JEE Main Chapter wise Weightage 2020: Physics, Chemistry & Mathematics Weightage
JEE Main 2020 chapter-wise weightage and total questions for Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics are given below.
While preparing for the JEE Main examination, in which the level of competition is sky-high, candidates would certainly want to know the JEE Main chapter wise weightage for each subject. In this article, we will discuss the JEE Main 2020 chapter wise weightage for Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics. However, candidates should have equal knowledge of each chapter. To obtain a good rank in JEE Main exam, it is also advisable not to keep the weightage of the topics in mind while studying them. Study each topic with utmost dedication and seriousness. The only way through which one can ace this exam is by preparing for the worst. However, to ease the curiosity among students we have provided JEE Main 2020 chapter wise weightage and total questions for each subject. By now, it is also expected that candidates have been thorough with JEE Main 2020 syllabus prescribed by the NTA.
JEE Main is one of the most competitive examinations in the country. Candidates appear for the JEE Main exam for admission to various NITs, IIITs and CFTIs and a fraction of students appear to qualify for JEE Main Advanced to get admission in IITs.
The JEE Main is held twice a year. For the academic year 2020-21, JEE Main 2020 January session was held from January 1 to 6 while the April session will be held from September 1 to 6. The National Testing Agency (NTA) postponed the second session of JEE Main 2020 due to COVID-19 outbreak and lockdown.
JEE Main Chapter wise Weightage 2020: Mathematics
Below are the chapters, total questions and weightage from each chapter of Mathematics paper.
|Permutations & Combinations||1||3.3%|
|Height & Distance||1||3.3%|
|The Area under the Curve||1||3.3%|
|Tangents and Normals||1||3.3%|
|Maxima and Minima||1||3.3%|
|Sequences & Series||2||6.6%|
JEE Main 2020 Books for Mathematics
Mathematics subject is vast and it is also considered as a challenging subject. Students have to master the theorems and have a clear understanding of the underlying concepts. The important Mathematics books for JEE Main preparation are:
- IIT Mathematics by R.D Sharma
- The Pearson guide to complete mathematics by SL Loney
- Integral calculus and Differential calculus for IIT JEE by Amit Agarwal
- Course in Mathematics for IIT-JEE by TMH Publications
- Arihant Publications Vectors and RD Geometry book
- Introduction to Probability and its applications for JEE Main and advanced by Wiliam Feller
JEE Main Chapter wise Weightage 2020: Physics
Below are the chapters, total questions and weightage from each chapter of Physics paper.
|Simple Harmonic Motion||1||3.3%|
|Error in Measurement||1||3.3%|
|Magnetic Effect of Current and Magnetism||2||6.6%|
|Kinetic Theory of Gases & Thermodynamics||2||6.6%|
|Work, Energy, and Power||2||6.6%|
|Laws of Motion||2||6.6%|
|Centre Of Mass||2||6.6%|
JEE Main 2020 Books for Physics
Physics is also one of the toughest paper to clear in a competitive examination, as it is consists of its fundamental concepts. Below are a few of the best books, which have helped candidates to score better marks in the entrance exam.
- Understanding Physics for JEE Main and JEE Advanced by D C Pandey
- Understanding Physics Electricity and Magnetism by D C Pandey
- Concepts of Physics (Volume 1 and 2) by H C Verma
- Complete Physics for JEE main by I E Irodov
- Problems in General Physics by I E Irodov
JEE Main Chapter wise Weightage 2020: Chemistry
Below are the chapters, total questions and weightage from each chapter of Chemistry paper.
|Solution & Colligative Properties||1||3.3%|
|General Organic Chemistry||1||3.3%|
|Carboxylic Acids & their Derivatives||1||3.3%|
|Carbohydrates, Amino-Acids, and Polymers||1||3.3%|
|Chemical And Ionic Equilibrium||2||6.6%|
|Solid-State And Surface Chemistry||2||6.6%|
|Nuclear & Environmental Chemistry||2||6.6%|
|Thermodynamics & the Gaseous State||2||6.6%|
|Transition Elements & Coordination Compounds||3||9.9%|
|Periodic table, s and p-Block Elements||3||9.9%|
Best Books for JEE Main 2020 Chemistry
JEE Main Chemistry is divided into physical, inorganic and organic. Study with regular revision is important to master the subject as it involves a number of reactions and formulas. Some best books for effective preparation of chemistry are:
- IIT Chemistry by O P Tandon
- Organic Chemistry by Morrison and Boyd
- Complete Chemistry for JEE Main by NCERT
- Physical Chemistry by O P Tandon
- Organic Chemistry by Solomon and Fryhle
- Concise Inorganic Chemistry by J D Lee
- Textbook for the Modern Approach to Chemical Calculations by R C Mukherjee
- Numerical Chemistry by P Bahadur