IPU CET 2020: Exam Date, Application Form, Eligibility, Syllabus, Pattern
Indraprastha University Common Entrance Test (IPU CET) is a university-level entrance exam organized by Guru Gobind Singh Indraprastha University (GGSIPU). It is held for admission to UG & PG programs in the field of Engineering, Medical, Dental, Law, and Management.
- IPU CET 2020 will be conducted in the month of May and will last until the first week of June 2020.
- IPU CET application form will be available online mode from the month of February 2020.
- The exam is completely offline. Check IPU CET Exam Pattern
- There are 81 colleges accepting IPU CET 2020 for admitting students in various programs.Check Participating colleges
IPU CET 2020 Exam Highlights
IPU CET 2020 Eligibility
IPU CET is conducted for admission in UG and PG programs. The eligibility criteria for each program differs. However, there are some basic eligibility conditions which must be fulfilled before filling the Application Form:
- Nationality- Indian
- Minimum qualification for UG course- 10+2 board examination or equivalent exam
- Minimum qualification for PG course- Graduation
- Age limit for UG course- Not be more than 21 years or less than 18 years
Check course-wise IPU CET Eligibility Criteria 2020
IPU CET 2020 Reservation
- There is a provision for reservation of seats into various categories.
- GGSIPU provides special reservation for candidates who belong to Delhi, while some percentage of seats are secured for candidates from outside Delhi.
- However, if the college is self-financing, reservation for up to 10% will be made for the candidates from management quota.
IPU CET Reservation Criteria for candidates belonging to Delhi and other states in terms of percentage:
IPU CET 2020 Application Form
The university releases the application form through online mode only. Candidates can fill IPU CET Application Form for more than one course by submitting separate forms. There is no need to send the hard copy of the filled form to the University.
How to Apply for IPU CET 2020?
- Visit the official website of IP university
- Click on the link “IPU CET 2020 Registration”.
- Select the exam category from the given choices.
- Enter the required credentials i.e. personal details and academic details.
- Upload photograph and signatures of file size less than 80 kb. The file must be in JPG, JPEG or GIF format.
- Select the course and Test centre.
- Upon submission, you will receive a system-generated log in id and password on your id.
- Pay the application fee of INR 1000 (for each program) and save the receipt.
IPU CET 2020 Admit Card
GGSIPU releases the admit card five days before the exam date. Separate hall tickets are released for each exam. Admit Card is available in online mode only. In case of any discrepancy, contact the authorities at [email protected]
How to download IPU CET Admit Card 2020?
- Visit the official website of IPU CET 2020
- Enter the application number and password to log in
- Click on the link ‘IPU CET 2020 Admit Card’
- Admit card will be displayed on the screen.
- Save, download and take a print out of the Admit Card
Note: It is mandatory for the candidates to carry Admit Card on the day of the examination, else one will not be allowed to appear for the exam.
IPU CET 2020 Exam Centers
- IPU CET Exam is conducted in over 15 test cities.
- Candidates are asked to select their preferred IPU CET Exam Center at the time of application form-filling.
- IPU CET 2020 test center for all courses except B. Tech, MCA and MBA programs is Delhi only.
IPU CET 2020 Exam Pattern
IPU CET 2020 for all programs will be conducted in offline mode. The exam pattern for every stream and course is different. The nature of questions (objective/ subjective) also differs. Given below are the highlights of IPU CET Exam Pattern for different courses:
IPU CET 2020 Exam Pattern for BBA
The paper is divided into four sections. Questions are asked from English, General Awareness, Logical Reasoning and Management Aptitude. IPU CET for BBA comprises of 150 objective type questions to be solved within 2 hours 30 minutes.
IPU CET 2020 Exam Pattern for B. Tech
IPU CET for B. Tech tests candidate’s aptitude based on Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics. 150 objective questions are asked and sectional weightage of 33.33% is given to each section.
IPU CET 2020 Exam Pattern for B. Com (Hons.)
The paper has 35 questions from Logical Reasoning, 40 questions from Language Comprehension, 25 questions from General Awareness and 50 questions from Data Interpretation.
IPU CET 2020 Exam Pattern for LE- B. Tech (Diploma)
For Lateral Entry B. Tech course, candidates will have to appear for 4 sections in IPU CET 2020. The sections covered in it are- Applied Mechanics, Applied Mathematics, Fundamentals of Electrical Engineering and Electronics and Fundamentals of Mechanical Engineering and Computer Awareness. The weightage of each section is equal i.e. 25%.
IPU CET 2020 Exam Pattern for LE- B. Tech
Candidates aspiring admission into LE- B. Tech (B. Sc.) must appear for IPU CET 2020 and give answers to the 4 sections covered in it. These sections are as follows:
IPU CET 2020 for B. Tech BT
There are three sections covered under Indraprastha University Common Entrance Test 2020 B.Tech BT i.e. Physics, Chemistry and Biology. The maximum weightage out of all three sections is of Biology/Biotechnology i.e. 50%. The other two sections are equally weighed- Physics (25%), Chemistry (25%).
