UNIVERSITY OF ONTARIO INSTITUTE OF TECHNOLOGY – [UOIT], OSHAWA, ONTARIO
University of Ontario Institute of Technology Ranking, Programs, Admission Process & Living Cost
The University of Ontario Institute of Technology is a public research university. Established in 2002, UOIT is located in Oshawa, Ontario, Canada. It offers a diverse array of undergraduate and graduate programs to the students.
Ranking and Standings at a Glance
1149th in the world ranking by Webometrics
Features Not to Be Missed
- UOIT is one of Canada’s Newest Research University
- It has more than 70 specialized research laboratories
- UOIT has 1,548 faculty and staff members
- Faculty experts engage with 300 industries to develop unique market-driven programs
- 96% of programs incorporate experimental learning
Take a Glance At the Students Intake Status
Students intake of UOIT is 10,000 per annum.
- Total undergraduate students –8,685
- Total postgraduate students –518
- Total doctoral students –55
Know about the Faculty at UOIT
Apart from the 7 faculties tabulated below, UOIT has a School of Graduate and Postdoctoral Studies.
Choose from an Array of Programs
UOIT offers undergraduate, diploma, and doctoral programs. These programs equip with the knowledge and skills needed to excel working in advanced roles in high demanded fields.
Location Advantage to The Students
UOIT is located in the city of Oshawa, Ontario, Durham Region. Durham Region is one of the fastest growing economic areas where students can enrich their skills and knowledge through the industries. It has advanced manufacturing feature, growth in digital technology, smart energy, and healthcare resources.
Explore the Campuses of UOIT
UOIT has 2 campuses. One is located in North Oshawa and another building in Downtown Oshawa. North Oshawa campus has environmentally- advanced features into the building including coated windows, green roofs, geometrical heating and cooling systems. Both have an outstanding learning environment, added new classrooms, labs, study areas, and state-of-the-art learning facilitates.
Affiliations of UOIT
University of Ontario Institute of Technology is affiliated to the institutions given below:
- Fields Institute
- Ontario Network of Women in Engineering
Candidates can apply for any course in this institute through few common steps given below. If candidates completed few steps then they can further go for final step where they can check their application status.
- Visit the official website of UOIT (Or) Apply online using OUAC website.
- On the admissions tab, select the course, and check whether the admission requirements are suitable for the student’s profile.
- Click apply online button to apply for the course.
- Fill all the information required and attach the documents required.
- Click submit button to submit your application.
- You can check your Application status through an email
What it Costs to Study in University of Ontario Institute of Technology (UOIT)
UOIT are charged tuition fees for all the graduates based on a fee per credit basis or flat fee. Current fees structure for all the courses are given below:
Undergraduate courses and other courses (flat fee programs)
- Single Dorm
- Double Dorm
- Wheelchair Accessible Single Dorms
Postgraduate courses (flat fee programs)
Undergraduate courses and other courses (fee per credit basis programs)
Postgraduate courses (fee per credit basis programs)
Benefit of Scholarships to Students
Scholarships and Awards are available for international students. For first-year, marks based on 4M/4U courses are given below:
Note: Scholarships also available for disabled students. Students have to submit their application at UOIT Scholarship Committee to get the scholarship.
Choose From Easy Housing Plans
Students can avail accommodation Simcoe village residence which three halls. They are Central Hall, North Hall, and South Hall. They also provide meal plan and well-furnished living environment with following features:
Rent per Room
Opportunity to Work While You Study
Candidates can work while studying at the institute. This institute conducts On-campus employment for UOIT students. They conduct two programs to select students to work in the institute. They are:
- UOIT university works
- UOIT summer employment
To apply for UOIT university works and summer employment candidates have to follow the steps below:
- Visit MyCampus under the Student Tab, the new profile page will be appear
- Complete the Student Financial Profile
- Submit your profile
- You will receive an email like your profile have been accessed and sent your profile status
Candidates can also find job opportunities outside of the campus while studying.
- Visit “Student Experience Portal” which provides job openings targeted to the graduates.
- In this portal, candidates can search for job leads by job title, location, country, major, company name, job type, etc.
- Candidates can select job types include full time, part time, contract, summer, and volunteer positions.
Note: Many other job posting websites also available to build students careers
Work after Graduation
Candidates can also get job opportunities after finishing their studies. UOIT conduct placements which help students to get placed in reputed companies and industries.
Impressive Placement Records of University of Ontario Institute of Technology (UOIT)
After completing the courses, candidates may get placed in top companies with high salary packages. The employment rate for each area is mentioned below:
Vast Alumni Network
Some of the alumni of UOIT and their positions are given below:
- Dan Dao: Campus Health Centre Chiropractor
- Jean Nsanzeryaka: Published Book about experiences as a refugee from Africa
- Tameka Bailey: Senior Archivist
- Kaitlynn Gambier: CEO of Sophisticated Solutions
- Angelo Pineda: Built a career in McGraw Hill Education
- Jeffrey Seres: Project Manager at Patheon Inc.
This institute has a separate alumni portal for the alumni who are currently working in various companies and industries. They also conduct alumni awards function every year to appreciate and encourage alumni. They also have a twitter account named as “UOITalumni”.
[table id=653 /]