NMAT by GMAC is a popular management entrance examination, which is organized and conducted by the Graduate Management Admission Council (GMAC) to offer admission in various management courses. Candidates who have cleared NMAT by the GMAC exam are not only eligible for admission in NMIMS but also 30 B-Schools in India that consider NMAT by GMAC score for admission in postgraduate management courses. On the other hand, NMAT by GMAC score is accepted by top B-Schools across 11 countries. The computer-based test is held in a 75-day long window from October to December. Test takers are permitted to appear for 3 retakes of NMAT by GMAC.
NMAT by GMAC 2019 Eligibility Criteria
The eligibility criteria of NMAT by GMAC 2019 are prescribed by the Graduate Management Admission Council (GMAC). NMAT by GMAC 2019 eligibility criteria takes various factors into consideration such as nationality, age criteria, academic qualification, and marks required to apply for NMAT by GMAC 2019. The entrance exam is scheduled to be conducted between 4th October to 17th December 2019 and candidates qualifying NMAT by GMAC 2019 will be eligible for MBA admissions at NMIMS University and 23 other B-schools in India.
It is important for the applicants to check the NMAT by GMAC 2019 eligibility criteria before applying for the exam. As per the eligibility criteria prescribed for conducting NMAT by GMAC, applicants with a Bachelor’s degree from a recognized university or institute with at least 50% aggregate marks are eligible to apply. Furthermore, candidates of both Indian and Foreign origin having a Bachelor’s Degree can apply for the entrance exam and candidates with two or more years of work experience will be given preference.
Note: For NMAT by GMAC, there is no reservation policy as such. However, candidates must note that some seats may be reserved for widows, wards of armed forces personnel killed and Kashmiri Migrants in a few colleges/institutes.
Important Pointers Regarding NMAT by GMAC 2019 Eligibility Criteria
Some of the important points of NMAT by GMAC eligibility norms are listed below:
- To appear for NMAT by GMAC 209, there is no age limit.
- The candidates should have a Bachelor’s degree or an equivalent qualification from a recognized University/institute.
- The minimum score required in the qualifying examination is 50%.
- The eligibility requirements in NMAT by GMAC vary institute-wise. Therefore, candidates must cross-check each institute’s eligibility criteria.
- Final year candidates appearing for the qualifying examination may also apply and get provisional admission.
- For the full-time management programs, candidates with at least two years of experience are given priority.
- All eligibility documents should be produced at the time of admission. All certificates and documents should be consolidated.
- If the total marks of candidates are in CGPA or Grade, then they have to produce necessary documents to convert the marks into the grades by the university.
NMAT by GMAC Eligibility Criteria for NMIMS Campuses
The NMAT by GMAC eligibility criteria of the various NMIMS campuses is listed below:
|NMIMS Programmes and Campuses||Eligibility Norms|
|MBA (Mumbai)||Candidate should have a bachelor’s degree from any recognised University/institute in any subject.The minimum required aggregate marks in the qualifying examination is 50%.Candidates who have done distance learning or correspondence course or Part-time graduates are not eligible to apply.|
|MBA in HR (Mumbai)||Candidate should have a Bachelor’s Degree in any subject from any recognised University/Institute.Candidate must score 50% as aggregate marks.Candidates who have done distance learning or correspondence course or Part-time graduates are not eligible to apply.|
|MBA in Pharmaceutical Management (Mumbai)||Candidate should have a Bachelor’s Degree in M.Sc. in Biotechnology, BDS, BHMS, MBBS BAMS, B.Sc. and Pharmacy, Life Sciences, Science from any recognised University/institute.The minimum required aggregate score is 50%Candidate with a Master’s degree in Sociology, Economics, and Psychology or Bachelor’s Degree in B.E./B.Tech/Bio-Medical can also apply.2 years of work experience is preferred by a pharmaceutical company.|
|PGDM (Bengaluru) and PGDBM (Hyderabad)||Candidate should have a Bachelor’s degree (Full-Time) in any subject from a recognised University/Institute.Candidate should have scored 50% as aggregate marks in their first attempt.Candidates who have done distance learning or correspondence course or Part-time graduates, are not eligible to apply.|
Also, check out the detailed selection and eligibility criteria for NMIMS Mumbai here.
NMAT By GMAC Eligibility Criteria for International Candidates
In order to appear for NMAT by GMAC 2019, international applicants are also eligible to apply. The detailed eligibility criteria for international candidates are mentioned below:
- International applicants must have a full-time Bachelor’s degree (10+2+3/4) in any discipline from any recognized university and must have at least 50% marks in aggregate in the first attempt.
- The applicants willing to appear for NMAT by GMAC must have valid a GMAT score of six hundred (600) and above. Furthermore, the GMAT score for the last three years up to October 2019 will be taken into consideration.
- For international candidates, all the admissions are subject to getting clearance from the candidate’s government (if required) and a student visa from the Indian Embassy in the candidate’s country.
- International applicants having more than 2 years of post-qualification experience are preferred.
NMAT by GMAC 2019 Reservation Policy
NMAT by GMAC score is accepted by various MBA colleges across the country. Graduate Management Admission Council (GMAC) does not determine the reservation policy for NMAT by GMAC, as it does not conduct the admission process for MBA course in participating colleges. As the colleges accepting NMAT by GMAC score conduct their own admission process for MBA/ PGDM programs, the reservation policy, and seat allocation rules are specified by the respective institute. On the other hand, there is no category-wise qualifying mark required to appear for NMAT by the GMAC exam, and the minimum qualifying mark required is similar across all categories.
In all, candidates aspiring for MBA/ PGDM admission through NMAT by GMAC score must note that he/ she must adhere to the admission rules and reservation policies specified by the respective B-School.
What after NMAT by GMAC Eligibility Norms?
Candidates who satisfy the NMAT by GMAC eligibility criteria or norms will have to proceed with the online application submission for the entrance exam. The candidates will have to read the instructions of NMAT by GMAC carefully before filling the online application form for NMAT by GMAC. The candidates must also make all the documents ready for the online application submission.
NMAT by GMAC 2019 Syllabus
Before beginning the NMAT 2019 exam preparation, candidates must follow the NMAT syllabus 2019. The syllabus of NMAT by GMAC is divided into three sections that test candidates Language Skills, Quantitative Skills, and Logical Reasoning. By going through the syllabus and exam pattern of NMAT, candidates will have proper knowledge and understanding of the important chapters, topics and their weight in the entrance exam. Therefore, candidates going to appear in NMAT 2019 have to study the topics mentioned in the NMAT 2019 syllabus thoroughly to crack the entrance exam. In case you wish to draw a comparison between NMAT by GMAC and other MBA entrance exams, read here.
The questions in the language skills section test the verbal ability, language skills and candidate’s command over the language. The quantitative ability section is designed to assess the quantitative and calculative skills of the candidate and the logical reasoning section evaluates the analytical and data interpretation skills of the candidate.
The detailed syllabus of NMAT by GMAC is mentioned below.
This section examines the language structure skills, verbal ability, reading comprehension and understanding of a candidate. Candidates get 22 minutes to answer 32 questions. The important topics covered in this section are listed below:
|Section Name||Topics||NMAT by GMAC 2019 Syllabus|
|Language Skills||Comprehension||Para JumblesReading Comprehensions|
|Grammar||Choosing the Correct PrepositionError Identification|
|Vocabulary||AntonymsSynonymsFill in the BlanksAnalogiesCloze Test|
This section evaluates the reasoning and analytical abilities of candidates. For this section, candidates have 38 minutes to provide answers to 40 questions. The important topics covered in this section are listed below:
|Section Name||Topics||NMAT by GMAC 2019 Syllabus|
|Logical Reasoning||Analytical Reasoning||ClassificationLinear & Circular ArrangementsBlood Relation QuestionsSyllogismsSeries QuestionsCoding QuestionsAlphabet Test QuestionsDirection QuestionsMatrix Type QuestionsInput-Output QuestionsOther Reasoning QuestionsSymbol Based Questions|
|Verbal Reasoning||Statement & Assumption QuestionsStatement & Argument QuestionsDecision Making and Course of ActionStatement and Inference QuestionsCritical Reasoning|
This section examines the quantitative ability of a candidate. Candidates have 60 minutes to answer 48 questions. The important topics covered in this section are listed below:
|Section Name||Topics||NMAT by GMAC 2019 Syllabus|
|Quantitative Skills||Algebra||InequalitiesEquationsLinear EquationsLogQuadratic EquationsLCM/HCFLogarithmAbsolute value other Questions on Algebra|
|Arithmetic||Simple & Compound InterestTime & WorkPercentagesRatio ProportionsOther questions on ArithmeticNumbersLCM/HCF|
|Data Interpretation||Bar ChartTablesLine GraphsPie Chart|
|Geometry & Mensuration||Triangles LinesPolygonsAnglesSquare & RectanglesCircumference, Circle-Radius, Chord, Diameter, Tangent, Arc etc3-D FiguresCubesBase Angle TheoremPythagoras TheoremQuadrilateralsLongest Side TheoremRhombusParallelogramsCuboidTrapeziumConeCylinderSphere|
|Modern Math||ProbabilityPermutation & CombinationSet TheoryProgression-Arithmetic, Geometric, Harmonic, RelationshipCoordinate GeometryVenn Diagrams|
FAQs on NMAT by GMAC Syllabus 2019
1. What is Computer-Based Testing (CBT) and what are the skills needed to take tests via CBT?
Computer-Based Testing (CBT) is one of a method wherein the responses are electronically recorded, assessed or both. CBT is administered at a pre-determined testing location. For Computer-Based Testing, test takers do not need to have prior computer experience to use it. Before starting the exam, test takers will receive a brief introductory tutorial that will instruct them on how to use the computer to answer questions and review responses and no typing skills are needed as such for this.
