We take your privacy seriously and we are committed to keeping your information private.
- What personal information we collect about you and how we collect it
- How we use your personal information
- Personal information that we share with third parties
- Our legal basis for collecting and using your personal information
- Your rights
- Accessing and updating your personal information
- How to unsubscribe from any email alerts that you receive
- Legal and Contact Information
1. What personal information we collect about you and how we collect itTop
Information that you provide us directly
We collect personal information whenever you contact us and provide us with information that we are able to identify you by, including when you contact us by phone, email or when you sign up to use any of our services. In particular, we collect information about you when you register and create an account, post content on any of our Sites, upload your CV, purchase a product from us, apply for education subscribe to receive a product or service that we offer, subscribe to receive email updates from us, take part in a competition or market research and every time you e-mail us directly. We also collect information about the payment methods that you use for any transactions that you make with us.
Content posted by you containing personal information
If you post any personal information to any of our public forums, this information will immediately be made available to other users throughout the world who may use it to send you unsolicited communications. In some circumstances, we may display pseudonyms that identify you as a user but not your actual personal information (your username for example) when you post material to the Sites to allow users to identify each other.
Information that we automatically collect (including use of "cookies")
We automatically gather certain limited information about your visits to our Sites. This includes demographic data and browsing patterns. Information automatically received includes your: IP address (which identifies the computer or device that you use to access the Sites); the time and date of your visit; browser; operating system; internet connection details, as well as a breakdown of your journey through our Sites and products that you searched for. This is used to build up marketing profiles, to aid strategic development, to manage our relationship with advertisers and to audit usage of the Sites.
Please note that if you do disable cookies, certain services on our Sites may not be available. You can configure your browser to accept all cookies, reject all cookies, or notify you when a cookie is set. Each browser is different, so check the “Help” menu of your browser to learn how to change your cookie preferences. If you reject all cookies, you will not be able to use products or services that require you to “sign in” and you may not be able to take full advantage of offerings or use on all our Sites.
Information that we collect from third parties
Certain third-party partners of us may provide us with information relating to you. It is that third party’s responsibility to ensure that it has obtained your consent to do this. However, where possible, we will request from our partners that they have the right to pass on this information.
2. How we use your personal informationTop
We will use your personal information to enable us to provide our Services to you and enable you to use the Sites, including, for the following purposes:
- to authenticate your identity and administer you’re THE account;
- to personalize aspects of our services;
- to deal with your inquiries and requests;
- to process your orders for any services or products that you purchase from us; and
- to enable our data processors (such as our group companies and hosting providers) to provide services (or components thereof) requested by you.
Additionally, where you have provided us with consent, we will also use your personal information for certain other purposes, including:
- to share with recruitment institutions (if you are applying for a job);
- to contact you about opportunities that we believe may be relevant to you and to provide you with updates about developments on the Sites and information about the products and services we offer;
- to carry out market research or surveys;
- for marketing and strategic development purposes, for example, to identify trends usage; and
- to enable third parties to contact you in relation to services offered in conjunction with us or in respect of services that they provide.
It is your responsibility to ensure that any information submitted as part of the registration process to your user account or as part of an application to a job posting is accurate and up to date.
3. Personal information that we share with third partiesTop
In order to provide the services offered on our Sites, we sometimes need to share your personal information with other companies in the group. However, we will continue to be responsible for the usage and security of your personal information when this happens.
We may also share your personal information with third-party processors or suppliers that we engage to provide services to us and/or support our offering to you (such as our hosting providers). These third parties may need to process your personal information on our behalf to provide such services. Where this is the case we take great care to only appoint reliable third parties who can guarantee the security of your personal information and our business information. For example, we ask each such third party to complete an information security questionnaire to ensure their practices and procedures provide the level of security that we would expect (and is required under law) when processing personal information. Note that these third parties simply process personal information on behalf of the and have no right to use, disclose or transfer your personal information in any other way.
Third parties that we share your personal information with
Where you have provided us with consent, we will share your personal information with other third parties (who will also be data controllers in respect of the information that we share). To the extent you have any concerns about an institution’s handling of your personal information, you should get in touch with that institution.
Other circumstances where use or share your personal information
In certain circumstances, we may be required at law to disclose your personal information to third parties such as government bodies, law enforcement agencies, and data protection regulators.
4. Our legal basis for collecting and using your personal informationTop
We are required to collect and use personal information in accordance with, and in a manner justified by, the Data Protection Legislation. In doing so, we rely on one or more of the following grounds to legally collect and use your personal information:
- we may process your personal information where this is necessary for the performance of the contract which we have with you (i.e. to provide our services to you);
- we may process your personal information where you have consented to us doing so; and/or
- we may process your personal information where it is in our legitimate interests to do so, for example:
- to analyze and create statistical reports based on the services we provide and our performance of those services; and
- for the proper keeping of business records.
Where we rely on your consent to process any of your personal information, you may revoke your consent at any time. Any such revocation will not affect the lawfulness of any prior use of that personal information.
6. Accessing and updating your personal informationTop
You have the right to see the personal information we hold about you and to ask us to: (a) make any changes to ensure that any personal information we hold about you is accurate and up to date; (b) erase or stop processing any personal information we hold about you where there is no longer a legal ground for us to hold it; or (c) transfer any information we hold about you to a specified third party. If you wish to do this, please contact us using the contact details set out below.
7. How to unsubscribe from any email alerts that you receiveTop
If you have elected to receive information about our products or services or the products or services offered jointly with or on behalf of other organisations and/or “alerts” from us via email (for example, by creating an email alert for a job) and would like at any time to unsubscribe from this service, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org or click on the “unsubscribe” link at the bottom of an email.
We will use all reasonable efforts to answer any questions or resolve any concerns regarding your privacy promptly.
If you would like to contact us, queries should be addressed to Customer Services at the above address; or by email at email@example.com