JIPMER MBBS 2020: Dates, Application Form, Syllabus, Results
JIPMER 2020 has been replaced by NEET examination. Candidates willing to take admission in the UG program offered by the Jawaharlal Institute of Postgraduate Medical Education & Research, Puducherry, can appear in NEET exam. Previously, the institute itself conducted the examination.
Nearly 2 lakh students had appeared for the exam last year which was held at 290 centers across India. The total number of seats available under JIPMER 2020 is expected to be 200, 150 seats in JIPMER Puducherry and 50 seats in JIPMER Karaikal.
Highlights of JIPMER 2020
JIPMER MBBS Exam Dates 2020
Fact: JIPMER and AIIMS are the two institutes throughout the country that have their own entrance exams for MBBS. All the other institutes in India conduct their MBBS admissions via the NEET exam.
JIPMER 2020: Eligibility Criteria
Appearing for JIPMER requires meeting certain criteria on the basis of Educational Qualification, Age, and Nationality. A brief about the same is given below:
- Nationality: Candidate must be Indian Citizen or Non-Resident Indian
- Age for JIPMER 2020: 17 years on or before December 31, 2020, or born on or before January 1, 2003. (No relaxation is considered for any category of candidates).
- Academic Qualification: The applicants should have passed the qualifying examinations in the manner as mentioned below:
- Must have passed 10+2 Higher / Senior Secondary Examination with compulsory subjects – Physics, Chemistry, Biology / Biotechnology, English Language (Core or Elective) obtaining Aggregate Score Minimum 50%. For Reserved Category ST / SC / OBC / OPH Minimum Aggregate Score is 40%.
- For General OPH Category Minimum Aggregate Score is 45%.
- For General OPH Category Minimum Aggregate Score is 45%.
Important Note:Applicants who have appeared or will be appearing in the qualifying examination in March / April 2020 and whose results have NOT yet been declared can also apply for admission if other eligibility criteria are satisfied.
Reservation/ Distribution of seats in JIPMER campuses is mentioned in the following tables.
Persons with Disability (PwD): 5% of the seats reserved horizontally to OPH candidates as per the rights of Persons With Disabilities act.
Note: The number and distribution of seats may vary depending upon the periodic directives/decisions from
the competent authority and Government of India.
JIPMER Application Form 2020
The online forms for JIPMER can be filled until April 12. Form submission has to be done in 2 parts. In the 1st part, personal information is to be submitted and USER ID and PASSWORD is generated on successful registration and sent to Registered Mobile number and Email address.
Step by step process of registration is as follows:
- Visit the official website: www.jipmer.edu.in for JIPMER 2020 Application Form Submission
- Go to Examination Link
- Look for heading JIPMER MBBS ENTRANCE EXAMINATION 2020
- Click on this link for Registration Form
- Fill in Personal Information
- Click on Register
- ON successful registration “USER ID & PASSWORD” will be sent to the registered mobile number and email Address
- Now Click on Login Link as received on Registered Email and Fill in User ID and Password and click on Login
- Click on Edit Button as is shown on Right Top Corner of the form.
- Start filling in the application form
- Choose Category
- Enter Qualification Details
- Upload Photograph of Self and Signature
- Click on Preview to recheck the information filled in
- Mark Check on “I Agree”
- Now Submit
- Take Print and Logout
- Make Payment of Fees by given methods: Online Banking, Debit Card or Credit Card; Before applying for JIPMER ensure you can pay fee through any of above 3 options for payment as there is no any other option
Important Points Related to Online Form:
- Uploading Photograph: The photograph must be taken with a placard held by the candidate indicating their name and date of taking photograph. In case name and date are written on the photograph after taking it, the application will be rejected.
- Uploading Signature: The next document that must be uploaded is the candidate’s signature. They have to affix his/her SIGNATURE in an area of 80mm Width X 35mm Height on paper.
