SET 2020 Exam Day Checklist: Things to Remember on Exam Day
Check out important SET 2020 exam day guidelines and important points to remember and follow on the exam day.
Symbiosis Entrance Test (SET) is conducted in computer-based test mode across 80 cities in India. SET A has been conducted on June 18 and June 19 and SET B will be conducted on July 19, 2020. Candidates must have already started to prepare for SET exam. Before students appear for the exam, it is really important for them to understand the rules and regulations for the exam day. In this article, we will share some important dos and don’ts that you must keep in your mind for SET 2020.
SET Online Proctored Exam: Exam Day Guidelines
Due to the lockdown because of the Coronavirus pandemic, Symbiosis International University decided to conduct the SET exam in two phases. SET A was conducted in online proctored mode using Human Proctoring and AI and SET B will be conducted in Computer-Based Test mode. Applicants can take SET A exam from the safe environment of their homes. Check the exam day guidelines for the online proctored exam below.
- Candidates must use a laptop or desktop with working internet and good internet speed. The system should also have a webcam.
- The laptop must be connected to an uninterrupted power source throughout the exam
- The system must have upto 100 MB of free space
- The applicant must sit in a well-lit area where the face of the applicant is clearly visible
- Wear smart casuals or formals
- Candidates must not use any electronic gadgets except the mobile which has the registered mobile number
- Candidates cannot leave their seats until the exam has been completed
- No other application window or web page should be opened during the exam
- No breaks will be allowed during the exam
- Disturbing the webcam will auto-submit the exam
Dos and Don’ts on SET Exam Day
Look at the table below to know some of the dos and don’ts to be kept in mind on the SET exam day.
|Sit in a well-lit area||Do not use electronic gadgets such as a calculator, iPad, etc.|
|Fulfill the IT infrastructure requirements needed to take the test||Do not disturb the web-cam as it will auto-submit the exam|
|Wear formals or smart casuals||There should be no disturbance in the background|
|Be seated throughout the exam||Do not open any other web page or application window during the exam|
SET 2020: Exam Day Checklist
- SET Admit Card: SET admit card is the most important document that must be carried to the exam centre. Candidates appearing for SET 2020 must take a print out of the SET admit card at least a day before the exam date. Please Note: Candidates must carry a coloured copy of the SET admit card as B/W admit cards will not be accepted. The admit card must be printed on an A4 size paper such that the candidates’ photos are clearly visible. SET admit cards will be available for download on the official SET website. The admit card is also an important document needed for the verification process. Candidates who are appearing for two sessions must carry two different admit cards with themselves to the exam centre.
- SET Exam Centre: Candidates are expected to reach the exam centre at least two hours before the commencement of the exam. Reaching two hours prior will help in completing the verification process quickly and easily. Candidates from another city must check the location of the exam centre a day before the exam. Candidates who are appearing for the morning session of SET 2020 must note that they will not be allowed to enter the exam hall after 9:15 AM and similarly candidates appearing for the afternoon session will not be allowed in the exam centre after 2:15 PM.
- ID Proof: Candidates must carry a valid photo ID proof issued by the Government of India such as Aadhar card, PAN card, Voter Id, Passport and Driving license for the verification process. They must carry the original ID proof and no photocopy or scanned copy will be accepted. The photo of the candidate on the ID proof should be clearly visible and should match the photo on the SETadmit card.
- Stay Calm: The most important guideline for the SET exam day is staying calm and confident throughout. A calm mind will help you tackle the questions easily and score well in SET 2002. Read the instructions given on the SET question paper calmy and carefully before attempting the exam.
Dos and Don’ts on SET Exam Day
Take a look at the table below to know some of the dos and don’ts to be kept in mind on the SET exam day.
|Carry a simple blue or black ballpoint pen||Do not carry any electronic gadgets like mobile phones, calculators, cameras, etc.|
|Candidates will be given a rough sheet for calculations. They have to write their names and seat number on the sheet and after completing the exam, it has to be submitted to the invigilator||Any guardian, parent or relative accompanying the candidate will not be allowed inside the exam hall.|
|Candidates must make their own travel and stay arrangements for attending the tests||Candidates will not get any facility of safekeeping their personal belongings, bag, etc. inside or outside the hall.|
|Candidates must not carry any paper or cheating material with them to the exam hall.|
Follow the above guidelines and avoid making minor mistakes on SET exam day.