RRB JE Exam Notification 2020
RRB JE Exam Notification 2020: The Railways Recruitment Board conducts the RRB JE Exam to recruit science and engineering backgrounds candidates to fill in the various technical posts in the Indian Railways.
The RRB JE Exam 2020 exam conducts for the following posts:
- Junior Engineer (JE)
- Junior Engineer (IT)
- Depot Material Superintendent (DMS)
- Chemical and Metallurgical Assistant (CMA)
You should note that the official RRB JE Exam notification 2020 is not announced yet.
In this article, you will get the complete guide on RRB JE Exam Notification 2020.
So you will become more aware about the exam and boost your exam preparation.
RRB JE Exam Notification 2020
Railway Recruitment Board conducts the RRB JE Exam Every year to fill Junior Engineer Posts. You can visit the official RRB website to register for the exam and other RRB JE Recruitment details.
Before starting the complete guide, let’s have a glance at the overview and important dates for the exam:
RRB JE Notification 2020 Highlights
|Name of the Organization||Railway Recruitment Board|
|Name of the Exam||RRB JE (Junior Engineer)|
|Job Role||Junior Engineer, Junior Engineer Information Technology, Depot Material Superintendent (DMS) & Chemical and Metallurgical Assistant (CMA)|
|Job Location||Across India|
|Total Number of Vacancy||15000+|
|Educational Qualification||12th (+2 Stage) / Any Graduates|
|Age Limit||18 to 33 Years|
|Selection for RRB NTPC||Stage 1|
RRB JE Vacancy Details
|Posts Name Name||Vacancies Detail|
|Junior Engineer (IT)||49|
|Depot material superintendent (DMS)||456|
|Chemical & Metallurgical Assistant (CMA)||494|
|Total vacancies||14033 Posts|
RRB JE Eligibility
Before applying for the RRB JE Exam 2020, you must keep in mind that you have met following RRB JE Eligibility Criteria:
- Nationality / Citizenship: You must be nationals of India, Nepal, Bhutan.
- Age: You must be between the age group of 18 years to 30 years.
- Education: You must have a Bachelor’s degree in Engineering from a recognized university.
- Medical Examination: You should pass certain medical standards as prescribed by the RRB
Branch-wise Education Qualification for RRB JE Recruitment
Here is the educational qualification required as per RRB JE Notification 2020 to apply for RRB JE depending upon the branch chosen:
- Junior Engineer- Diploma/Degree in Engineering or relevant stream
- Junior Engineer IT- PGDCA/B.Sc. (Computer Science)/ BCA/ B.Tech (IT)/ B.Tech (Computer Science)/ DOEACC B level course of 3 years duration or equivalent from recognized university/institute
- DMS- Diploma/ Degree in Engineering from any discipline
- CMA- B.Sc. in Physics/ Chemistry with minimum 55% marks
RRB JE Exam Dates
The Railway Recruitment Board has published the RRB JE Exam Dates for the year 2020. According to the exam calendar, the Exams are scheduled to tentatively begin between April and May 2020.
The details of the RRB JE 2020 Important Dates are given below:
|Railway Junior Exam Events||Dates (Tentative)|
|Official Notification Publishing Date:||December 2019|
|RRB JE online registration begins:||02 January 2020|
|RRB JE online registration ends:||31 January 2020|
|Online payment last date:||05 February 2020|
|Last date for submission of applications:||07 February 2020|
|SBI or Post office Bank challan Online payment last date:||4 February 2020|
|JE, JE( IT), DMS, CMA Exam Date:||Update Soon|
RRB JE Syllabus
You will find various subjects in RRB JE Syllabus. The subjects are different in both the stages of the CBT.
The syllabus for CBT Stage – I are as follows:
- General Awareness
- General Intelligence and Reasoning
- General Science
- General Awareness
The syllabus for CBT Stage – II are as follows:
- Physics & Chemistry
- General Awareness
- Basics of Computer and Applications
- Technical Knowledge
- Environment and Pollution Control
RRB JE Exam Pattern
You will get the multiple stages in RRB JE Exam. You must pass both the first two stages in order to appear for the Document Verification/Medical Examination stage.
If you unable to pass any one stage then you will not pass the RRB JE Recruitment process.
You have to face the following stages of the RRB JE Exam Pattern:
- CBT Stage – I
- CBT Stage – II
- Document Verification / Medical Examination
CBT Stage – I Exam pattern
Here are the important details about the exam pattern for RRB JE Stage 1:
- There are a total of 100 questions each carrying one mark.
- This exam is marked negatively for each incorrect answer.
- Candidates lose 1/3 mark or -0.33 mark for each incorrect submission.
- There are 4 sections containing a different number of questions.
