Showing all 8 results
The university was established in 1957 as an aided college by Padma Bhushan Dr. T.S. Avinashilingam under the jurisdiction of Avinashilingam Education Trust. The campus of Avinashilingam University is spread over an area of 111 acres of land. The university is accredited by the National Assessment and Accreditation Council (NAAC). Avinashilingam Institute for Home Science and Higher Education for Women is also recognised by the University Grants Commission (UGC). The mission and vision of the university is to provide global standard quality education for the empowerment and self-development of women.
The popular courses offered by the university are B.Sc., B.A., B.Com, B.C.A., B.Ed., M.Sc., M.A., M.C.A., M.Com, M.B.A and M.Ed. Candidates have to go through the screening process of the university to get admission in the courses. Avinashilingam Institute for Home Science and Higher Education for Women has a total of 324 faculty members. The total number of students enrolled in the university is 8108. Thus, the student-teacher ratio at Avinashilingam University is 25:1. The university also has many clubs, committees and societies. Avinashilingam University has many collaborations too.
There are many facilities available at the university. Some of them are girls hostel, medical clinic, library, auditorium, sports, gym, IT infrastructure, wi-fi, cafeteria, laboratories, bank, facilities for differently-abled, etc. Avinashilingam University has a placement cum career guidance cell, which helps in the placement of the students. The placement cell also conducts activities like workshops, seminars, mock interviews, group discussions, aptitude tests to train students for placement. The university also provides scholarships to students. Students can also avail central government scholarships at Avinashilingam University. The university has secured 75th rank in the University category in NIRF 2021 Ranking with an overall score of 41.24 out of 100.
Avinashilingam University Location
The university is located at Bharathi Park Road, near Forest College Campus, Saibaba Colony, Coimbatore, Tamil Nadu. There are various modes of transport to reach Avinashilingam University. One can travel by air, road or rail to reach the university. The nearest airport to the university is Coimbatore International Airport. The distance between the airport and the university is 12.2 km and would take approximately 30 minutes by cab or auto. Coimbatore Junction Railway Station is the nearest railway station to Avinashilingam Institute for Home Science and Higher Education for Women. It is 4.1 km away and would take 10 minutes from a cab or auto. The nearest bus stop is Alagesan Road Bus Stop and is 450 m far from the university. It would take 1 minute from the bus stop to reach the university.
VisionThe 21st century poses a lot of challenges that could be overcome with the help of education and technology. Keeping this in mind Dr. M.G.R Educational and Research Institute University was started with a vision of providing a better foothold for the students of today to face the challenges. To succeed in the world today you need more than just academics. The modern adult is expected to have a combination of technical know-how and ambitious confidence. Being aware of the demand that is placed on the youth today, Dr. M.G.R. Educational and Research Institute University has preserved to nurture and groom young men and women through Engineering, Medical, Dental and Humanities and Sciences.
Vision"Strive for Perfection and Settle for Excellence"
MissionThe mission of the college is to impart holistic education, aiming to make the students time and market relevant, globally competent, morally upright and socially responsible citizens.
Objectives• To foster an environment that is conducive to the pursuit of knowledge. • To enhance the professional competencies and soft skills of the students. • To promote and enhance learning that lasts forever. • To prepare and train students in a manner which converts them into a work-ready force.
Quality Policy• To foster an environment that is conducive to the pursuit of knowledge. • To enhance the professional competencies and soft skills of the students. • To promote and enhance learning that lasts forever. • To prepare and train students in a manner which converts them into a work-ready force.
- Create and circularize an environment of learning and analysis.
- Multidimensional temperament development of the learners.
- Fulfill the requirements of country and also the community at massive.
- Adopt innovative ways of teaching.
- Support information coaching with co- information and further information activities.
- Provide learner-centric educational and private enrichment programmes.
- Integrative and comprehensive approach towards numerous disciplines.
- Nurturing talent and power, gaining information and skills.
- Inculcate analytical perspective and scientific temperament.
- Marathwada Institute of Technology, Bulandshahr conducts online application process for all its courses.
- Admission to B.Tech is done either through UPSEE conducted by AKTU or JEE Main Examination.
- Admissions to BCA and MCA are done on the basis of merit in the pre-qualifying examination.
- However, candidates holding a valid UPSEE or NIMCET score will be given preference for admission to the MCA.
- With the consonance of vision and realistic dream of the founder President Sant cake Hari Singh terrorist group Kaharpuri, the terminus of the faculty, to achieve the excellence and impart the standard education to the socially, economically and educationally backward individuals of this drastically underprivileged and backward rural-Kandi space.
- To establish and maintain visible analysis centers to advance data, skilled practices, and innovation in education and therefore the human services.
- To establish linkages with top-notched industrial units in Punjab and different leading areas of India for the promotion of basic similarly as technology.
- To increase faculty’s pedantic productivity and quality to reinforce the prominence of school.