OJEE 2020-(STATE LEVEL ONLINE/OFFLINE TEST)
ODISHA JOINT ENTRANCE EXAMINATION
OJEE 2020: Exam Date, Application Form, Eligibility, Pattern, and Syllabus
Odisha Joint Entrance Examination or OJEE is a state-level exam conducted by OJEE Board for admission in various undergraduate, masters degree programs. The exam is conducted in two sessions for which the dates will be released at the official website i.e. ojee.nic.in.
- OJEE Registration is expected to commence in the first week of February 2020.
- The application process is completely online. Candidates willing to take the exam must check the eligibility criteria for OJEE exam.
- OJEE Exam is conducted in both online and offline mode. Check OJEE Exam Pattern
OJEE 2020 Highlights
The highlights regarding OJEE 2020 exam are mentioned below:
|Exam Name||Odisha Joint Entrance Examination (OJEE)|
|Conducting Body||OJEE Board (OJEEB)|
|Mode of Application||Online|
|Mode of Examination||Offline/Online|
|Courses Offered||Undergraduate, Lateral Entry and Post Graduate|
|Candidates Expected to Appear||52,000|
|OJEEB Help Desk||0674-6552455|
Through OJEE 2020, admission to following courses will be offered:
- First-year degree courses in Pharmacy, Integrated MBA (5 Years)
- Lateral Admission to second year (Third Semester) Engineering/ Technology/ Pharmacy/ MCA
- First-year Masters Degree Courses in Computer Application (MCA), Business Administration (MBA) and M.Tech./ M.Pharm/ M.Arch./ M.Plan/ M.Arch (exe.).
Important Dates for OJEE 2020
The tentative schedule for the events is mentioned in the following table:
|Availability of OJEE Application Form||February 2020|
|Issue of OJEE Admit Card||March 2020|
|OJEE 2020 Exam Date||May 2020|
|Declaration of OJEE 2020 Result||June 2020|
|OJEE Counselling||June 2020|
Download OJEE 2020 Admit Card
- The Board issues OJEE 2020 Admit Card to all candidates who registered successfully.
- The Admit Card for OJEE will be available on the official website from March 2020 tentatively.
- The hall ticket contains details about the exam duration, exam date and the timing of the exam. Candidates have to reach the examination centre at least half an hour before the reporting time.
- Candidates are required to submit one copy of the Admit card duly signed by the invigilator before leaving the examination hall.
Steps to Download OJEE 2020 Admit Card:
- Open the official website of OJEE.
- Click the link ‘OJEE 2020 Admit Card.’
- Enter your Application Number and Date of Birth and click on submit.
- OJEE Hall Ticket will be displayed on the screen.
- Candidates must download and print it for further use.
List of OJEE 2020 Exam Centres
- OJEE Exam is conducted across 20 exam cities in Odisha.
- You can enter three options for OJEE Exam centres in the application form.
- The final decision on allotment of OJEE 2020 Exam Centers rests with the exam conducting authority.
- The allocation or discretion or addition of any new OJEE Exam Center is also in the hands of the conducting body.
OJEE 2020 Exam Pattern
- OJEE 2020 Exam Pattern varies for all the courses.
- All the questions are in MCQ (Multiple Choice Question) formats, and the exam is conducted in both online and offline mode.
- Every question has four option choices, out of which one is correct.
- Candidates are awarded +4 marks for every correct response, while -1 mark is deducted from the score for every wrong answer.
- No marks are awarded for unanswered questions or questions multiple responses.
OJEE Exam Pattern- OJEE Lateral Entry B.Tech (Diploma Holders)
Candidates applying for lateral entry B.Tech program have to solve 120 objective type questions in 2 hours. The section and distribution of questions in each section are mentioned in the table below.
|Basic Electrical Engineering||40|
OJEE Exam Pattern- OJEE Lateral Entry (+3 SC / B.Sc)
The duration of L.E B.Sc. test is 1 hour in which candidates have to solve 60 multiple choice question from Mathematics, Chemistry, and Physics. Check the table below for more details.
OJEE Exam Pattern- OJEE Lateral Entry (Pharmacy) and M.Pharmacy
It will be a 1-hour examination, and 60 questions will be asked from the main branch alone.
OJEE Exam Pattern- OJEE MCA
The duration of OJEE MCA and L.E. MCA is 2 hours in which candidates have to attempt 120 multiple-choice questions. Check the table below for more details on the section-wise distribution of questions.
