TAMIL NADU COMMON ENTRANCE TEST
TANCET 2020 Application Form, Eligibility, Pattern, Syllabus
TANCET is conducted for admitting students in MBA, MCA and M.E. /M.Tech / M.Arch /M.Planning programs offered by colleges in the state of Tamil Nadu. Candidates can apply for the exam through online mode and the tentative date for the availability of application form for exam is first week of April 2020.
- Application Forms will be available from first to the fourth week of April 2020 (tentative dates)
- The tentative date for the conduction of exam in May 2020
- Candidates will be given admission based on the cutoff released by participating colleges. Check Cutoff
- TANCET is a 120 minutes long test conducted in an offline mode having 100 multiple-choice questions. Check TRANSIT Exam Pattern
- Anna University releases 3 separate TANCET Rank List viz. GATE Category Rank List, TANCET Category and Sponsored Category.
TANCET 2020 Highlights
|TANCET Full Name||Tamil Nadu Common Entrance Test|
|Conducting Body||Anna University|
|Mode of Application||Online|
|Mode of Exam||Pen and Paper Based|
|Duration of Exam||2 hours|
|Courses Offered||MBA, MCA, M.E., M.Tech, M.Arch and M.Plan|
|Number of Colleges||466+|
|TANCET Help Desk||011 2220 0303|
TANCET Application Form 2020
Application form will be available tentatively from first week of April till fourth week of April, 2020.
TANCET 2020 Application Form will available at annauniv.org and candidates can apply online.
The application fee is INR 500 for General Category and INR 250/- for SC/ST (who belong to Tamil Nadu). Possession of a Bachelor’s Degree with at least 50% marks is essential to register.
Candidates can register themselves at TANCET Official Website before the registration window closes. TANCET 2020 Registration can only be done in online mode by following the below steps:
- Visit the website of Anna University i.e. annauniv.edu/
- Click on ‘TANCET 2020 Registration’
- Enter your Name, Date of Birth, Email ID, and Password to generate id and password
- Re-login to fill TANCET Application Form 2020
- Upload a recent colored passport size photograph.
- Pay application fee as per category
- Post submission of the form, an application number will be auto-generated by the system
TANCET 2020: Application Fee
Candidates can apply for more than one course but in such cases, they have to pay for each added course. The payment can be made in a single demand draft for more than one program. The fee structure is summed up in the table below:
|Name of the Category||Fee|
|SC/SCA/ST (candidates who belong to Tamil Nadu)||INR 250|
|Fees Charged for more than one program|
|SC/SCA/ST (candidates who belong to Tamil Nadu)||INR 250|
TANCET 2020 Exam Dates
All exam related events and dates are mentioned below. Make sure you do not miss upon any of these:
|TANCET Exam Date 2020 (tentative)|| MCA – May, 2020|
MBA – May, 2020
M.E. /M.Tech. /M.Arch. / M.Plan. – May, 2020
|Declaration of TANCET 2020 Result||first week of June, 2020|
|Commencement of TANCET MBA Counselling 2020||July, 2020|
|Commencement of TANCA Counselling||July, 2020|
Top Colleges Accepting TANCET 2020 Score
Here, the list of top 7 colleges for MBA, MCA and M.E/M.Tech/M.Arch/M.Planning:
|For MBA||For MCA||For Engineering and Technology|
|Anna University, Chennai||S Abdur Rahman Crescent Engineering College, Taluk||SRM University, Chennai|
|PSG Institute of Management, Coimbatore||M.S. College of Engineering, Avadi||Thiagarajar College of Engineering, Madurai|
|Thiagarajar School of Management, Thirupparankundram||Madha Engineering College, Kancheepuram||PSG College of Technology, Coimbatore|
|Sona School of Management, Salem||PSG College of Technology, Coimbatore||SSN College of Engineering, Kalavakkam|
|Bannari Amman Institute of Technology, Erode||Thiagarajar College of Engineering, Madurai||Kumaraguru College of Technology, Coimbatore|
|MOP Vaishnav College for Women, Chennai||Sree Narayana Guru College, Coimbatore||RMK Engineering College, Tiruvallur|
|Builders Engineering College, Tirupur||Kumaraguru College of Technology, Saravanampatty||Mepco Schlenk Engineering College, Sivakasi|
TANCET 2020 Eligibility Criteria
Anna University has ruled out certain eligibility conditions for candidates registering for TANCET 2020. These must be fulfilled by the candidate in order to sit for the exam.
