Quantum University, Roorkee
Quantum University is located in Roorkee, Uttarakhand which is a serene and scenic town located along the Ganga canal. Roorkee is famous for its history associated with providing high quality education. The campus university comprises of aesthetically designed infrastructure including state-of-art internet and computer facilities, workshops, libraries, laboratories, seminar halls and many more facilities. While the Institution encourages its students in the path of academic excellence, great emphasis is also given to soft skills, English language classes, co-curricular and extracurricular activities.
It provides various Undergraduate and Postgraduate courses in the field of Engineering, Computer Applications, Management, Media Studies & Design, Commerce & Finance, Science, Humanitites & Social Science, Agricultural Studies, Health Sciences and Hospitality & Tourism.
Admission Update – Quantum University has started registration process for UG, PG and Phd courses.
Quantum university has collaborated with the European center for Mechatronics, Germany (APS GmbH). This has given way for the establishment of Advanced Robotic Control Lab on the automation and Industrial Robotics at the campus. The collaboration with APS GmbH entails academic cooperation, faculty-student exchange program, and curriculum development. It has also collaborated with Quick Heal Technologies which is providing various courses in Cyber Security to the students of Quantum.
List of Schools Under Quantum University
- Quantum School of Technology
- Quantum School of Business
- Quantum School of Graduate Studies
- Quantum School of Agricultural Studies
- Quantum School of Media Studies & Design
- Quantum School of Health Sciences
- Quantum School of Hospitality & Tourism
Quantum University Highlights
|Year of establishment||2017|
|Campus size||30 acre|
|College ranking/s||Ranked 60 for MBA by Times 2020 Ranked 98 for Private MBA by Week 2019 Ranked 73 for Engineering by Times 2019|
|Modes of education||Online, full-time, distance learning|
|Number of courses offered||113 courses across 14 streams|
|No. of Scholarships||3 types of scholarships|
|Highest salary offered (2020)||Rs 18 LPA|
|Application mode (when admission are open)||Online, Offline and One to One|
Quantum University Admission Process
Last date to register for Quantum University admission process 2021 is April. Here is some important admission-related information for the interested candidates:
– Selection to all other UG, PG and diploma programmes is on merit basis in the qualifying exam (Class 12 and bachelor’s degree, respectively)
– The qualifying exam for BTech is Q-Care exam and MBA is CAT/MAT/XAT/NMAT
– Candidates applying for BSc in Animation & VFX/ UI & Graphic Design with qualified NID Entrance Exam (DAT) Prelims will be preferred
– Admission to MTech is based on GATE score
– Selection to all PG and Diploma programmes is on merit basis in the qualifying exam
– Admission to PhD is based on Quantum University Research Aptitude Test (QRAT) followed by an interview round. Those with GATE/ CSIR JRF or UGC NET scores can also apply
– Application form for admission to the university could be filled online or offline with a registration form fee of Rs 1,000.
Eligibility Criteria & Admission Process
It would help if you had minimum 50% marks in class 12th in any stream. You need to fill a registration form which is available from which is available online using our website link. you can also fill the form offline both options are available. Once you fill the form, you will receive a PLA which is a provisional letter for admission at Quantum.
You are supposed to deposit your course fee within 15 days after receiving PLA. After depositing your fee will receive CLA, which is the final confirmation of your admission. We also have a Qcare entrance exam which also gives scholarship facilities to the students. After that, a cutoff list will be updated after that the student will be eligible for the admission.
Quantum University Courses And Fees
Below is the list of specialisations, eligibility criteria and fees for multiple courses:
Quantum University offers BA, B.Sc., B.Com, BBA, BCA, BHM and BBA + MBA (integrated) courses at UG level.
- For B.Tech candidate must pass in 12th with Physics and Mathematics as compulsory subjects along with at least 50% marks in the above subjects.
- For B.Tech + MBA admission, the candidate should pass 12th with minimum 50% marks in PCM subjects.
- Candidate applying for B.Tech/B.Tech (Hons)/ B.Tech + MBA degree should qualify University Entrance Exam or JEE (Main).
