UPSC Engineering Services 2021
UPSC Engineering Services 2021: Union Public Service Commission organizes Indian Engineering Services (IES) is also known as ESE (Engineering Services Examination). It is a topmost engineering examination conducted every year at the national level. The exam is conducted every year to recruit eligible candidates to various posts in the various department as given below. The basic pay for IES starts from INR 15,600 along with a Grade Pay of INR 5,400. The gross amount (including additional incentives like DA, HRA) would be around INR 47,000. more details about UPSC Engineering Services 2021 are given in the article given below.
Sectors provided through UPSC Engineering Services 2021
UPSC Engineering Services 2021: Important Dates
- Candidates must be a resident of India, Nepal, Bhutan or a Tibetan refugee.
- A bachelor’s degree in the field of engineering from a recognized University is required to apply for UPSC Engineering Services.
- The age limit of the applying candidates should be between 21-30 years of age.
- Candidates must be physically fit according to the standards defined by exam authorities.
- The application fee to apply for UPSC Engineering Services 2021 is INR 200.
- For Female and SC/ST/PH candidates there is no application fee.
- The application fee is non-refundable.
- Candidates can pay the application fee through both online and offline mode.
- Pat the application fee banking/credit card/debit card of any bank to make the payment.
- This exam is conducted in offline mode i.e. it is a written examination.
- The exam is of Objective Type i.e. the questions are of Multiple Choice.
- There will be two papers in stage 1.
- Paper 1 will have questions from General Studies and Paper 2 will have questions from Engineering Discipline (Civil Engineering/ Mechanical Engineering/ Electrical/ Electronics & Telecommunication Engineering).
- One-third mark will be deducted for each wrong answer.
- Marks obtained in this stage are counted for determining the final order of merit.
Personal Interview/ Personality Test.
- It is the final stage of the recruitment process.
- It carries a maximum of 200 marks.
- The qualified candidates of the written exams are called for the interview.
- Candidates shortlisted from Stage 2 i.e. IES Mains exam have to fill a Detailed Application Form (DAF) online.
- The marks secured in each stage are included to prepare the Final Merit list.
For Pre Exam
For Main Exam
Ahmedabad, Chennai, Jaipur, Raipur, Aizawl, Cuttack, Jammu, Ranchi, Allahabad, Dehradun, Kolkata, Shillong, Bangalore, Delhi, Lucknow, Shimla, Bhopal, Dispur (Guwahati), Mumbai, Thiruvananthapuram, Chandigarh, Hyderabad, Patna, Vishakhapatnam
Departments allotted through UPSC Engineering Services 2021
Civil and Electrical Engineering
Electronics & Telecommunication Engineering
Important Points for UPSC Engineering Services 2021
- Candidates in the final year of Engineering are eligible for IES 2021, but they will have to provide the certificate of proof at the time of IES selection process
- There is no restriction by the commission over the number of attempts.
- The application form can be filled in an online mode only.
- Only the marks scored by the candidate in Paper 1 is considered for the final merit list.
- The minimum marks required to qualify for IES prelims are set to 15% i.e. 75 marks out of 500 for General and reserved categories candidates.
- For IES Mains, the minimum marks required is set to 20% i.e. 120 marks out of 600 for General and reserved categories candidates.
- UPSC decides IES cut off for preliminary exams in two stages, minimum qualifying score needed to be shortlisted and the score of the last qualified candidate selected.
- If you qualify the cut to offset up by the commission you will be notified for the personality test (personal interview) through email.
- Download your Call letter and report for the interview along with all the essential documents as mentioned in the call letter.
- There is no fixed number of seats as per notification to be filled through IES 2021.