2. Do computerized tests take more time to complete the exam as compared to the paper version?
The computerized test usually takes less time to complete the exam as there are no test booklets and answer sheets to manage and no need to transfer answers manually to an answer sheet in the computer-based test.
3. What are all topics covered in the Logical Reasoning section of NMAT by GMAC?
The logical reasoning section of NMAT by GMAC tests candidates’ reasoning and analytical abilities. Questions from this section are based on Syllogisms, Venn Diagram, Clocks and calendars, Coding and series, etc.
NMAT by GMAC 2019 Exam Pattern
NMAT by GMAC 2019 exam pattern is prescribed by the Graduate Management Admission Council (GMAC). The entrance exam is conducted in online mode for a duration of 2 hours. In the examination, each candidate gets a randomly generated test from a pool of questions, delivered one-at-a-time. Regardless of when and where the exam is administered, the number of questions, the difficulty level of the paper, and the sectional time limit are predetermined, and it remains the same.
The NMAT by the GMAC exam has three sections: Language Skills, Quantitative Skills, and Logical Reasoning (detailed NMAT by GMAC syllabus here). Each section is timed individually and test takers have to attempt questions of each section within the allotted time for the section. One cannot return to the previous section if he/she chooses to move to the next section or if the time runs out. However, an advantage that candidates get during the exam is that they can select the order/sequence of the test sections.
Section-wise NMAT by GMAC Exam Pattern
The following table shows the section-wise NMAT by GMAC exam pattern:
|Sections||No. of Questions||Duration|
|Language Skills||32 questions||22 minutes|
|Quantitative Skills||48 questions||60 minutes|
|Logical Reasoning||40 questions||38 minutes|
|Total||120 questions||120 minutes|
Advantage of 75-Day Test Window
- NMAT by GMAC offers a 75-day testing window that enables candidates to give their best performance and reduce the stress associated with a single sitting test or test offered in a short time window.
- The longer test window allows one to take the test when he/she is best prepared.
- It offers candidates the opportunity to retake the test with a maximum of 3 attempts, including “No Show”, in case candidates feel that their performance is not up to their expectations.
Highlights of NMAT By GMAC Exam Pattern 2019
Through the table given below, candidates appearing for NMAT By GMAC 2019 will know about the exam pattern details of the entrance exam.
|Features||Exam Pattern Details|
|Exam Duration||120 minutes (2 Hours)|
|Type of Questions||Multiple Choice Based Questions|
|Exam Mode||Computer-Based Test mode|
|Total Marks||360 marks|
Detailed NMAT by GMAC Exam Pattern 2019
Total Number of Attempts Allowed:
In NMAT by GMAC 2019, a total of 3 attempts are allowed. Candidates can appear for the entrance at least three times in a given admissions cycle. One of the biggest benefits of this is that candidates are given the opportunity to improve their scores.
NMAT by GMAC Choice of Self-Scheduling:
NMAT by GMAC is an entrance exam which provides the facility to the test-takers to choose the test appointment date, time and test center location as per their own convenience.
Uniform Marking Scheme:
As per the exam pattern of NMAT by GMAC 2019, there is a uniform marking scheme. There is no negative marking in the entrance examination.
Individually Timed Sections:
In NMAT by GMAC 2019 each of the three sections is individually timed and test-takers are required to attempt the questions in the respective section within the stipulated sectional time limit.
Guidelines for Appearing in NMAT by GMAC 2019
On the day of the entrance exam, arrive at the test center at least 45 minutes prior to your exam time.
- It is important for the candidates to follow all the important instructions while appearing for the examination.
- Candidates are advised in their own interest not to bring any of the barred items to the exam venue Any candidates found in possession of these items will not be allowed entry in the examination center.
- Candidates are required to carry at least one valid Photo ID and another Signature ID (in original) such as Passport, PAN Card, Driving License, Voter’s ID, Aadhaar Card, etc
- Any candidate found possessing a fake identity shall be debarred from giving the examination.
- Candidates must carry the NMAT by GMAC 2019 admit card to the test center and get it signed by the test administrator at the designated place on the day of the test.
- Candidates must check whether their printed photograph on the admit card is clearly visible or not.
- Candidates will have to keep their duly signed admit card of NMAT by GMAC 2019 until the admission process has been completed.
NMAT 2019 Exam Pattern – Key Features
For appearing in NMAT By GMAC 2019, candidates can choose a date, time and location of the exam as per their convenience.
- The marks allotted for each section of the exam is different. The total marks include the overall marks scored by the candidate in all the three sections of the entrance exam.
- There is a specific time allotted to all the three sections Therefore, candidates can answer and review the responses within the stipulated time.
- Candidates can review their answers at the end of each section in order to revise the answers attempted in the question paper.
NMAT By GMAC Marking Scheme 2019
It is important for the candidates to know the marking scheme of NMAT By GMAC 2019 before appearing for the entrance exam. All the details regarding NMAT By GMAC 2019 marking scheme has been provided in the table given below:
- For each correct answer, candidates will be awarded three marks.
- There is no negative marking for wrong answers.
- No marks are awarded or deducted for the unattempted questions
|Type of Answer||Marks|
|For Correct answer||+3|
|For Incorrect answer||No Negative Marking|
NMAT by GMAC Exam Pattern 2019 V/s CAT Exam Pattern 2019
The exam pattern of NMAT By GMAC 2019 and CAT 2019 are almost on similar lines, however, there are few differences as compared to Common Admission Test (CAT). In the table given below, we have provided the similarities and differences between the two exam pattern.
|Features||NMAT by GMAC Exam Pattern 2019||CAT Exam Pattern 2019|
|Type of Questions||All MCQs||72-75 questions are MCQs, rest Non-MCQs|
|Overall time limit to attempt the exam||2 hours||3 hours|
|Answer options for MCQs||5||4|
|Negative marking||No negative marking||MCQs with 1/3 negative marking; No negative marking for Non-MCQs|
|Marks awarded for each correct answer||1||3|
|Number of sections||3||3|
|Exam difficulty level||Moderate||Comparatively high|
|Individual Sectional time limit||Yes, varying time limit of 22 minutes to 60 minute||Each section with 1 hour time limit|
|Name of Section-1 with a number of questions||Language Skills-32||Verbal Ability & Reading Comprehension- 34|
|Name of Section-2 with a number of questions||Logical Reasoning-40||Data Interpretation & Logical Reasoning -32|
|Name of Section-3 with a number of questions||Quantitative Skills-48||Quantitative Ability-34|
|Facility to choose order of sections||Yes||No|
NMAT by GMAC Exam Pattern 2019 V/s XAT Exam Pattern 2019
In the table given below, candidates can take a look at the similarities and differences between the exam patterns of NMAT by GMAC and XAT:
|Features||NMAT by GMAC Exam Pattern 2019||XAT Exam Pattern 2019|
|Type of questions||All MCQs||97 (1 is essay writing test)|
|Overall time limit to attempt the exam||2 hours||3.5 hours|
|Answer options for MCQs||5||5|
|Negative marking||No negative marking||72 MCQs with 1/4 negative marking; No negative marking for 25 MCQs and Essay writing test|
|Marks awarded for each correct answer||1||1|
|Number of sections||3||3 (Main sections)2 (GK & Essay score not counted)|
|Exam difficulty level||Moderate||High|
|Individual Sectional time limit||Yes||No|
|Name of Section-1 with a number of questions||Language Skills-32||English Language & Logical Reasoning- 24|
|Name of Section-2 with a number of questions||Logical Reasoning-40||Quantitative Ability & Data Interpretation- 27|
|Name of Section-3 with a number of questions||Quantitative Skills-48||Decision Making-21Yes|
|Facility to choose a order of sections||Yes||Any question from any section within the the overall time limit|
NMAT Exam Analysis 2019
Being one of the most popular entrance examinations, NMAT by GMAC is a national level entrance examination through which candidates are offered admission in various management programmes. NMAT by GMAC 2019 is held from October 04, 2019 to December 17, 2019, and candidates can take a look at the NMAT by GMAC 2019 exam analysis available here. The exam analysis of NMAT by GMAC 2019 is a good indicator for the candidates who wish to improve their scores of NMAT and know about the exact details about the examination.
