Are you searching for the list of top engineering colleges in India? Are you spending lots of hours searching about engineering colleges in India? If yes, then this piece of writing will surely brighten you up.
There are different engineering entrance exams in India at the national and state level. It is up to the students to select the national or state-level entrance test depending on their necessities. If a student wants to secure admission in government institutes such as IITs, NITs, IIITs, he must aim for JEE Main/ JEE Advanced. Such students must be ready to migrate to the place where he gets B. Tech admission.
If a student wants to get B. Tech admission within his state, it is better to aim for the state-level engineering entrance exam, however, can’t be considered mandatory. This is because several private colleges in India offer engineering courses. Besides JEE you can also go for VITJEE, BITSAT, MUOET, SRMJEE, etc, and some state-level entrance tests as well. These colleges are always on the list of best engineering colleges in India. But before applying for B. Tech admission, it is mandatory to have a valid entrance exam score (national or state).
So before deciding on the college to aim for, you need to aim for the examination process. Unlike last year, this year, exams are returning and it is estimated that they are going to be more competitive. This relates to the fact that many students who want to make it this time who are waiting since 2020. So, you need to gear up and do some extra hard work preparing for the exam. To help you know the engineering entrance exam process, we are devising some of the most important facts and information you need to know.
ELIGIBILITY CRITERIA FOR ENGINEERING ENTRANCE PROCESS 2021
- The students must have Chemistry, Mathematics, and Physics as subjects in 12. Also, students must score at least 50% of marks to be eligible for B.Tech admission to the best engineering colleges across the country. However, students belonging to reserved categories such as SC/ ST will have the relaxation of up to 5% for private ones.
- IIT B.Tech admission process involves several stages.
DETAILS OF ADMISSION IN IITS ARE SUGGESTED BELOW:
- Students must secure approx.75-80 percent in +2 with physics, chemistry, math’s as subjects.
- There are two rounds for clearing IIT JEE first is JEE mains, and then is JEE advanced. JEE advanced score is a must point to get B.Tech admission in any
- JEE Main registration for the February/March/April/May exam was released on December 16. There is no age limit for the candidates and candidates can appear for JEE Main 2021, four times a year.
- Aspirants must qualify JEE Main exam. So that they can be shortlisted for the second round exam carried out by IITs. Only the top of 1,50,000 max qualifiers will be shortlisted out of all those who cleared the test. The candidates could not get admission in IITs without qualifying for JEE advanced.
- IITs will release the opening and closing rank prescribed by respective IITs for admission, after the announcement of JEE advance result.
- After getting shortlisted, the JEE advanced qualifiers must register for the centralized admission process for IITs conducted by JoSAA(Joint Seat Allocation Authority)
- The candidates must download and fill the provisional admission letter from the JoSAA(Joint Seat Allocation Authority) website and fee payment is either by e-challan or online mode.
ADMISSION IN OTHER COLLEGES:
- There are several national and state-level tests like BITSAT, IISC, MHT-CET, VITEEE, SRMJEE, WBJEE, etc. which are also some of the prestigious tags in engineering colleges.
- You can apply for these tests after +2(P, C, M).
- After shortlisting, you will undergo an interview round.
- At last, depending upon merit, you will be selected.
- In most private universities, there is an opportunity for getting immediate admission without an entrance score. In some states, there is no entrance exam for B.Tech courses, and the admission is based on Class 12 merit. The fee for these courses is high as compared to those with entrance tests.
Why do you need to look out for the engineering exam calendar?
As we know, the dates come out regularly and many a time we miss the small details. This means that if you are unaware of your dates, you might even miss the exam as a whole. A calendar in this case is a token of convenience. The list of top engineering colleges in India rank-wise has come out for most of the states. You should prepare a calendar that will come in handy to take and prepare the exam for any type. This is easy as you don’t need to search for reliable exam dates, which wastes time as you keep on visiting various exam sites. A calendar solves this issue. You can make a calendar on a copy or a notepad or the computer including the name of the exam, its date and most importantly its last form filling date. You can prepare this spending time once by looking for various dates of engineering exams of this year.
Besides, the calendar you prepare will also help you to become aware of various examinations available other than engineering ones. You may also help your friends who are pursuing other courses such as arts, commerce or medical. Make sure that you also keep in mind the eligibility criteria before preparing the exam calendar.
So, there you have, a few tips and information that will help you understand the engineering exam process 2021. The best thing about this is that every exam will be held in classrooms and examination centers, not online. This gives us hope that everything is back to normal after the pandemic which struck students hard last year. We hope that you will study well and crack the exam to get on the stairs of becoming successful in your desired field of choice.
For any information, contact us and keep reading our blog section for more valuable information.