STATE LEVEL OFFLINE TEST-
UPTET 2019 Registration (Open), Eligibility, Exam Date, Syllabus, Pattern
UPTET 2019 Resigration Process has begun. Aspirants can apply online for the exam by filling UPTET Application Form at the official website from November 1, 2019 to November 20, 2019. UPTET 2019 will be conducted by Uttar Pradesh Basic Education Board (UPBEB). The exam is held once in a year to recruit primary (classes I to V) and upper primary (classes VI to VIII) level teachers in the schools of Uttar Pradesh.UPTET 2019 is scheduled on December 22, 2019. यू.पी.टी.ई.टी के बारे में हिंदी में पढ़ें
- UPBEB released Official UPTET 2019 Notification PDF on October 31, 2019.
- The last date to register for the exam is November 20, 2019. However the already registered candidates can pay the Registration fee latest by November 21, 2019.
- Candidates must possess a graduate degree and relevant teacher training diploma to satisfy UPTET Eligibility Criteria
- UPTET Exam Pattern consists of two papers – Paper I (for primary teachers) and Paper II (for upper primary teachers). Those who want to apply for both the levels will have to appear in both Paper 1 and Paper 2.
- UPTET Syllabus includes Child Development and Teaching Methodology, Language 1 and 2, Mathematics, Environmental studies, Science and Social studies.
- Candidates who successfully register for the test will be issued the admit card on December 12, 2019.
- Qualifying candidates will be awarded UPTET Eligibility Certificate which is valid for 5 years. Check UPTET Cutoff
UPTET 2019 Highlights
The key points about UPTET 2019 exam are highlighted below:
|Exam Name||Uttar Pradesh Teacher Eligibility Test|
|Conducting Body||Uttar Pradesh Basic Education Board (UPBEB)|
|Exam Level||State Level|
|Mode of Application||Online|
| Eligibility Criteria||Graduation and Teacher training diploma|
|Purpose of Exam||Issue of Eligibility Certificate|
UPTET 2019 Exam Dates
UPBEB has announced Official UPTET 2019 Exam Dates as mentioned below:
|Release of UPTET 2019 Official Notification||October 31, 2019|
|UPTET 2019 Registration began on||November 1, 2019|
|Last day to fill UPTET Application Form 2019||November 20, 2019|
|Last day to pay UPTET Application Fees||November 21, 2019|
|Issue of UPTET Admit Card 2019||December 12, 2019|
|UPTET 2019 Exam Date||December 22, 2019|
|Release of UPTET 2019 Result||January 21, 2020|
UPTET Eligibility Criteria 2019
UPTET has two sets of applicants – Applicants for Primary Teachers (Classes 1 to 5) and Applicants for Upper Primary Teachers (Classes 6 to 8). UPTET Eligibility Criteria for both of them are different.
UPTET Qualification for Primary Teachers
- Bachelor’s degree with minimum 50% marks from a recognized university & 2 years Diploma (D.Ed) from N.C.T.E/ Rehabilitation Council of India (RCI). OR
- Bachelor’s degree & 2 years B.T.C., C.T. (Nursery)/ Nursery Teacher Training (NTT) OR
- Bachelor’s degree & qualification in Special B.T.C. Training OR
- Bachelor’s degree with 2 years & BCT Urdu special training in Uttar Pradesh OR
- Bachelor’s degree and Diploma in Teaching from Aligarh Muslim University (For Urdu Teacher) or Moallim-E-Urdu Degree before 11-08-1997
UPTET Qualification for Upper Primary Teachers
- Bachelor’s degree & B.T.C from National Council for Teacher Education (NCTE) approved institute OR
- Bachelor’s degree with minimum 50% marks & B.Ed/ B.Ed Special Education from Rehabilitation Council of India (RCI) OR
- Intermediate (10+2) with minimum 50% marks & 4 year B.A/ B.S.C.Ed/ B.A.Ed from N.C.T.E./ U.G.C recognized institute OR
- Intermediate (10+2) with minimum 50% marks & 4 year Degree (B.El.Ed) in Primary Education OR
- Bachelor’s degree with minimum 45% & B.Ed degree
UPTET Age Limit
The age of the applicant must be between 18 Years and 35 Years. Candidates who belong to reserved categories would be given age relaxation as per the norms prescribed by the government.
|General/ EWS||18-35 Years|
|SC/ ST||18-40 Years|
How to Apply for UPTET 2019?
UPTET 2019 Application Forms are available from November 1 – 20, 2019. It will have to be filled in online mode only. The application form for UPTET 2019 can be filled in by following the given steps:
Step 1 – Online Registration
- Aspirants of UPTET must register themselves on the official website of UPBEB i.e. updeled.gov.in.
- During registration Columns that are marked with ‘*’, cannot be left blank.