By going through the NMAT by GMAC 2019 analysis, candidates can know exactly the nature and type of questions and the overall difficulty level of the entrance examination. NMAT by GMAC 2019 was conducted in Computer-Based (online) mode that consisted of 3 sections- Language Skills, Quantitative Aptitude, and Logical Skills. The medium of the entrance examination was English only and all the candidates who have appeared for the examination had to answer a total of 120 questions within 2-hour duration. There was no negative marking in the entrance examination. According to the previous year’s trends of the examination, the difficulty level of the entrance examination was moderate to difficult.
The structural pattern of NMAT by GMAC 2019 was as usual. In the online mode of examination, candidates had a choice of deciding the sequence of the sections. As per the analysis, the Quantitative Skills was the easiest section that had extremely straightforward and easy to solve questions, however, the one major change was in the level of difficulty of the Language Skills section.
Detailed Section-Wise Exam Analysis of NMAT by GMAC 2019
- Logical Reasoning section in NMAT by GMAC 2019 had a mix of verbal and critical reasoning as well as decision making questions.
- This particular section had 25 questions based on analytical and logical reasoning while the remaining 15 questions were asked from the verbal reasoning section.
- The questions in this section were asked from various topics such as decision-making, statement-assumption, statement-inference, syllogism, coding, blood relation, statement and argument, statement conclusion, missing number & visual reasoning, direction, and singlets.
- Considering the overall analysis of the Logical Reasoning section in NMAT by GMAC, the section is of easy to moderate level of difficulty.
To know the exact details about the Logical Reasoning Section, candidates can take a look at the table given below:
|Topics||Level of Difficulty||Number of Questions|
|Analogies||Medium to Difficult||6|
|Meaning of phrase/Synonyms Antonyms||Medium||2|
|Reading Comprehension (2 passages with 4 questions each)||Easy||8|
|Paragraph Jumbles(4 sentences)||Easy to Medium||4|
|Fill in the blanks with 3 Prepositions||Easy||2|
|Spot the error in the underlined parts||Easy-Medium||3|
|Fill in the Blanks (2 blanks – combination of grammar and vocab)||Easy||2|
- The questions asked from the Quantitative Skills section of NMAT by GMAC 2019 were of moderate difficulty, while the questions asked from time & work topics were easy in nature.
- According to the candidates, most of the questions that were asked in NMAT by GMAC 2019 were from Arithmetic, Numbers and Modern Mathematics.
- This section also had questions from ratio & proportion, SI & CI, averages, work & time, number system, profit & loss, percentages, progression, logarithms, geometry, permutation combination, probability, data sufficiency, and data interpretation. However, the questions on Geometry and Algebra were very few.
To know the exact details about the Quantitative Skills section, candidates can take a look at the table given below:
|Topics||Level of Difficulty||Number of Questions|
|Probability||Easy to Difficult||3|
|Permutation & Combination||Medium to Difficult||2|
|Logarithms||Easy to Medium||2|
|Arithmetic Progression||Medium to Difficult||2|
|Time Speed Distance||Medium||1|
|Percentages||Easy to difficult||3|
|Time and Work||Medium||1|
|Mensuration||Easy & Difficult||2|
|Ratio-Proportion||Medium to Difficult||2|
|Two pie charts||Easy||4|
|Bar Chart + Pie chart||Difficult||4|
|Multiple Bar Chart||Medium||4|
|Data Sufficiency||Easy to Medium Level||5|
- According to most of the test -takers, the Language Skills section was the toughest of all. This section had questions from prepositions, common confusables, vocabulary, synonyms & antonyms, para jumble, error spotting, analogy and cloze test.
- In the examination, the Cloze test questions were difficult to solve, as words used were not easy.
- The two Reading Comprehension passages were also difficult for many candidates. However, the para-jumble and preposition based fill in the blanks questions were comparatively easy.
To know the exact details about the Language Skills section, candidates can take a look at the table given below:
|Topics||Level of Difficulty||Number of Questions|
|Grouping & Conditionalities||Medium||4|
|Family Tree ( Symbol Based Questions)||Medium & Difficult||2|
|Alphabet- Numbers Series (Missing Term)||Easy||1|
|Venn Diagram||Easy & Difficult||2|
|Family Tree ( Symbol Based Questions)||Medium & Difficult||2|
|Alphabet- Numbers Series (Missing Term)||Easy||1|
|Ranking in Queue||Medium||1|
|Topics||Level of Difficulty||Number of Questions|
|Strong argument/ Weak argument (1 paragraph – 3 arguments)||Easy-Medium||2|
|Course of Action (1 paragraph – 3 courses of action)||Easy||1|
|Critical Reasoning Strengthen/Weaken Inference/Conclusion||Easy-Medium||8|
|Syllogisms (2 data statements/ 4 conclusions)||Easy||1|
|Implicit Statements||Easy-Medium||2 (Conclusion 1, Assumption 1)|
NMAT Exam Analysis 2018
For the benefit of the candidates who wish to appear in NMAT, we have provided the exam analysis of the previous year i.e NMAT 2018 in the table below:
|Sections||Time to solve the section (in minutes)||Number of sections||Level of Difficulty||Type of Questions|
NMAT Section-wise Exam Analysis
The syllabus of NMAT can be classified into three major sections i.e Logical Reasoning, Language Skills, and quantitative skills. We have provided the section-wise analysis for the various sections of NMAT below.
This section is a mixture of critical and verbal reasoning. It also consists of decision making questions. The questions asked in this section are asked from topics such as syllogism, direction sense, numerical grid, family tree, direction sense, arrangements, etc. Candidates get a total time of 40 minutes to answer 38 questions in this section. The average difficulty level of the comparatively easy.
The questions in this section are based on core grammar topics like tenses, parts of speech, modifiers, conditionals, etc. This section has 32 questions that have to be solved by the candidates in 22 minutes. The difficulty level of this section is moderate. This section also consists of two reading comprehension of around 600 words which can be considered to be doable for the candidates appearing in the examination.
Apart from comprising of questions on Quant, this section also tests the expertise of the candidates on data sufficiency and data interpretation. It consists of 48 questions that have to be attempted by the candidates in 60 minutes. Candidates generally have to face both difficult and moderate questions in this section.
How to Prepare for NMAT by GMAC 2019
To crack any MBA entrance exam, you must know how to prepare for that exam. If you are one of those preparing for NMAT by GMAC this year, then, you will have to study in a smart and effective way. NMAT by GMAC 2019 is scheduled to be held from 4th October to 17th December 2019 in online mode for the candidates who wish to take admission in MBA and PGDM courses offered by various NMAT by GMAC Participating Institutes.
One of the best ways to boost your level of preparation is to make a proper strategy and make a time schedule for yourself to achieve a good score/percentile in the entrance exam. To help you create a preparation strategy to make it to any of the top 10 colleges accepting NMAT by GMAC score, CollegeDekho brings to you some important tips and tricks that you may use to make your life simpler. Keeping in mind the time and the difficulty level of the exams, we hope that the tips guide you on the path to success.
Manage Your Time:
You have to try to attempt 120 questions in 120 minutes in the examination. This means that you have only one minute for each question. Thus, you need to learn smart shortcuts to crack the exam. You can refer to the shortcuts provided by your coaching institutes. You can also find shortcuts online at various websites.
Work on Weak Areas and Strengthen Strong Areas:
You must strive to work on your weak areas and strengthen strong areas. To do this, you must understand and practice the solved examples, then, practice unsolved exercises and afterward proceed to NMAT by GMAC mock test.
Practice Subjects in An Alternative Way:
While preparing for the exam, try to practice subjects in an alternative way. Study the Quantitative section on one day and the Verbal section on the second day. This will help you maintain your practice mood. For example, devote Monday, Wednesday, and Friday to the Verbal Ability and Logical Reasoning section and devote Tuesday, Thursday and Saturday to Quantitative skills.
Self- Assess Yourself:
For effective exam preparation, you must evaluate your performance from time-to-time. When you evaluate and analyze your performance on a regular basis, you will know where you are lack and you will be able to improve on your mistakes.
Revision is the Key:
Revision in the last few days should be on top of your mind. The more you are clear about your basic concepts, the more you are confident in attempting the paper. Try to revise the basics of all the chapters so that you can get high marks.
NMAT Section-Wise Preparation Tips for 2019
NMAT by GMAC Is conducted to test a candidate’s Language skills, Quantitative Skills, and Logical reasoning skills.
Preparation Tips for Language Skills
In this section, you will have 32 questions that have to be completed within 22 minutes. This section requires your speed and accuracy to attempt questions. You must have strong grammar skills and a good vocabulary to ace this section. One good way to attempt reading comprehension is marked the important phrases, words and other sentences with relevant information and data.