- If a candidate belongs to other than UR & P-UR category, he/she should upload his / her caste /community certificate.
JIPMER: Application Fee
JIPMER 2020 Application Fee will also be paid while submitting the online application form. There are 3 options available for payment of application fee:
- Net Banking
- Debit Card
- Credit Card
Except for all the above given options, any other mode of payment will not be accepted.
The Application Fee is being shown as under:
JIPMER 2020 Admit Card
The admit card for JIPMER MBBS will be issued to the registrants from May 20. Visit the official portal (www.jipmer.edu.in) to access the document. JIPMER 2020 Admit card will not be dispatched via post; it has to be downloaded from the website.The hall ticket will have:
- Candidate’s Name
- Date of Birth
- Photograph and Signature as uploaded in the form
- Roll Number
- Name and Address of JIPMER Center
How to Download JIPMER Admit Card?
Step 1: Visit JIPMER 2020 official website: www.jipmer.edu.in
Step 2: Click on a link named “EXAMINATION”
Step 3: Look for Link Heading “JIPMER MBBS ENTRANCE EXAMINATION 2020”
Step 4: Go to “HALL TICKET FOR JIPMER MBBS 2020”
Step 5: You will be redirected to a new webpage, enter your issued USER ID and PASSWORD.
Step 6: Click on LOGIN and your Hall Ticket (Admit card) will be opened
Step 7: Save it and Take a print
JIPMER Exam Center
As of now, there are 120 cities across India where JIPMER will be conducted. Candidates can opt only three cities for the exam. The exam organising authority will allot the exam centers on first come first serve basis.
JIPMER 2020: Important Points about JIPMER Exam Centers
- Generally, a candidate gets allotted Exam City as per his first preference as mentioned.
- No request for change of center would be considered under any circumstances.
- Exam City preference is only indicative and subject to change. JIPMER retains the final decision on the Examination Center and its allotment.
- If seats for are unavailable in the chosen 3 Exam Cities, nearby examination cities will be considered for Examination Center.
- In case of any unforeseen circumstances, the exam city can be cancelled at any point of time and a new center can be allotted en bloc with due intimation in website/ text message.
JIPMER Exam Pattern
The institute will hold JIPMER 2020 in online (computer-based) mode. The medical examination will be conducted in English medium only. Given below are the highlights of the paper pattern:
- Exam Shifts: two shifts namely Morning Shift / First Shift : 10:00 AM to 12:30 PM and Afternoon Shift / Second Shift : 03:00 PM to 05:30 PM
- Exam Duration: 2½ hours i.e. two hours and thirty minutes
- Type of Questions: Objective i.e. MCQs
- Maximum Questions: 200
- Marking Scheme: +4 marks and no negative marking
Section-wise Question Distribution:
Note: The questions for JIPMER are based on the syllabus as prescribed by State Board Hr. Sec. and CBSE for XI & XII Standards.
JIPMER 2020 Result
Candidates qualifying JIPMER for counselling to the MBBS course will be declared tentatively on June 21. The marks/ percentile scores of individual candidates will be made available on the website i.e. jipmer.edu.in/ jipmer.puducherry.gov.in.
- With the release of results, JIPMER Merit lists have also released both category wise and overall.
- Marks obtained in JIPMER MBBS Entrance Examination are known as Raw Score.
- Raw Score will be converted into Percentile Score for determining Cutoff and Merit / Ranking.
- Requests for re-evaluation / re-checking will not be entertained under any circumstances.
Steps to download JIPMER Score Card
Step 1: Visit official website of JIPMER www.jipmer.edu.in
Step 2: Open link “EXAMINATION”
Step 3: Go to JIPMER MBBS ENTRANCE EXAMINATION
Step 4: Click Download Result
Step 5: Enter your JIPMER Login credentials namely User ID and Password
Step 6: Download and Save it for future reference.