- For BCA, candidate must pass in 12th with minimum 45% and in any stream with Mathematics/ Computer Application as one of the subjects.
- For BBA, B.Com., BHM, candidate must pass in 12th with minimum 45% marks in any stream.
- For B.Sc. (Hons), B.Sc., B.Com (Hons) and BA (Hons), candidate should pass 12th with minimum 50% marks in any stream.
- Candidate seeking admission for BA (Hons) in English and JEP should have completed 10+2 with English as a subject and with minimum 50% marks.
- The admission criteria for BBA + MBA is a pass in 12th with minimum 50% marks in any stream.
For Postgraduate Program
University offers MA and M.Sc. courses of two-year duration are offered at PG level. The MA course is offered in two disciplines and M.Sc. is offered in one discipline. Quantum University also offer M.Tech (four-year) and MBA (three-year) courses as a part of PG program. M.Tech is offered in 5 disciplines and MBA is offered in 6 disciplines.
- For MA in English and Economics and M.Sc. in Agronomy/ Horticulture, candidate must have done Graduation with minimum 50% marks in relevant discipline.
- For M.Tech, candidate must be B.E/B.Tech graduate along with valid score of GATE.
- For MBA Admission, Graduate in any stream with minimum 50% marks and score card of CAT/MAT/XAT/NMAT is compulsory.
For Diploma, Certification and PGDM Program
Quantum University offers Diploma in Engineering and Pharmacy. The University also offers PG Diploma in Dietetics and Applied Nutrition. A certificate program in Hotel Management is also a part of the curriculum.
- For D.Pharm, candidate must have passed 12th with Physics and Chemistry as compulsory subjects with 50% minimum marks.
- For PGDM in Dietetics and Applied Nutrition, Graduation in Science stream with minimum 50% is required.
- For Certificate in Hotel Management, candidate must be 10th passed from recognized board with English as a subject and minimum 50% marks.
Read more: Quantum University Fees
For M.Phil and Ph.D Programs
Admission to these courses is done on the basis of merit and entrance exam conducted by university or scores obtained in NET-CSIR and GATE.
- For admission in M.Phil, candidate must have secured 55% marks or equivalent in Masters.
- For Ph.D, The candidate should obtain minimum of 55% marks or CGPA of 6.0 on a 10 point scale in the qualifying examinations in relevant discipline.
|Courses||Eligibility Criteria||Course Fee (in Rs lakh)|
|BBA – Marketing – HR – Finance||Passed Class 12 in any stream with a minimum aggregate of 45%||2.53|
|BBA+MBA Integrated in Family Business Management||Passed Class 12 in any stream with a minimum aggregate of 50%||5.19|
|B.Tech. Computer Science and Engineering Mechatronics Engineering (Robotics) Electronics and Communication Engineering||Qualifying Exam: JEE Main/ UKSEE/ Q-CARE Passed Class 12 with 55% (Mandatory Subjects – Physics, Mathematics, English, Chemistry / Biotechnology/ Biology / Computer Science (IT)||5.64 6.33 5.64|
|BSc Animation & VFX UI & Graphics Design||– Candidate must pass in Class 12 in any stream with a minimum aggregate of 50% – Merit scores in NID DAT (Prelims) will be given preference||2.41|
|Nutrition & Dietetics Radiology||Passed Class 12 in Science stream with a minimum aggregate of 45%||2.06|
|BSc (Hons) – Physics – Mathematics||Passed Class 12 with PCM & minimum 50% aggregate marks (in PCM)||1.69|
|Chemistry||Passed Class 12 with PCM/PCB with a minimum 50% aggregate marks||1.69|
|Agriculture Food Processing||Candidate need to pass Class 12 or equivalent with Physics and Chemistry as compulsory subjects along with one among Mathematics / Biotechnology / Biology with at least 45% aggregate||3.46|
|MBA – Finance – Marketing – HRM||Graduate in any stream with a minimum aggregate of 50% Those with valid CAT/CMAT/MAT/XAT/NMAT score will be given preference||3.84|
Quantum University Scholarships
1. Scholarship for those students who enrol in BTech/ BTech (Hons) programme:
– Amount: Rs 10,000 Eligibility: Percentage of PCM in Class 12 ranges in between 70- 79.9%
– Amount: Rs 20,000 Eligibility: Percentage of PCM in Class 12 ranges in between 80-89.9%
– Amount: Rs 30,000 Eligibility: Percentage of PCM in Class 12 ranges in between 90% and above
2. Scholarship for those students who enrol in Engineering Diploma, BBA, BSc in Animation and VFX, BSc in UI and Graphics Design, Bachelors in Computer Applications, BSc in Information Technology, BSc (Hons) in Agriculture, BSc (Hons) in Food Processing, BA (Hons) in Journalism and Mass Communication, English and Political Science, BA (Hons) in Journalism and Mass Communication.