- Candidates who have completed or are in their final year of Graduation from a recognized university can apply.
- Masters in any discipline of science is also accepted.
- Candidates who have passed 10+2 or possess a 10+3 years diploma certificate from the State Board of Technical Education are eligible.
- Candidates with a valid GATE Score with qualifying marks in relevant discipline of Engineering /Technology, need not appear for TANCET.
- Candidates who have a valid GATE score with qualifying marks in Engineering Science (XE) and Life Science (XL), have to appear for TANCET 2020.
The pass percentage is determined on the basis of candidate’s category. Read it below:
|Name of the category||Pass Percentage|
Candidates from the other states excluding Tamil Nadu can also apply for the entrance. However, the eligibility will be determined by the respective authorities.
List of TANCET 2020 Exam Center
- TANCET 2020 was held across 15 cities in Tamil Nadu.
- Aspirants can choose one exam center at the time of TANCET 2020 Registration.
- Candidates may be allotted another exam center other than the one chosen, in case there is no seats available in the preferred one.
The list of TANCET 2020 exam centers is displayed below:
TANCET 2020 Exam Pattern
TANCET exam will be conducted in the month of May, 2020
While the paper pattern for all courses is similar, the syllabus for MBA, ME, MCA is different. A brief about the same is listed below:
- TANCET 2020 will be conducted in offline mode (pen and paper-based).
- It consists of 100 MCQ questions.
- The medium of the paper is English.
- The duration of the exam is 2 hours.
- Question paper for programs like M.Tech/ME/M.Arch and M.Plan are segregated into 3 sections.
- Against every correct answer, +1 mark is allotted and for every incorrect answer, -1/3 mark is subtracted. No marks are allotted for un-attempted questions. Aspirants can score a maximum of 100 marks.
TANCET Syllabus 2020
TANCET 2020 Syllabus is different for all the 3 papers. Candidates must be through with basic verbal and logical reasoning questions. Arithmetic questions will be based on 10+2 syllabus. The details are elaborated underneath:
TANCET Syllabus for MBA 2020
|Verbal Ability||Quantitative Aptitude||Data Interpretation||Logical Reasoning|
|Synonyms & Antonyms||Algebra||Bar Graph||Syllogisms and Puzzles|
|Idioms & Proverbs||Arithmetic||Line Graph||Blood Relations|
|Grammar||Geometry||Pie Charts||Coding Decoding|
|Fill in the blanks||Trigonometry||Histogram||Sequence & Series|
|Phrasal verb||Mensuration||Percentage based questions||Decision Making|
|Sentence corrections||Number System||Equivalence based questions||Binary Logic|
|Reading Comprehension||Probability & Statistics||Ratio based questions||Linear and Circular Arrangements|
|Vocabulary questions||Modern Mathematics||Analogies||Computer based questions|
TANCET Syllabus for MCA
|Computer Awareness||Quantitative Aptitude||Analytical and Logical Reasoning|
|Computer Hardware||Algebra||Linear and Circular Arrangements|
|Controls & Memory||Arithmetic||Binary Logic|
|History of Computer & Basic Terminology||Geometry||Coding Decoding|
|Internet & Protocols||Trigonometry||Sequence & Series|
|Network Basics & Shortcuts||Mensuration||Syllogisms and Puzzles|
|Computer Abbreviations & Computer Architecture||Number System||Blood Relations|
|Security Tools||Probability & Statistics||Direction Sense|
|Computer Organization & Input Output tools||Modern Mathematics||Decision Making|
|Languages and Algorithms||TSD & TW||Analogies|
TANCET Syllabus for M.Tech/M.E/M.Arch/M.Plan 2020
|Part 1: Engineering Mathematics||Part 2: Basic Engineering and Sciences||Part 3: Subject Related|
|Calculus||Physics||Aeronautical & Aerospace Engineering|
|Transforms||Chemistry||Agriculture & Irrigation Engineering|
|Functions of Complex Variables and Complex Integration||Applied Mechanics||Architecture|
