Jadavpur University: Rankings, Courses, Admissions, Tuition Fee, Cost of Attendance & Scholarships
Jadavpur may be a state-level research university located in Kolkata, Established in 1906 as Bengal Technical Institute and was converted into Jadavpur University in 1955. The university presently operates from 2 campuses i.e Jadavpur and Salt Lake which are 58 Acre and 26 Acre Campuses respectively.
Jadavpur University is one among the highest Universities of country holding a NIRF ranking of #5 in 2020, seeing an onward surge of 1 step from the previous #6 ranking in 2019. aside from this JU has been ranked #75 within the Times education in BRICS. Also, QS World Rankings has ranked Jadavpur University at #651-700.
Jadavpur University is additionally a member of the Association of Indian Universities (AIU) and is accredited by NAAC as ‘A’ grade University. Jadavpur University majorly is split in 3 faculties i.e Faculty of Arts, Faculty of Science, and school of Engineering &Technology. These faculties are further divided into 36 departments which supply quite 25 courses.
Jadavpur University is a public state university located in Kolkata, West Bengal. It has two campuses, the main campus at Jadavpur and the new campus at Salt Lake. It was upgraded to a full-fledged university in 1955. The University has its origin in the erstwhile National Council of Education. Jadavpur University offers UG, PG, and research courses in a variety of disciplines.
Jadavpur University Admission Dates
|4th round Admission of MA (Day and evening)||January 23, 2021- January 26, 2021|
|Application date for Lateral admission||January 26, 2021-January 30, 2021|
|Declaration of shortlisted candidates||30-Jan-21|
|Declaration of admitted candidates||2-Feb-21|
|Declaration of provisional candidates for M.Phil||26-Feb-21|
|3rd Round admission for B.Ed course||January 27, 2021 - January 28, 2021|
|Last date for the Siemens Scholarships application submission (Extended)||31-Jan-21|
|Last date of submitting application form for one year PG Diploma in Human Rights and Duties Education||January 22, 2021|
|Last date of submitting application form for MA Journalism & Mass Communication (Extended)||January 20, 2021|
|Admission date for first list candidates for 2 Year P.G. Diploma Course in Counselling and Stress Management||January 13, 2021 - January 17, 2021|
|Admission date for waiting list candidates for 2 Year P.G. Diploma Course in Counselling and Stress Management||January 19, 2021 - January 20, 2021|
|Last of submission of online fees for shortlisted M.Sc Biotechnology candidates||14-Jan-21|
|Last date of application for One Year PG Diploma course in “Guidance, Psychological counseling, and Family Therapy”.||January 15, 2021|
|Date of interview for One Year PG Diploma course in “Guidance, Psychological counseling, and Family Therapy”.||January 18, 2021|
|Final list of shortlisted candidates declared for One Year PG Diploma course in “Guidance, Psychological counseling, and Family Therapy”.||January 27, 2021|
|Admission date for One Year PG Diploma course in “Guidance, Psychological counseling, and Family Therapy”.||January 29, 2021 - February 05, 2021|
|Last of submitting application for Certificate, Diploma and Advanced Diploma Courses in Indian and Foreign Languages||2-Feb-21|
|Merit list of shortlisted candidates declared||8-Feb-21|
- Admission to ME/M.Tech. program is done on the basis of marks obtained in GATE.
- Candidates are shortlisted for admission to the rest of the programs on the basis of the entrance exam conducted by the University.
- B.Sc Admission will be granted on the basis of Merit in the qualifying examination.
- For B.Sc, Seats will be allotted on the basis of previous academic merit.
- For Ph.D Admissions, Jadavpur University also conducts entrance tests. Candidates having a valid score in CSIR NET or any other nation level Entrance exam will be exempted from Entrance test.
- Final Admission to Ph.D will be granted on the basis of Interview Conducted by Jadavpur UNiversity.