– Amount: Rs 8,000 Eligibility: Percentage in Class 12 ranges in between 65% – 74.9%
– Amount – Rs 10,000/- Eligibility: Percentage in Class 12 ranges in between 75% – 84.9%
– Amount – Rs 12,000/- Eligibility: Percentage in Class 12 ranges in between 85% and Above
3. Scholarship for those students who enrol in BCom (Hons), BA (Hons) (Eng./ Eco./ Psychology), BSc (Hons) (Phy. /Chem./ Maths), BSc (Nutrition and Dietetics), BSc in Naturopathy and Yogic Sciences, PG Diploma (Dietetics and Applied Nutrition) and BHM.
– Amount – Rs 6,000/- Eligibility: Percentage in Class 12 ranges in between 65% – 74.9%
– Amount – Rs 8,000/- Eligibility: Percentage in Class 12 ranges in between 75% – 84.9%
– Amount – Rs 10,000/- Eligibility: Percentage in Class 12 ranges in between 85% and Above
Quantum University Facility
Academics & Faculty
The university’s daily routine is scheduled properly as the students’ classes are planned according to the students’ strength. The teachers at Quantum Universities are very supportive. They support their students in any situation the faculty at quantum university are highly well experienced. If the students have any problem, they can feel free to take suggestions from their teachers to solve them.
The faculty creates such a healthy environment for the students to feel comfortable and supported like family. My experience at quantum university is like i never miss my family till i was there because all the classmates and seniors and the faculty are so supportive and calm and caring.
Fees & Scholarship
Quantum University, Roorkee fee structure is divided according to semester wise. The first sem’s fees will be 38,500, and second sem fees will be 30,500, and total fees for the first year will be 69,000. The course will be for three years.
There are multiple scholarships offered by Quantum University to all Students. The scholarship Starts at minimum 70% marks in class 12th. Those who have 90% marks in 12th in board examination can benefit from 100% scholarship on tuition fee only for the first year. You get a scholarship according to marks obtained in class 12th. Apart from this, a Qcare entrance cum scholarship test is conducted every year in India’s various cities. You can also avail its benefits by appearing that. You get a scholarship based on marks scored in Q-care.
Yes, for this course, students can take an education loan from any nationalised Bank according to bank norms, and the university will provide all documents for loan purposes.
Placements & Alumni Network
Career Opportunities for an MCA graduate: As today is an age of computers, a candidate with an MCA degree will have great job opportunities in top-level IT companies and consultancy firms. They will have opportunities in large corporations having an in-house systems department. An MCA graduate can work for any IT company, big or small as a system developer and various other roles. Software Programmer Software Engineer Software Developer Systems Analyst Quantum university prepares students to take up positions as system analysts, systems designers, programmers and managers in any field related to information technology.
The program, therefore, aims at imparting comprehensive knowledge with equal emphasis on theory and practice. MCA students are encouraged to spend a full semester working in the institute industry, giving them insight into the IT world’s workings.
The training programs imparted to the students at Quantum prepares the students from Day 1. As soon as students steps into Quantum, he starts getting prepared. The initial two years are used to prepare him/her in Soft Skills, which involve preparing the student for the skill-set areas to face the interview panel.
The next two years are used to prepare the students in Technical Skills through various Technical Certification programs and in Aptitude and Logical reasoning skills needed to crack the companies’ written tests.
