VITEEE 2020 Registration (Open), Exam Date, Eligibility, Pattern, Syllabus and Preparation
VITEEE is a university-level engineering entrance exam conducted by Vellore Institute of Technology. All the eligible candidates can apply for admission to B.Tech programs offered at VIT Vellore, Chennai, Bhopal and Amravati.
Both online and offline registration will remain open till Feb 29, 2020. You can visit the official website vit.ac.in for online registration. VITEEE 2020 is scheduled to be held on April 13 to 19, 2020 in computer based mode.
Aspirants must obtain a minimum of 60% aggregate marks in Chemistry, Physics, Biology/Mathematics in Class 12. Around 2 lakh candidates appear for VITEEE every year.
The 2.5 hours long entrance test will have 125 multiple choice questions on Chemistry, Physics, Biology/Mathematics, Aptitude, and English sections. Students can select the exam centers from 124 Indian cities and 4 international cities including Dubai, Muscat, Qatar, and Kuwait to compete for 5000 engineering seats
VITEEE Exam Dates
VITEEE Admit Card
VITEEE Exam Pattern
Read the article below to know more about Registration Process, Exam Pattern, Syllabus, Cut Off and more.
VITEEE 2020 Highlights
The key points about VITEEE 2020 are highlighted below:
BHU UET 2020 Exam Dates
VIT, Vellore will soon announce the Official VITEEE 2020 Exam Dates. Meanwhile, candidates can have a look at the tentative exam schedule:
VITEEE 2020 Exam Sessions
VITEEE will be conducted in 3 shifts a day. The duration of each paper is 2.5 hours. The stretch of exam days depends on the number of registrants and exam centers.
VITEEE Eligibility Criteria 2020
Candidates willing to appear in this engineering entrance exam must make sure that they satisfy VITEEE Eligibility Criteria specified by Vellore Institute of Technology:
- Candidate should be a resident or non-resident Indian National.
- Foreign students can apply under the Foreign category.
- Candidates must have an aggregate score of 60% in Chemistry, Physics and Mathematics/Biology in class 12.
- Candidates belonging to SC/ ST, Jammu, and Kashmir, North Indian states should have an aggregate of 50% in the above-mentioned subjects.
- Appearing students can also apply for the exam.
- Candidates’ date of birth should fall on or after July 1, 1998 to be eligible for VITEEE 2020.
VITEEE Application Form 2020
A candidate can apply for VITEEE 2020 in either Online mode or Offline mode. The online application forms for VITEEE will be available till Feb 29, 2020. You can visit the official website vit.ac.in. to fill the online forms. The offline application form can be collected from VIT campuses.
VITEEE Registration 2020 – Online Mode
Candidates can download the online application form by visiting the official website of VIT University. VITEEE Application Form 2020 must be filled and submitted on the website only. Online Registration includes steps as mentioned below:
Step 1: Visit the official website of VIT i.e. vit.ac.in
Step 2: Complete your registration and confirm your Application Number and Password through email Id and password
Step 3: Fill-up VIT 2020 application form
Step 4: Select payment mode: Net Banking/Credit card/Debit card/Paytm
Step 5: Download the application form for future reference.
VITEEE Registration – Offline Mode
Candidates can obtain offline application form from the designated places mentioned on the University website. You can also the forms from VIT Campuses. The filled-in application form should reach University address by registered post or speed post. Candidates can send the offline application forms at:
Admission Officer, VIT University
Vellore – 632014
Tamil Nadu, India
VITEEE 2020 Application Fee
The application fee for VITEEE 2020 is represented in the following table:
VITEEE Slot Booking and Exam Centers
VITEEE is held over a period of several days and slots. A candidate can choose the day of examination and the slot according to his/her convenience. VIT will open Online Test Booking System (OTBS) for slot booking in the 3rd week of March 2020. The option for selecting VITEEE 2020 Exam Centers will be available during the slot booking process from the 3rd week of March 2020.
To book your Exam Centre and slot:
Step 1: Visit the official website of VIT i.e vit.ac.in and click on “ Book a seat”.
Step 2: Select the state and city for the test.
Step 3: Select the test center and time slot for VITEEE 2020.
Step 4: Click on “Book “ to confirm your slot booking.
- VITEEE Slot Booking is done on the basis of first come first allot.