Preparation Tips for Quantitative Skills
In this section, you will have 48 questions that have to be answered in 60 minutes. For this section, you must learn the shortcuts and tricks to solve the questions and learn the art of time management. Questions in this section are mostly based on data interpretation and your key concepts. Data Sufficiency and Data Interpretation are most important in this section. To score well in this section, one must solve NMAT by GMAC’s previous year question papers, take mock tests and practice sample papers.
Preparation Tips for Logical Reasoning
In this section, you will have 40 questions and 38 minutes to answer them. The practice is the key to success for this section. If you practice the questions of this section regularly, then, you can identify and attempt the questions that will take less time. To sharp your logical skills, you must practice as many questions as you can. Some of the important topics of this section are Decision Making, Arrangements, Series, Numerical Grid, Family tree, and Verbal Reasoning.
Important Instructions for Exam
- On the day of the exam, candidates must arrive at the test center at least 45 minutes prior to the test appointment.
- The candidate who comes without a valid admit card will not be allowed to appear for the examination.
- A test taker is supposed to bring the confirmation e-mail printout along with him/her on the day of the test.
- One valid photo ID and another signature ID in the original form must be brought to the test center.
- Unfair means and practices during the examination are not entertained and a strict legal action can be taken. Any textual material (written or printed), (including bits of paper or any unwanted material) is not permitted inside the examination hall.
- Smoking is strictly prohibited in the exam hall. Also, tea, coffee, snacks or cold drinks are not allowed inside.
- Electronic gadgets like calculators, digital watches, cell phones, geometry boxes, log tables, slide rules, etc. are not permitted in the examination hall. Therefore, the candidates are advised not to carry any of these devices to the examination center.
How to Prepare for NMAT 2019 from Home?
In order to start preparing for NMAT 2019 from home, the aspirants can go through some of the NMAT 2019 from home preparation tips prepared by CollegeDekho given below:
- The NMAT 2019 aspirants must, to begin with, go through the entire NMAT 2019 syllabus and NMAT 2019 exam pattern
- Differentiate between the strong and weak areas section-wise
- Buy the best books for NMAT 2019 and study resources
- Dedicate extra hours on the weak areas and keep a track of the improvement
- Attempt maximum number of NMAT 2019 mock test papers to analyze the preparation
What is the Role of NMAT 2019 Syllabus During Preparation?
The NMAT 2019 syllabus will play a huge role during the preparation for NMAT by GMAC 2019 entrance exam. The candidates must have a good knowledge of the syllabus for NMAT 2019 before they start preparing for the entrance exam. Limited or no knowledge about the NMAT 2019 syllabus will hamper the preparation plans of the aspirants for the NMAT 2019 entrance test even if they possess the best of best preparatory materials.
Is it Possible to Achieve Desired Success in NMAT 2019 Through Self-Study?
Many NMAT 2019 aspirants may wonder that if it is possible to achieve the desired success in NMAT 2019 entrance exam through self-study. The answer is “YES”. Many students in the past have achieved the desired scores in the NMAT exam without the assistance of any coaching institutes. There are several factors that prohibit the NMAT aspirants to join a top coaching center but they still work out many ways to achieve success. However, if a student wishes to focus on self-preparation, then he/she must start doing the same with adequate time in hand. Here are certain things that the NMAT 2019 aspirants must ensure while beginning their self-preparation for NMAT 2019:
- The candidates must not waste their time on topics that are hard to comprehend and rather should move forward. With ample time, they can ask for expert assistance on the topics which they skipped during the initial stages of preparation
- Candidates belonging from an Engineering or Technical background, most of the time, feel comfortable in Data Interpretation, Quantitative Skills, and Logical Reasoning while on the other hand might find the Language Skills section to be equally difficult. Such students must seek proper expert guidance to help them get their preparation on track
- The entire focus must be on improving the speed and accuracy of answering the questions
- The candidates will not be allowed to leave the exam hall during the exam hours which is why they must also work on their concentration power to be able to sit at a particular spot for a duration of 2 hours. In order to do so, it is advised that the candidates must try solving as many as NMAT 2019 mock test and NMAT previous year question papers
NMAT 2019 6-Month v/s 3-Month Preparation Plan
Presented below is the NMAT 2019 6-month v/s 3-month preparation plan which the NMAT 2019 aspirants must adhere to:
|NMAT 2019 6-Month Preparation Plan||NMAT 2019 3-Month Preparation Plan|
|First of all, understand the structure of the NMAT 2019 examGet hold of the NMAT 2019 syllabusSeparate the strong areas from the weak areasFocus on building fundamentals and clarity of concepts of the weaker areasFocus on understanding the basic rather than spending more time on theoryAttempt maximum number of NMAT 2019 mock test papers, previous year papers and sample test papersTilt the balance towards Self-study and regarding any issues, the guidance of the mentors could be sought||Check if all the basics have been strengthened and clarity of fundamentals is achievedIn addition to the NMAT 2019 best books, try procuring extra knowledge from the other available NMAT 2019 preparation materialsDO NOT just attempt mock tests but also identify errors and rectify themSolve the maximum number of NMAT previous year question papersSign up for a good NMAT online test series|
Is it Possible to Prepare for NMAT 2019 in 2 Months?
The possibility to be prepared for the NMAT 2019 exam in 2 months is dependant on many factors. Those candidates can prepare for NMAT 2019 who had started their initial preparations at least 4 to 6 months prior to the exam date. Jumping out of nowhere and starting to prepare for NMAT 2019 just 2 months before the exam date will be of no use. However, according to the experts, it is quite possible to score good marks even if the aspirants started preparing for the NMAT 2019 exam 2 months before the date of the exam via an effective study plan.
- Here is how an aspirant can crack NMAT 2019 in 2 months with the help of an effective study plan:
- In addition to theory, taking NMAT exam quizzes, solving sample test papers and NMAT previous year papers will be beneficial
- Always analyze after completely attempting an NMAT 2019 mock test paper
- Try to dedicate extra hours to go through all the NMAT 2019 preparatory materials in a convincing manner
- The GMAC preparation guide for NMAT 2019 by GMAC is a must-have or the NMAT 2019 aspirants
- Try segregating the strong areas from the weak areas and focus on strengthening the weak areas. However, it is recommended that due to lack of time, it is wiser to move on to the stronger areas
1. What are some tips for attempting Reading Comprehension?
Reading Comprehension requires excellence in working memory, inferences and language. You must read all passages twice to get the theme of the comprehension part. Additionally, you should know how to interpret results and conclusions from the information given in the passage.
2. What is the time duration for attempting the Logical Reasoning section?
In this section, test-takers have 38 minutes to answer the 40 questions in the exam.
3. What should the test taker carry on the day of the exam?
Test takers are required to carry the admit card, confirmation E-mail, two valid (not – expired and in original) IDs – one photo ID and another signature ID on the day of the entrance exam.
NMAT by GMAC 2019 Participating Colleges
NMAT by GMAC 2019 is an examination, which is conducted for the aspirants who wish to pursue management studies. The examination is scheduled to begin on 4th October 2019. The NMAT score will be accepted by 30 colleges/institutions all over India. On the other hand, NMAT by GMAC score is accepted by top B-Schools across 11 countries. To mark a place in the NMAT by GMAC 2019 Participating Colleges, candidates will have to clear the examination. Once the exam is over, candidates will be able to check the NMAT by GMAC 2019 Result.
It is also important for candidates to score marks that could surpass the cut-off range. To check this, candidates can look for the NMAT by GMAC 2019 cut-off marks and can confirm their position for admission in the participating colleges. A procedure is to be followed while selecting the college or institution accepting the NMAT by the GMAC score. You can also check the list of the top 10 colleges accepting NMAT by GMAC score here. Apart from the colleges in India, some MBA colleges in South Africa and the Philippines will also accept NMAT by GMAC scores from the next academic session.
Mentioned-below is some pointers for understanding the selection of the colleges.
How to Provide College Choices During Form Filling
- At the time of filling the application form for NMAT by GMAC, candidates can select the desired college/s and course/s.
- There are provisions to select more than one course or college during the form filling.
- In the ‘School Preference’ section of the registration or application form, candidates can select up to five preferences as per choice.
- After making the selection, candidates will have to pay a sum of Rs. 200 (approx) for every new course or participating in college.
- After making the needful selection, candidates must attentively lock their choices by submitting the application form.
- It is important for candidates to cross-check the application form before they click on the ‘Submit’ button.
- If due to any reason or circumstances, candidates fail to submit the selected college then the first considered or placed college will automatically be considered as looked from the candidates’ end.
Let’s look at some of the important points that candidates must know with context to participating colleges of NMAT by GMAC 2019.
- While selecting the participating colleges, candidates must first go through the complete details of the institutions/colleges they wish to select through NMAT by the GMAC exam.
- Candidates must also know that the final selection for the considered college will be based on the marks scored by the candidate.
