Assiniboine Community College Ranking, Programs, Admission Process & Living Cost
Assiniboine Community College (ACC) was established in 1961 in Manitoba, Canada. The college is recognized for its deliverance of practical nurse training and six offerings of the Practical Nursing programs in Brandon, Winnipeg and two rural Canadian Province communities since 2007-08.
Why choose Assiniboine Community College?
The college is ranked at 10, 449th place in the world as per the webometrics’ record.
- “Spend a Day” program to know if the program is right fit for you or not.
- 94% of recent graduates have jobs
- Conferences, projects, practical and work placements give students a head start in finding meaningful and interesting careers
- With small class sizes, instructors connect well with the students
- Philosophy of hands-on education supported by classroom learning
|Ninja Column 1||Ninja Column 2|
|Basic Tuition Fee, Domestic Students||CAD 3,000 CAD 6,500|
|Test Scores Accepted||TOEFL, IELTS|
|Type of university||Public|
Campus and Residence
ACC has three main campuses i.e. Victoria Avenue East Campus, Parkland Campus and North Hill Campus.
Victoria Avenue East Campus
The Victoria Avenue East Campus in Brandon features a full-service cafeteria, library, campus store, daycare center, lecture theatre, fitness room, radio station, gymnasium and games room.
Parkland Campus is ideally located in the heart of Dauphin, Manitoba serving communities across the region. Full and part-time students are welcomed to this vibrant campus that features a contemporary trades shop, enhanced student lounge, healthcare training lab and an early learning center.
North Hill Campus – Manitoba Institute of Culinary Arts
The North Hill Campus features the Manitoba Institute of Culinary Arts, which commenced in 2007 to students and members of the community. This Manitoba heritage building is where students study in oak-paneled rooms one moment and in a modern stainless steel kitchen the next.
In addition to this, if the students are interested in getting a high school diploma or upgrading their academic skills, then they can get admission in Adult Collegiate of ACC which started in 2010. There is Russell Training Centre of the college, located in Russell, Manitoba offering continuing studies, contract programs and other courses.
Also, there is ACC’s Winnipeg Campus, located in Winnipeg, Manitoba offering the Practical Nursing program and continuing studies courses.
Residential facilities by ACC are available at Brandon University Residence. Apart from this, student services resources and Other Brandon resources can be availed by the students.
Brandon University Residence
Three kilometers from the ACC, students can get modern residences at Brandon University.
- Good bus connectivity from ACC to Brandon University Residence.
- Pay for room and meal plans
- Participate in over 200 recreational events and activities throughout the year.
- No utilities to pay
- Internet, cable, fridge, TV available.
Student Services Resources
Students can choose from the list of private accommodations using Student Services Resources. Many private landlords list their private suites/ rooms/ room.
Other Brandon Resources
At Brandon city, students can avail free facilities in the form of web-based Rental Availability Directory. The accommodations are available as per budget, family size, number of roommates, etc.
Programs Offered at ACC
ACC offers over 70 programs further divided into certificate, diploma and apprenticeship programs. 15 programs are in the field of Distance Education, 9 Apprenticeship programs, 19 Continuing Studies Programs, 45 On-campus programs and 19 programs that are open to international students.
ACC offers programs in the following faculty:
- School of Trades & Technology
- English as an Additional Language (EAL)
- Distance Education
- Manitoba Institute of Culinary Arts
- Mature Student High School Diploma (Manitoba Grade 12)
- School of Business, Agriculture & Environment
- School of Health & Human Services
Choose Your Schedule
A student can choose the various schedules from
- Full time
- Full-time with co-op
- Part time
All About Application Process
Before applying at ACC, students must have their original transcripts of recent academic qualifications ready with them.
Proof of English Language Proficiency
It should be noted that English is the language of instruction and communication at ACC. Following are the test and acceptable scores to get admission in ACC:
- IELTS—6.5 Academic, no sub score lower than 6.0
- TOEFL—79 IBT, no skill score lower than 18
- CanTEST—4.5 in reading and listening and 4.0 in writing and speaking
- CAEL – 60
- Students have to send the official original records or transcripts from all educational institutions that they have attended in the past years.
- If any student is currently studying in a high school then they have to send an official transcript of the last grade or level that they have completed and a letter from their school confirming the subjects they are currently registered in.
- Any transcripts relating to upgrading, GED or any other academic qualifications should also be sent.
- All the documents must be in English or have English translations attached.
- In all cases, the original transcript should accompany the student’s application.
How, When and Where to Apply
Different programs at the institute are subject to different application procedures. Here are a few common steps that one has to follow to fill in the application form.
- Visit the official website of the university at assiniboine.net/
- Select the program of your choice.
- Provide personal information such as full legal name, address, phone number and email address.
- Declare your citizenship, primary language and educational background.
- Application fee to be paid is $95 for on-campus day programs (full-time, part-time) and distance education programs for domestic students and $200 for International applicants to full-time programs.
- Once your application is complete, mail it or bring it in person to
All You Need to Know About the Admission Process
- For all international applicants, it is necessary to provide an English language test scorecard or appear for entrance conducted by the college.
- Those who do not qualify the test will have to study additional English courses before starting their regular program.
- For International applicants, to study in Canada, Cambrian has laid down the scores accepted for various English Proficiency tests for Entrance to study in Canada
- Registrar’s Office
Assiniboine Community College
1430 Victoria Avenue East
Note: Faxed or emailed applications will not be accepted.
