Showing all 2 results
- Above 75% Annual Placement Conversion
- Encouragement of innovative talents & spirits of the students through Hindustan Technology Business Incubator (HTBI) & Hindustan Entrepreneurship and Innovation Centre (HEIC)
- Strong Alumni Network
- Sponsorship to attend seminars/conferences (National & International)
- Highly qualified faculty with industry and academic experience
- Access to state-of-the-art laboratories and workshops
- International Mobility Programmes including one semester abroad program, student/faculty exchanges and higher studies
- Scholarship available for meritorious and sports students
- MOUs with leading industries and institutions in India and Abroad
- Excellent library facility with complete digital access for online databases like SCOPUS, IEEE, Springer, ScienceDirect, Nature, etc
- Opportunity to be involved in various research centres and projects on campus.
- Regular Industrial Visits & Internship to execute projects at national and international Industries/Institutions
- Adherence to Bloom's Taxonomy and Outcome Based Education (OBE) Practices
- Choice Based Credit System (CBCS) for students to choose the subjects and teachers
Vels University is a deemed to be university established in the year 1992. The varsity is approved by the University Grants Commission (UGC) and All India Council for Technical Education (AICTE). National Assessment and Accreditation Council (NAAC) has accredited the university with an ‘A’ grade. Vels Institute of Science, Technology and Advanced Studies ranked 43rd in NIRF pharmacy ranking 2020 and 100 in the NIRF ranking for engineering category. As per the NIRF ranking 2021, the institute has been ranked 125 amongst engineering institutions with an overall score of 36.63. The university has been ranked 37th in the NIRF 2021 rankings in the pharmacy category. It has 703 faculty members and the campus is spread over an area of 29 acres. As per the official website of Vels University, its mission is to impart knowledge and promote innovative thinking.
The varsity offers diploma, UG, PG and doctoral courses. Vels University has integrated courses as well. Admission to courses is offered on the basis of marks of the last qualifying exam and entrance exam conducted by the varsity, depending upon the programme. Candidates' scores in CAT, MAT, XAT are accepted for admission in the Master of Business Administration (M.B.A.) programme. Vels Institute of Science, Technology and Advanced Studies provides global exposure to students and has tie-ups with overseas universities.
Vels University Location
The university is situated at PV Vaithiyalingam Road, Velan Nagar, Krishnapuram, Pallavaram, Chennai, Tamil Nadu. Chennai International Airport is the nearest airport to the university with a distance of 7.1 km. Tambaram Railway Station is the nearest railway station to the varsity. It is located 7 km away from the campus. With a distance of 9.8 km, Thirumudivakkam-SIDCO Bus Stop is the closest bus stop to Vels University.