- The cut-off marks determined by each institution will also be a deciding factor for the selection of the candidates.
- Once documentation is complete, no changes in terms of college or course can be done.
- Candidates who fail to turn up for the final admission procedure will automatically lose their candidature.
NMAT by GMAC 2019 Participating Colleges
Apart from the above B-Schools in India, NMAT by GMAC score is accepted in top B-Schools across 11 countries such as –
- South Africa
- Sri Lanka
NMAT by GMAC 2019 Result
The final NMAT by GMAC 2019 result will be released in the month of January 2020. The result will be published in the form of a scorecard. The exam scores will be published approximately 4 to 5 weeks after your exam date. The result of NMAT by GMAC is released in the form of a scorecard, which indicates candidate’s sectional score, overall score, and percentile.
Candidates who appear for the exam are notified about their results via email. No hard copy of the NMAT by GMAC scorecard is sent via post or courier. The result is available online, and the test takers are required to log in with their Application ID and Password to view their NMAT by GMAC scorecard. The NMAT by GMAC score will determine if you can make it to the top colleges accepting NMAT by GMAC score.
Based on the result and NMAT by GMAC cut-off the participating institutes/colleges shortlist successful candidates for the final selection process. The NMAT by GMAC scorecard showcases the real performance of the candidates in the examination, therefore, all the appearing candidates must take a print out of the scorecard and keep it safe till the completion of the admission process.
NMAT by GMAC Result 2019 – Important Dates
|NMAT by GMAC 2019 Exam||4th October – 17th December 2019|
|NMAT Scores Announcement||November 2019 – January 2020|
|NMAT Result Announcement||January 2020|
|NMAT Final Result Declaration||March 31, 2020|
Steps to View NMAT by GMAC Result 2019
By following the steps given below, candidates can view their NMAT 2019 result:
- Visit the official website of NMIMS, www.nmims.edu
- Click on the tab available to access ‘NMAT by GMAC 2019 – Result’.
- You will be redirected to a page where you will be required to enter your login credentials such as Application ID, Password as well as ‘Captcha’ Code.
- Now, click on the ‘Get Your Results’ button.
- NMAT by GMAC result 2019 will be displayed on the screen.
- Download and print your scorecard for further use.
NMAT by GMAC Scorecard 2019
The final scorecard includes a scaled score for each section, total score, and percentile ranking. The following table gives details about the range of possible scores in the different sections of NMAT by GMAC exam:
|Logical Reasoning skills||0-120|
Details Mentioned in NMAT by GMAC Scorecard 2019
The following details are mentioned in the scorecard of NMAT by GMAC 2019:
- Personal Details of the candidate
- Total Score in the entrance exam
- Final Score for each section
- Percentile Marking
Normalization of Scores
The scorecard of NMAT by GMAC includes scaled scores, percentile scores, and historical percentile scores.
After normalizing the marks scored by the candidates, the scaled scores are prepared. These scores are equated to determine any difference in the overall difficulty level. This process is used to check the scores are comparable across the different sets of question papers.
After the candidates have appeared in NMATby GMAC, the final percentile is prepared. This score indicates how the candidates have scored in the entrance exam when compared to all other candidates who undertook the NMAT by GMAC 2019 exam.
Historical Percentile Scores
This score is indicative of the performance of a candidate, which is compared to all the other candidates who undertook the NMAT by GMAC in the previous year.
NMAT by GMAC Merit List 2019
GMAC will prepare the NMAT by GMAC 2019 merit list for the candidates who have successfully qualified in the entrance exam. The merit list of NMAT by GMAC 2019 will be based on the score obtained by the candidates in the entrance exam. Candidates must note that on the basis of the merit list of NMAT by GMAC 2019, candidates will be called to participate in the NMAT by GMAC 2019 Selection Process.
NMAT 2019 Result Salient Feature
Aspiring candidates applying for NMAT 2020 must know some of the NMAT 2019 results salient features. Here are the most significant points to be remembered.
- The NMAT 2019 Result will be declared on the official site of NMAT approximately after 4weeks to 5 weeks from the exam being conducted,
- The NMAT 2019 exam scores are released window-wise and the scorecard will be updated with all the individual scores.
- Once the NMAT 2019 scores are published, the candidates will receive an email or a message mentioning the announcement of the NMAT 2019 result.
- Candidates will be able to download and view the NMAT scorecard by logging in to the official site of NMAT.
- The Final percentile and Ranking will be given after all the candidates have taken their NMAT by GMAC 2019 Examination. The NMAT scorecard will be updated by the 3rd of January 2020.
- After the NMAT 2019 percentile scores are declared, then the NMAT result scores will be given out. The NMAT 2019 scores will be sent to institutes the students have selected while filling up the registration form.
- Candidates will be able to download the NMAT 2019 results by the GMAC till March 31st, 2020.
Difference between NMAT 2019 Scaled Score and NMAT 2019 Percentile Score
The NMAT 2019 Result comprise of NMAT 2019 scaled score and NMAT 2019 percentile score. We have brought the difference between the two over here in the tabular format.
|NMAT 2019 Scaled Score||NMAT 2019 Percentile Score|
|All the NMAT 2019 test shifts are considered while determining the overall NMAT 2019 difficulty level. This process has been adopted by the GMAC to ensure scores are comparable across all the test shifts.||The NMAT 2019 final percentile is declared after considering all the scores of all the candidates at the end of the testing session. The NMAT 2019 scorecard containing the percentile will be sent to the schools the candidates have chosen.|
NMAT by GMAC 2019 Selection Process
On the basis of NMAT by GMAC 2019 result, the selection procedure of NMAT by GMAC 2019 will take place which includes the shortlisting of the candidates. Candidates who have been shortlisted will have to appear for the selection rounds at the institutes. The NMAT by GMAC 2019 selection procedure follows two steps for selecting the deserving and qualified candidates. Get all the details about the NMIMS Mumbai selection criteria here.
The first step involves, clearing the entrance exam which is scheduled to be held from 4th October – 17th December 2019 and the second step involves, appearing for Group Discussion (GD) or Writing Ability Test (WAT) or Case Discussion (CD) and Personal Interview rounds.
Based on the NMAT by GMAC result and NMAT by GMAC cut-off, candidates who have qualified the overall exam will be eligible to take admission to various NMAT by GMAC participating Institutes. Colleges accepting NMAT by GMAC scores in South Africa and the Philippines may have additional selection criteria as well.
Note- It is mandatory for the candidates to carry their NMAT by GMAC 2019 admit cards to participate in the further rounds of the selection process.
NMAT by GMAC Selection Procedure 2019 – Important Dates
|NMAT by GMAC Exam Dates||4th October – 17th December 2019|
|Final Announcement of NMAT by GMAC 2019 Result||January 2020|
|NMAT by GMAC Selection Procedure||After Result Declaration|
Detailed NMAT by GMAC Selection Procedure
To enroll in management Institutes accepting NMAT by GMAC scores, the selection process is as follows:
- Candidates have to appear for the NMAT by the GMAC test that is computer-based.
- Based on the candidate’s performance in the entrance test, the result of NMAT by GMAC will be declared along with NMAT by GMAC cut-off scores.
- On the basis of their scores, candidates are shortlisted for the pre-admission rounds. Here, the selected candidates need to participate in the Personal Interview (PI) and Case Discussion (CD) rounds.
- In the Case Discussion (CD) round, shortlisted candidates will be divided into a group of 5-10 person and each group will be asked to discuss a case for 15-20 minutes.
- Based on the performance in Case Discussion (CD) round, candidates will be selected for Personal Interview.
- After the Case Discussion (CD) round final round in the selection procedure is a personal Interview, it is conducted to judge candidate’s knowledge of diverse topics, confidence, ability to counter pressure among other things.
- Candidates will have to present all the original documents of formal education and work experience (if any).
- The final result will be issued after compilation of the candidate’s entrance test score, work experience, academic profile, and performance in Case Discussion (CD) and Personal Interview(PI) rounds.
Documents Required for Case Discussion (CD) and Personal Interview (PI)
At the time of admission, the selected candidates have to take the following documents for submission:
- Class 10th Mark Sheet & Passing Certificate
- Class 12th Mark Sheet & Passing Certificate
- Provisional/Original Mark Sheet and Passing Certificate of Graduation
- Master’s Mark sheet & Passing Certificate
- Certificate of AIU ( or University Equivalence)
- Certificate of Migration
- Work Experience Certificate
- Eligibility Certificate (If required)
- Medical Fitness Certificate
- Mediclaim policy
- Reservation certificate (if required)
1. When is the selection process of NMAT by GMAC conducted?
The selection process of NMAT by GMAC is conducted after the result declaration for the candidates who will be shortlisted for selection rounds. NMAT by GMAC 2019 selection process will begin after the result declaration.
2. What does the selection process of NMAT by GMAC comprise of?
The selection process of NMAT by GMAC includes clearing the entrance exam and then appearing for Personal Interview (PI) and Case Discussion (CD) rounds.