- VITEEE OTBS 2020 will be a real-time application. The booking window will be open for only 1 minute. Candidates need to fill in all the particulars in that particular time period only.
- Candidates can only select the slot once. No further changes can be made.
VITEEE Admit Card 2020
As soon as slot booking is done, VITEEE Admit Card/ Hall Ticket will be generated automatically.
- The admit card will be available in the 3rd week of March 2020.
- Candidates can download their admit card from the official website i.e. vit.ac.in.
- Candidates must bring their admit card along with an original photo ID proof on the exam day.
- VITEEE Admit Card will contain details such as candidate’s name, roll number, allotted exam date, time and exam center.
- Candidates must cross check all the details mentioned in the admit card and in case of discrepancy, contact VIT campus.
VITEEE Exam Pattern 2020 (Revised)
VITEEE 2020 Exam Pattern has been revised. Now, the paper will 5 sections instead of 4.The newly added Aptitude section will have 10 questions. It is very necessary for aspirants to know the updated VITEEE Exam Pattern 2020 as it will give guide you to prepare well for the exam.
- Mode of Exam: Online mode.
- Duration of Exam: The duration of VITEEE 2020 is 2.5 hours.
- Language: The question paper is set in the English language only.
- Paper Type: The paper will have Multiple Choice Questions (MCQ).
- Number of Questions: Question paper will consist of 125 questions.
- Sections: The questions will be framed out of Physics, Chemistry, Mathematics/Biology, Aptitude & English subjects.
- Slots: The exam will be organized in 3 sessions each day.
- Marking Scheme: 1 mark will be awarded for each right answer.
- Negative Marking: There is no negative marking.
VITEEE Section-wise Pattern (Updated)
The following table shows the sectional pattern of questions from Physics, English, Aptitude, Chemistry, and Mathematics/Biology. There is no negative marking for incorrect answers. The selection of pattern has to be decided at the time of VITEEE slot booking 2020.
VITEEE Syllabus 2020
VITEEE 2020 question paper will consist of 125 MCQs from 5 subjects i.e. Physics, Chemistry, Mathematics/ Biology, English and Aptitude. Candidates must go through the syllabus well so that they can prepare for the examination. VITEEE 2020 Syllabus includes the curriculum of class 12 and class 11 (Science stream), similar to CBSE and Tamil Nadu State Board of Higher Secondary. Some of the most important topics for VITEEE 2020 are:
VITEEE Sample Papers 2020
We have compiled some of the VITEEE Sample Papers for the aspirants. These question papers will help you to understand the test pattern and improve the preparation level. VIT University also releases the official mock tests at its website.
- Solving practice papers will give you a fair idea about how questions can be expected in VITEEE 2020.
- A candidate can analyze and plan the amount of time to be devoted to each section.
- Practicing VITEEE Mock Tests will also help in carving out the strong and weak areas of the candidates.
Hence, it is advisable to practice these beforehand, to excel in VIT Engineering Entrance Examination.
VITEEE Paper Analysis
VITEEE 2019 section-wise paper analysis is described below:
- VITEEE 2019 was moderate to difficult level exam. Maximum questions were asked from the prescribed syllabus.
- VITEEE Physics paper was moderately difficult. Most of the questions were asked from Electromagnetics, Current Electricity, Laws of Motion and work, Energy and Power, etc.
- Chemistry paper was not much difficult. The topics asked in VITEEE 2019 included Thermodynamics, Electrochemistry, Chemical Kinetics and Equilibrium. Questions based on p, d and f block were also asked.
- Mathematics questions were evenly distributed. Few candidates found mathematics section difficult while some found it moderately difficult.
- VITEEE Biology section was considered to be the toughest. Most of the questions were based on Genetics and Evolution, Taxonomy, Reproduction, Human health & diseases, and Cell & Molecular Biology.
- VITEEE 2019 English section was comparatively easy. Majority of the questions were based on English Grammar, vocabulary and Comprehension.
VITEEE Result 2020
VITEEE Result is expected to be declared in the last week of April, 2020. A merit list will be prepared based on the total marks secured in the VITEEE 2020. At the time of publication of VITEEE Result, the rank of an individual will be intimated through SMS, on the mobile number provided during registration.
Equating Methodology/ Normalization will be followed to carve out VITEEE 2020 Result. It is a statistical process that is used to adjust scores on test forms so that scores on the forms can be used interchangeably. Thus, in order to facilitate meaningful and fair comparison for the merit list and ranking of these candidates, the equating method is used to adjust scores of candidates who have taken different question paper sets for a test.
