CTET Exam Date 2020
CTET 2020 Notification (July): CTET Exam is being conducted to recruit candidates for Teaching Profile all across the country. CTET 2020 Notification for July exam has been released by the Central Board of Secondary Education (CBSE). CTET or Central Teacher Eligibility Test gives candidates an opportunity to join Central Government Schools such as NVS/KVS/Tibetan Schools etc. as a teacher. States that do not conduct TET Exam select candidates through CTET Examination.
The Central Board of Secondary Education (CBSE) will conduct the 14th edition of Central Teacher Eligibility Test (CTET) on 5th July 2020 (Sunday). The test will be conducted in twenty languages in 112 cities all over the country. The Official Notification was released on 23rd January 2020. All candidates can register themself for CTET July 2020 exam by 2nd March 2020.
Let’s have a look at the complete detail about CTET-July 2020 Exam:
CTET 2020 Notification
CBSE has released the CTET Notification for CTET 2020 July exam on 23rd January 2020. All Candidates can apply online for CTET 2020 exam through CTET website www.ctet.nic.in. The Official Notification PDF for CTET July 2020 Exam is given below. Candidates will get to know about CTET 2020 Exam Dates, CTET Syllabus, CTET Eligibility Criteria etc. through CTET 2020 Official Notification. Candidates are requested to visit this site constantly to remain updated about CTET exam 2020.
CTET Exam Date 2020
CBSE has already published a notice regarding CTET exam date for CTET July 2020 exam along with other important dates. As per the Official Notification & Press Release, CTET 2020 July Exam will be conducted on 5th July, 2020 (Sunday). Here is the important dates for CTET 2020 July Exams:
|CTET July 2020 Notification||23rd January 2020|
|CTET 2020 Online Registration Starts From||24th January 2020|
|Last Date to fill Online Application||2nd March 2020|
|Last Date for submission of fee through E-Challan or Debit/Credit Card||5th March 2020 before 15.30 hrs|
|Online Correction Schedule||19 Mar 2020 to 24 Mar 2020|
|CTET 2020 July Admit Card||Third week of June 2020|
|CTET 2020 Tentative Exam Date||5thth July, 2020 (Sunday)|
|CTET 2020 Result Declaration||27th July 2020|
|Release of CTET 2020 Answer Key||23rd July 2020|
|CTET 2020 Certificates’ Dispatch||August 2020|
The Time scheduled of CTET- July 2020 is given below:
(The Paper-I will be held in the morning session and Paper-II in the evening session)
|PAPER-I||09.30 AM TO 12.00 PM||2.30 Hours|
|PAPER -II||02.00 PM TO 04.30 PM||2.30 Hours|
CTET Registration Date Extended
CBSE has extended the CTET Registration date for 2020 July exam. Now the last date to apply online is 2nd March, initially it was 24th February. and the last day to fee submission is 5th March.
Now, no need to visit CTET official website www.ctet.nic.in to apply online for CTET 2020 July exam. The application link to apply online has been released by CBSE.
CTET 2020 Application Fee
Candidates can apply for CTET 2020 Exam by logging in to the official website of CTET after the notification for the same has been released. A candidate belonging to either the General or OBC category is required to pay Rs. 1000/- (if applying for either Paper I or Paper II) and Rs. 1200/- (if applying for both the papers). The same amount is reduced to Rs. 600/- (if applying for either Paper I or Paper II) and Rs. 600/- (if applying for both the papers) for candidates belonging to SC/ST category.
Fee Details for CTET – December, 2020 are as follows:
|CATEGORY||Only Paper I or II||Both Paper I & II|
|SC/ST/Diff. Abled Person||Rs.500/-||Rs.600/-|
GST as applicable will be charged extra by the Bank.
CTET 2020 Exam Pattern
CTET 2020 Exam will be conducted in two phases:
- Paper I and
- Paper II
Paper I is conducted for candidates who aspire to become teacher for Class I to V and Paper II is conducted for candidates who aspire to become teacher for Class VI to VIII. Candidates also have the option to apply for both Paper I and Paper II. Questions asked in both Paper I and Paper II are Objective Multiple Choice Questions. Paper is bilingual, i.e. in both English and Hindi. A candidate is required to score minimum 60% to qualify CTET 2020 Exam. One major thing to note is that the score of CTET is valid for 7 years after the result has been declared for the same by CBSE.