- The normalized score qualifies candidates for the CBT Stage 2 for RRB JE.
|Subjects||Number of questions||Maximum marks|
|General Intelligence and Reasoning||25||25|
The minimum passing marks (percentage) for each category are mentioned below:
- General category candidates must score 40% (40 marks) to qualify to Stage 2
- OBC and SC candidates have to score at least 30% (30 marks) in Stage 1 to qualify for Stage 2
- ST candidates must score 25% (25 marks) in Stage 1 to move to Stage 2.
CBT Stage –II Exam Pattern
RRB JE Recruitment Stage 2 exam is also conducted in online mode. Given below are the details about the exam pattern for RRB JE:
- The total number of questions in Stage 2 is 150.
- There are 5 sections in this stage containing a different number of questions.
- Candidates can qualify for Stage 2 on the basis of normalized scores in Stage 1.
- Each question in the exam carries 1 mark which means the candidate can score a maximum of 150 marks.
- There is a negative marking of -1/3 mark for each incorrect answer.
- Students will be provided with a virtual calculator on their screen in the Stage 2 exam.
|Subjects||Number of questions||Maximum marks|
|Physics and Chemistry||15||15|
|Basics of Computer and Applications||10||10|
|Basic of Environment and Pollution Control||10||10|
The minimum marks required to qualify RRB JE Stage 2 are as follows:
- Candidates belonging to general or unreserved category must score 40% (60 marks) in Stage 2.
- OBC and SC candidates must obtain at least 30% (45 marks) in Stage 2 to qualify the RRB JE Recruitment
- Candidates belonging to ST category have to score 25% (37.50 marks) to clear Stage 2.
RRB JE Application Form
You should know that you can fill the RRB JE Application Form online from the official website.
Here you can find the step by step process to fill the online RRB JE Application Form.
- You have to go to the official website, i.e., http://www.rrbcdg.gov.in/, and click on Apply online to fill the registration page.
- Here you have to enter your personal details, email ID, and mobile number.
- After completion of registration, you will find a system generated application number in your email Id and mobile number.
- Now you have to login again and select your subject, position, and preferred exam center.
- In this step, you need to upload your photograph and signature in the specified format.
- Now you have to pay the application fee either through debit card/ credit card/ net banking or paytm
- In the final step, you have to download four copies of filled in application form and e-receipt of fee payment for further reference.
RRB JE Preparation
You should know that RRB JE Exam is neither easier on nor tougher. With right study plan and exam preparation materials, you can easily crack the exam.
Before starting the preparation for RRB JE Exam, you should have below study materials along with syllabus and exam pattern.
The strategy for RRB JEC exam preparation is given in brief below:
- You should check the RRB JE Eligibility Criteria
- You should know the latest syllabus and RRB JE Exam Pattern properly
- You should have a clear concept on the various topics in the RRB JE exam
- You should create a study plan based on the latest syllabus and cover all topics before the exam.
RRB JE Zone wise Exam Center 2020:
|Ahmedabad Zone||Gujarat||Ahmedabad, Anand, Bharuch, Bhavnagar, Bhuj, Dadra, Gandhinagar, Godhra, Himatnagar, Jamnagar, Junagadh, Mehsana, Nadiad, Navsarim, Rajkot, Silvassa,Surat, Surendranagar, Vadodara, Valsad, Vapi|
|Ajmer Zone||Rajashtan||Abu Road, Ajmer, Alwar, Bharatpur, Bhilwara, Bikaner,Chittogarh, Dungarpur, Hanumangarh, Jaipur, Jhunjhunu,Jodhpur, Kota, Pali Marwar, Sikar, Sriganagnagar, Tonk,Udaipur|
|Allahabad Zone||Uttar Pradesh||Agra, Aligarh, Allahabad, Amroha, Banda, Barabanki, Bareilly, Bulandshahr, Faizaabad, Gonda, Gorakhpur, Jhansi, Kanpur, Kaushambi, Lucknow, Sitapur, Sultanpur, Varanasi|
|Bangalore Zone||Karnataka||Bagalkot, Belgaum, Bellary, Bijapur, Chikballapur,Chikmagalpur, Davanagre, Dharwad, Gadag, Gulbarg,Hassan, Hubli, Kolar, Mangalore, Mysore, Puttur, Shimoga,Surathkal, Tumkur, Udupi, Uttara, Kannada|