- Fill in the important details such as Name, educational qualifications, personal details and Other details asked in the online form.
- It is mandatory to select the district in UPTET Registration form, where candidate wants to appear for the exam.
- Applicant should have latest scanned photograph and signature.
Step 2 – UPTET Application Fee Payment
- Payment of fees is done after UPTET Registration is done.
- The fee has to be paid through online mode only.
- Online options include Debit and Credit Cards of various banks.
- UPTET 2019 Application Fee has been revised for candidates from different categories:
|Category||Paper 1 or Paper 2||Paper 1 and Paper 2|
|General/ EWS/ OBC||INR 600||INR 1200|
|SC/ ST||INR 400||INR 800|
|PwD||INR 100||INR 200|
Step 3 – Fill UPTET Application Form
- After the payment of UPTET Fee, complete the TET Online Form and mention the Registration Number and Date of Birth.
- Indicate your preferred exam centers and complete the form.
- Review and submit the UPTET Form.
Step 4 – Upload Photo and Signature
- Once the fee is paid, upload all the necessary documents online.
- These documents include candidate’s recent colored photograph and signature.
- Scanned documents should be in .png/ .jpg/ .jpeg formats.
- Photograph size: less than 20 Kbs (width 3.5 cm and height 4.5 cm)
- Signature size: less than 10 Kbs (width 4.5 cm and heght 2.5 cm)
UPTET 2019 Admit Card
UPBEB will issue UPTET Admit Card on December 12, 2019. It will be available in online mode only at the official website of UPTET. Candidates have to login at updeled.gov.in with their registration number and password and download the admit card.
Steps to Download UPTET 2019 Admit Card:
- Visit the official website of UPTET
- Click on UPTET Admit Card link
- Provide all the necessary details- UPTET Registration Number and Password/ Date of Birth
- Click on Submit button
- UPTET Admit Card would appear on the screen
- Verify all the mentioned details and take its print out
Discrepancy in UPTET 2019 Admit Card
UPTET Admit Card is issued to only successfully registered and eligible candidates. The admit card contains details of the applicant and information regarding UPTET paper. The details mentioned on the UPTET Admit Card should be carefully verified for language of paper, exam center, date & time slot of exam, roll number and photo of the candidate. If any discrepancy is observed in the UPTET Admit Card, candidates should immediately contact the official authority.
UPTET 2019 Exam Pattern
UPTET 2019 will be conducted as two separate papers- Paper 1 and Paper 2. Paper 1 is conducted for candidates applying for appointment of teacher for class 1 to 5. Whereas, Paper 2 is conducted for appointment of teacher for class 6 to 8.
- Both Paper 1 and Paper 2 are conducted in offline mode.
- Paper 1 includes 5 subjects/sections and Paper 2 includes 4 subjects/sections.
- Duration of both the papers is 2.5 hrs (or 150 minutes)
- Objective type multiple choice questions are asked in the exam.
- 1 mark is awarded for each correct answer and there is no provision of negative marking in UPTET.
- There are 150 questions in both the papers and every question carries 4 options, out of which only 1 would be correct. Read UPTET Exam Pattern
Candidates can also apply for both the Papers. The level of questions varies according to the group, the candidate has applied for. The section wise division of each paper is given in the table below:
|UPTET Exam||Sections||Number of Questions||Total Marks|
|Paper 1||Child Development and Methodology and Pedagogy||30 Questions||30 Marks|
|Language 1 (Hindi)||30 Questions||30 Marks|
|2nd Language (Any one from English, Urdu & Sanskrit)||30 Questions||30 Marks|
|Mathematics||30 Questions||30 Marks|
|Environmental Studies||30 Questions||30 Marks|
|Total||5 sections||150 Questions||150 Marks|
|UPTET Exam||Sections||Number of Questions||Total Marks|
|Paper 2||Child Development, Learning & Pedagogy (Compulsory)||30 Questions||30 Marks|
|1st Language (Hindi)||30 Questions||30 Marks|
|2nd Language (Any one from English, Urdu & Sanskrit)||30 Questions||30 Marks|
|a. Mathematics & Science b. Social Studies/ Social Science||60 Questions||60 Marks|
|Total||4 sections||150 Questions||150 Marks|
UPTET Syllabus 2019
UPTET Syllabus is based on the two papers- Paper 1 and Paper 2. Both the papers are conducted to examine the capabilities of candidates to teach students of primary and upper primary level. UPTET Syllabus has remained similar over the years. Given below are some of the important topics covered in both the papers.