Hours of Admissions Office
Victoria Avenue East Campus
|Monday & Tuesday||8 a.m. to 4:30 p.m.|
|Wednesday||9:30 a.m. to 4:30 p.m|
|Thursday & Friday||8 a.m. to 4:30 p.m.|
Students will be waived off from English Language Requirements if any one of the below mentioned criteria is fulfilled:
- Three years of full-time education in English at a secondary (high school) or post-secondary (university or college) level in Canada
- Graduation from a Canadian high school with at least one Grade 12 English with a minimum of 70%
- Graduation from a Canadian curriculum high school outside of Canada with at least one Grade 12 English with a minimum grade of 70%
- Graduation from a Manitoba high school with atleast 70% marks and minimum one Senior 4 Core English subject.
- Successful completion of three years of full-time study from a country on the test-exempt list, including Grade 11 or 12 English (not ESL).
How Much Does it Cost to Take Admission at ACC
All regular certificate and diploma programs at Assiniboine are composed of courses. Course fees include tuition, fees, and Students’ Association fees.
Courses are assigned credits, which are calculated as follows:
|Ninja Column 1||Ninja Column 2|
|40 academic hours||3 credit|
|40 practicum/work experience/co-op work placement hours||1 credit|
|Tuition fees are calculated at||$37.20 per credit|
Assessment Fee: $1.50 per credit for regular certificate and diploma distance education courses.
Student Services Fee: $1.00 per credit for regular certificate and diploma courses.
Tentative months to pay the tuition fee for various sessions
|Ninja Column 1||Ninja Column 2|
A typical monthly budget for a single student is:
- Rent and utilities: $800 to $1000
- Food: $250 to $350
- Transportation: $30 to $300 (depending on the city, and whether you use a car)
- Miscellaneous expenses: $100
- Furniture: Variable
- Recreation: Variable
Note that if you sign a contract to live in residence, you are making a commitment to be there for at least four months or the entire academic year. Financial penalties may be applicable if you leave early.
Transportation: Students attending any Brandon campus are able to board Brandon Transit regular route bus at any time, FREE.
There are three main types of awards:
Scholarships – based primarily on academics
Bursaries – based primarily on financial need
Awards – Awards usually engage numerous criteria like academic accomplishment, community involvement or demonstrated financial need.
- The scholarships are for entrance students and continuing students.
- Students who wish to apply for the scholarships can fill the scholarship and award application offline at
Awards Office, Room 116A
Assiniboine Community College
1430 Victoria Ave E
Brandon, MB R7A 2A9
Work While You Study
Students can work on campus while studying at the institute. They will have to fulfill the following conditions.
- Study full time in a program
- Have a valid study permit
- Have a SIN (Social Insurance Number)
- Can work a maximum of 20 hours/ week during the school year
- Can work full time during school holidays
International students can use their study permit to work in any type of employment for up to 20 hours per week and full-time during breaks. They must, however, maintain full-time student status (60% course load minimum) and achieve acceptable marks (2.0 GPA) to remain eligible.
How to get a SIN?
SIN is mandatory in order to work on campus or off campus and for tax purposes. It is in no way related to a person’s health insurance number. A social number is valid until the end of your stay or a maximum 5 years. You can renew the same if necessary.
One can obtain SIN by going in person to Service Canada office along with the following documents:
- Your Passport
- Your study permit
- Your off campus work permit/ co-op/internship program permit.
Alumni of ACC can avail many benefits including the following:
- Job Postings: Online job postings are provided in various fields for those who have had their education from the college.
- Library access: Those who wish to enhance their knowledge and skills can find access to plethora of resources available at ACC Library.
|COURSE NAME||ANNUAL FEES||DURATION||TOEFL SCORE EXCEPTED||IELTS SCORE EXCEPTED|
|Certificate Food Processing - Animal Proteins||$ 12,577||1 YEAR||79||6.5|
|Diploma Business Administration - Accounting||$ 10,687||2 YEARS||79||6.5|
|Certificate Comprehensive Health Care Aide||$ 12,671||9 MONTHS||79||6.5|
|Diploma Agribusiness||$ 13,575||2 YEARS||79||6.5|
|Diploma Network Administration Technology||$ 13,102||2 YEARS||79||6.5|
|Advanced Diploma Human Resource Management||$ 10,567||8 MONTHS||79||6.5|
|Diploma Hotel and Restaurant Management||$ 15,187||2 YEARS||79||6.5|
|Diploma Communications Engineering Technology||$ 13,432||2 YEARS||79||6.5|
|Advanced Diploma Sustainable Food Systems||$ 11,595||1 YEAR||79||6.5|
|Diploma Social Service Worker||$ 11,722||2 YEARS||79||6.5|
|Diploma Land and Water Management||$ 13,785||2 YEARS||79||6.5|
|Diploma Office Management||$ 10,777||2 YEARS||79||6.5|
|Advanced Diploma Accounting||$ 10,732||8 MONTHS||79||6.5|
|Advanced Diploma Geographic Information Systems||$ 11,370||8 MONTHS||79||6.5|
|Certificate Civil Technician||$ 16,072||1 YEAR||79||6.5|
|Certificate Piping Trades||$ 13,110||9 MONTHS||79||6.5|
|Certificate Office Skills||$ 10,777||8 MONTHS||79||6.5|
|Diploma Early Childhood Education||$ 13,020||2 YEARS||79||6.5|
|Diploma Medical Administration||$ 10,777||2 YEARS||79||6.5|
|Advanced Diploma Marketing||$ 10,545||8 MONTHS||79||6.5|
|Certificate Horticultural Production||$ 11,640||1 YEAR||79||6.5|
|Certificate Carpentry and Woodworking||$ 14,460||9 MONTHS||79||6.5|
|Diploma Culinary Arts||$ 12,930||2 YEARS||79||6.5|
|Advanced Diploma Finance||$ 10,522||8 MONTHS||79||6.5|
|Diploma Interactive Media Arts (Interactive)||$ 14,280||2 YEARS||79||6.5|