OJEE Exam Pattern- MBA Stream
OJEE MBA paper consists of a total of 5 sections and a total of 120 objective type questions. The section-wise distribution of questions is tabulated below.
|Computer and Business Fundamentals||10|
OJEE Exam Pattern- Integrated MBA (5 Years)
The entrance test for admission to the Integrated MBA program consists of 4 sections namely – Verbal Reasoning, Analytical Reasoning, General Knowledge, and Comprehension. There is a total of 60 multiple-choice questions.
OJEE Exam Pattern- M.Plan Stream
The PGAT entrance test consists of 60 objective type questions. There are three sections in total – Logical Reasoning, Arithmetic Reasoning, and Architectural Concept. Check the distribution of questions for all the three sections.
|Architectural concept related||40|
Download OJEE Question Paper 2020
Practising OJEE Question Papers can work wonders for you. Some of the most prominent benefits include:
- To keep a regular tab on your preparation and formulate improved strategies
- To carve out your strong and weak areas
- To help boost your confidence
- To understand the paper pattern, syllabus, structure of questions, frequently occurring topics, etc.
- To manage your time effectively while taking the test
Download OJEE 2020 Scorecard
- OJEE 2020 Result will be published online at the official site.
- The result will be declared by the Joint Entrance Examination Cell, State Government of Odisha for various UG and PG programs offered by different Government and Private institutions of the state.
- The steps to check OJEE 2020 Result are mentioned below.
- Visit the official site of OJEE
- Click on ‘OJEE 2020 Result’
- Enter Application No. and Date of Birth
- Download and take a print out of Rank Card
OJEE 2020 Cut off
- OJEE Cut off 2020 is the minimum marks based on which a candidate will be allotted a seat in his choice of institution.
- Candidates who manage to score above the total and sectional cutoff score would qualify for admission to that particular course.
- These candidates will be called to participate in the OJEE Counselling Procedure.
- OJEE 2020 cutoff for various courses will be announced along with the result.
- The category-wise opening and closing ranks will bed published in the cutoff list. Separate cutoff lists would be published for all courses.
Here is the expected OJEE 2020 Cut off for your reference:
|Other Backward Caste||457-454||14058-14909|
|Scheduled Caste||451-327||14240- 61231|
OJEE 2020 Counselling
- OJEE 2020 Counselling will be organised after the release of merit list based on the candidate’s performance in the entrance test.
- OJEE Counselling will be conducted via online mode, where candidates have to fill and lock their choices of colleges depending on their courses and their ranks.
- As per the choices filled, rank and availability of the seats, candidates will be allotted seats.
- Candidates are required to carry the stipulated fee and documents at the allotted college to complete the admission process.
Documents Required During Counselling
The Documents required for the verification are enlisted below:
- Mark sheet of 10th and 12th class
- Qualifying examination mark sheet
- Candidate passport size photograph
- OJEE 2020 Admit Card
- Category certificate (if applicable)
- Medical certificate (if applicable)
- Scorecard of OJEE 2020
- Scorecard of JEE Mains 2020 (if applicable)
Colleges Accepting OJEE Score
- The participating colleges of OJEE 2020 are the institutes in Odisha which admit candidates to various programmes as per merit.
- Candidates can use the given list of OJEE Participating Institutes 2020 for filling in the choices as per their preference of colleges and courses.
- Here is the list of the top participating colleges:
|Top Ten OJEE 2020 Participating Institutes|
|Veer Surendra Sai University of Technology, Sambalpur||Gandhi Institute for Technological Advancement, Bhubaneswar|
|Indira Gandhi Institute of Technology, Sarang||Gandhi Institute of Engineering and Technology, Gunupur|
|Government College of Engineering, Kalahandi||Parala Maharaja Engineering College, Berhampur|
|Silicon Institute of Technology, Bhubaneswar||CV Raman College of Engineering, Bhubaneswar|
|Central Institute of Plastic Engineering and Technology, Bhubaneswar||Orissa School of Mining Engineering, Keonjhar|
OJEE Scholarships 2020
- The government of Odisha offers a scholarship of INR 10,000/ year to meritorious students, to encourage them further.
- This scholarship scheme is open for students pursuing professional education (degree course) in the field of Engineering, MBBS and BDS.
- Candidates who fulfill the below eligibility can apply:
- Qualifying examination from an Educational Institution located within the State of Orissa
- Parental income (income of both father and mother) does not exceed INR 2,50,000/- from all sources in the year preceding the year of admission (ending on 31st March of the year)
- The distribution of scholarship awards is as follow:
|Course||No. of Scholarships|
|Students pursuing (degree course) in Engineering, Medical and BDS in National Institutes of repute, i.e. IIT, IISc., AIIMS, NIT, JIPMER, Pondicherry and AFMC, Pune etc||1500|
|EngineeringStudents of General AreaStudents of T.A.S.P. Area|
Students of S.A.S.P. Area