Railway Police Force/Railway Protection Special Force Recruitment 2020
Railway Protection Force (RPF) and Railway Protection Special Force (RPSF) have released a notification for RPF/RPSF Recruitment 2020 of 8619 Male and Female Constables. Interested candidates may check the vacancy details given below. Also, the candidates can apply online from 1 June 2020. Furthermore, the last date for application.
More details about RPF/RPSF Recruitment (2020), including the number of vacancies, eligibility criteria, selection procedure, how to apply and important dates, are given below:
Important Dates for RPF/RPSF Recruitment 2020:
|Opening of online registration||01 June 2020|
|Closing of online registration||20 June 2020|
|The tentative date for Computer Based Test(CBT)||September -October 2020|
Vacancy details for male candidates:
|Number of Vacancies||4403|
Vacancy details for male candidates:
|Number Of Vacancies||4216|
Eligibility for RPF/RPSF Recruitment 2020
The eligibility criteria for the RPF/RPSF Recruitment 2020 is given below:
|Nationality||The applicant must be a citizen of India.|
|Age limit||The age of the candidate should be between 18 years and 25 years as on 1 July 2020.|
|Educational Qualification||Applicant must hold SSLC/ Matric certificate from a recognized Board|
Note: Matriculation certificate from a recognized Board for Constable shall only be valid. Those awaiting results of the final examination of the prescribed educational qualification SHOULD NOT apply.
Physical Measurement: For Male Candidates:
|Category||Height(in CMs)||Chest(in CMs) Unexpanded Expanded|
and other Categories
specified by Govt.
For Female Candidates:
|For Garhwalis, Gorkhas, Marathas, Dogras, Kumaonese|
and other Categories specified by Govt.
Age Relaxation: The age relaxation criteria for RPF/RPSF Recruitment 2020 is given:
RPF/RPSF Recruitment Relaxation Age 2020
Examination fee for RPF/RPSF Recruitment 2020
The details for the Examination fee is given below. Therefore, the candidates are required to see before paying:
|For all candidates except the fee concession categories|
mentioned below at Sl No. 2
* Rs. 400/- shall be refunded duly deducting bank charges on appearing in CBT.
|For candidates belonging to SC/ST/Ex-serviceman/Female/Minorities/Economically|
* This fee of Rs. 250/- shall be refunded duly deducting bank charges on appearing in CBT
Note: In the event of cancellation of notified vacancies, the examination fee will not be refunded.
Mode Of Payment Of Fee for RPF/RPSF Recruitment 2020:
- Online Payment of Fee will be made through debit card/ credit card/internet banking.
Offline Payment will be made through:
- SBI Bank Challan Payment mode in any branch of SBI.
- Post office Challan Payment Mode in any branch of computerized Post
Note: The online payment will be allowed till 23.59 hrs of 02.07.2020 and offline payment will be allowed till 23.59 hrs of 05.07.2020 for candidates who register themselves till 23.59 hrs of 30.06.2020. However, registration will be confirmed only on payment of the fee.
Recruitment Process for the RPF/RPSF Recruitment 2020:
- An only single online application has to be submitted by the candidate to the
Employment Notice for the notified post through the link provided on the official website.
- The entire recruitment process shall involve a Computer Based Test (CBT),
Physical Efficiency Test (PET) & Physical Measurement Test (PMT) and
Document Verification (DV).
- The date, time and venue for all the activities, namely, CBT, PET, PMT, and DV or any other additional activity, as applicable, shall be fixed by CRC and shall be intimated in due course. Moreover, Request for postponement of any of the above activity or for a change of venue, date, and shift will not be entertained under any circumstances.
Computer Based Test(CBT):
- CBT shall be held at different centres across the country simultaneously for
all the Groups.
- Candidates shall have various language options for Computer Based Test
(CBT) out of which they shall have to opt for anyone.
- The standard of the examination will be 10th/Matric level.
- Candidates will be required to answer all questions and shall be awarded 01(one) mark for each correct answer. Negative marks shall be awarded for every wrong answer. 1/3 marks shall be deducted for every wrong answer. No mark shall be awarded or deducted for questions not attempted.
- Detailed instructions will be mentioned in the e-call letter for CBT regarding date, venue, reporting time, attendance, the capture of biometric details, seat allotment etc.
- It will be necessary to obtain 35% marks (30 % marks by SC and ST candidates) to qualify in the CBT.
- All the eligible candidates have to undergo a Computer Based Test on the specified date, time and venue as per the e-call letter to be downloaded by the candidates from the websites of Indian Railways. The information about the e-call letter download shall be communicated through the websites as well as personal email communication to the candidates.
Physical Efficiency Test(PET) & Physical Measurement Test(PMT):
Based on the merit of the candidates in the CBT, candidates will be called for PET and PMT. Passing Physical Efficiency Test (PET) is mandatory and the same will be qualifying in nature. No marks are to be awarded. The criteria for PET is as under:
|Category||1600 Mtr. Run||800 Mtr. Run||Long Jump||High Jump|
|Constable(Male)||5.45 min||–||14 feet||4 feet|
|Constable(Female)||–||3.40 min||9 feet||3 feet|
How To Apply:
- Enter your information and then submit for registration. Before submitting for registration, ensure and confirm that all the information furnished above are correct as the details furnished for registration cannot be changed later.
- On submitting the registration form, the registration number and password shall be displayed to the candidate. Also, OTPs (One Time Password) shall be sent to the registered mobile number and email along with the registration details. Moreover, The candidate should retrieve the OTPs from email and mobile and then log in to proceed with the filling up of application and to make payment.
- Importantly, the Candidate should note and preserve their registration number for later reference during the recruitment process.
- Then, the candidate must pay the application fee.
RPF/RPSF Recruitment 2020 Marking scheme
|Total Duration||90 min|
|No. of Questions||120|
|General Awareness||50 marks|
|General Intelligence and reasoning||35 marks|
RPF/RPSF Recruitment 2020 Syllabus
The syllabus for RPF/RPSF Recruitment 2020 is given below:
- General Awareness (50 marks): Questions will be aimed at testing the
candidate’s general awareness of the environment around him and its
application to society; to test knowledge of current events and such matters of everyday observations and experiences as may be expected of any educated person. The test will also include questions relating to Indian History, Art & Culture, Geography, Economics, General Polity, Indian Constitution, Sports, General Science etc.
- Arithmetic(35 marks): Questions on Number systems, whole numbers, decimal and fractions and relationships between numbers, fundamental arithmetical operations, percentages, ratio, and proportion, averages, interest, profit and loss, discount, use of table and graphs, mensuration, time and distance, ratio and proportion etc.
- General Intelligence & reasoning(35 marks): Questions on analogies,
similarities and differences, spatial visualization, spatial orientation, problem-solving analysis, judgment, decision making, visual memory, discriminating observation, relationship concepts, arithmetical reasoning, verbal and figure classification, arithmetic number series, non-verbal series, coding and decoding, statement conclusion, syllogistic reasoning etc.