3. Will the work experience be considered while preparing the merit list?
Yes, the work experience of the candidate will be considered.at the time of preparing the merit list.
NMAT by GMAC 2019 Cut-Off
After the announcement of NMAT by GMAC 2019 result, the cut-off list for the same will be prepared by the Graduate Management Admission Council (GMAC). The cut-off list determines the minimum marks a candidate must score in order to take admission through this entrance exam. It is prepared for the colleges to shortlist candidates based on the maximum and minimum marks they score in this examination. The cut-off marks also enable institutions to send shortlisted candidates for the next rounds of selection including Group Discussion (GD) and Personal Interview (PI).
NMAT by GMAC 2019 result will be released in January 2020 and the cut-off will be released once the results have been announced. The cut-off marks will be available on the official website of NMAT by GMAC. The cut-off of different institutions accepting the NMAT result will vary depending upon their requirements and seat availability.
It is important for candidates to know that the cut-off marks consist of different sections and overall expected marks. Candidates need to achieve all the sectional cut-offs and the overall cut-off in order to get admission to the Participating Colleges of NMAT by GMAC. Candidates scoring equal or more than the listed cut-off marks will ultimately be shortlisted for further rounds of NMAT by GMAC 2019 selection process. Here is a list of the top 10 colleges accepting NMAT by GMAC scores.
NMAT by GMAC 2019 Cut-Off Important Dates
It is important for the candidates to know about the cutoff dates of NMAT by GMAC 2019 after the exam has been successfully conducted. The following table indicates the dates for the release of the cut-off list of NMAT by GMAC 2019:
|Exam Date||October 04, 2019 to December 17, 2019|
|Result Declaration||January 2020|
|Cut-Off Release||After Result Declaration|
Steps to Check NMAT by GMAC 2019 Cut-Off
By following the steps given below, candidates can check how they can check the cutoff of NMAT by GMAC 2019:
- Go to the official website of NMAT by GMAC.
- Search for the NMAT by the GMAC 2019 cut-off link on the right side of the home page.
- Click on the given link.
- Log in with your User ID and Password.
- A new page will open with the cut-off list.
- Download the sheet and take a print out of it. Remember to keep the soft copy for future references.
Factors Determining NMAT by GMAC Cut-Off
Various factors determine the cut-off marks of an entrance examination like NMAT by GMAC. These factors create a mark for the candidates that can be calculated to extract the cut-off list for various institutions. Keeping these determining factors in mind, candidates must strive harder to crack the examination so that they are able to meet the required cut-off. Read in detail about the NMAT by GMAC cut off and selection criteria here. Following are the factors that may determine NMAT by GMAC cut-off:
- The total number of candidates appearing for NMAT by GMAC 2019.
- The difficulty level of the examination.
- The total number of seats available.
- Total number of candidates qualifying the NMAT by GMAC 2019.
- Rankings of the Participating Institutes
NMAT by GMAC Sectional Cut-Offs
Note: The cut-off marks are tentative and based on the previous years’ NMAT by GMAC cut-offs.
NMAT by GMAC 2019 Institutional Cut-offs
|Narsee Monjee Institute of Management Studies (NMIMS Mumbai)||200+|
|Narsee Monjee Institute of Management Studies (NMIMS Bangalore and Hyderabad)||180+|
|Xavier Institute of Management (XIMB), Bhubaneswar||200+|
|Woxsen Business School, Hyderabad||160+|
|ICFAI Business School (IBS), Hyderabad||150+|
|ISBR Business School||170+|
|BSE Institute Limited||200+|
|Amrut Mody School of Management, Ahmedabad University||150+|
|SRM University Chennai, Delhi NCR Sonipat||250+|
|Thapar School of Management||150+|
|Shiv Nadar University||200+|
|University of Petroleum & Energy Studies (UPES)||160+|
|BML Munjal University||200+|
|ITM Business School, Navi Mumbai||200+|
|GITAM School of International Business, Visakhapatnam||200+|
Best Books for NMAT by GMAC 2019
Books are considered the best source for gaining knowledge. For the preparation of NMAT by GMAC 2019, there are various books that provide aspirants with relevant as well as related examples and solutions. Apart from being a source for gaining knowledge, books help students build a systematic and disciplined preparation strategy for exams.
There are many books available online and offline for the aspirants of NMAT by GMAC 2019. One can easily access books on different sections covered in the NMAT by GMAC 2019 Syllabus. It is up to the candidates to shortlist books based on their requirements. A list of best books for NMAT by GMAC 2019 has been provided for candidates to start their preparation for the exam. Candidates must also read the following factors that must be considered while selecting books for NMAT by GMAC 2019 preparation. You can also go through the NMAT by GMAC Official Prep Online Practice Exam 2019 here.
How to Select the Best Books for NMAT by GMAC
- While selecting the best books for NMAT by GMAC 2019, remember to check the year of publication and edition. For a number of topics, the syllabus and information have been updated, therefore it is important to study from a book that has updated contents and information.
- Always remember to take books of renowned and reputed authors or publication houses, as they will provide you the correct theories and explanations.
- Candidates can also opt for books issued by known coaching centers. Such books can serve to be good sources of knowledge with probabilities of sample papers attached to them.
- Books that focus mainly on exam preparation consisting of sample papers and previous years’ question papers are also available for the aspirants of NMAT by GMAC 2019.
- For more authentic explanation, candidates can even compare topics and contents of two or more books and then cross-check it with their mentors or experts of NMAT by GMAC.
Best Books for Language Skills
- SSC Chapterwise Solved Papers English Language 2018 by Arihant Publications
- Descriptive English For Competitive Examinations by B.K.Publication
- Objective General English by S. P. Bakshi (Arihant Publication)
- Descriptive English For Competitive Examinations by S.J. Thakur and S.K. Rout
- English Language Comprehension Skills by Sachchida Nand Jha
- Objective General English 10,000 plus Questions by R.S. Aggarwal & Vikas Aggarwal
Best Books for Quantitative Skills
- Quantitative Aptitude for MBA Entrance Examinations by Abhijit Guha
- Quantitative Aptitude for CAT by Arun Sharma
- Quantitative Aptitude Numerical Ability (Fully Solved) 7000+ Objective Question by Pratiyogita Kiran & KICX Think Tank of Kiran Prakashan
- Mathematics for MBA by R.S. Aggarwal
- Quantitative Aptitude Quantum Cat 2018 by Sarvesh K. Verma
- How to Become a Human Calculator?: With the Magic of Vedic Maths by Aditi Singhal
Best Books for Logical Reasoning
- A Modern Approach to Logical Reasoning by R.S Aggarwal
- Logical and Analytical Reasoning by Ashok Gupta
- Non-Verbal Reasoning by R.S. Aggarwal
- How to Prepare for Logical Reasoning for CAT by Arun Sharma
- Logical Reasoning by Arihant Publication
Common Books for NMAT by GMAC Preparation
- NMAT by GMAC Official Guide 2018/2017/2016 First Edition by GMAC
- Nmat Entrance Guide by Disha Experts
- 50 Plus Solved Papers MBA Entrances by Ajay Singh
NMAT by GMAC Previous Years’ Question Papers/Sample Papers
NMAT by GMAC 2019 is a national-level examination, which is scheduled to be conducted from 4th October to 17th December 2019. Aspirants who want to clear this examination must start preparing for it. To do so, they can start practicing the NMAT by GMAC’s previous years’ question papers. However, the Graduate Management Admission Council (GMAC) does not provide candidates with the previous years’ question papers. Instead, they allow candidates to take online practice exams. For this, candidates can log in with their Registered ID and Password and start practicing.
These papers help in practicing the questions well and also allow candidates to understand exam pattern of NMAT by GMAC 2019 as well as the syllabus of NMAT by GMAC 2019. For all those who are preparing for the exam, practicing previous years’ question papers and solving sample papers can be extremely helpful in understanding the difficulty level of the sectional questions.
Since the previous years’ question papers are not available, CollegeDekho will soon provide candidates with some NMAT by GMAC sample papers.
How to Download NMAT by GMAC Sample Papers
- Click on the above-mentioned link – ‘Download NMAT by GMAC Sample Paper here!’.
- A new page will open asking for candidates’ login details. Fill in the credentials and click on the ‘Login’ button.
- After a successful login, candidates will be redirected to the NMAT by GMAC question paper, which will be available in a PDF format.
- Download the NMAT by GMAC question paper and start practicing it.
Advantages of Solving NMAT by GMAC Previous Years’ Question Papers/Sample Papers
- Practicing previous years’ papers or sample papers helps candidates in enhancing their preparation skills and strategies.
- NMAT by GMAC sample papers will prepare candidates for the actual paper.
- With the help of sample papers, candidates become aware of the exam pattern and type of questions asked in the exam.
- Solving sample papers is also a great way to learn time management skills.
- Regular practice can enhance the test-taking speed of the candidates.