IPU CET 2020 Marking Scheme
- Every correct answer fetches +4 marks.
- For every wrong answer, -1 is deducted (except for MBBS, PGMC and SSMC exam).
- Total marks for IPU CET 2020 is 600 (except for MBBS, PGMC and SSMC exam).
- There is no negative marking in DM/ MCH/ SSMC exam.
IPU CET 2020 Results
- GGSIPU will announce IPU CET 2020 result in the month of May 2020
- The overall and sectional marks, roll number and ranks are described on the scorecard.
- The IPU CET Result is required during Counselling so save it.
How to Check IPU CET Result 2020?
- Visit the official website of IPU CET.
- Click on the link ‘Result’ link.
- Enter a course name, roll number and password.
- Click on the ‘Submit’ button.
- IPU CET 2020 Result will be displayed on the screen.
IPU CET 2020 Cut Off
- IPU CET Cut off is prepared on the basis of availability of seats, number of candidates and the number of seats available.
- To get admitted to their desired college, candidates are required to score equal to or more than the released IPU CET Cutoff.
- The closing rank for last year in IPU is given below. It is expected to be similar this year too
IPU CET 2020 Counselling
After the declaration of results, candidates are shortlisted for IPU CET 2020 Counselling. A merit list is prepared on the basis of scores obtained by candidates in IPU CET Exam. For the academic session 2020-2020, IPU CET 2020 Counselling is likely to be conducted in June.
IPU CET Online Counselling
- Pay fee of INR 1000 through either online or offline mode.
- Registration will begin two days after the payment of counselling fee.
- Fill choices in the order of preferences, for allotment from the list of all institutes and programs available.
- Opportunity to edit/modify/add/delete preferences will be given after allotment of seat in the first round for the subsequent round of counselling.
- Allotment of the seats will be done on the basis of merit, respective category, and region.
- Once the seat is allotted, candidates will pay the part of Academic Fee of INR 40,000.
- Visit the designated centre to complete the admission process.
- Carry original documents along with them for verification.
IPU CET Offline Counselling
- Qualified candidates have to report to the counselling venue in person with all the required documents.
- Candidates have to mark their presence to the officer. During the first round of counselling, the candidates are called on rank/merit basis.
- Submit the counselling fee and collect admission receipt from the admission officer.
- Lock the allotted seat by making the fee payment in the next step. Only offline mode (cash/cheque) is not accepted.
- The candidates cannot change the allotted seat in subsequent days for the first round of counselling, but can change in the second round of counselling after payment of a sum of INR 5000 by demand draft drawn in favour of “Registrar Guru Gobind Singh Indraprastha University payable at New Delhi”
IPU CET 2020 FAQs
Ques 1: What are some of the programs offered under IPU CET?
Ans: The programs offered under IPU CET are B. Tech/M. Tech/M. B. B. S/BDS/BCA/BSc./LLB/BAMS/BHMS/BPT/BPO/MLT/BASLP/BBA/BJMC/B.Com (Hons.) etc.
Ques 2: How can the Application Form for IPU CET be accessed?
Ans: The application form can be access online through the officical website of the university.
Ques 3: What are the basic eligibility criteria for undergraduate programs at GGS Indraprastha University?
Ans: Applicants for UG programs should have cleared 10+2 or equivalent examination from a recognized Board/University.
Ques 4: What are the basic eligibility criteria for postgraduate programs at GGS Indraprastha University?
Ans: Applicants for PG programs should have cleared a minimum 3-years Bachelor’s Degree program from a recognized Board/University.
Ques 5: What is the mode of exam?
Ans: IPU CET is an offline, paper-based test.
Ques 6: How many questions do I have to answer in IPU CET?
Ans: There will be 150 objective-type questions in IPU CET, except for Bio-Technology courses, which has 200 questions.
Ques 7: Will there be any negative marking in IPU CET Exam?
Ans: Except for the programs MBBS, PGMC, SSMC, DM, and MCH, IPU CET for all other programs have the provision of negative marking.
Ques 8: Will the entrance exam be common for all programs?
Ans: Although the name of the exam is common, different programs will have a different set of question papers in IPU CET, related to the domain.
Ques 9: Is there any specific age criteria for admissions at GGS Indraprastha University?
Ans: Yes, there are specific age-related criteria for different programs.
- UG Program applicants’ age should be in the range of 17 – 21 years
- MBBS/BDS applicants should not be beyond 25 years of age.
- Bachelor of Vocation applicants should not be beyond 45 years of age
- Maximum Age limit for PG Programs is 35 years.