UPTET Syllabus for Paper 1
|Child Development and Teaching Methodology||Language 1 (Hindi)||Language 2 (English)||Mathematics||Environmental Science|
|Child development concept||Language Comprehension||Comprehension||Number system||Family and friends|
|Concept of Inclusive Education||Pedagogy of language development||Pedagogy of language development||Shapes and geometry||Food and nutrition|
|Learning and pedagogy||Fill in the blanks||Language skills||Data handling||Shelters|
|Understanding children with special needs||Antonyms and synonyms||Active and Passive||Measurements and units||Water, travel|
|–||Spotting error/ Sentence Correction||Knowledge of famous poetry of famous poets||Unitary Rule||Things we make and do|
|–||Idiom and Phrase||Singular and Plural||Percentage||Administration|
UPTET Syllabus for Paper 2
|Child Development, Learning and Pedagogy||Language 1 (Hindi)||Language 2||Mathematics/ Science B. Social Studies/ Social Science|
|Child development concept|| Unseen Passage|| Unseen Passage and comprehension||Science- Food & Materials, How things work, moving things, people and ideas, natural phenomenon and resources, the world of the living, pedagogy of science|
|The concept of inclusive learning and understanding language children with special needs|| Grammar|| Grammar skills||Social studies- history, geography, social and political life, economics and static GK, UP Related questions, social studies pedagogy|
| Learning and pedagogy|| Language Pedagogy|| Language Pedagogy|| Mathematics- Number system & simplification, percentage & ratio, time, work, speed &distance, algebra & mensuration, geometry, average, profit & loss, pedagogy of mathematics|
UPTET Preparation Books
Here are some of the most recommended books for Paper 1 of UPTET 2019:
|UPTET Paper 1 (Class I-V) Solved Papers||Vidya Prakashan Mandir Ltd|
|UPTET for Paper 1 Primary Level (Class I to V) Guide||Ramesh Publishing House|
|UPTET – Paper 1 class I – V (15 Practice Sets)||G.K. Publications Private Limited|
|15 Practice Sets UPTET Paper 1 (Class I-V)||Arihant Publications|
|UPTET Uttar Pradesh Sikshak Patrata Pariksha Paper 1 Practice Sets||Vidya Prakashan|
|UPTET Paper 2 Class VI – VIII (MATHS & Science) 15 Practice Sets||G.K. Publications Private Limited|
|UP-TET: Paper 2 Upper Primary Level for Social Studies Teachers Guide||Ramesh Publishing House|
|Guide UPTET Paper 2: Class VI – VIII Social Studies||G.K. Publications Private Limited|
|UPTET Paper 2 (Class VI-VIII) Vigyan & Ganit Chapertwise Solved Papers||Vidya Prakashan Mandir Ltd|
|UPTET Uttar Pradesh Shikshak Patrata Pariksha Paper 2||Arihant Publications|
UPTET 2019 Result
The result for UPTET 2019 will be declared on January 21, 2020. However, official UPTET Answer Key will be released in the first week of January 2020.
- The notification for the result will be published in the major newspapers of Uttar Pradesh.
- The result would be announced on the UPTET Website.
- Candidate can check their result by logging in with their roll number.
How to check UPTET Result 2019
The steps to check UPTET Result are:
- Visit the official UPTET website: updeled.gov.in
- Click on UPTET Result link.
- Enter the UPTET roll number.
- View the scores and save it for future use.
Candidates can get the copy of their UPTET OMR Sheet/Answer Sheet by paying fees through DD of INR 500/- per copy, drawn in favor of “Secretary, Examination Controller Officer” payable at Allahabad.
UPTET 2019 Cutoff
UP Basic Education Board releases cut off based on certain criteria defined within the board. The cut off as decided is as follows:
- Candidates belonging to the general category who score 60% (90/150 marks) of the total marks would be considered qualified for the UPTET Recruitment.
- Required qualifying score for reserved category candidates is 55% marks (83/150 marks).
- Candidates, who qualify UPTET, would be accorded UPTET eligibility certificate.
Apart from this, UP board also releases district wise cut off for UPTET. Click here to know UPTET 2019 Expected Cut Off for various districts
UPTET Eligibility Certificate
UPTET Eligibility Certificate is valid for 5 years. Eligibility Certificate can be taken from the district education board by providing a copy of UPTET Admit Card and Photo Identity Card.
- Those candidates who qualify in UPTET, and want to apply for the teaching post in schools of Uttar Pradesh, can apply by providing the eligibility certificate.
- Candidates can acquire second copy of the UPTET Eligibility Certificate by paying fees of INR 300 through DD (Demand Draft) payable drawn in favor of “Secretary, Examination Controller Officer” payable at Allahabad.
- In order to retrieve the second copy of UPTET Eligibility Certificate, following documents have to be submitted by the applicants:
- Class X mark-sheet
- UPTET Admit Card
- Caste Certificate
- PH Certificate
- Advertisement of lost Eligibility Certificate in Newspaper
- FIR Copy of lost UPTET Eligibility Certificate