- It is also considered a good option for the purpose of revision.
Preparation Tips for NMAT by GMAC 2019
Candidates planning for NMAT by GMAC 2019 must start their preparation now. The examination is about to be conducted, therefore, it is the right time for aspirants to start preparing for the scheduled examination. Once the candidates are through with the syllabus, they can begin solving previous years’ question papers or sample or practice papers to become more confident about their preparation.
Apart from solving sample papers or papers of previous years, candidates can explore the following options to boost their preparation for the upcoming NMAT by GMAC 2019 examination.
NMAT by GMAC 2019 Admit Card
The admit card of NMAT by GMAC 2019 is issued in online mode by the Graduate Management Admission Council (GMAC) within 24 hours after the completion of registration and payment process. After successful NMAT by GMAC Registration and scheduling of the test, an e-mail is sent to the registered mail ID of candidates.
In order to access their admit card, candidates must have to visit the official website of NMAT by GMAC i.e nmat.org.in and log in using their User ID & Password. All the details mentioned on NMAT by GMAC admit card must be verified carefully by the candidates and in case of any discrepancy, it must be immediately reported to the concerned authority to get it resolved.
NMAT by GMAC admit card 2019 is an important document which contains the NMAT by GMAC registration details and photograph of the candidate. On the day of the entrance exam, candidates must carry two photo ID proofs along with the admit card of NMAT by GMAC 2019. Without an admit card and a photo ID proof, candidates will not be allowed to appear for the entrance exam.
If any applicant is opting to retake the exam they must retain the ‘same’ Admit Card which they had carried for the first/previous attempt. They will be required to produce the ‘same’ Admit Card and will have to get it signed and stamped at the test center where they appear, to retake the exam.
NMAT by GMAC Admit Card 2019 Important Dates
|Events||Start Date||End Date|
|NMAT Registration||July 02, 2019||3rd October 2019|
|NMAT Scheduling||2nd July 2018||16th October 2019|
|NMAT 2019||4th October 2019||17th December 2019|
Steps to Download NMAT by GMAC 2019 Admit Card
Candidates can follow the given steps to download the admit card of NMAT by GMAC:
- Go to the official website of NMAT by GMAC
- Click on the link ‘Register Now’.
- A new page will open with the candidate login option.
- Fill the credentials asked and click on ‘Log In’.
- A new page with the admit card will open.
- Click on the link denoting the admit card.
- Now download the admit card being flashed and take a print of it.
- Save a copy of the NMAT by GMAC 2019 admit card for future references.
- It is compulsory for the aspirants of NMAT by GMAC 2019 to carry they are admitted card on the day of the examination, to the exam center.
- Candidates will not be allowed to enter the examination hall without the admit card.
- Along with the admit card of NMAT by GMAC 2019, candidates must also carry a valid identity proof.
- Both the documents will be checked by the concerned authority before starting the examination.
- Candidates with no admit card or ID Proof will be debarred from writing the examination.
- Remember to follow the instructions written on the admit card and announced by the invigilator at the exam center.
Details Mentioned on NMAT by GMAC 2019 Admit Card
NMAT by GMAC 2019 admit card is a document that defines the eligibility of the candidate to appear for the concerned examination at the specified venue and date. It is very important that the admit card contains credentials related to the candidate and the examination. Candidates must check they are admitted card carefully by comparing the below-mentioned details.
- Name of the Examination
- The venue of the Examination
- Date of the Examination
- Time of the Examination
- Name of the Candidate
- Roll Number allotted to the Candidate
- Registration Number
- Photograph of the Candidate
- Signature of the Head of the Concerned Department
ID Documents Required with NMAT by GMAC 2019 Admit Card
Mentioned below is a list of ID Proofs that can be considered at the exam center along with the admit card. Candidates can bring any of these documents and sit for the examination after the verification gets over. These documents include:
- List of Photo IDs and Signature IDs (with your name and photo)
- Aadhaar Card
- PAN Card
- Voter ID Card
- Driving License with Photograph
- Government-approved ID Card or certificate with the photograph.
- Debit/Credit Card
- A photocopy of the photo ID for submission to the testing center.
- Following are not acceptable as IDs on the day of the test:-
- Learner’s driver’s license
- Photocopies (attested or otherwise)
- Notarized copies
A discrepancy in NMAT by GMAC 2019 Admit Card
Candidates must carefully check the admit card before appearing for the examination. Any discrepancies found in the admit card of NMAT by GMAC 2019 must be immediately reported to concerned authority assigned by Graduation Management Admission Council (GMAC).
Address: GMAC India Office
Phone: 91 120 4397830 / 7863008300
FAQs on NMAT by GMAC Admit Card 2019
1. Who will release the NMAT by GMAC 2019 admit card?
NMAT by GMAC 2019 admit card is released by the Graduate Management Admission Council (GMAC).
2. How will I get my NMAT by GMAC admit card 2019?
Candidates can access their respective admit cards in online mode by visiting the official website of NMAT by GMAC.
3. Is NMAT by GMAC 2019 admit card/hall ticket available in offline mode?
The admit card of NMAT by GMAC 2019 will be available in online mode only.
Also Read: —
NMAT by GMAC Application Form 2019
NMAT by GMAC 2019 registration process commenced from 2nd July 2019 in online mode. To fill the NMAT 2019 application form, interested candidates have to visit the official portal of NMAT (www.nmat.org.in) before the last date of registration, i.e. 3rd October 2019. Before applicants decide to schedule a test date and location for taking the NMAT by GMAC exam, applicants must register and pay for the same.
The application process of NMAT by GMAC 2019 consists of various steps such as registration as a new user, filling NMAT by GMAC 2019 application form, uploading the photograph, payment of the application fee and submission of NMAT by GMAC application form. Applicants must note that while filling the online application form, they must select a slot as per their preference and availability and also check the detailed eligibility criteria of NMAT by GMAC. You can also learn about the top 10 colleges accepting NMAT by GMAC 2019 score here.
Important NMAT by GMAC Registration Dates 2019
|Events||Start Date||End Date|
|NMAT 2019 Registration||July 02, 2019||October 03, 2019|
|NMAT 2019 Scheduling||July 02, 2019||October 16, 2019|
|NMAT 2019 Late Registration||October 04, 2019||October 14, 2019|
|NMAT 2019 Registration – Retake||October 05, 2019||December 14, 2019|
|NMAT 2019 Re-scheduling||July 02, 2019||December 14, 2019|
|NMAT 2019 Re-take Scheduling||October 05, 2019||December 14, 2019|
|Exam Delivery||October 04, 2019||December 17, 2019|
Essentials for NMAT by GMAC 2019 Registration
Candidates must have the following pre-requisites for registration of NMAT by GMAC 2019: –
- Mark-sheets or Degree Certificates
- A valid E-mail address and Contact details
- A recent Photograph (as per prescribed size and format)
- A desktop computer or laptop and good internet connectivity
Steps to Fill Application Form for NMAT by GMAC 2019
By following the steps given below, candidates can fill the NMAT by GMAC application form 2019:
Step 1: New Registration
The first step to fill the NMAT by GMAC 2019 application form is to register by visiting the official website of NMAT by GMAC, i.e. nmat.org.in. For registration, applicants have to enter applicant name, country, mobile number, Email ID and a password. After submitting the details, a window will appear stating NMAT account details.
Step: 2 Filling NMAT by GMAC 2019 Application Form
After registering, applicants have to enter their basic details such as Name, Gender, DOB, Category, Citizenship, Parents’ name, ID proof, Mobile number, Email ID and click on ‘NEXT’ tab.
Step: 3 Uploading the Photo
To proceed further, applicants have to upload passport size photographs in the photo section. Applicants must note that the photo should be clear and in .jpg format.
Step: 4 NMAT by GMAC Application Fee Payment
To complete the registration process, applicants have to pay NMAT by GMAC 2019 application fee in online mode by using:
- Visa or Master Card Credit Card/ Debit Card
- Net Banking
- Mobile Wallets.
- American Express Card/ Diner Card
NMAT by GMAC 2019 Application Fees
|Registration Fees||INR 2000 + taxes applicable|
|Late Registration Fees||INR 2500 + taxes applicable|
|Retake||INR 2000 + taxes applicable|
|Reschedule||INR 1100 + taxes applicable|
|Additional Score Reports (Beyond first 5 programmes)||INR 200 per Score Report + taxes applicable|
Step 5: Submission of NMAT by GMAC Application form
After filling the complete NMAT by the GMAC application form, applicants must cross-check all the details filled in the application form to avoid errors in the hall ticket. Once the application form is submitted, the registration number for NMAT by GMAC is displayed.
Step 6: NMAT by GMAC Exam Schedule
In this step of the registration process, a unique NMAT by GMAC Registration ID is generated and sent through the registered Email ID of the applicants. With the help of this NMAT by GMAC registration ID and password, applicants can log in to their NMAT by GMAC account by visiting the official website and can schedule the exam and download the NMAT by GMAC admit card 2019.
