IIHM eCHAT 2020 Application Form (Released), Exam Dates, Eligibility, Pattern and Syllabus
IIHM eCHAT (electronic Common Hospitality Aptitude Test) 2020 is an online national level exam conducted by International Institute of Hotel Management to give admission to candidates in various hotel management programs offered by participating institutes across India. This year, IIHM eCHAT 2020 will be held on May 7, 2020 ( Officially Announced).
- To be eligible for IIHM eCHAT 2020, candidates must have cleared class 12 with English as one of the subjects. Check Participating Colleges
- On behalf of IIHM, Edexel will organize the exam at various exam centers across India. Candidates can choose the exam center nearest to them.
- The application fee of INR 600 is to be remitted to complete the application process.
- There are three rounds for admission – Entrance Test, Group Discussion and Interview. Check IIHM eCHAT Exam Pattern
- Candidates will receive their score via email soon after taking the test and then they will be called for the next stages of the admission process. Read How is IIHM eCHAT Scored?
- After clearing IIHM eCHAT 2020, candidates are further shortlisted for admissions on the basis of their performance in the group discussion and personal interview round.
IIHM eCHAT 2020 Highlights
IIHM eCHAT 2020 Important Dates
Interested candidates can apply for the test by visiting the official website. Various important dates for IIHM eCHAT 2020 have been tabulated below:
IIHM eCHAT Eligibility 2020
Candidates are eligible to apply for IIHM eCHAT if they fulfill all the conditions. The admission to the course is subject to fulfillment of this criteria so candidates should read the below points carefully and should only apply for the course if they are eligible for it.
- Aspirants should have cleared their class 12 or equivalent examination with minimum 50% aggregate marks.
- Qualifying exam must be passed with English as one of the compulsory subjects.
- The upper age limit is 22 years as on July 1, 2020.
IIHM eCHAT 2020 Application Form
The application form of IIHM eCHAT are available in both online and offline mode. Candidates can submit their forms either on the official website or at any IIHM campuses. The details for online and offline registration for IIHM eCHAT 2020 are given below:
- Aspirants can collect the application form as well as prospectus at any of the IIHM campuses and submit it (duly-filled) in person or by post at the respective college campus.
- Candidates can also download IIHM eCHAT 2020 Application Form from the official website of the college, fill it completely, and submit it at any one of IIHM campuses. Fee can be remitted via cash or cheque or a demand draft of INR 600 in favor of IIHM.
Candidates can also apply online for IIHM eCHAT at the official website. If a candidate submits the application form through online mode, then prospectus will be sent to his/her address via post. It should be noted that the online registration will be activated only after receipt of exam fees made by the candidate in online mode.
IIHM eCHAT 2020 Application Fee
The application fee can be paid via cash/cheque/demand draft (DD) at any of the IIHM campuses. In case of DD, the payment via DD is to be made in favour of “International Institute of Hotel Management” and should be payable at Delhi/Kolkata/Pune/Bangalore/Jaipur/Hyderabad/Ahmedabad. The application fee is INR 600.
IIHM eCHAT Admit Card 2020
IIHM eCHAT 2020 Admit Card will be sent via email to candidates once they successfully submit their application form. Candidates can download their IIHM eCHAT 2020 Admit Card by following the below mentioned steps:
- Go to the official website of IIHM.
- Click on the link for eCHAT 2020 Admit Card.
- Enter user ID and password.
- Submit the details.
- Print/download IIHM eCHAT 2020 Admit Card.
The admit card for IIHM eCHAT 2020 contains the following details:
- Name of candidate
- Roll number
- Address of allotted test center.
- Time slot of IIHM eCHAT 2020.
Candidates need to carry their admit card positively at their allotted IIHM eCHAT test center as any candidate who fails to carry their admit card will not be allowed to take the entrance test.
IIHM eCHAT 2020 Exam Centers
IIHM eCHAT 2020 will be conducted across Aptech Centers. The entire test will be conducted through selected Web stores, spread across various towns and cities in India. You can choose your own nearest center and timings subject to the availability.
IIHM eCHAT 2020 Exam Pattern
IIHM eCHAT 2020 is an online entrance test which will be conducted at different towns as well as cities in India. Aspirants will be allowed to pick any test center which is closest to them. Apart from this, candidates are also provided with an option to select their own IIHM eCHAT exam timings.
