Showing all 2 results
Dr. M. G. R. Educational and Research Institute Chennai Tamil Nadu Aiming to bring about change and progress through education, the Tmt.Kannammal Educational Trust was constituted in 1985 and started Thai Moogambigai Polytechnic College. Within three years of its inception, Dr. M.G.R. Engineering College was founded in 1988, and the Thai Moogambigai Dental College was started in the year 1991. Both the colleges acquired Deemed University status in 2003 as Dr. M.G.R. Educational and Research Institute as per the orders of the University Grants Commission, New Delhi and the Union Ministry of Human Resources and Development, Government of India, New Delhi.
VisionThe 21st century poses a lot of challenges that could be overcome with the help of education and technology. Keeping this in mind Dr. M.G.R Educational and Research Institute University was started with a vision of providing a better foothold for the students of today to face the challenges. To succeed in the world today you need more than just academics. The modern adult is expected to have a combination of technical know-how and ambitious confidence. Being aware of the demand that is placed on the youth today, Dr. M.G.R. Educational and Research Institute University has preserved to nurture and groom young men and women through Engineering, Medical, Dental and Humanities and Sciences.
Hindustan Institute of Technology and Science Chennai,Tamil Nadu
HINDUSTAN INSTITUTE OF TECHNOLOGY & SCIENCE (HITS)a deemed to be University, is a leading prestigious and recognized institution in India, located at Chennai, Tamil Nadu. Commenced in 1985, it offers a wide spectrum of Undergraduate, Postgraduate, Diploma, Research & Doctoral Programmes in diverse fields of Engineering, Technology, Architecture, Management, Law, Fashion, Design, and Arts, Aviation, Applied Sciences, Allied Sciences, and Arts and Sciences. The technical courses at UG and PG levels are approved by AICTE. NBA has certified five undergraduate programmes offered by Aeronautical Engineering, Automobile Engineering, Computer Science and Engineering, Civil Engineering, and Mechanical Engineering under Tier 1 category.HITS is a part of the most illustrious Hindustan Group of Institutions which caters to the academic needs of over 15,000 students. Hindustan is acclaimed with several notable accolades and rankings across the globe. To name a few, QS World University Rankings – Asia 2021 has rated an overall 37th Rank (India); THE Impact Rankings has rated an overall 601-800 rank; NIRF rated Engineering at No. 107 and Architecture No. 20;India Today has ranked No. 1 among Private Deemed to be University in South India and many more.Towering as a portal of learning, HITS is aesthetically landscaped to house 8 Academic Blocks, 14 Centres of Excellence for Research, state-of-the-art Workshops and Laboratories. The learning community comprises students from several foreign countries besides those from India. HITS has curved a niche for itself through established global collaborations with Institutes and Industries to promote Faculty & Student Exchange Programmes, Joint Research, Consultancy Projects, Conferences, and Guest Lectures. HITS has been awarded many Patents, Funded Research Projects from leading organizations like Department of Science and Technology (DST), Defense Research and Development Organization (DRDO), Naval Research Board (NRB), and many others. With the noble vision of the Founder-Chairman, Late Dr. K.C.G. Verghese, “To Make Every Man a Success and No Man a Failure”, Hindustan Institute of Technology and Science chisels its learners with a competitive spirit to face the future. Why Hindustan?
- Above 75% Annual Placement Conversion
- Encouragement of innovative talents & spirits of the students through Hindustan Technology Business Incubator (HTBI) & Hindustan Entrepreneurship and Innovation Centre (HEIC)
- Strong Alumni Network
- Sponsorship to attend seminars/conferences (National & International)
- Highly qualified faculty with industry and academic experience
- Access to state-of-the-art laboratories and workshops
- International Mobility Programmes including one semester abroad program, student/faculty exchanges and higher studies
- Scholarship available for meritorious and sports students
- MOUs with leading industries and institutions in India and Abroad
- Excellent library facility with complete digital access for online databases like SCOPUS, IEEE, Springer, ScienceDirect, Nature, etc
- Opportunity to be involved in various research centres and projects on campus.
- Regular Industrial Visits & Internship to execute projects at national and international Industries/Institutions
- Adherence to Bloom's Taxonomy and Outcome Based Education (OBE) Practices
- Choice Based Credit System (CBCS) for students to choose the subjects and teachers