At the undergraduate level, Naraina College of Engineering and Technology (NCET) offers Bachelor of Technology (B. Tech) program in various specializations for a duration period of four years.
Admissions are mainly based on marks obtained in UPSEE (Uttar Pradesh State Entrance Examination) conducted by Dr. A.P.J. Abdul Kalam Technical University (AKTU).
Candidates may also appear in Joint Entrance Examination (JEE Main) conducted by the Central Board of Secondary Education (CBSE).
List of B. Tech courses:
|Course Name||Specialization||Eligibility Criteria||Duration||Selection Procedure|
|B.Tech.||Computer Science Engineering (CSE)||10+2 with 45% marks (40% marks for SC/ST Category candidates) with Physics, Mathematics and Chemistry/ Bio-Technology / Biology / Technical Vocational subject||4 Years||On the basis of merit in UPSEE / JEE Main|
|Electronics & Communication Engineering (ECE)|
|Electrical & Electronics Engineering (EN)|
|Mechanical Engineering (ME)|
- 5% relaxation of marks in eligibility criteria is given to candidates belong from SC /ST category.
- 75% of the seats are filled by the University through UPSEE & 10% through JEE Main Counselling depending on the rank obtained by the student.
- Remaining 15% seats (Management Quota) are filled by the colleges through Direct admissions as per AKTU (Formerly UPTU) guidelines.
|Course Name||Specialization||Eligibility Criteria||Duration||Admission Through|
|MBA||Business Administration||Bachelor’s degree course of three years minimum duration from any recognized Indian University or its equivalent, recognized by A.I.U securing minimum 50% (45% for SC/ST) marks in aggregate.||2 Years||On the basis of merit in UPSEE and on the basis of performance in CAT / MAT|
|MCA||Computer Application||Bachelor’s degree course of three years minimum duration from any recognized Indian University or its equivalent, recognized by A.I.U. securing minimum 50% (45% for SC/ST) marks in aggregate. Candidate must have passed Mathematics at 10+2 level or Graduation level.||3 Years|
- Minimum marks required in the qualifying examination for both MBA and MCA program is 50%.
- 5% marks relaxation in the eligibility criteria is given to the candidates belonging to SC and ST categories.
- 85% seats are allotted according to the merit of State Entrance Examination (SEE) of UP State through counseling as per the directives of AICTE, state government and affiliating university.
- 15% of total seats are filled on the basis of management quota admission procedure directly by the college as per the guidelines of affiliating university.
- For admission in the MBA program, preferences shall be given to the candidates having a valid CAT/MAT score.
NCET Kanpur Application Process 2022
- For all Courses:
- Candidates applying for B. Tech, M. Tech, MBA and MCA courses offered by the institute are required to ensure fulfillment of basic eligibility criteria.
- Candidates willing to take admission at Naraina College of Engineering can obtain the Online Application form from the official website of the college.
- The cost of Online Application form is 1200/- for Male/Transgender candidates of General & OBC category and Rs. 600/- for Female candidates/ Physically Handicapped candidates of all categories and SC/ST candidates.
- The application fee can be paid online through net-banking or credit/debit card.