Fanshawe College Ranking, Programs, Admission Process & Living Cost
Fanshawe College, a public institution established in 1967, provides more than 200 certificate, diploma, degree and graduate courses to its aspirants around the world. With a total enrolment of over 43,000 students, Fanshawe College is guiding and helping aspirants unleash their creativity and succeed in their respective fields.
Fanshawe College welcomes more than 6,000 applicants from around 100 countries across the globe and becomes their home for upcoming years. Highly committed to student satisfaction and graduate employment, Fanshawe College is making landmarks, having achieved a 90.3% employment rate with its students finding jobs within 6 months of graduating.
Fanshawe College offers admissions in the three seasons of fall, winter and summer in the various disciplines that includes applied arts, business, health care, human services, technology, and others.
- Employment report released by Key Performance Indicators (KPI) survey results, 2019, reflected that Fanshawe College has a graduate employment rate of 90.3% which is 4% higher than the average score of all Ontario’s colleges.1
- Webometrics survey reports, 2019 honored Fanshawe College under top 100 academic institutes in Canada.2
- According to Research Infosource Inc. annual ranking (2017) of Canada’s Top 50 Research Colleges, Fanshawe ranked as #1 for research growth and #2 for research income.3
Fanshawe College Programs, Campuses and Accomodation
Fanshawe College offers various courses to its international applicants and also ensures their stay in Canada is facilitated to its best. To accommodate aspirants, Fanshawe College has the facilities of on-campus and off-campus residence. The detailed information regarding programs and accommodation is as compiled below:
Fanshawe College offers more than 200 courses to its applicants worldwide which includes full-time programs, part-time programs, apprenticeships and skilled trades, open programs, degree programs, corporate training, online learning, and others.
Based on the areas of interest, the offered programs can be distributed under a number of disciplines namely Engineering and Technology; Computers and Telecommunications; Business, Finance and Administration; Media; Arts and Culture; Culinary, Hospitality, Recreation and Tourism, among others.
Some of the favourite and popular courses available at Fanshawe College are:
- Honours Bachelors of Commerce (Human Resources Management).
- Diploma in Electrical Engineering Technician.
- Graduate Certificate in Business (Entrepreneurship and Management).
- Graduate Certificate in Broadcast Journalism (Television News).
Fanshawe College is spread around its 5 campuses, namely London Campus, Norfolk Regional Campus, St. Thomas Campus, Oxford Regional Campus and Bruce regional sites.
London Campus (Main Campus)
- It covers an area of 100 acres of land.
- It has 23 buildings, 1,200 apartment-style residence rooms and 400 townhouse rooms.
- It has the Centre of Applied Transportation Technology (CATT), Centre for Digital and Performance Arts (CDPA) and the Fanshawe aviation Centre.
Fanshawe College’s on-campus accommodation is available in 2 options to the applicants: traditional residence suites and townhouse units. It has about 400 townhouse units and 1,200 apartment-style residence rooms.
Traditional residence suites:
It is located at the London Campus and is spread in 3 residences named as Falcon House, Peregrine House and Merlin House.
- Each suite houses 4 students.
- 24-hour camera coverage for added safety and security.
- 24-hour-a-day front desk staff.
It has 66 townhouse units with 6 beds each, that come fully-furnished with nonsmoking units.
Aspirants who want to stay near the campus but not take on-campus accommodation can find their own place on rent by exploring Fanshawe College’s online rental listings and using its off-campus housing services.
Fanshawe College Admission Process
The admission-related information and the corresponding detailed process for applicants seeking enrolment at Fanshawe College is compiled as follows:
Fanshawe College offers admissions to global aspirants during the seasons of fall, winter and spring. There are no fixed deadlines for admission and students can apply anytime before the early deadline.
The deadline for international students to send admission entries for equal consideration is February 1, 2020.
Note: Applications sent after this date are considered on first-come first-serve basis till there is availability of seats in the respective programs.
Upcoming deadlines for Domestic Applicants:
How to apply?
Application process for admission to Fanshawe College in a few easy steps:
- Apply online at the official website by filling out the application form.
- Provide scanned copies of the academic transcripts.
- Submit TOEFL/IELTS test score not older than 2 years.
- Deposit the nonrefundable application fee of 76 USD.
- Wait for an offer of admission and use it to apply for a student visa to Canada.
NOTE: All the documents deposited should be in WORD/PDF/JPEG or TIFF format.
Fanshawe College Tuition fee/Cost of Attendance
The estimated cost of expenditures to give aspirants an idea of the minimum account balance needed before seeking admission to Fanshawe College is:
Tuition fees for various courses offered at Fanshawe College varies as per duration and level of the program. The average estimated cost, however, is as mentioned below:
International Applicants: 2,135 to 12,450 USD.
Domestic Applicants: 1,035 to 4,590 USD.
Other Expenses including textbooks, housing, food, entertainment, among others: 7,600 to 9,120 USD.8
Fanshawe College Scholarships/ Financial Aid
Fanshawe College provides financial aid in the form of scholarships and bursaries to facilitate education for its global applicants. Scholarships for international students aspiring to study in Canada are available in various forms, like program-specific, graduation and international student scholarships, entrance level, among others.
Some of the scholarships and bursaries available to applicants are:
Fanshawe offers 38,00,000 USD worth-off scholarships and other awards to its aspirants. Candidates who are achievers in their respective fields or in need of financial support are highly encouraged to apply and avail the benefit of these awards.
[table id=609 /]