The statistical procedure of Equipercentile Equating is used to calculate the percentile ranks for candidates, such that scores on different forms with the same percentile rank are considered to be equivalent. Percentile Rank is a unique and invariant position of a candidate in a particular group.
Eg.: A percentile Rank, say 85 Percentile Rank denotes that there are 85% of test-takers scores below this score level and 15 percent above this test score.
VITEEE Counselling 2020
VITEEE Counselling is expected to be held in the third week of May 2020. There are 2 phases of VITEEE counselling 2020- Phase 1 and Phase 2.
Phase 1 Counselling will be held in May and dates for Phase 2 counselling for remaining rank holders will be released afterward. If seats still remain vacant, 3rd phase of counselling will be conducted. Eligible candidates can select their choice of course amongst the courses offered at VIT Vellore, VIT Chennai, VIT Bhopal, and VIT Amravati on the day of Counselling as per the order of merit and availability.
Candidates must carry the following documents at the time of VITEEE Counselling 2020:
- VITEEE 2020 e-admit card
- VITEEE Result copy
- Class Xth Board Certificate as D.O.B proof or any age proof document
- Mark sheet of the qualifying exam
- Community certificate (for SC/ST candidates only)
- Nativity certificate (for candidates belonging to J&K, NE states like Arunachal Pradesh, Assam, Manipur, Meghalaya, Mizoram, Nagaland, Sikkim, and Tripura).
- Demand Draft of INR 30,000 drawn in favor of “VIT University” is payable at Vellore
Note: Fees paid at the counselling includes INR 10,000 towards counselling fee is Non-refundable. Candidates without the fee will not be allowed to take part in this counselling.
VIT Scholarships 2020
VIT University provides scholarships to candidates under the “GV School Development Programme” (GVSDP). The details regarding scholarships are given below:
VITEEE Cutoff 2020
VITEEE 2020 cutoff will depend on a number of factors such as the number of students who appeared for VITEEE, total seats available, level of difficulty of the exam and average performance by the students. Cutoff for all the campuses is released separately, based on the availability of seats in the form of opening and closing ranks for admission to various courses in engineering.
- Admission will be granted on the basis of rank list as released on the official site.
- Examinees in the top merit i.e. from 1 to 20,000 are called for participating in Phase 1 counselling on multiple dates.
The below table describes the expected VITEEE Cutoff:
About VIT University
VIT University provides multiple reasons to candidates to join it. Here are some of them:
- NAAC has re-accredited VIT University with an ‘A’ grade.
- Vellore campus is a 360-acre eco-friendly campus with over 50.83 lakh sq.ft area..
- Chennai campus is a 170-acre eco-friendly second campus.
- Over 24,000 students, and nearly 1/3rd of them are women.
- Students from different Indian states as well as overseas countries.
- Over 1400 faculty members and 1413 staff.
- VIT has been accredited by well-known companies like TCS, Wipro and Cognizant for academic collaboration and placements.
- Entered the Limca Book of Records for Campus Recruitment
VITEEE Fee Structure 2020
Courses in VIT are divided into two groups i.e. Group A and B. The total fee for courses in Group A is INR 1,76,000 and that for Group B courses is INR 1,98,000. The academic fee structure for VIT University is given below.
*Note that the VITEEE hostel fee will be applied separately.
VITEEE 2020 Courses Offered
Candidates who successfully qualify VITEEE 2020, can choose any one of the following courses. These courses are available at the different campuses of VIT University:
VITEEE Contact Information
VIT University- Vellore Campus
Vellore – 632 014, Tamil Nadu, India
Tel: 0416-220 2157/ 2168 (Monday – Friday – 9.00 AM TO 6.00 PM)
VIT University- Chennai Campus
Vandalur – Kelambakkam Road, Chennai – 600 127
VIT Admission Help Line No.: 0416- 330 5555
VITEEE 2020 FAQs
Ques. I am an NRI. How much registration fee am I supposed to pay?
Ans. You must pay a demand draft of USD 50 as your application fee. It should be enclosed with your application form and submitted to the office. The last to apply for VITEEE 2020 is Feb 29, 2020. For more information, visit vit.ac.in.
Ques. Can I change my campus from Vellore to Chennai?