JIPMER 2020 Cut off
Cut off for JIPMER 2020 will be based upon Percentile Score. Minimum Eligible Percentile Score is as under:
- Candidates who secure less than the minimum percentile in JIPMER will not be considered for admission and their names will not be included in the Merit List.
- Only those NRI / OCI candidates who opt for admission under Self Financing Scheme at the time of registration itself will be considered for the merit list to 6 Seats for NRI / OCI status candidates.
- No E-Mail or Written communication will be entertained in this regard.
JIPMER 2020: Tie-Breaking Criteria
In case of two or more candidates securing equal Percentile in the entrance examination their inter merit shall be determined in the following order:
- Biology: Higher Percentile scores in Biology will result in a higher ranking
- Chemistry: If Biology Percentiles do not break the tie, higher Percentile scores in Chemistry will result in a higher ranking
- Physics: If Biology and Chemistry Percentiles do not break the tie, higher Percentile scores in Physics will result in higher ranking
- English Language and Comprehension: If Biology, Chemistry and Physics Percentiles do not break the tie, higher Percentile scores in English Language and Comprehension will result in higher ranking.
- Logical & Quantitative Reasoning: If Biology, Chemistry, Physics and English Language and Comprehension Percentiles do not break the tie, higher Percentile scores in Logical & Quantitative Reasoning will result in higher ranking
- Age: If still the tie exists, the candidate elder by age will be ranked higher
JIPMER Counselling 2020
This is final step for the entire procedure of JIPMER. Candidates who obtain Minimum Eligible Percentile Score, is eligible for the counselling procedure. A maximum of 3 rounds will be conducted. An overview of counselling is given below:
Step 1: Registration
Step 2: Biometric Finger Print Verification
Step 3: Image/ Photo Verification
Step 4: Certificate Verification
Step 5: Counselling
Step 6: Candidates can opt for JIPMER Puducherry (OR) JIPMER Karaikal (OR) May opt out
JIPMER Important Points
- First Counselling for the exam will start from June 26 – June 28, 2020.
- Second and Third Counselling will start from July 24 – August 21, 2020.
- Shortlisted candidates have to report at venue site at the time and date as mentioned in the Call Letter.
- Candidate called for counseling should report at the venue site at the time on the date.
- Candidate should submit the following certificates along with one set of self-attested copies.
- Hall ticket
- Rank Letter
- Proof of Date of Birth (Birth Certificate or X Std. Certificate).
- Pass Certificate of the qualifying examination.
- Statement of marks of the qualifying examination.
- Character and Conduct Certificate from the Head of the Institute last studied.
- Residence Certificate issued by Revenue Authority not below the rank of Tahsildar.
- In case of Other Backward Classes / Scheduled Caste / Scheduled Tribe,
a Community Certificate, recently obtained from the competent authority –
a Revenue Officer not below the rank of Tahsildar.
- Other Backward Classes (OBC) candidates should produce the required certificate as per the format in the Annexure (Given with Prospectus)
- Transfer Certificate from the Head of the Institution last studied.
- In case of Puducherry residents, the Residence Certificate / Employer Certificate as required in the Prospectus.
- Medical Certificate in case of OPH Candidate.
- Six Passport size colour photographs recently taken.
- Non-Resident Indian
Recent NRI Status certificate of the parent or candidate issued by the Indian Embassy of the respective Country with the Embassy seal.
- OVERSEAS CITIZEN OF INDIA- Certificate of Registration for Overseas Citizen of India
- If the certificates are in any other language, except in English, English Translation attested by a Gazetted Officer should be produced.
- If a candidate has chosen for JIPMER, Puducherry, he/ she will not be allowed to change JIPMER, Karaikal & vice versa. i.e Sliding will not be allowed from JIPMER, Puducherry to JIPMER, Karaikal and vice versa. He / She will not be eligible for the second counselling.
- If a candidate who has not chosen in the first counselling. He/ She will be eligible to attend the second counselling