Showing 1–12 of 52 results
- ACB is accredited by the National Assessment and Accreditation Council (NAAC).
- NIIT, Faridabad
- National Service Scheme (NSS): It is a social service program that works for the betterment of society through community service. The students of NSS help the underprivileged people of society so that they can have a better life.
- National Cadet Corps (NCC): NCC works to serve the nation and spread the spirit of patriotism amongst the young people. It also encourages the young minds to join the armed forces and work selflessly for the nation ensuring that serving the nation will be their first priority.
The university was established in 1957 as an aided college by Padma Bhushan Dr. T.S. Avinashilingam under the jurisdiction of Avinashilingam Education Trust. The campus of Avinashilingam University is spread over an area of 111 acres of land. The university is accredited by the National Assessment and Accreditation Council (NAAC). Avinashilingam Institute for Home Science and Higher Education for Women is also recognised by the University Grants Commission (UGC). The mission and vision of the university is to provide global standard quality education for the empowerment and self-development of women.
The popular courses offered by the university are B.Sc., B.A., B.Com, B.C.A., B.Ed., M.Sc., M.A., M.C.A., M.Com, M.B.A and M.Ed. Candidates have to go through the screening process of the university to get admission in the courses. Avinashilingam Institute for Home Science and Higher Education for Women has a total of 324 faculty members. The total number of students enrolled in the university is 8108. Thus, the student-teacher ratio at Avinashilingam University is 25:1. The university also has many clubs, committees and societies. Avinashilingam University has many collaborations too.
There are many facilities available at the university. Some of them are girls hostel, medical clinic, library, auditorium, sports, gym, IT infrastructure, wi-fi, cafeteria, laboratories, bank, facilities for differently-abled, etc. Avinashilingam University has a placement cum career guidance cell, which helps in the placement of the students. The placement cell also conducts activities like workshops, seminars, mock interviews, group discussions, aptitude tests to train students for placement. The university also provides scholarships to students. Students can also avail central government scholarships at Avinashilingam University. The university has secured 75th rank in the University category in NIRF 2021 Ranking with an overall score of 41.24 out of 100.
Avinashilingam University Location
The university is located at Bharathi Park Road, near Forest College Campus, Saibaba Colony, Coimbatore, Tamil Nadu. There are various modes of transport to reach Avinashilingam University. One can travel by air, road or rail to reach the university. The nearest airport to the university is Coimbatore International Airport. The distance between the airport and the university is 12.2 km and would take approximately 30 minutes by cab or auto. Coimbatore Junction Railway Station is the nearest railway station to Avinashilingam Institute for Home Science and Higher Education for Women. It is 4.1 km away and would take 10 minutes from a cab or auto. The nearest bus stop is Alagesan Road Bus Stop and is 450 m far from the university. It would take 1 minute from the bus stop to reach the university.
Baba Farid Group of InstitutionsBaba Farid College (BFC), Bhatinda is the pioneer Institution in the field of teacher education. It is a full-fledged college imparting full-time programs in various disciplines. The College is being efficiently managed by the Chairman S. Gurmeet Singh Dhaliwal, and Principal Dr. Naib Singh. It offers a host of hi-tech ultra-modern facilities to ensure smooth and well-planned education for its students. The state of the art infrastructure and qualified faculty is what sets it apart from other institutes of its kind. The college offers various undergraduate and postgraduate programs in various disciplines and specializations. BFC has tie-ups with different professional organizations to have training in communication skills, presentations, and language skills. BFGI also has a highly qualified faculty as well as an active placement cell that organizes placements for every batch. The institute provides students with state of the art infrastructure and world-class facilities.
- The university has been ranked 19th in the NIRF rankings of 2021 in the law category with an overall score of 49.78. In the NIRF rankings of 2020, the university was ranked 20th.
- Christ University is accredited by NAAC with an 'A' grade.
- University of Toronto, Canada
- Baldwin Wallace College, Ohio, USA
- Central Michigan University
- University of Illinois, USA
- University of Massachusetts Amherst
- Western Michigan University, USA
- Mount Union College, USA
- University of Nevada, USA
- St. Mary's University, Texas, USA
- Texas A&M University, USA
- Catholic University of America
- University of Massachusetts, Boston, USA
- Virginia Commonwealth University, USA
- Washington Centre for Internship and Academics
- Pontificia Universidade Catolica Do Rio De Janerio, Brazil
- Catholic University of Valencia, Spain
- University of Teacher Education, Switzerland
- Zurich University of Applied Sciences and Social Work
- University of Verona, Italy
- Vives University College, Belgium
- Birmingham City University
- NHTV Breda University of Applied Science, Netherlands
- University of Tubingen, Germany
- Kozminski University, Poland
- Bodo University College, Norway
- Assumption University of Thailand
- Hong Kong Baptist University
- Providence University Taiwan
- Catholic University of Daego, Korea
- Kyungpook National University, South Korea
- Coleman College, Singapore
- University of Malaysia, Sabah
- Australian Catholic University, Sydney
- Griffth University, Queensland
- Internal Complaints Committee- This committee of Christ University registers and addresses the internal issues faced by the college community. It tries to resolve the issues by taking necessary measures.
- Centre for Social Action (CSA)- CSA has been promoting volunteerism and enabling students to develop as socially responsible citizens by involving them in social development initiatives both in campuses and marginalized communities. It envisions that every student will be aware, sensitive and empathetic and contributing to sustainable changes in society.
- Centre for Sustainable Education and Development- This centre associate with academicians, research scholars, alumni, voluntary organisations, corporate and government departments interested in developing sustainability model towards education.
- Centre for Concept Design- This centre was started to make digital video courses and support faculty members with digital teaching methodology. More than 100 faculty members are trained on how to prepare digital video sessions. They are given hands-on experience too.
- Centre for Publications- This centre publishes books, journals and conference proceedings that are specialised in academic subjects to communicate the development in respective fields through the latest hypotheses and research results to the academic community.
- Centre for Digital Innovation- This centre enables the students to participate in international innovation contests and offers courses and internships on cutting edge technologies.