Ans. Campus will be confirmed at the time of counselling only. During the time of counselling, course and college will be allotted to candidates based on their preference, rank and number of seats available. No candidate can change his/her course or college after seat allotment.
Ques. Where are the test centers located abroad?
Ans. There are 4 VITEEE 2020 Exam Centers abroad- Dubai, Muscat, Qatar, and Kuwait. The last date to apply for the exam is Feb 29, 2020. After successful registration you can book an online slot in the 3rd week of March 2020. After that admit card will be available for download. VITEEE 2020 exam dates are from April 13 to 19, 2020.
Ques. How will the questions be marked in VITEEE 2020?
Ans. Each question carries one mark. No negative marks for wrong answers. There will be a total of 125 questions in the exam. A maximum number of questions will be asked form Maths/Biology Section and a minimum number of questions will be asked from the English section. A new section that is Aptitude has been added in VITEEE 2020.
Ques. Can I give VITEEE in offline mode?
Ans. No, you do not have the option to give the exam in offline mode. VITEEE 2020 will be conducted in online mode only. VITEEE 2020 exam dates are from April 13 to 19, 2020.
Ques. Can Diploma students apply for VITEEE exam?
Ans. No, diploma students cannot apply for VITEEE exam. The minimum eligibility criteria to appear for the exam is aggregate of 60% marks in class 12.
Ques. Is there any NRI quota for VITEEE exam?
Ans. No, there is no quota for NRIs as admissions are open for all. You have to apply for VITEEE 2020 to appear for the exam. After that, if you score the qualifying cut off then you will be called for VITEEE counseling process. Then based on your preference of college and college, your rank and number of seats available you will be allotted seat.
Ques. Is there any different reservation category for admission through VITEEE?
Ans. No, there is no reservation criterion defined in VITEEE. During the time of counselling, the allotment of seats will be totally based on your ranks, preference of college and course, and the number of seats available in that college. After seat allotment, no candidate will be allowed to change his/her course or college.
Ques. Can the application fee be refunded?
Ans. Candidates may opt-out of appearing for VITEEE exam, but the application fee cannot be refunded. However, if your application form is incomplete or the status of your application is negative, payment will go in for the refund process. The refund will take about 7 days and must be checked with the bank.
Ques. What is the Eligibility Criteria of VITEEE 2020?
Ans. There are certain criteria that must be followed/checked before applying for VITEEE:
- Criterion 1- Age Limit: All candidates born on or after July 1, 1998 are eligible to apply for VITEEE 2020.
- Criterion 2- Qualifying Marks: The students must have secured a minimum of 60% marks in Physics, Chemistry, Mathematics and Biology (PCM/PCB) however for reserved category candidates, a relaxation of 10% is offered. Therefore candidates who have secured a minimum of 50% marks satisfy the eligibility criteria.
Ques. I am a PCB student, am I still eligible to apply for B.Tech. Programs?
Ans. Yes, you are eligible to appear for VITEEE 2019. The following B.Tech programs you can opt for admission:
- PCM (Physics/Chemistry/Maths) students are eligible to apply for B.Tech. Programmes
- PCB (Physics/Chemistry/Biology) students are eligible to apply for B.Tech. Bio-Medical Engineering, Biotechnology and Computer Science and Engineering (with specialization in Bioinformatics) programs only.
Ques. I have obtained 59.6% in PCM aggregate. Would it be considered as 60%?
Ans. No. it will not be considered as 60%. However, for reserved category candidates, a relaxation of 10% is offered. Therefore candidates who have secured a minimum of 50% marks satisfy the eligibility criteria.
Ques. There are discrepancies in my VITEEE Application Form, I want to make changes or correct mistakes, how should I go about it?
Ans. You are advised to be careful while entering and confirming the data. However candidates can edit errors in the form until February 28, 2019.
Ques. I want to apply for Vellore, Chennai, Bhopal, Amaravathi campuses. Should I apply separately?
Ans. No. A single application form is sufficient. The candidates who will qualify VITEEE 2020 will be eligible for admission into VIT Vellore, Chennai, Bhopal and Amaravathi campuses. You can fill in your preferences for all the first degree programmes for all the 4 campuses.
Ques. What is the duration of the exam?
Ans. The duration of the entrance exam will be of 2 hours and 30 minutes. A total of 125 questions will be asked in the exam. 1 mark will be awarded for correct answers. No negative marking will be there. VITEEE 2020 exam will have 5 sections: English, Aptitude, Physics, Chemistry, Maths/Biology.
