MOUNT ALLISON UNIVERSITY – [MTA], SACKVILLE, NEWBRUNSWICK
Mount Allison University Ranking, Programs, Admission Process & Living Cost
Mount Allison University is the Canadian Liberal Arts and Science University, established in the year 1839. University has 9 varsity teams, 7 club teams, and 12 intramural sports. Over 2,100 students from more than 50 countries are enrolled at the university. With an average first and second-year class size of 41, Mount Allison University has a student-to-faculty ratio of 16:1.
Maclean’s has recognized Mount Allison University as the top undergraduate university in Canada 21 times, for the past 29 years. University is also ranked first in national awards won and first in the percentage of full-time instructional faculty with a PhD or the highest degree in their field. It was also ranked 51 in uniRank for the universities in Canada
Mount Allison University Campus
Campus of Mount Allison University is located in Sackville of New Brunswick.
- Owens Art Gallery of the university is the oldest university art gallery of Canada, established in the year 1895.
- Some of the other architecturally significant buildings of the university are Chapel, Gairdner Fine Arts building, the Marjorie Young Bell Conservatory of Music, the Ralph Pickard Bell Library, and the Harold Crabtree building.
Mount Allison University Programs
Mount Allison University offers undergraduate, graduate and standout programs.
- Undergraduate degree is offered in Bachelor of Arts, Bachelor of Commerce, Bachelor of Fine Arts, Bachelor of Music and Bachelor of Science.
- Master of Science is the only graduate program offered by Mount Allison University.
- Standout programs of Mount Allison University include Fine Arts, Philosophy, Politics & Economics and Aviation.
Mount Allison University Residence
Mount Allison University has 8 unique residences with a capacity of 70 to 190 residents.
Mount Allison University Application Process
Application Portal: Students can submit either an online application or a paper-based application.
Application Fee: The online application fee of $50 and the paper-based application fee is of $60.
- Sept. 14, 2018 — Last day for registration in Fall term 3 credit courses and year-long 1, 3, and 6 credit courses
- Sept. 17, 2018 — Last day to make Fall fee payment without penalty
Admission Requirements: Considering two years of preparatory work, the student must achieve at least 65% on each academic course considered for admission. This qualifies the minimum requirement, but admission will be based on merit. Students should check detailed admission requirements of Mount Allison University, before applying.
English Proficiency Requirements: International students can submit TOEFL, IELTS, MELAB or PTE scores as proof of English proficiency.
Mount Allison University Cost of Attendance
Annual fees for students, enrolled in full-time undergraduate programs of Mount Allison University, are:
Tuition fee per term (in CAD) for the Master of Science program is:
- First six terms – $1,670
- Remainder terms – $670
Accommodation Fees: Given below is the fees for different types of the room provided for a stay:
Mount Allison University Financial Aid/Scholarships
Mount Allison University offers financial aid in the form of merit-based scholarships, need-based financial aid and student employment. Over $2 million financial aid is awarded by the university, every year. In 2018, Entrance-based Merit Scholarship was availed by over 74% of the entering class of Mount Allison University.
A brief summary of financial aid offered by Mount Allison University are:
Important dates for submitting the application form is as below:
Students are required to submit an entrance bursary application, to be considered for bursaries awarded by Mount Allison University. Some of the bursaries available for students are:
Mount Allison University Alumni Network
Given below are the list of benefits provided to alumni of Mount Allison University:
- Insurance Services – MTA alumni are offered insurance products and services at discounts. They are offered with life and accident protection insurance. Also, they are provided with vehicle insurance.
- Saltscapes Magazine: Offers a discounted subscription to all alumni. Every issue is dropped at the desired location, house door or the inbox.
- Rodd Hotels & Resorts – Alumni are offered a 20% discount at the stay of the hotel at all 8 locations of Atlantic Canada. They must make use of promo codes for alumni when applying through phone or online.
Notable alumni of Mount Allison University are Herménégilde Chiasson (Poet, Journalist & Writer), Edwin H. Colpitts (Scientist & Electrical Engineer) and John Matheson (Judge, Politician & Lawyer).
[table id=647 /]