University of Lethbridge Ranking, Programs, Admission Process & Living Cost
The University of Lethbridge, established in 1967 on the principle of liberal education is located in Lethbridge, Canada. The university is well known for its emphasis on liberal education, experiential learning, interdisciplinary research, and cooperative programs
Ranking and Standings
- Maclean’s University Ranking 2013 – 2017 Report- Maintained rank 3 in Canada
- As per US News World Ranking, Uleth is positioned at 1078th position.
- According to webometrics, the university ranking is 947.
- Uleth’s Destination Project is set to open in 2019 which will feature state of art laboratory and teaching facilities, outreach and maker spaces.
- Development of Red Crow Community College in association with aboriginal communities to meet their specific needs.
- Offers over 150 bachelors, over 60 masters and Ph.D. programs and offers an engineering transfer program too.
- Access to advanced technology and state-of-the-art facilities.
- With 1,172 employees, the university is Lethbridge’s second largest employer.
- The University set a record enrolment in 2017 for the second consecutive year.
Student Intake Stats
As of fall 2017, a total of 8,724 students are enrolled with University of Lethbridge.
Here are a few stats in terms of the student intake.
- Total Undergraduate Students- 8,128 students
- Total Postgraduate Students- 483 students
- 753 students are on the Calgary campus
The University of Lethbridge offers over 200 programs, further divided into undergraduate, postgraduate and doctoral programs.
Over 150 degree programs are offered by the university which is divided into seven schools namely:
- Faculty of Arts and Science
- Faculty of Education
- Faculty of Fine Arts
- Faculty of Health Sciences
- Dhillon School of Business
- School of Graduate Studies
- School of Liberal Education
Choose Your Schedule
Students are given the liberty to apply for classes as per their schedule, study plan and preferred language. Some of the groups in which programs can be filtered in are given below.
- Situated on the west side of the city of Lethbridge, it stretches across the coulees and has a great view of the Oldman River valley.
- Spanning more than 500 acres, the campus is designed to ignite new ideas and encourage collaboration across disciplines.
What Students say
- Best things to do at lunch: Hike in the coulees
- The best place to study: 10th floor of the University Library in the comfy chairs by the windows
- The best place to take a nap between classes: Pool-viewing area
- The best thing about Lethbridge: The short commute and extra time for hanging out with friends, being active and studying
- Best thing to do in spare time: Road trips to the mountains, southern Alberta towns, Calgary, Waterton and the United States.
The University of Lethbridge is affiliated to the institutions mentioned below
- U Sports
Different programs at the institute are subject to different application procedures. Here are a few common steps that one has to follow to fill in the application form.
- Visit the official website of University of Lethbridge at https://www.uleth.ca
- Select the program you want to pursue depending on your interests, eligibility and study plan.
- Click on the ‘admission’ tab. And fill in the required information.
- Prepare documents such as Transcripts, 3 references, CV, Letter of Intent, English language proficiency (ELP) for graduate students.
- Any additional document if required will be intimated by the School of Graduate Studies.
- Fill in the online application form
- If students have difficulty submitting the form electronically, they may email the information to [email protected]
- Pay application fee of CAD 125. You can pay the same via credit card.
- The departmental committee reviews your application and makes a recommendation on admission to the program committee.
You will be notified of your official admission status by the Registrar’s Office no later than April 1 (February 1 deadline), July 1 (May 1 deadline) or December 1 (October 1 deadline).
Note: Non-Canadian graduates have to provide notarized English translations of all documents (not in the English language).
Candidates will have to show a proof of finance while applying for student visa. The tuition fee charged by the University of Lethbridge may vary from course to course and on the place of residency.
Undergraduate Courses and other courses
For undergraduate courses such as BBA, the following tuition fee is to be paid by students of different categories (approximately).
- Single Dorm
- Double Dorm
- Wheelchair Accessible Single Dorms
The scholarship awards a total amount of $4000. In the first year, $1,000 is given followed by three payments of $1,000 in the successive years. The break-up of the scholarship amount is as follows:
- $1,000 scholarship is given upon admission, based on admission average
- $1,000 is given in the second year of studies, contingent on maintaining a minimum 3.00 grade point average (on the U of L’s 4-point scale, equivalent to a B average) in the first year of studies
- $1,000 is given in third year of studies, contingent on maintaining a minimum 3.00 grade point average (on the U of L’s 4-point scale, equivalent to a B average) in the second year of studies
- $1,000 is given in fourth year of studies, contingent on maintaining a minimum 3.00 grade point average (on the U of L’s 4-point scale, equivalent to a B average) in the third year of studies.
Each part of the scholarship is paid upon confirmation of full-time enrolment in Management at the University of Lethbridge in the fall and spring semesters immediately following the granting of the award.
Eligibility criteria for the scholarship
To be eligible to apply for this scholarship:
- The student should be an Indian
- He/she should be entering year one of the Bachelor of Management degree program.
What is SIN and how to get it?
SIN is mandatory in order to work on campus or off campus and for tax purposes. It is no way related to a person’s health insurance number. A social number is valid until the end of your stay or a maximum 5 years. You can renew the same if necessary.
One can obtain SIN by going in person to Service Canada office along with the following documents:
- Your Passport
- Your study permit
- Your off-campus work permit/ co-op/internship program permit.
Work after Graduation
One can work post their graduation after obtaining a work permit. The post-graduation work permit is valid for the same duration as that of the last study program you have completed. Students have to fulfill the following conditions.
- Must have been a full-time student in Canada
- Completed with a study program with a minimum duration of 8 months
- Apply for the work permit within 90 days of receiving a document declaring completion of studies.
- Must have a valid study permit
Easy Housing Plans
The institute has partnered with various companies, to provide them with fully-furnished bedrooms with various facilities.
- Rooms are available on first come first serve basis.
- Booking is to be made in advance.
Rent per room- $436 per month.
One can avail the following facilities:
Alumni Network and Placement Records
Students are likely to get placed in good companies with handsome salaries.
The University of Lethbridge is home to some notable alumni, some of which are mentioned below:
- Greg Weadick – Former MLA, Alberta
- Austin Mardon – CM Ph.D., Advocate
- Rajko Dodic – Canadian Politician, 25th Mayor of Lethbridge
- Cheryl Misak – Professor, Former Provost at University of Toronto
- Len Mitzel – Canadian Politician, MLA Alberta
The institute has an active portal to provide its alumni with various career management services.
[table id=652 /]