Jadavpur University Highlights 2021
|Name of the University||Jadavpur University|
|Name of the Entrance||B.Tech/ B.E: WBJEE B.Arch : NATA M.Tech: GATE BA/ MA/ M.Sc/ M.Phil / Ph.D: Entrance Exam Conducted by Jadavpur University|
Jadavpur University Courses Offered
Jadavpur University offers various Undergraduate, Postgraduate and Doctoral Programs in the field of Arts, Science, Engineering & Technology, Architecture, and Pharmacy. Tabulated below is a brief about the courses offered:
|BA||Subject: Bengali, Comparative Literature, English, Economics, History, Philosophy, Political Science, and Sanskrit|
|B.Sc||Eligibility: 10+2 + Entrance Test Conducted by Jadavpur University|
|B.Ed, B.Li.I. Sc, B.P.Ed||Duration: 3 Years|
|B.Tech/ BE/ B.Arch||Subject: Bengali, Comparative Literature, Economics, English, History, Philosophy, Political Science and International Relations, Sanskrit, Education, Film Studies, Sociology, Environment and Development|
|M.E/ M.Tech||Eligibility: Graduate degree|
|M.Li.I.Sc/ M.Li.I.Sc in Digital Library/ Master in Multimedia Development||Eligibility: Graduate degree in relevant discipline. + Entrance Exam by Jadavpur University|
|M.Phil/ Ph.D||Subjects: Bengali, Competitive Literature, Economics, Education, English, Film Studies, History, International Relations, Library and Information Science, Philosophy, Sanskrit, Sociology, Chemistry, Geological Sciences, Instrumentation Science, Life Science & Bio-Technology, Mathematics, Physics, Geography, Bengali, Economics, History, International Relations, Comparative Literature, English, Philosophy, Sanskrit, Social Sciences, Women Studies, Cognitive Science, Oceanography and Coastal Management, Sociology, Library and Information Sciences Eligibility: Master degree/ Professional Degree in the relevant subject + Entrance Test|
Jadavpur University Admissions
Candidates seeking admission in the university must fulfill the eligibility criteria as per the program. The selection criteria are extremely competitive and completely transparent.
Students can fill the application form in online mode. Admission is offered on the basis of marks secured in the required entrance exam for each course. This will be followed by a personal interview as well for final selection in the course.
How to Apply?
Candidates can apply online mode through the official website
- Visit the official website
- Click on “Apply link”
- Fill all the mandatory details
- Attach all the required information
- Click on submit button
- Pay the Fees online through SBI Collect system using Credit Card/Debit Card/ Net banking after 48 hours of form fill up.
- After the successful payment candidates have to submit the print out of online application along with a photocopy of online payment receipt downloaded from SBI and other testimonials as mentioned below to the office of the Ph. D. Cell, Faculty of Arts (Subarna Jayanti Bhavan, Ground floor, Jadavpur University Main campus, Kolkata 700032).
Application Fee – INR 500
Jadavpur University Scholarship
Jadavpur University offers various scholarships to the candidates on the Merit-cum-means basis. However, it also helps the candidates in availing the scholarships offered by the State and Central Government. Deserving and meritorious students can also avail 100% fee-waiver and half freeship. Following are some of the scholarship offered at the university:
- National Scholarships
- Merit Awards and Book Grants
- Students Aid Fund
- SC/ST and PwD Scholarship
- Stipend for B.Ed Physical Education
Jadavpur University Placement
Jadavpur University has seen a rapid growth in placement over the years. The institution has a good placement record with the highest salary package of INR 42 LPA whereas the average salary stood at INR 19.96 LPA. The University holds 80% of the total placement record.
In the Academic Year 2019-2020, JU offered placements to 80% of its candidates in top MNCs/organizations where some students opted for a startup as an entrepreneur and rest relocated outside the country for higher studies.
Jadavpur University Facilities
Following are some of the facilities offered by the university to cater to the needs of the students:
- Hostels: There is a total of 13 (4 for Girls and 9 for boys) hostels for accommodating over 1900 students.
- Library: The University has a well-stocked library in a three-storied building. It has 7 reading rooms, carrels, and bound volumes of journals. It provides sitting accommodation for 700 readers.
- Health Centre: To look after the wellness of the students as well as faculty members, there is a well-equipped health center. Specialists visit the centre for 2 hours for three days in a week and a Lady Doctor attends on all working days.
FEES & ELIGIBILITY
|B.Tech||₹2,400 (1st Year Fees)||10+2 with 45% + WBJEE|
|B.Pharm||₹2,400 (1st Year Fees)||10+2|
|B.Ed||₹15,260 (Total Fees)||Graduation|
|B.Sc||₹2,400 (1st Year Fees)||10+2|
|B.Arch||₹12,000 (Total Fees)||10+2|
|BA||₹2,400 (1st Year Fees)||10+2|
|B.P.Ed||₹2,400 (1st Year Fees)||10+2 or Graduation|