Vancouver Film School Ranking, Programs, Admission Process & Living Cost
Vancouver Film School is a private university that specializes in entertainment arts. It was founded in 1987. Offering degrees in sound design, makeup design, acting, animation, scriptwriting, VR/AR design development, game design, etc. the school promises excellent campus facilities and a professional approach to learning.
Vancouver Film School was ranked as the #1 Global Animation School by The Animation Career Review.
The Hollywood Reporter has placed VFS in the list of top VFX schools in the world.
Over 5000+ alumni have been honored recipients of various nominations and awards like the Oscars, Emmys, etc.
Why choose this institute?
- The University has a dedicated professional aim to help aspiring students with global competencies that include skills that are demanded by the industry and in-depth knowledge of the same.
- The school has a great global reputation with about 47% of its student population being international students. The institute offers on-campus industry workshops, production spaces, film sets, studios, screening rooms, etc to boost students’ practical skills.
VFS Campus, Programs, and Residence
- The institute has 8 campuses in Vancouver, each of them, having their own specialities. The campus boasts facilities like workshops, production spaces, film sets, studios, screening rooms, green rooms, theatres, computer labs, etc.
- The institute offers a wide range of programs like 3D Animation & Visual Effects, Classical Animation, Animation & Concepts Art, Acting, Digital Design, Film Production, Foundation Visual Art & Design, Game Design, Makeup Design, Programming for Games, Sound Design for Visual Media, Script Writing, etc.
- The university does not have any on-campus accommodation. However, the school has housing coordinators that help international students in finding accommodation. Students may choose to live in shared flats, lodgings/home-stays or student hostels around the campus.
VFS Application Process
- Application: International applicants can apply online through VFS online application portal.
- Application Deadlines: Rolling Admissions
- Application Fee: CAD 75
- High-school certificates/transcripts
- Place of residence verification
- Student Visa
- Two letters of recommendation
- Recent passport photograph
- Valid proof of health insurance cover
- Proof of funding (frozen account, a formal declaration of obligation, proof of scholarship)
- A statement of purpose/Essay
- English language proficiency test scores: The minimum test scores required are:
- IELTS: 6.5
- TOEFL: Score of 80 internet-based (iBT)
- PTE: Score of 58 – 64
VFS Cost of attendance
The cost of attendance includes various expenses apart from the tuition fee. Some of these expenses are detailed below:
The students studying at VFS are offered the following scholarships:
- The Maria Kennedy Memorial Scholarship– This scholarship is worth $5000 and is awarded annually to a fresher student of the Digital Design course based on his/her academic/co-curricular credibility.
- Kevin Smith -Film Production Scholarships- These may go up to $1 million and are awarded to exceptionally creative students willing to VFS.
- Victor Lucas -Game Design & Programming Scholarships– These include two full-tuition scholarships and up to $250,000 in additional funding to help students willing to enroll in the game design or programming course and in need of financial aid.
- Emily Bett Rickards -Acting Scholarships- These include two full-tuition scholarships and up to $250,000 in additional funding to help students willing to enroll in the film and television acting course and in need of financial aid.
[table id=638 /]