Ques. When will the VITEEE 2020 application forms be available from?
Ans. VITEEE 2020 Application forms are out. You can fill the online as well as offline forms till Feb 29, 2020. After that online slot booking will start from the 3rd week of March 2020 and then you will be able to download your admit cards from the official website. The exam will be held on April 13 to 19, 2020.
Ques. What is the application fee for VITEEE 2020?
Ans. The fee for offline application form is INR 1200 (inclusive of GST) + INR 50 for Demand Draft (DD) and the online application fee is INR 1150 (inclusive of GST).
Ques. Will VITEEE 2020 be held in my city?
Ans. VITEEE 2019 will be held in 124 cities, India and abroad. While booking slots for VITEEE 2019, candidates are required to select at least two test centers in close proximity to their residence or as per their convenience.
Ques. Is there any way to find out if the application has been received by the university?
Ans. On receipt of your application form by the university, a message will be sent to your registered mobile number. So all the candidates are advised to provide a valid email id and mobile number for future communications with the authorities.
Ques. What is the last date to register for VITEEE 2020?
Ans. The last date to fill VITEEE 2019 application form is Feb 29, 2020.
Ques. Is the application form of VITEEE available in online or offline mode?
Ans. The application form can be filled either online or offline. The application fee varies for both the modes of application
Ques. Are the dates different for both online and offline applications?
Ans. No. All the dates are same for both offline and online applicants. In the case of online submission of the form, the fee should be remitted through debit/credit card or net banking. And Demand Draft in favour of ‘VIT University’ is payable in case of offline submission.
Ques. Are the dates different for both online and offline exams?
Ans. The test shall be conducted on a computer-based test (CBT) platform. There shall be no offline exam. The exam dates are the same for everyone that is April 13 to 19, 2020.
Ques. When is the slot booking for VITEEE 2020?
Ans. The VITEEE Slot Booking will open from the 3rd week of March 2020. After successful online slot booking, you will be able to download your admit cards from the official website. Offline candidates are also required to do the online slot booking. Without this no candidate will be able to get the admit card.
Ques. Is my JEE Main score considered for Institute level seats?
Ans. Your admission will be based solely on your merit in the VITEEE. No other score will be valid for admission in VIT Campuses.
Ques. What is the procedure for admission to Management quota seats? Are there any paid seats?
Ans. According to the official brochure, VIT does not offer Management quota seats; they only have Institute Level Quota seats.
Ques. What is the exam pattern for VITEEE 2020?
Ans. The brief exam pattern of VITEEE 2020 is described below:
- Physics, Chemistry, Mathematics: 40 questions each
- English: 5 questions
- Total: 125 Multiple Choice Questions to be solved in 150 minutes.
- No negative marking.
Ques. In what mode, does the test takes place?
Ans. The test shall be conducted on a computer-based test (CBT) platform.
Ques. When can we download the admit card of VITEEE?
Ans. University will issue admit cards to candidates who will successfully book their online slots. During online slot booking you can choose the center and slot of your choice.
Ques. When is the entrance examination (VITEEE)?
Ans. VITEEE will be conducted from April 13, 2020 to April 19, 2020.
Ques. I scored a very high percentage in my qualifying +2 examination. Will that have a positive impact on admission?
Ans. Your admission will be based solely on your merit in the VITEEE. Only the fact that your PCM aggregate score is at least 60% will be considered.
Ques. What will be my career options after VIT?
Ans. Manifold. VIT offers campus placement to students. Students are placed in excellent companies from varied sectors. VIT has been accredited by TCS, Wipro, and Cognizant for academic collaboration and placements. The University has entered the Limca Book of Records for Campus Recruitment.
Ques. Are there reservations in VIT?
Ans. No reservations at all. It is a deemed university.
Ques. What is the fee structure?
Ans. Total fees to be paid for the year are around INR 1.6-2 lakh. Check Fee Structure
Ques. What is the syllabus for VITEEE?
Ans. The syllabus will comprise of Physics, Chemistry, Mathematics and English Proficiency. The VITEEE exam would be based broadly on the syllabus for XIth and XIIth.
Ques. Is there a Demo Test to familiarize students with the pattern of VITEEE 2020?
Ans. Candidates can access the Demo test on the VIT website.