NPAT 2020: Do’s and Don’ts for AI Proctored Test
NPAT 2020 Exam will be conducted on June 26, 27 and 28 in remote proctored test mode. Read important guidelines related to NPAT 2020 exam.
With COVID-19 crisis and lockdown in the country, SVKM’s NMIMS decided to conduct NPAT 2020 in remote proctored test mode for the safety of students. Candidates who have registered for NPAT 2020 exam scheduled for June 26, 27 and 28 must know some important guideline for a seamless experience.
NMIMS has released a set of documents which include checklist of technical specifications for SVKMs NMIMS NPAT 2020 AI Proctored test, exam etiquettes one must follow and modern security frisking guidelines applicable for the test. Check them out one by one below:
What is NPAT Remote Proctored Test?
The remote proctored test is similar to any usual exam. The difference lies in the manner in which the test is conducted as the test will be given from one’s personally owned desktop/ laptop.
In this mode of exam, all the activities of the candidate will be closely monitored and the screen space as well as the audio-visual feature of the desktop/laptop will remain under the control of the invigilator until the end of the exam.
Just as any exam rule specifies candidates cannot indulge in any unfair activity, the same rule holds true for remote proctored tests as well. At the time of NMIMs NPAT 2020 exam, if the candidate is found in any wrongdoings, he/she will be immediately disqualified.
NMIMS NPAT 2020 Home Proctored Test: Tech Requirements
21st Century education is more about adaptability and use of smart AI technology to make your experience easy and to the point. Aligning this point into the examination front, candidates need to ensure the technical infrastructure readiness is on point for NPAT 2020 exam.
Check out the list of software and technology for SVKM’s NMIMS NPAT 2020 exam below:
- Download NMIMS NPAT 2020 exam launcher on the desktop/laptop at least 2 hours before the exam’s scheduled assessment time
- Before running the launcher for NPAT 2020 exam, check if the desktop/laptop has OS that is Window 7 SP 1 or above/ Ubuntu 14.1/ Ubuntu 16. MAC OS will not support the launcher
- Check if the system’s RAM is not less than 4 GB, processor not below Intel Core i3 and the HDD with minimum 100 MB free space
- Ensure the system has an integrated and functional webcam for self-registration and assessment. In case the system does not have one, try installing a webcam application beforehand. Keep the webcam application in active mode throughout the test
- Check if you have high-speed internet that is not less than 1.5 mbps in bandwidth to avoid any kind of technical interruptions. The recommended bandwidth is two mbps
- Try installing the latest version of Google Chrome Browser and set the browser zoom to 100%
- Enable all the cookies and pop-ups option in the browser before self-assessment activity
- For power back-up, ensure to plug in your desktop/laptop to the UPS
- System screen resolution should be 1024×729
SVKM’s NMIMS NPAT 2020: Essentials of Dress Code
Although, candidates will be giving SVKM’s NMIMS NPAT 2020 exam from the comfort of their home, yet lousy attitude and outfit is a strict ‘NO’. Dress professionally and brush your hair neat and tidy for SVKMs NMIMS NPAT 2020 exam. This is essential not just, for remote assessment, but this adds up the confidence level and makes one feel fresh.
SVKM’s NMIMS NPAT 2020: Miscellaneous Points
- Ensure your seating position for SVKMs NMIMs NPAT 2020 exam is such that, your back faces the wall. Keep a clear frontal view of the face. Keep the lighting of the room bright
- Keep the webcam turned on throughout the exam. If the candidates find any issue in self-registering through the webcam application in the system, complete the process through Android Smartphone, without wasting anytime.
- In Remote Proctored Exam, the security frisking will be done remotely. Invigilator will check the candidate’s NMIMs NPAT 2020 Admit Card and photo identity document at the start of the exam
- All the candidates will have to undergo the self-assessment process after keying in login ID and Password
- Turn off most of the applications in the system and allow just Launcher to run in the system during the exam hours. There should not be any antivirus updation, application notifications, folders, files, background processing while the Candidate is giving the test.
- Read exam guidelines thoroughly, instructions related to answering the NMIMS NPAT question paper and others. Once done, put a check mark on the terms and conditions
- Keep an eye on the exam timer and avoid taking any break in the middle of the exam for breakfast/lunch/or short meals. Switch off the phone to avoid distraction.