Seneca College (Newnham Campus) Ranking, Programs, Admission Process & Living Cost
Located in Toronto, Ontario, Seneca College of Applied Arts and Technology is a public institution that was established in 1967. The college offers full-time and part-time programs at the diploma, certificate, graduate, and baccalaureate levels. With ten campuses in Toronto and region of Your, Seneca College is famed for being the largest college in Canada. It is one of the top colleges in Canada that is renowned for offering admissions to mature, homeschooled and special students.
Table of Contents
|6.1 English Language Requirements|
|7. Tuition Feen|
|8. Cost of Living|
|9. Scholarships & Financial Aid|
|10. Work-Study Program|
According to the data collected by webometrics, Seneca college ranks 77 among the colleges of Canada and 4381 among the colleges of the world. Given below is a table that shows the QS World ranking of Seneca college.
3. Seneca College Courses and Programs Offered
The programs offered by Seneca College are bifurcated into six divisions and five fields of study.
Besides offering full-time courses like Business, Science, Media and Communication, and more, the college offers part-time programs in areas of Environment, Education, Humanities, Language, Technology, and more.
The statistics of programs offered by Seneca College is given below.
4. Seneca College Campus
Seneca College has three campuses, which are located throughout the Greater Toronto area. Each campus is famed for its own academic specialties and unique appeal. The ten campuses of Seneca College and the factors that make them different are given in the table below:
- Jane Campus: A home to Seneca’s Centre for Advanced Technologies, Jane campus offers its students careers in the areas of Tool Design, Computer Numerical Control (CNC), and Metals Machining Trades, such as Tool & Die Maker and Mould Maker.
- King Campus: King campus offers full-time and part-time programs in the areas of applied arts and health sciences. This campus has 233-bed residences, and other facilities, such as parking, cafeteria, library, learning center, 24-hour security, and more.
- Markham Campus: Markham Campus offers full-time and part-time programs in the areas of Business, Marketing, Aviation, and Tourism.
- Newmarket Campus: Newmarket campus offers programs including employment counseling, job search workshops, and development services. It also provides computer skills training.
- Newnham Campus: It is one of the largest college campuses in Canada. It offers full-time and part-time programs in the areas of Business, Applied Arts, Engineering Technology, and Applied Science.
- Peterborough Aviation Campus: This campus is a home for Seneca’s fleet of aircraft and flight training devices, used by students registered in the Honors Bachelor of Aviation Technology program.
- Scarborough Campus: Here the students are offered programs like employment counseling, job search workshops, job development services, and specialized programs for skilled immigrants.
- Seneca at York Campus: There are different schools located in Seneca at York campus, including the Animation Arts Centre, Communication Arts, Computer Studies, Biological Science and Applied Chemistry, and Corporate Communications and Technical Communication programs.
- Yorkgate Campus: Offers all kinds of academic upgrading courses. Programs like Personal Support Worker and Practical Nursing are provided at this campus.
- Vaughan Campus: Offers academic upgrading program, a tuition-free program that is sponsored by the Ministry of Training, Colleges, and Universities to meet college entry requirements
5. Seneca College Accommodations
Seneca College provides its students with on-campus residential facilities. The residential campuses have a lot of amenities, which are given below:
- A safe and secure environment.
- Fully furnished rooms
- Private bedrooms
- Shared three-piece washroom and kitchenette
- Fifteen different lounges, like a game lounge, study lounge, and more.
6. Seneca College Admissions
Seneca College holds sessions during summer, winter, and fall seasons. Candidates can apply for admission at Seneca college by following the steps given below.
- Visit the official website of Seneca College, and click on ‘Apply now’.
- Fill in the required fields
- Save the application by creating a password and an account
- Note the application confirmation number for future reference, and click on ‘Continue’
- Fill in the academic records and the English proficiency sections
- Choose the desirable program, and click on ‘Submit Program Selection’
- Upload all the required documents
- Pay the application fees through one of the given modes of payments
- Click on ‘Submit’
- Click on ‘Close’
6.1 English Language Requirements for International Students
International students who do not have English as their first language are required to prove their proficiency in English by clearing the entrance exams for studying in Canada. They are required to score a certain number of marks to be eligible for studying in Canada. The minimum marks that international candidates are required to score is given below.
7. Seneca College, Tuition Fees
The amount of tuition fees that students are supposed to pay to pursue a course from Seneca College is given below.
Domestic Students: 3061 USD
International Students: 5187 USD
8. Seneca College, Cost of Living
The cost of living in Canada to study at Seneca college varies according to the needs and requirements of students. However, students can refer to the table given below to get an approximation of the cost incurred in food, housing, transportation, and more.
9. Financial Aid
Seneca College provides its students with various kinds of scholarships for international students, scholarships for domestic students, awards, and bursaries to support them, and to encourage them to study harder. The types of financial aid provided to the students are given below.
- Entrance Scholarships: Seneca College offers entrance scholarships to its students, the value of which ranges up to 1520 USD.
- Renewable Degree Scholarships: Students enrolled in any degree program can be selected for renewable scholarships based on class 12 grades, from another post-secondary program.
- Bursaries: The value of bursaries provided by Seneca College ranges from 760 USD to 2660 USD. Some of the bursaries provided by the college are Bachelor’s degree bursary, Entrance Bursary, and Nursing bursary.
10. Work-Study Program
Students can participate in the work-study programof Seneca College, and sustain themselves in a better manner. They can find jobs at food services, athletics and recreation, bookstore, learning center, and more.
Students who wish to enroll themselves in the ‘work while you study’ program of Seneca college should keep the following things in mind:
- The months of April, August, and December are the best time to find work on campus.
- Students must have an updated resume and a timetable indicating their availability.
- It is important for domestic students to fill the ‘Ontario Work-Study Program (OWSP)’ form, and for visa students to fill the ‘International Work-Study’ application form.
[table id=634 /]