Royal Roads University Ranking, Programs, Admission Process & Living Cost
Royal Roads University established in 1940 is situated in Canada. University provides a variety of courses some of which includes Business and Technology, Communication, humanitarian and interdisciplinary studies. The campus and training in professional courses gives you an edge over personal transformation and community learning experience.
Why should you choose Royal Roads?
Royal Roads is known for its quality education. It has a student to faculty ratio of about 12:1 which makes one to one interaction easier and thus offers quality education. Here are few features which makes the university unique and thus, ranking decently in world ranking of universities.
Rankings & Standings
- Ranked #1 public university in Canada for Active & Collaborative Learning (NSSE 2013).
- Ranked #1 public university in Canada for level of academic challenge (NSSE 2013).
- Ranked #4604 public university in the world by Webometrics.
- Ranked #68 public university in the Canada by Webometrics.
- Has flexible admission policy based on the hard-earned experience and not just academic qualification.
- The student to faculty ratio is 12:1 to have one to one attention in the classroom.
- Provide practical degrees through internship programs. The curriculum is developed by industry experts for more of practical learning.
- AUCC represents 97 public and private universities. Members of the association maintains strict criteria for quality education which includes Royal Roads.
- Apart from AUCC, Royal Roads is a part of EQA for quality assured education.
What do students have to say about Royal Roads?
- Best University for working professional as it believes more in practical learning.
- Has lot of group studies and team work which is quite a learning experience.
- Due to 12:1 faculty to student’s ratio, it is easy to approach the instructor and other students for any queries or help for which mostly all our ready.
Campus & Residence
Royal Roads provides quality living conditions and believe in rich flora and fauna. It provides various types of accommodations which could be picked by the students according to their comfort level.
- The campus is spread over a length of 260 hectares which is best suited for walking, hiking, and biking trails, and for the west coast’s flora and fauna.
- Ample parking services on the campus.
- Royal Roads situated a castle building that includes several other buildings for various departments.
- The accommodation provides an affordable option which is within the walking distance of Habitat Café and Hatley Castle.
- There are variety of rooms provided for the students, so that they can select the most appropriate option for themselves.
Types of Rooms
Royal Roads University offers a total of 10 programs, further divided in undergraduate and postgraduate degrees
Royal Roads also offers a dual degree program – Master of Global Management + Master of Business Administration.
Mount Allison University Residence
Mount Allison University has 8 unique residences with a capacity of 70 to 190 residents.
All you need to know about Application Process
The information provided below elaborates all the requirements and steps to apply to the college. The common requirement for admission to the university is to score well in English proficiency test for the ones whose first language is not English.
English Language Proficiency Test
All the requirements differ with the degree/programs offered by the university except the test of English proficiency with is a mandate for the students who do not have English as their primary language.
Minimum scores required for the following tests are:
International Year 1 entry
Year 3 and graduate* level entry
*English language requirements for Doctor of Social Science varies
- Graduation from an institution where English is the primary language in an English-speaking country.
- Completing International Study Centre’s undergraduate or pre-master’s pathway program(s).
Application Checklist and Required Documents
- Application Form
- Scanned, certified and complete transcripts of the qualification
- Scanned copy of English language proficiency test score
- Copy of identification pages of the passport
- Copy of Study Permit if applicable
- Personal statement or statement of intent
- Detailed Resume
- Two or more letter of reference
The students from different countries have their own specific admission requirements which can be found from the official website.
- After checking the eligibility and other specific requirements, apply for the university online or offline through the official website of the university.
- Send the supporting documents including bank statements as proof of funds.
- Applications are checked against the academic qualification and level of English.
- Students interested in Pathway programs do not need to produce IELTS or TOEFL.
- The applications will be reviewed in 2 days for Pathway programs and 3 weeks for direct entry applicants.
- Pay the deposit to confirm the seat.
- The university will send an acceptance letter and reserve the seat of the students.
- Apply for Canadian study permit.
- Students who do not have formal education to qualify the standard procedure of education comes under flexible admission. This includes with the students having complex learning history and are unable to document the same.
- The aim is to find out the evidence of prior learning accomplishments.
Cost & Expenses
The tuition fees depend upon the program opted. Range of the tuition fee for every program is provided
Dorm rooms are available for CAD 45 to CAD 50 and En suit are available for CAD 65 to CAD 70.
Scholarships & Financial Aids
Royal Roads provides various scholarships and awards to its students which not only provides financial help but also boost the confidence in them. Here are few top scholarships and awards given to the students based on different criteria.
Students can explore variety of scholarships, bursaries and competitively-awarded scholarships
- Entrance Award
- In-Course Awards
- Emergency Funding
- Convocation Awards
Few of the given awards are listed below showing the highest amount provided to the students
Work while you Study
Candidates can apply for various internship programs while they study their choice of course. Here are the details:
- An Internship of Minimum 12 week to maximum 6 months is available for candidates to work in.
- Students are given the positions of an “employee” in a mentored opportunity with a host supervisor.
- The employer will offer a suitable salary in accordance to their industry, the role for the students.
- Students may not require attending classes while they do their internship programs.
Students who have study permit can work off-campus for a maximum of 20 hours week during the semester and full-time during the breaks. Visit the official website of government of Canada for further information.
Post-Graduation Work Permit Program
Through this program, students get a good exposure in Canada. The work permit is provided till the length of the studies.
Royal Roads has produced some of the best students. Here are few well-known alumni:
- EJ Tremblay– Successful actor, director and assistant director working in front of the camera and behind it. Worked on the sets of successful movies like “The Weight of Water” and French-American Thriller “Bailey’s Mistake”, Tremblay has successfully established himself.
- Tom Wujec– A global Leader in 3D engineering and entertainment software, Wujec is product developer whose demand is amongst designers, architects and chief technology officers.
- Brooks Hogya– Game developer who developed a very useful tool which synthesize information and interact with it in a non-intimidating way. A game which conducts research as you play, it is the basis of Brook’s invention.
[table id=648 /]