Birla Institute of Technology offers BBA and BCA at the UG level with 50 seats in each respectively.
The basic eligibility for BBA and BCA is minimum 50% aggregate marks in 10+2 examination in any stream with English subject in qualifying examination.
Admission to BBA and BCA is granted on the basis of merit secured in the qualifying 10+2 examination.
|Course Name||Eligibility Criteria||Selection Process|
|BBA||Minimum 50% marks in 10+2 examination with English as the main subject.||Merit Based|
|BCA||Minimum 50% marks in 10+2 examination with English and either of Mathematics/Computer Science/Information Practices as the subject|
- For BCA, Candidates should have obtained 50% aggregate marks in either of Mathematics/Computer Science/Information Practices in addition to English as the subject in qualifying examination.
- SC/ST candidates are provided relaxation of 5% marks in all UG programs.
- The maximum age of candidate for General Category should be 21 years as on October.
- The maximum age of candidates for SC/ST should be 26 years as on October.
BIT Lalpur MBA, MCA and M.Sc. Admission 2022
Birla Institute of Technology offers MBA, MCA and M.Sc. at the PG level. The eligibility criteria for admission to MBA is minimum 50% marks in Bachelor’s degree in any stream. For MCA, candidates must have qualified with minimum 55% marks in 10+2 examination with either Mathematics/Computer Science/Information Practices as a subject of study. For M.Sc., candidates must have passed B.Sc. degree with 55% aggregate marks from a recognized university listed under UGC/AIU.
Admissions to MBA is done on the valid score secured in CMAT /CAT/XAT/MAT followed by GD/PI. For M.Sc. admission are granted on the basis of merit in the qualifying examination. For MCA, admission is granted on the basis of valid score obtained in BIT MCA and counselling conducted by the institute.
|M.Sc.||Information Technology||Minimum 55% marks in B.Sc. degree from a recognized university.||Merit Based|
|MCA||–||Minimum 55% marks in 10+2 examination with either Mathematics/Computer Science/Information Practices as the subject of study||BIT MCA|
|MBA||–||Minimum 50% marks in Bachelor’s degree in relevant stream||CAT/CMAT/XAT/MAT score followed by GD/PI.|
- Candidates appearing for final examinations can also apply for the program.
- Candidates who have acquired qualification through correspondence or distance program should have passed Bachelor’s degree from DEC-IGNOU.
- Students who hold B.Sc. /BA (honours) with 55% aggregate marks are also eligible for the program.
- For selection in MBA program, the minimum preference for CAT, XAT and CMAT percentile is 40% and overall marks for MAT is 320 for General Category.
- For SC/ST category, the minimum preference for CAT, XAT and CMAT percentile is 35% and overall marks for MAT is 280.
- Admission to M.Sc. program is available only for Girl candidates.
- For MCA, candidates who hold qualifications in BCA, B.Sc. in IT/Electronics/Computer Science or B.Sc. in Mathematics/Statistics can also apply.
BIT Lalpur Application Process 2022
Candidates can fill the application form for all UG and PG program offered by the college through online mode. Applicants need to register for the National Level examination from the respective website of the conducting body.
How to Apply
- Visit the official website of the college and click on the link “Apply Online”.
- Create Username and Password and select the course.
- Select the wanted preference of centres.
- Fill the application form and submit it online.
- Pay application fee of INR 2500 for General/OBC category and INR 1500 for SC/ST candidates through SBI net banking or card in favour of “Birla Institute of Technology”.
- Download and print the fully filled application form.
- Send the completed form with required enclosures in A4 size envelope by Speed post/courier to the office at the following address:
Dean, Admissions & Academic Coordination,
Birla Institute of Technology,
Mesra, Ranchi – 835215.
Documents to be submitted along with the application form:
- One recently clicked Photograph (Same as the one uploaded in form) One pasted on form and another attached by clip)
- Mention your name and course name on the back of the photo
- Payment Receipt of the concerned course
- Class 10 Passing Certificate
- Mark sheet of class 10
- Mark sheet of class 12/ Intermediate or equivalent examination
- Mark sheet and Certificates of Graduation or Qualifying Examination