|Bhopal Zone||Madhya Pradesh||Bhopal, Gwalior, Indore, Jabalpur, Rewa, Sagar, Satna,Ujjain|
|Bhubaneshwar Zone||Odisha||Angul, Balasore, Bargarh, Bhubaneswar, Baripada,Berhampur- Ganjam, Cuttack, Dhenkanal, Jeypore,Jharsuguda, Khurda, Rayagada, Rourkela, Sambalpur|
|Bilaspur Zone||Chhattisgarh||Bilaspur, Durg, Bhilai, Nagpur, Raipur|
|Chennai Zone||TamilNadu||Chennai, Coimbatore, Cuddalore, Kanyakumari, Krishnagiri, Madurai, Namakkal, Salem, Thanjavur, Thoothukudi, Tiruchirapalli, Tiruvannamalai, Vellore, Villupuram, Virudhunagar|
|Gorakhpur Zone||Haryana||Ambala, Bahadurgarh, Gurgaon, Hisar, Jhajjar, Jind,Kaithal, Karnal, Kurukshetra, Mohindergarh, Panchkula,Panipat, Rewari, Rohtak, Sirsa, Sonipat, Yamuna Nagar|
|Guwahati Zone||Assam||Dibrugarh, Guwahati, Johrat, Kokrajhar, Silchar, Tezpur|
|Jammu & Kashmir, and Srinagar Zone||Srinagar||Anantag, Awantipora, Baramulla, Jammu, Kathau,Pulwama, Samba, Srinagar, Udhampur|
|Kolkata Zone||West Bangal||, Kolkata, Greater Kolkata,|
|Malda Zone||West Bangal||Malda|
|Mumbai Zone||Maharashtra||Ahmednagar, Akola, Amaravati, Aurangabad, Beed,Bhandara, Buladena, Chandrapur, Dhule, Ghadchiroli,Gondia, Jalgaon, Latur, Madgaon, Mumbai, Nagpur,Nandurbar, Nashik, Navi Mumbai, Pandharpur, Parbhani,Pimpri, Chinchwad, Pune, Raigad, Ratnagiri, Sangamner,Sangli, Satara, Solapur, Sindhudurg, Thane, Wardha,Washim, Yavatmal|
|Patna Zone||Bihar||Arrah, Aurangabad, Bhagalpur, Bihar Sharif, Darbhanga,Gaya, Hajipur, Muzaffarpur, Patna, Purnea, Samastipur,Siwan|
|Ranchi Zone||Jharkhand||Bokaro, Dhanbad, Hazaribagh, Jamshedpur, Ranchi|
|Secunderabad Zone||Telangana||Hyderabad, Karimnagar, Khammam, Kodad, Mahabubnagar, Nalgonda, Nizamabad, Ranga, Reddy, Secunderabad, Siddipet, Warangal|
|Siliguri Zone||West Bangal||Siliguri|
|Thiruvananthapuram Zone||Kerala||Alappuzha, Ernakulam, Idukki, Kannur, Kasaragod,Kollam, Kottayam, Kozikhode, Malappuram, Palakkad,Pathanamthitta, Thrissur, Trivandrum|
RRB JE 2020 Cutoff
The qualifying marks to clear RRB JE 2020 Exam is different based on the category of the candidates.
You can check the category-wise RRB JE Cut Off marks from the table as given below:
RRB JE CBT 2 exam has commenced from 28th August 2019. Get to know the RRB JE CBT 2 expected cut off for the Civil branch here –
|RRB JE CBT 2 Expected Cut Off – Civil|
|Gen||98 – 105|
|OBC||95 – 98|
|SC||88 – 90|
|ST||82 – 85|
RRB JE Selection Process
RRB JE Selection Process has involved 4 stages. You have to pass all stages for final selection. RRB Stages are:
- RRB JE Stage 1 exam (Online test)
- RRB JE Stage 2 exam (Online Test)
- Document Verification
- Medical Checkup
RRB JE Salary and Job Profile
You will get a better salary structure after appointed as a Junior Engineer in Indian Railway. You will also get various additional benefits.
For example, the career growth and promotion of RRB JE (Works) are mentioned below.
- Junior Engineer
- Senior Section Engineer
- Assistant Divisional Engineer(Gaz.) (AEN)
- Divisional Engineer(DEN).
- Senior Divisional Engineer (Sr. DEN).
|Component||Class A Cities||Class B Cities||Class C Cities|
|Dearness Allowance (125% of Basic)||16,875||16,875||16,875|
|House Rent Allowance||4050 (30% of Basic)||2,700 (20% of Basic)||1,350 (10% of Basic)|
|Salary In Hand||38,425||37,075||35,725|
Other Allowances depend on various conditions and hence cannot be stated uniformly. Other major allowances include:
- DA on Total Pay (listed above).
- Transport Allowance.
House Rent Allowance (if not provided with quarters)
- Deductions from RRB Junior Engineer Salary include 10% of total Pay towards New Pension Scheme.
Region-Wise RRB JE Official Sites 2020
Here you can check the list of Region-wise RRB JE Official Sites 2020.
|RRB’s Region Name||Official Websites (rrbonlinegov.in)|
|RRB Jammu and Srinagar||www.rrbjammu.nic.in|
We have covered the detailed guide on RRB JE Exam Notification 2020. Feel free to ask us any questions in the comment section below.