Let’s have a look at detailed Exam Pattern for CTET 2020 July Exam:
CTET Paper I Exam Pattern
|Subject||Number of Questions||Total Marks|
|Language I (compulsory)||30||30|
|Language II (compulsory)||30||30|
|Child Development and Pedagogy||30||30|
Nature and standard of questions:
The test items on Child Development and Pedagogy will focus on educational psychology of teaching and learning relevant to the age group of 6-11 years. They will focus on understanding the characteristics and needs of diverse learners, interaction with learners and the attributes and qualities of a good facilitator of learning.
• The Test items in Language I will focus on the proficiencies related to the medium of instruction.
• The Test items in Language II will focus on the elements of language, communication and comprehension abilities.
• Language II will be a language other than Language I. A candidate may choose any one language as Language I and other as Language II from the available language options and will be required to specify the same in the Confirmation Page.
Opt two languages in which you wish to appear for CTET : List of languages and code are as follows:
The Test items in Mathematics and Environmental Studies will focus on the concepts, problem-solving abilities and pedagogical understanding and applications of the subjects. In all these subject areas, the test items will be evenly distributed over different divisions of the syllabus of that subject prescribed for classes I-V by the NCERT.
• The questions in the test for Paper I will be based on the topics prescribed in the syllabus of the NCERT for classes I – V but their difficulty standard as well as linkages, could be up to the Secondary stage.
CTET Syllabus 2020
The syllabus of CTET 2020 is really vast. It focuses mainly on Child Development & Pedagogy and concept of education in schools. Language is one section a candidate needs to be master in to clear CTET 2020 exam. Apart from that Mathematics, Science/Environmental Science are also major sections that a candidate needs to focus on to ace CTET 2020 Exam.
CTET 2020 Eligibility Criteria
The eligibility Criteria is different for selecting candidates to the post of Teacher for Classes I-V and for Classes VI-VIII. Let’s look at the Educational Qualification Required by Candidates for both these sections:
Educational Qualification for Classes I-V
- A candidate who has completed Senior Secondary or its equivalent exam with minimum 50% marks and cleared or appearing in final year exam of Diploma in Elementary Education (2 years duration) OR
- A candidate who has completed Senior Secondary or its equivalent exam securing minimum 45% marks and has cleared or appearing in final year exam of Diploma in Elementary Education (2 years duration), according to the NCTE Regulations 2002. OR
- A candidate who has completed Senior Secondary or its equivalent test with minimum 50% marks and has cleared or appearing in final year exam of Bachelor of Elementary Education (4 years duration).OR
- A candidate who has completed Senior Secondary or its equivalent test with minimum 50% marks and has cleared or appearing in final year exam of Diploma in Education (2 years duration). OR
- A candidate who has Bachelor’s degree and has cleared or appearing in final year exam of Diploma in Elementary Education (2 years duration).
Educational Qualification for Classes VI-VIII
- A candidate who holds a Graduation degree and has passed or is appearing in final year examination of Diploma in Elementary Education (2 years duration). OR
- A candidate who has completed his/her Graduation degree with 50% marks and has cleared or appearing in final year exam of Bachelor in Education. OR
- A candidate who has completed his/her Graduation degree with 40% marks and has cleared or appearing in final year exam of Bachelor in Education, according to NCTE regulations. OR
- A candidate who has completed Senior Secondary or its equivalent test with minimum 50% marks and has cleared or appearing in final year exam of 4 years duration Bachelor of Elementary Education. OR
- A candidate who has completed Senior Secondary or its equivalent exam with 50% marks and cleared or appearing in final year exam of B.A.Ed/B.Sc.Ed or B.A/B.Sc.Ed. OR
- A candidate who has Graduation degree with 50% marks and has cleared or appearing in B.Ed program of 1 year duration.
CTET Mock Test Series
The preparation for CTET 2020 must be done judiciously if one wants to clear the exam with flying colours. The Exam is going to be conducted offline thus a proper practice in the pen and paper mode of examination is needed. A number of test series are provided by Adda247 & Career Power for candidates to prepare from. Click on the link given below to attempt CTET Mock Test Series 2020.
CTET Admit Card
CBSE releases Admit Card for CTET exam 15-20 days before from the date of conduct of the Examination. The admit card for CTET 2020 July exam is expected to be released by third week of June 2020. All candidates can download their admit card / hall ticket by clicking on the link given below:
CTET 2020 Results
The declaration of results will be done by CBSE after the examination of CTET is conducted. The Exam result will be declared within 04 (Four) weeks from the date of conduct of the examination. So the will be declared by last week of July 2020.
The candidates appearing in CTET will be issued Marks Statement. The Candidates securing 60% (General) and above marks will be issued Eligibility Certificate.
School Managements (Government, Local bodies, Government aided and unaided) may consider giving concessions to the person belonging to SC/ST, OBC, differently abled persons, etc., in accordance with their extant reservation policy.