NEET 2020 exam date postponed, correction window reactivated up to July 15
Along with delaying the examination, NTA has facilitated the candidates by reopening the correction window for NEET 2020. Candidates can modify the exam centre preferences using the NEET 2020 correction window.
The National Testing Agency (NTA) has released a new notification regarding the rescheduling of NEET 2020 exam date. After the exam date for NEET 2020 was pushed to September 13, NTA decided to reopen the correction window for the candidates who wished to change their exam centre preferences. NEET 2020 correction window will remain active up to July 15. NTA has also assured the candidates that all efforts will be made to allot the desired NEET 2020 exam centres to the applicants.
Candidates must also note that the correction fee for making changes in the NEET 2020 application form will depend on the type of changes made. They will not be charged anything for making minor corrections in the NEET application form 2020. Aspirants of NEET 2020 are advised to make the most of this opportunity as NTA will not allow any corrections after July 15.
Notification released by NTA-
To use the NEET 2020 correction window, click here
NEET 2020 Revised Schedule
|Correction window reopens||04-Jul-2020|
|Last date for making corrections||15-Jul-2020 (5 pm)|
|Last date for paying the correction fee||15-Jul-2020 (11:50 pm)|
|Admit card will be released||29-Aug-2020 (Tentative)|
NEET 2020: How to use the correction window to change the exam centre preference?
Candidates who wish to change the exam centre preferences filled in the application form can follow the steps given below to make the desired changes.
- Click on the link given above
- Login using application number and password
- Click on ‘Correction in Particulars’
- Scroll down to ‘Choice of Exam Centres’
- Choose the desired centres
- Make other modifications (if required)
- Check the application form thoroughly
- Save and submit the application
- Save the correction slip for future reference
How to make corrections in NEET application form 2020?
Candidates can refer to the steps given below to know the process of correcting the application form of NEET 2020. Before starting with the correction process, candidates must note that this is a one-time facility only, hence, they must use this window judiciously.
1. Click on the link given above
2. Login using application Id and password
3. Choose ‘Correction in particulars’ from the panel on the left
4. Make the desired changes to NEET 2020 application form
5. Check the details that have been modified
6. Enter the security pin
7. Enter the 6-digit OTP received on the registered mobile number
8. Save and print the NEET 2020 correction slip for future use
Details that can be changed using the application correction window of NEET 2020
- Personal details: Name, date of birth, father’s/mother’s name, gender, eligibility for 15% AIQ, ID card details, nationality, birth place, medium of question paper, NEET exam centre preferences
- Contact details: Permanent, correspondence address and contact details
- Academic details class X and XI: board name, name of school/college/institution/university, year of passing, percentage of marks obtained
- Academic details class XII: board name, school name & address, place, school location details, qualifying examination code, passing year, percentage of marks obtained, roll number
Correcting images in the NEET 2020 application form
The National Testing Agency (NTA) had released the specifications for the photographs which had to be uploaded in the NEET application form. Candidates were advised to check these specifications before uploading the documents. However, if a candidate wishes to make changes to the images uploaded by him/her, it can be done using the correction window of NEET 2020 application form. Candidates can refer to the steps given below to make changes to the images uploaded in the NEET application form 2020 using the correction window.
Steps for correcting images in the NEET application form 2020
1. Go to ntaneet.nic.in
2. Click on ‘NEET candidate login’
3. Enter the NEET 2020 application ID and password
4. From the panel on the left, choose ‘Correction in documents’
5. Upload the correct passport-size/postcard-sized photograph and signature
6. An OTP will be sent to the registered mobile number
7. Enter the OTP and submit the corrections
8. Save and print the correction slip for future use
All those who avail the benefits of the NEET application form correction window are advised to save the correction slip for future reference. The admit cards for NEET 2020 will be available for download from August 29 (tentatively).