NEET 2020 Admit Card
- Admit Cards for NEET 2020 shall be released online on March 27, 2020.
- Candidates can download their NEET Admit Cards by logging in to their accounts.
- Admit cards shall be available for only those aspirants who have registered successfully and paid the registration fees.
- Candidates should know that NEET Admit cards will not be sent to the candidates via post, and will only be available in online mode.
- Candidates can follow the given link, for the process of NEET Admit Card download.
- NEET 2020 admit card will contain details like candidate’s name, exam date, time, exam center details, candidate’s DOB etc.
NEET 2020 Exam Pattern
- NTA determines the NEET Exam Pattern with the aim of shortlisting the most deserving candidates for medical courses.
- The exam is conducted in offline mode for a 3 hour duration.
- Candidates are given a question paper, and they have to mark their responses in the provided OMR sheet.
- For an organized planning to ace the exam, candidates should be aware of the accurate pattern. NEET 2020 will be held in pen and paper mode. Exam Pattern details for the exam are tabulated below:
|Specifications||Pattern and syllabus|
|Subjects||Physics, Chemistry, Biology (Zoology and Botany)|
|Type of Questions||Multiple Choice Questions|
|Number of Questions||Physics – 45Chemistry – 45Biology – 90 (Zoology – 45 and Botany- 45)Total -180|
|Marking Scheme||4 marks for each correct answer-1 mark for each incorrect answer|
|Total Marks||720 marks|
NEET 2020 Medium of Exam
NEET 2020 aspirants have the option of choosing from 2 official languages and 9 regional languages. The details regarding available medium for NEET 2020 is tabulated below:
|English, Hindi and Urdu||All States and Cities|
|Telugu||Andhra Pradesh and Telangana|
|Bengali||West Bengal and Tripura|
|Gujarati||Gujarat, Daman and Diu, Dadra & Nagar Haveli|
NEET 2020 Syllabus
- NEET syllabus is divided in 3 sections – Chemistry, Physics and Biology.
- Questions from the syllabus of class X – XII are asked in NEET.
- Assuming that NEET syllabus shall continue on the same lines as last year, here are the details of NEET syllabus 2020:
|Syllabus for class 11||Physics – Physical World and Measurement, Kinematics, Thermodynamics, Laws of Motion, Work, Energy and Power, Behaviour of Perfect Gas and Kinetic Theory, Motion of System of Particles and Rigid Body, Gravitation, Properties of Bulk Matter, Oscillations and Waves|
|Chemistry –Structure of Atom, Some Basic Concepts of Chemistry, Chemical Bonding and Molecular Structure, States of Matter, Classification of Elements and Periodicity in Properties, Hydrocarbons, Thermodynamics, Hydrogen, s-block elements, p-block elements, Organic Chemistry, Equilibrium, Redox Reactions, Environmental Chemistry|
|Biology – Diversity in Living World, Human Physiology, Plant Physiology, Cell Structure and Function, Structural Organization in Animals and Plants|
|Syllabus for class 12||Physics – Electrostatics, Current Electricity, Electronic Devices, Atoms and Nuclei, Dual Nature of Matter and Radiation, Optics, Electromagnetic Waves, Electromagnetic Induction and Alternating Currents, Magnetic Effects of Current and Magnesium|
|Chemistry –Solutions, Electrochemistry, Haloalkanes and Haloarenes, General Principles, Processes of Isolation of Elements, p, d, f – block elements, coordination compounds, Surface Chemistry, Alcohols, Solid State, Phenols, and Ethers, Aldehydes, Ketones, Chemical Kinetics, and Carboxylic Acids, Organic Compounds Containing Nitrogen, Biomolecules, Polymers, Chemistry in Everyday Life|
|Biology – Reproduction, Ecology and Environment, Genetics and Evolution, Biotechnology and Its Application, Biology and Human Welfare|
How to Prepare for NEET 2020?
- Students should be dedicated towards their studies from day one keeping in mind the goal of clearing NEET 2020.
- Don’t underestimate your doubts, clear them with a due course, prepare notes in the classes, do not procrastinate your studies and be confident.
- Maintain a time table and strictly follow it along with sparing some time for daily revision.
- Candidates must go through NCERT books of Physics, Chemistry and Biology of class 11th and 12th as NTA follows the same syllabus which was stipulated by CBSE.
- They have to update themselves with the latest exam syllabus and pattern before starting with the preparations.
- Candidates have to manage their time cautiously and take care of their health as well.
- They have to avoid backlogs, avoid long hours studies, and also avoid using multiple preparation and books for preparing NEET 2020.
- They must solve as many Mock Tests, Sample Papers, Practice Papers and previous year question papers as possible, note your mistakes and work on them.
NEET 2020 Result
NEET 2020 Result will be released on June 4, 2020. Medical aspirants who attended the exam can check their results on the official website of NTA.
- Before result declaration, answer keys will be released by NTA.
- Candidates will be able to send challenges against the answer keys on a fee of INR 1000 per answer which may be refunded if NTA accepts the representation.
- NEET 2020 Result will be announced after careful evaluation of the answer sheet of students.
- The result will be applicable for admissions in all the medical colleges in India including AIIMS and JIPMER.
- Candidates should save a copy of their results for future references.
NEET 2020 Cutoff
NEET Cut Off 2020 will release along with the exam results announcements. Candidates have to get minimum marks to qualify the medical entrance exam. NEET Cut Off is based on various factors such as number of appeared candidates, category of the candidate, difficulty level of the exam.
Andhra Pradesh and Telangana will also participate in 15% All India Quota Counselling.
- NEET 2020 Cutoff marks will be the minimum marks to qualifying the status of the students.
|General – PH||45%|
NEET 2020 Counselling
- Counselling for NEET 2020 will begin from the first week of July, 2020.
- Directorate General of the Health Services of the Medical Counselling Committee conducts NEET Counselling.
- 15% of All India quota counselling seats are reserved for central institutions such as BHU, AMU, AFMC, ESI, Delhi University (DU), and Deemed Universities.
- Based on the merit list, remaining other counselling and admission seats are available in State Medical Institutions or Colleges or Universities which follows instructions provided by the State Government and authorities of Dental or Medical counselling process.
- Candidates have the option of resigning or surrendering the seat allotted in the counselling process. Further participation in NEET Counselling shall not be possible for such candidates.