NMAT by GMAC 2019 Application Form Correction
NMAT by GMAC 2019 application correction form is available in the month of July 2019 and the window for editing mistakes in the application form goes until the 2nd week of December 2019. This facility can be avail by only registered applicants in all aspects i.e. Payment of Examination Fee and Submitted Online.
Applicants should note that they can change all information in the NMAT by GMAC 2019 application form except in Email ID, Mobile Number, Date of birth and Address Details.
Steps for NMAT by GMAC Application Form Correction
- Go to the official website of NMAT by GMAC 2019.
- On the ‘Homepage’ of NMAT by GMAC click on the tab “Test Takers”.
- After that, you will be redirected to a new page, click on ‘Form Correction’ link.
- Fill in the credentials and login to the official website such as username and password
- After a successful login, edit the required fields.
- Click on the ‘Submit’ tab.
- Save your corrected form for future purposes.
NMAT by GMAC 2019 Scheduling Process
Once the applicants have taken the exam, they also have an option to reschedule NMAT by the GMAC exam. However, one can reschedule his/her exam not later than 72 hours prior to the scheduled test, to a different date, time and test center. For this, applicants have to pay an additional fee via credit card (Visa, Master Card, American Express) only.
Retakes: Additionally, applicants must note that there is a provision to retake the entrance exam twice apart from the original attempt. However, an applicant will have to pay an additional fee for re-taking the entrance exam.
Note: Candidates can retake NMAT by GMAC 2019 after 15 days of the original attempt.
*You can also check out the MBA Admission Process 2019-20 for top b-schools in India in detail here.
Important Points to Remember for NMAT 2019 Form Filling
There are certain steps that have to be taken while filling up the NMAT 2019 application form. Candidates will have to keep all the details ready for filling up the application such as educational qualification, Personal Contact, Mobile number, Work Experience, Programme preference, Email Id and registered contact number. All this information must be kept ready while filling the form for NMAT 2019.
Guidelines for Browser Version: As specified by GMAC, the NMAT 2019 application form can be filled only if the computer system/ laptop has Internet Explorer v.6.0 and above or Mozilla Firefox or Google Chrome. The NMAT 2019 registration will be done only the applicant’s system supports any of the above-mentioned software.
Take Enough Time: The NMAT 2019 application form can be filled up quickly just by reading the rules and guidelines. Applicants are advised to take enough time and check the guidelines before they sit to apply. Once the applicant successfully registers himself, he can log in multiple times to fill up the application form. Candidates will have to ensure that they put in the absolutely correct information in the application form.
Select the Relevant MBA program for yourself: Before filling up the NMAT application, the candidates are asked to go through the list of colleges that accept the NMAT 2019 score. This can be done a week ahead of the form filling. The candidates can choose the best of 5 MBA programs and institute for himself.
Know Your Application Fee: Before applying for the NMAT 2019, the applicants must first find out the NMAT 2019 application fee. The GMAC prescribes the NMAT 2019 application fee for all categories of applicants along with the reserved categories. Candidates choose the mode of payment as per their choice. Applicants can pay the application fee through the VISA, Debit card, Credit card, Net Banking, IMPS, UPI and Mobile Wallets.
NMAT Registration Number: The applicants of NMAT must first register themselves on the official site of GMAC and get the NMAT 2019 registration number. The registration number will be sent through the mail or registered mobile number. This registration number can be used for logging in multiple times and filling up the application number.
NMAT by GMAC 2019 Answer Key
Graduation Management Admission Council (GMAC) does not officially release the NMAT by GMAC 2019 answer key. Candidates, however, can check for the answer key released unofficially by different sites and coaching centers. The answer key of NMAT by GMAC contains the answers to the questions asked in the entrance exam. There will be answers divided section-wise for candidates to calculate marks of each section. The answer key will help the candidates to calculate their marks as per their performance in the entrance examination. This will also help them in analyzing their position in the next level test.
It is important for candidates to remember that the answer key released unofficially is not the authentication of the marks that candidates might score in the main examination. The released answer key can be treated as an example to figure out an assumption of the marks before the declaration of NMAT by GMAC result. On the basis of the NMAT by GMAC answer key, you can also predict the chances of making it to the top 10 colleges accepting NMAT by GMAC score here.
Marking Scheme of NMAT by GMAC 2019 Answer Key
Below is the marking scheme of NMAT by GMAC 2019 answer key:
- Three marks will be awarded for every right answer.
- There is no negative marking in the entrance exam.
- The total time duration to answer all the sections is 120 minutes.
|Type of Answer||Marks|
|For Correct Answer||+3 Marks|
|For Wrong answer||No Negative Marking|
NMAT by GMAC 2019 Mock Test
NMAT by GMAC 2019 Mock Test will be available on the official website for the candidates to start their practice sessions. The Mock Test will be available with different sets of Practice Exam Series. Candidates can take the first Practice Exam for free. For the second and third Practice Exam Series, candidates need to pay a sum of INR 599 (online). Candidates must also know that it is mandatory for them to first log on to the official website with their Registered ID and Password. Only then they can access the Practice Exam Series of NMAT by GMAC 2019 examination.
The mock test helps candidates get an insight into the main examination. It is basically the replica of the NMAT by GMAC 2019 with the same format and exam pattern. For any confusion in understanding the pattern, candidates can refer to the NMAT by GMAC 2019 exam pattern and syllabus. Also, take the NMAT by GMAC Official Prep Online Practice Exam 2019 here.
How Can I Take the NMAT 2019 Mock Test?
To take the NMAT 2019 mock test, the NMAT 2019 aspirants have to follow the given steps in the chronological order:
Step 1: The aspirants have to create an account for NMAT by GMAC followed by registering for the All India NMAT 2019 mock test exam before 11:00 AM on 22nd September 2019
Step 2: The All India mock test will be conducted between 11:00 AM and 13:00 PM on Sunday the 22nd September 2019 in which the registered aspirants have to appear
How to Access NMAT by GMAC Mock Test with Solutions
Candidates can follow the below-mentioned steps to get easy access to NMAT by GMAC 2019 Mock Test.
- Go to the official website of NMAT by GMAC.
- On the taskbar go to the ‘NMAT by GMAC Official Prep’.
- A new page will open with the Practice Exam 1 and Practice Exam 2 and 3 boxes.
- Click on ‘Register for Practice Exam 1 (Free)’, if you want to solve the practice paper for free.
- Click on ‘Buy the Practice Exam 2 &3’, if you are willing to pay for the next level of practice papers.
- After clicking on any of the above-mentioned links, you will have to log in with your valid User ID and Password.
- After logging in, you will be provided with the link to get the Practice Exam Papers.
- After completing the Practice Exam, you will be provided with the answers/solutions.
How to Prepare for NMAT by GMAC 2019 Mock Test?
To prepare for the NMAT by GMAC 2019 mock test, the interested applicants can buy the NMAT by GMAC official guide book. The NMAT by GMAC official guide book is available on some of the leading online shopping portals for INR 899/- (prices may vary on different platforms). The official NMAT by GMAC guide book will contain NMAT sample test papers and NMAT mock test papers which will be useful for those aspiring to score good marks and be worthy of a prize in the All India Mock Test.
Important Highlights of the NMAT 2019 Mock Test
Given below are some of the important highlights of the NMAT 2019 mock test:
- The candidates must provide a functional email address to ensure that no message regarding the NMAT 2019 mock test from the NMAT authorities is missed by them
- Entries should be submitted by the candidates only in the English language
- After final submission of an entry, the candidates cannot alter anything regarding the same
- Candidates among the top 50 Percentile Scorers will be eligible to receive a prize for their performance in the All India Mock Test 2019
- The names of the prize winners will be declared on or after the 7th day from the date of the mock test
What is the Importance of NMAT by GMAC Mock Test
- One of the most important factors of a mock test is that it helps candidates know about the exact pattern and structure of the examination paper.
- It is good to solve mock tests, as the more you practice, the more grip you will have on the main exam paper.
- A mock test also helps in improving time-management for the main exam.
- It makes you aware of the environment that you are about to face during the NMAT by GMAC 2019 examination.
- Solving mock tests is considered to be one of the best ways for the preparation of an examination. Check the How to Prepare Section of NMAT by GMAC for some quick preparation tips and tricks.
- It helps you to be quick with the difficult and tricky questions.
Quick Look at NMAT by GMAC Exam Pattern and Marking Scheme 2019
- NMAT by GMAC 2019 is an examination, which is conducted in online mode.
- It will consist of three different sections comprising of Language Skills, Quantitative Skills, and Logical Reasoning.
- There will be a total of 120 questions that are to be solved within a time span of 2 hours (120 minutes).
- There are different time slots for different sections of NMAT by GMAC question paper.
- For every correct answer, candidates will be awarded 3 marks.
- There is no negative marking and no mark shall be awarded to an unanswered question.