Ques 10: Can I opt to apply for multiple courses under IPU CET ?
Ans: You can select multiple courses under the same category in a single Application Form. However, to select multiple courses across the categories, you have to fill separate Application Form under separate registration.
Ques 11: What documents do I need to upload in Online Application Form?
Ans: You need to upload scanned copies of a recent passport-size color photograph, specimen signature, and left thumb impression in .JPG/.JPEG/.GIF format and of file size less than 80 kb.
Ques 12: In case, a candidate scores 49.5% in the qualifying exam where the required aggregate score is 50%. Will the candidate be eligible to apply for IPU CET?
Ques 13: What is IPU CET Application Fee process?
Ans: IPU CET application fee needs to be paid via Net Banking/Credit or Debit Cards. Application fee for each course chosen in the Form is INR 1000 individually. The applicant would be guided through the integrated Payment Gateway on the official website for completing the transaction.
Ques 14: I have applied for IPU CET. How can I access the Admit Card?
Ans: Admit Card for IPU CET will be available online on the official website of the university.
Ques 15: Do I need to carry any document with me in support of the Admit Card on the day of the examination?
Ans: Applicants need to carry in person one Government approved Photo ID along with the Admit Card to the test venue on the exam date. Applicants not carrying suitable Photo IDs will not be allowed to appear for the test.
Ques 16: I am applying for BA LLB through IPU CET. Why am I not being able to choose any exam center other than Delhi?
Ans: Only B. Tech, MCA and MBA applicants get the liberty to choose between test centers at the time of IPU CET Application process. For all other courses, IPU CET exam center will be Delhi.
Ques 17: How are the answers scored in IPU CET?
Ans: In IPU CET every correct answer is awarded +4 marks while every wrong answer will attract a penalty of -1 mark. However, there will be no negative marking in case of MBBS, PGMC, SSMC, DM, and MCH exams.
Ques 18: How are IPU CET Results announced?
Ans: IPU CET results are published online, on the official website, by the GGS IPU.
Ques 19: I have appeared for IPU CET. Does it ensure that I will be able to attend the counseling for admission?
Ans: No, merely appearing for IPU CET does not ensure that a candidate gets to appear for the counseling session for admission into GGS IPU programs. Candidates need to score at least the specific Cut off score in order to be eligible to be shortlisted for the counseling process. The cut off list is released separately for all the academic programs offered by the university.
Ques 20: How is the merit list prepared?
Ans: IPU CET merit list is prepared on the basis of individual scores obtained by candidate in IPU CET Exam.
Ques 21: My IPU CET result is not what I expected it to be? How can I request a re-evaluation?
Ans: GGS IPU does not have any provision for re-evaluation of IPU CET scores. For further queries, you may contact the authorities directly.
Ques 22: What factors decide the cut-off score?
Ans: Number of Applicants for a particular program, seats available in the selected program, Marking Scheme, Previous years’ cut-off trend, and Difficulty Level of the Examination.
Ques 23: Is there any fees for Counseling?
Ans: Candidates shortlisted for counseling need to pay a non-refundable counseling fee of INR 1000 in either online or offline mode.
Ques 24: I want to modify my institute preferences for the 2nd round of counseling. Am I allowed to do so?
Ans: GGS IPU allows candidates the opportunity to edit/modify/add/delete preferences will be given after allotment of seat in the first round for the subsequent round of counseling.
Ques 25: Which documents do I need to carry for document verification?
Ans: The documents listed below will be required in original, along with self-attested copies for document verification during counselling:
- 10th Class passing certificate
- 10th Class Mark sheet
- 12th Class passing certificate
- 12th Class Mark sheet
- Academic fee receipt
- Caste certificate (if applicable)
- Bachelor’s degree Mark Sheet (if applicable)
- Bachelor’s degree Certificate (if applicable)
Ques 26: I missed out on the admission deadline. Now my allotted institute is refusing to give admission. What can I do?
Ans: Candidates have to visit the allotted college to complete the admission process once the seat is allotted to them during counselling. In case candidates fail to report for admission, they will have no claim to their allotted seat and any fees paid will be forfeited.
Ques 27: On what basis is seat allotment done for admissions during IPU CET Counseling?
Ans: Seat Allotment for admission during IPU CET Counseling is done on the basis of candidates’ merit, category, and region.
Ques 28: How can I pay the counselling fees?
Ans: IPU CET Counseling fees can be paid both online and offline. Online payment can be made from the applicant login on the official website, via Payment Gateway, using Net Banking/Debit or Credit Cards. In case of offline payment, a cash challan can be downloaded from the applicant login on the official website, details filled in and cash deposited at the bank/branch specified on the challan.
Ques 29: My category has been printed incorrectly in the Admit Card. How can I correct it?
Ans: In case of any discrepancy in the Admit Card, please contact the authorities at [email protected]