Aspirants should note that selection of timings and test center is subject to availability. If the particular center and timing is not available, candidates will be asked to select another one.
Candidates are tested on various grounds in IIHM entrance exam. The test paper for IIHM contains many different types of questions in order to test the aptitude as well as skills of aspirants. Since it is a professional course, it becomes necessary that the aspirants should be judged for overall personality and not just their academic record.
The test consists of various types of questions. Some of which are:
- Multiple choice
- Text fill-in-the-blank
- Numeric fill-in-the-blank
- Multiple selection (Student can select multiple answers in such questions)
- Picture-click multiple choice
It will consist of questions related to topics such as language comprehension, mathematical skills, data analysis and interpretation, intelligence and critical reasoning, awareness of Indian and Global Economy.
There are a total of 50 questions which have to be attempted in time duration of 60 minutes.
Syllabus for IIHM eCHAT 2020
The test consists of questions from Logical Reasoning, Mathematics, General Knowledge, Science and language. Here are some of the topics that candidates can prepare under these broad sections:
Some of the topics covered under the Reasoning section are as follows:
- Alphabets Test
- Mathematical Operations and Reasoning
- Statement and his Product test
- Classification Test
- Venn diagram Test
- Decision Making test
- Series Test
The mathematical aptitude is ascertained by putting up questions from the following topics. Apart from the below mentioned topics various other topics are covered in this section.
- Numerical Ability
- Number System
- Profit and Loss
- HCF and LCM
- Simple Interest and Compound Interest
- Ratio and Proportion
- Mixture and Allegations
General Knowledge and Current Affairs
General Knowledge and Current Affaitrs basically comprise questions from events and happenings around the globe. Candidates must be well aware of all the latest developments around the globe. The questions will be put up from the following topics.
- Current Affairs
- Indian Economy
- Indian Politics
- General Science
Scientific Aptitude and Service Aptitude
- Service Aptitude Questions
English language is considered as one of the easiest sections of all, however candidates must concentrate on this section equally and prepare for the following topics:
- Idioms and Phrases
- Rules of Conjunctions
- Synonyms and Antonyms
- Sequence of words
- Rules of Correct Usage
- Sentence Completion
IIHM eCHAT Result 2020
Aspirants will receive their score for the exam within twenty-four hours of taking the exam. Once the exam is concluded successfully, shortlisted candidates will be called for Group Discussion and Personal Interview.
After clearing IIHM eCHAT 2020, candidates are further shortlisted for admissions on the basis of their performance in the group discussion and personal interview round. Candidates should download the score sheet and keep it with them for further use. They may be asked for it during the counselling process.
- The result will be sent to your email id. Click on the file, save it and take a print out.
- Alternately, you can check score by logging into the website. The link placed “eCHAT 2020 Score” will take you to a page.
- Submit user id and password.
- The score of the exam will appear.
- Save it and keep it for further use.
IIHM eCHAT Merit List 2020
A final merit list is released by IIHM on the basis of consolidated scores from exam, group discussion and interview. The merit list contains names and ranks of students who are eligible for admission to various IIHM campuses across the country.
Candidates can check the merit list on the official website. It will be uploaded online a few days after the GD-PI process. On the basis of their ranks, the candidates will be called for counselling.
How to Download Merit List
- Go to the official IIHM website
- Search for IIHM Merit List 2020
- Click on the link, a pdf will appear
- Save it on your device and take a print out to bring to counselling process.
IIHM eCHAT Counselling 2020
Aspirants who will clear the exam, group discussion and interview of eCHAT 2020 will be listed in IIHM Merit List 2020. The Merit List will be prepared based on the marks scored in accordance with their ranks. Candidates will be called for counselling and seat allotment on the basis of eCHAT Merit List 2020.
The counselling is tentatively scheduled for the last week of June/first week of July 2020.
IIHM eCHAT 2020 Counselling will be conducted by International Institute of Hotel Management for admissions to hotel management courses offered by participating institutes. The qualified candidates need to appear in person for counselling and will be required to produce the below-mentioned documents for verification.
Documents for IIHM eCHAT Counselling 2020
- Permanent Residence Certificate
- Admit Card eCHAT 2020
- Mark Sheet of Class 12
- Self – Attested copies of mark sheet of Class 12
- Category certificate (if applicable)
- Merit List
- Copy of scorecard
All original documents must be carried along with their self attested copies.