LASALLE COLLEGE – VANCOUVER, VANCOUVER, BRITISH COLUMBIA
The LaSalle is a college in Vancouver, Canada which offers courses in the French and English language. The institute offers bachelor and diploma courses in various fields. LaSalle College Vancouver (LCV) opened its doors in 1998 as an English as a Second Language School (ESL).
In the year 2002, the college began to focus and expand on design-based programs such as Fashion Design, Graphic Design,2D/3D Animation, etc. as well as online training programs in Interior Design, Fashion Marketing, Video Game 3D Modelling, and Administrative Assistant. LCV is also a member of the LCI Education network composed of 23 campuses on 5 continents.
Campus, Program & Residence
- The college offers limited undergraduate but various diploma programs to all the applicants
- Animation designing and video game design are the most popular courses among students. College ranked in the top 10 undergraduate schools for video game design by the Princeton Review
- Campus is located in an 80,000-square-foot building in beautiful Vancouver city, designated by the Private Training Institutions Branch (PTIB) of the Ministry of Advanced Education of British Columbia and is registered with the Ministry of Advanced Education, Student Services Branch.
- The College consists of seven schools
- Game design & VFX
- Graphic Design
- Audio and Film
- Interior Design
- College doesn’t offer direct housing option but International students or other students interested in living with a Canadian family may contact the Student Affairs for homestay referral.
Admissions and Entry Requirements
There is a standard application fee of 50$ for all applicants and 100$ assessment fee which is refundable if the applicant is rejected. The tuition fee is different for each program and may vary for International and domestic students.
Applicants can apply for admission in the college keeping below mentioned things in mind
- Not less than 19 years of age
- ACT/SAT/AP scores
- English proficiency (IELTS) scores
- Interview for admission
- Design portfolio for diploma courses
- Official transcripts etc.
Cost of Attendance
Tuition & Fee
*$50 application fee is applicable and additional $100 assessment fee which is refundable in case of rejection
Cost of living
Scholarship & financial aid
- General Scholarship : This scholarship is open to any domestic or international student and can cover up to 20% of the annual tuition fee of a candidate.
- Domestic Scholarship : Candidate must have a Canadian nationality and a minimum GPA of 3.0 or more in order to claim this scholarship. The amount of aid may vary according to credits earned by the candidate.
- Travel Bursary Scholarship : LaSalle College Vancouver offers a Travel Bursary of up to $1000 to cover applicant’s travel expenses. Only applicable for Diploma or Degree program holders.
- Athletic Scholarship : Only applicable for domestic applicant and belonging to sports background is a must. This scholarship can cover up to 20% of tution fee.
The institution has a strong alumni network. The university has some notable alumni leading the respective fields such as Nikki Snider (VFX for Film & Television), Eunice Natasha Gilbert (Culinary Arts) and many others.
[table id=615 /]