NORTHERN COLLEGE OF APPLIED ARTS & TECHNOLOGY, SOUTH PORCUPIN, ONTARIO
Northern College of Applied Arts & Technology Ranking, Programs, Admission Process & Living Cost
Northern College of Applied Arts and Technology is located in Northern Ontario, Canada. It comprises four campuses in Timmins, Kirkland Lake, Moosonee and Haileybury. From a wide range of courses, it offers full-time, part-time, certificate, diploma, and apprenticeship programs and hundreds of web-based and correspondence courses as well
Why Choose Northern College of Applied Arts and Technology?
- Webometrics Ranking: 155 (Canada)
- Webometrics Ranking: 9861(Global)
- Houses Haileybury School of Mines.
- Bursaries and scholarships during the fall and winter semesters.
- Spread across 150,200 square kilometers; more than 65 communities within Northeastern Ontario.
First campus built in Kirkland Lake, followed by a second campus in Porcupine, third one in Haileybury, and lastly in Moosonee.
- Timmins (Porcupine) Campus- Centre of Excellence for Trades and Technology; offers cutting-edge programs in trades and engineering technology.
- Kirkland Lake Campus- School of Welding Engineering Technology; education and training in welding.
- The College Residences are at Timmins Campus and Haileybury Campus.
Easy Housing and Meal Plans
- Timmins and Haileybury campuses have residence facility.
- Timmins Campus Residence- 1 mile away from Porcupine Lake campus.
- 103 single rooms, 12 suites and four double rooms.
- Facilities: private bathroom, bed, desk, chair, lamp, closet, drawers, telephone, cable TV and internet.
- Common kitchen with five cooking stations, laundry facilities, and lounges with cable television and games.
Types of programs:
- 75 full-time
- Apprenticeship program
- In-class, web-based and correspondence courses
School of Business
- Business – Accounting
- Business Administration – Accounting
- Business Administration – Human Resources
- Business Administration – Information Systems
School of Engineering Technology and Trades
- Building Inspection Technician
- Civil Engineering Technology
- Computer Engineering Technician
- Construction Engineering Technician
- Electrical Engineering Technician
- Mechanical Engineering Technician
Health Sciences and Emergency Services
- Esthetician Spa Management
- Massage Therapy
- Medical Laboratory Technician
- Nursing (BScN Degree)
Welding Engineering Technology
- Welding Design – International
- Welding Engineering Technician – Inspection
- Welding Engineering Technology
2. Continuing Education
Credit and non-credit courses as traditional post-secondary offerings.
- Child and Adolescent Mental Health
- Health, Safety and Environmental Processes
- Introduction to Photography
- Health and Wellness
- Computer Courses
3. Distance Learning
Develop skills for where you want to be with various modes of correspondence including video and web-based courses.
- Study at any of four campuses.
- Completed in a self-guided environment with due dates for assignments and tests
- Social Service
- Arts and Science
Application Process in Detail
Minimum requirement to a post-secondary program- Ontario Secondary School Diploma or its equivalent.
How to apply
- Visit Ontario Colleges or telephone 1-888-892-2228. Or
- Go to the Ontario Colleges website at ontariocolleges.ca
- Login using your username and password
- Click on the View Offers tab
- Select the offer of admission you wish to accept and click CONFIRM.
- Upper secondary school certificate with a minimum grade of 6.5 in relevant subjects along with English.
- Scanned copies of the original certificates of secondary school transcripts for diploma programs
- College transcripts for postgraduate programs.
- Proof of English proficiency
How to Apply offline
- Visit Ontario College Application Service (OCAS) office to submit an offline application.
- Pay a non-refundable CAD 95.00 application fee.
How to Apply Online
- Apply online via the Northern College website application.
- Pay CAD 100 non-refundable application fee via credit card or wire transfer.
When to apply
- Brazil – 13 weeks before the start date
- India – 8 weeks prior to the start date
- Nigeria – 17 weeks before the start date
- Philippines – 10 weeks prior to the start date
- Russia- 8 weeks before the start date.
Costs and Expenses
The tuition fee charged by Northern College vary from course to course and on place of residence of the student.
For First Year International Students
For First Year Domestic Students
Scholarships, Bursaries and Awards
- Offered by Advertising Standards Canada (ASC)
- Offers an annual scholarship to one post-secondary student enrolled as an undergraduate Advertising and/or Marketing program
- Amount- CAD 1,500.00
Work Study Program
- Offers part time job opportunities while study.
- Qualified applicants to send resumes and a photocopy of relevant degree(s) or diploma(s) to the Human Resources Division.
- Work in the following areas:
- Timmins Campus: Switchboard Operator, Clerical, Library Technician, Information Technology Technician and General Maintenance.
- Moosonee: Clerical/Switchboard Operator, Caretaker and Security.
- Kirkland Lake: Clerical/Switchboard Operator, Library Technician, Information Technology Technician, and General Maintenance and Caretaker.
- Haileybury: Clerical/Switchboard Operator, Library Technician, Information Technology Technician, Security and Caretaker.
Work after graduation
- ‘Emploi’ oversees work after graduation.
- Open Work Permit (valid for 1 to 3 years depending on the length of program) under Post-Graduation Work Permit (PGWP) program.
- Access to continuously updated opportunities and local market information
- Free sessions on Job Search, Interviewing Techniques, and Resume & Cover Letter Writing
- Sessions with employers to negotiate job opportunities
- Final evaluation of placement and full employment support afterwards.
Alumni Association offers discounts on a wide range of products/services.
- Employment by joining the unadvertised job market through employment opportunity e-blasts.
- Reduced fitness membership fee at specific campuses.
- Learning Resource Centers access is free.
- Variety of events like fundraisers, professional and networking opportunities.
[table id=625 /]