Infrastructure & Transportation
Hostel, is the most memorable part of college life for the students. At Quantum, its world-class hostels are not just about buildings; but are the core of the very culture. Providing a very secure and fun-filled environment that makes the student feel quite at home, hostels at Quantum Global Campus are the student bonding nucleus. THe university campus has separate hostels for boys and girls AC & non AC hostel fees is 53,000 per sem, and NON AC hostel is 40,000 per sem. The hostels are equipped with all modern facilities there are ac and non AC fees of the rooms as per the students’ need. All facilities are available in the hostel. The Quantum university campus is spread over an area of 50acres and has full WI-FI facilities. And CCTV cameras have also been installed everywhere in the university, security in the university is excellent.
There are also many air-conditioned Seminar Halls to seat 150 to 170 students. These are used to hold seminars and meetings. Regular Guest Lectures and Industry Interactions are held in these seminar halls, using interactive spaces for students.
Connecting both students and faculty with global resources of knowledge, the ‘Q’ Library continues to adapt to challenging new demands and provides a professional and conducive learning atmosphere for students’ empowerment. The library is rich in resources in the subjects of engineering, management, administration and allied areas. The library houses industry-relevant reports, standards, journals, magazines, newsletters, etc.
Mess & Cafeteria
Dining is such an essential part of college life. In addition to keeping the students healthy and fit, mess and cafeteria are great places where they gather and connect with peers and teachers. At Quantum, we try to make the dining experience the very best, each day, in every meal.
Although the campus is well connected by local public transport, Quantum has its own bus fleet that provides transport facility from nearby cities to the campus from specific pickup points pre-defined as per students’ convenience.
With a seating capacity of 550 and centrally air-conditioning, the auditorium is undoubtedly the crown jewel at Quantum campus. Equipped with modern facilities like a multimedia projector and sound systems, the auditorium has large lobbies and verandahs ideally suited to hold International Conferences and Exhibitions. It is a hub of activities happening on campus, be it an academic event like a conference, a seminar, a placement drive or a fun get together by the students to celebrate their annual functions, farewell parties etc.
Clubs & Associations
Your student days should be among the best days of your life. Quantum University has a thriving campus life full of intellectual opportunities, exciting adventures, and lasting friendships. Suppose you’re seeking academic excellence, passionate indulgence in your favourite sport, music or theatre, a vibrant cafeteria for hang-outs, outbound trips to explore the spectacular world beyond the campus. Opportunities for social interaction, or just a safe and comfortable place to live, you’ll have a great time Quantum. Full of fun and quite unforgettable!
Quantum University Placements
Quantum University has a highly professional, well organized Department of External Programs (DEEPRO) for its students to ensure that students are getting placed according to their choice. Almost 75% of B.Tech and MBA of its students get placed in blue chip companies.
There are many training programs for students from day 1 of college. The students are prepared in soft skills such as facing the interview panel. Then, skills like Technical, aptitude and Logical reasoning are also taught which are necessary in order to crack the written test conducted by the companies.
|No. of Companies Visited||73|
|No. of Students Placed||652|
|Highest Salary Package||10 lpa|
Quantum University Awards and Ranking
- Quantum School of Technology was awarded as the Best Engineering College Promoting Innovation in North India by ASSOCHAM INDIA & Education Post.
- Quantum School of Business was awarded as ‘No. 1 in Uttarakhand’ and 29 all over North India by THE WEEK magazine.
- Quantum School of Business has been adjudged No. 1 B-School in Uttarakhand by IMRB ranking.
- Quantum School of Business is ranked at No. 65 among the best B-School in India for teaching quality, learning and placements among others, the only college to get a rank from Uttarakhand by Career360.
- ‘Deewang Mehta’ National Education Award, Mumbai have recognized Quantum School of Business as ‘Business School that Encourages Leadership as a part of the curriculum.
Overall #43 out of 80 inIndia 2021 ( #60 out of 100 in India 2020 )
#2nd in Uttarakhand
MBA #59 out of 118 inIndia 2021
#3rd in Uttarakhand
Specification: Quantum University, Roorkee