ST. LAWRENCE COLLEGE, KINGSTON, ONTARIO
St. Lawrence College Ranking, Programs, Admission Process & Living Cost
St. Lawrence College expertise in Applied Arts and Technology is a private university located in Eastern Ontario, Canada. Established in 1969, it is one of the oldest co-ed universities renowned for proposing world-class education that would channelize the student’s learned skills on a global platform.
Why choose St. Lawrence College?
According to KPI annual results of April 2017, 100% of employers were satisfied with the quality of the educational preparation of St. Lawrence College graduates. Know about some other unique features of the university below:
Ranking and Standings
- Ranked 43rd amongst the top 50 Research Colleges in Canada
- Ranked 58th in National Liberal Arts Colleges
- Offers a wide range of diplomas, certificates, apprenticeship training, and three well-researched bachelor degrees.
- SLC has three well-equipped student residences in Brockville, Cornwall, and Kingston.
- Acclaimed as a walking campus in Canton Village.
- The institute has a student satisfaction rate of 92%
- According to KPI annual results of April 2017, 86.5% of SLC graduates found employment within six months of graduation.
Patrick Bullack, an alumnus shares how happy he was to have two jobs in his field of interest even before he completed his studies. “Thanks for always considering me and hopefully I can be used as a model for the value that making a good connection with your teachers is really worth”, he says.
Explore the beautiful campus of St. Lawrence College
St Lawrence College has 3 well equipped, friendly yet spacious campuses in Eastern Ontario.
- The Brockville Campus is located at 2288 Parkedale Ave.
- Aka the City of the 1000 islands, Brockville is hustling with college students.
- The Cornwall Campus is located at 2 St. Lawrence Drive
- The Kingston Campus is located at 100 Portsmouth Avenue
- The locality around both the campuses is buzzing around a variety of restaurants, entertainment alternatives, and shopping centers present in the neighborhood.
- The St. Lawrence College Residence offers on-campus accommodation facility.
- All 3 campuses have fully furnished single as well as double-occupancy suites.
- Common areas are present for group study and social activities
- Easily accessible suites for differently-abled students.
- There are 294 double and 306 single occupancy rooms
- All the 600 rooms are allocated on a “First-come, First-in” basis
Although SLC does provide on-campus accommodation it has made sure that students coming from far away face no problems while their stay in Canada.
Choose the right one from different programs offered
Programs are available in both full-time and part-time options. A student can choose courses from numerous different types of programs:
- Full Time Programs
- Fast Track Programs
- Online Courses
- Continuing Education
- General Education
With more than 85 programs to offer the university provides specializes in various below-mentioned fields:
- Applied Science and Computing
- Baccalaureate Nursing
- Community Services
- Justice Studies and Applied Arts
- Health Sciences
- Skilled Trades and Tourism
Some of the best programs provided by SLC are:
- Logistics and Supply Chain Management – PG Program
- International Business Management – PG program
- Game Development Technician – Diploma Program
- Mechanical Technician- Diploma Program
- Business Administration – Advance Diploma program
All you need to know about the Application Process
Apart from some specific requirements, there are some documents required for both undergraduate and graduate students.
- Completed Application Form.
- Official Transcripts from high school and all other post-secondary institutions.
- Resume showing educational achievements, work experience and community services.
- Letter of Intent
- Official English Language Proficiency test scores.
English Proficiency requirements
- An international candidate must prove his/her proficiency in English through English Language Tests accepted by SLC.
- Following tests and scores are accepted by the University as a measure of English Proficiency: –
When, how and where to apply?
Applicants can apply as soon as the forms are out in October.
- Only applicants who apply before the Equal Consideration Date will be considered. Applications will be considered on a first-come, first served basis.
- International Students can apply all year-round.
- Application Deadline for Fall Semester- 1st February.
- Application Deadline for Spring Semester- 1st November.
SLC offers different application procedures based on the type of courses and applying students. There are however a few common steps for applying:
- Visit the website of the St. Lawrence College.
- Choose the program from the official website and the schedule according to your convenience.
- On selecting the desired program, a student can apply through Ontario Universities Application center.
- International students can fill OUAC 105 International Application.
- The application fee for both Domestic and International students is fixed at $60.
- Can be paid via Credit Card or a Telegraph
What to do next?
- Aspiring applicants must select the program and check its requirements on the official website.
- International students are also required to fulfill the requirements stated for their country.
What it costs to study in St. Lawrence College
At St. Lawrence College, the tuition and incidental fees are in accordance with the framework provided by Ministry of Advanced Education and Skills Development. Estimated tuition fee at SLC for domestic students is provided below:
For Domestic Students:
For International Students:
The cost for the 2018/2019 academic year is $6386.00. An initial payment of $250 at the time of acceptance to residence is required ($250 towards a damage deposit).
Option 1 – $2,000 ($1,000 per semester)* tax exemption
Option 2 – $1,700 ($750 + $100 tx = $850 per semester, inclusive of HST
Financial aids to help students fund their education
Numerous scholarships, awards and bursaries are available for students at St. Lawrence College.
Scholarships are available based on academic and extracurricular performances and financial need. A few scholarships are given below:
Some of the awards presented to students of St Lawrence College are:
- Athlete of the year
- Fair Play Award
- Business Leadership Award
- Carole Brouse Nursing Award
- FIT Philanthropy Award
- Peter Lem Memorial Award
- Bursaries are small amount provided by the university to aid other financial sources of the enrolled students.
- Bursary applications are accepted in 3 rounds plus an extra winter round.
- Round 1: Feb 1 – April 30
- Round 2: May 1 – June 30
- Round 3: July 1 – Aug 30
- Winter Round: Oct 1 – Dec 30
- Some of the bursaries presented to students of St Lawrence College are:
- Allan and Peggy Cohoe Memorial Bursary
- Frontenac Community Futures Development Corporation Bursary
- La Vache Rouge Bursary
- St. Lawrence College Foundation Bursary
- Volker Thomsen New Canadian Opportunities Bursary
- Anna and Edward Churchill Bursary
Knowing a few from the wide alumni network
- St Lawrence College is renowned to be the birthplace of numerous notable alumni out of which some are listed below:
- Mark Gerretsen- Canadian Politician
- Ruth Ellen Brosseau- Member of the Canadian House of Commons
- Daniel Beals- Politian and well acclaimed Director
- Bill Buxton- Canadian Computer Scientist
- John Cleary- Ontario based politician
- Patrick Rouble- Canadian Politician
- Being a St. Lawrence alumnus has its perks as alumni get the following benefits:
- Discounts/group rates
- Recognition opportunities such as Premier’s awards and Honorary diplomas
- Reunions and Grad find service
- Voyageur magazine
- Explorer (e-newsletter)
[table id=639 /]
Be the first to review “ST. LAWRENCE COLLEGE, KINGSTON, ONTARIO” Cancel reply
You must be logged in to post a review.
There are no reviews yet.