|Applied Probability||Material Science||Automobile Engineering|
|Determinants and Matrices||Mechanical Engineering||Bio-Medical Engineering|
|Vector Calculus||Civil Engineering||Biotechnology|
|Numerical Methods||Electrical Engineering||Chemical Engineering|
|Differential Equations||Computers||Civil Engineering|
Best Books Recommended for TANCET 2020
Aspirants are suggested to follow the below-mentioned books besides reference books and online study material for boosting up their preparation for TANCET 2020:
|Name of the Program||Name of the Book||Author/Publisher||ISBN|
|Engineering and Science Stream||TANCET (M.Tech/M.E/M.Arch/M.Plan)||V.V.K.Subburaj||978-8172543693|
|TANCET MCA Superior Guide||Sakthi Publishing House||978-9385078231|
|TANCET MCA (Anna University)||V.V.K.Subburaj||978-8172542399|
|MBA||TANCET MBA (Anna University)||S.Chand (G/L) & Company Limited||978-8172543020|
| TANCET MBA Superior Guide|| Sakthi Publishing House||978-9385078224|
TANCET Sample Papers 2020
Candidates are suggested to solve as many sample & practice papers as possible. This will help in getting themselves accustomed to the exam pattern and repetitive questions. Here are few sample papers for candidates to refer to:
|TANCET MBA||Download Here|
|Civil Engineering||Download Here|
|Engineering Mathematics||Download Here|
|Computer Science & Engineering||Download Here|
|Basic Engineering & Sciences||Download Here|
|TANCET MCA||Download Here|
TANCET 2020 Admit Card
TANCET admit card will be tentatively released in the month of May, 2020.
Candidates can download TANCET 2020 Hall Ticket from the official website of Anna University. No admit cards are sent via email or post.
How to Download TANCET Admit Card?
- Visit the official website i.e.annauniv.edu
- Click the link ‘Download TANCET 2020 Hall Ticket
- Enter User ID and Password
- Download TANCET Admit Card for further reference
The discrepancy in TANCET 2020 Hall Ticket
In case of any misinformation mentioned on TANCET 2020 Admit Card, you may contact the officials at
Number- 2220 0303
TANCET Admit Card 2020 Los
If the hall ticket is lost after the test, a duplicate hall ticket can be obtained on payment of INR 100/- in the form of a Demand Draft, with a written request to The Secretary, TANCET, Anna University, Chennai – 600025, indicating the Registration No. / Application No. and the name of the Examination Centre.
TANCET 2020 Result
Tentative Date of declaration of result is first week of June, 2020
- TANCET 2020 Result will be declared at the official website.
- TANCET 2020 Scorecard should be downloaded within ten days post declaration of the result.
How to Check TANCET Result 2020?
Aspirants should go through the steps given below to download the result:
- Visit the website annauniv.edu
- Click on ‘TANCET 2020 Result’
- Login option will automatically appear on your computer screen
- Enter the e-mail ID and password
- Click on the log in tab
The category and program wise TANCET 2020 Cut off will be published on the university website post exam result. The cut off marks will decide if an aspirant is eligible for admission or not. The result or rank list will be prepared on the cut off marks declared by the university.
Check the expected TANCET 2020 cut off marks below:
|CATEGORY||EXPECTED TANCET CUT OFF 2020|
TANCET 2020 Counselling
Tentative Date of TANCET 2020 MBA Counselling- July, 2020
Tentative Date of TANCA 2020 Counselling- July, 2020
Candidates have to download the call letters and physically visit the center as per their rank.
GATE qualified can participate directly in TANCA 2020 Counselling. The counselling forms will be available at tanca.annauniv.edu. Candidates must have acquired the minimum eligible marks category-wise to be a part of the counselling procedure:
|Category||Minimum Eligible Marks|
|BC/BCM/MBC&DNC/SC/SCA/ST candidates of Tamil Nadu||45%|