Showing 1–12 of 69 results
Dr. K. Someswara RaoCHAIRMAN
Sri. L.L. NaiduSECRETARY
Prof. V.V.Nageswara RaoDIRECTOR
- Sri. Pravataneni Venkataratnam, (President)
- Sri. Kaza Venkataramaiah, (Secretary)
- Sri. Vemulapalli Ramabrahmam, (Joint Secretary)
- Sri. Uppalapati Veerabhadra Rao, (Treasurer)
- Sri. Vadde Sobhanadri, (Member)
- Sri. Lingam Venkata Krishnaiah, (Member)
- Sri. Upadrasta Papanna Sastri, (Member)
- Candidates can download the application form from the official website of JNTUK.
- Minimum eligibility for B.Tech program is a pass in 10+2 with PCM while the relevant B.E/B.Tech degree is mandatory for the M.Tech program.
- A valid score in AP EAMCET is required to secure admission in the B.Tech program while AP PGECET score is required for the M.Tech program.
- For MBA and MCA courses, any Bachelor’s degree is required and a good score in AP ICET is required at the time of admission.
- The candidates have to pass in 10+2 and have to appear in EAMCET for Diploma courses.
- The institute also offers Management Quota seats. 33.3% seats in all the courses are reserved for women candidates. For SC/ST/OBC, seats are reserved as per the university rules.
Andhra Christian College was founded with the ideal of providing for the youth of the country in general and of Guntur and other districts of Andhra Pradesh in particular the high type of Christian education. It holds to the Truism that secular training is insufficient and so to it seeks implant in its students, those truths which can raise men to a purer and nobler life and which are efficacious in the building up of character. Its sponsors trust that the men and women trained here will be filled with that spirit of service and inspired by those ideals of life which will lend them to dedicate their lives and talents to the best interest of their fellows and their country.
Andhra Christian College is a co-educational institution. Since 1926 the educational opportunities at Andhra Christian College have been opened to young women on equal terms with young men. The college endeavors to give its women students real college life and encourage their participation in all of its activities as the best means of preparing them for meeting the challenges of life which await them.
Andhra Christian college desires to cultivate in all its students men and women a knowledge and appreciation of the social amenities which make for harmonious human relationships and to create a proper regard for sound social values.
Andhra Christian College seeks to assist its students to develop the power of clear thinking based upon sound and broad knowledge, to develop an attitude of open mindedness to emphasize the practice of testing all information and conclusions and to develop creative scholarship.
Andhra Christian College desires to train and assist its students to uphold the great ideals of the human race, and to respect the dignity of man and the sacredness of human personality.
Andhra Christian College believes that the years of intellectual discipline should create in its students a sense of civic responsibility and encourage them to accept that responsibility as the natural compliment of the privileges they have enjoyed.
HISTORY AND DESCRIPTION
Andhra Christian College had its beginnings in the first Anglo – Vernacular school, which was already established in district collector’s compound and handed over in 1842 to Fr. Heyer who came to Guntur and established the American Evangelical Lutheran Mission in the same year. This school was supported by subscriptions from English friends of Missionary education then living in Guntur. Owing to financial and other difficulties due to civil war in America, the school was closed in 1863. And it was reopened in the year 1873, when it was re – organized by Dr. L.L. Uhl. From this time the school increased in number, service and influence. In September 1885, with Dr. L.B. Wolf as the Principal, the school was affiliated to the Madras University as a Second Grade College, known as the American Evangelical Lutheran Mission (A.E.L.M.) College. Through the efforts of Dr. Uhl and by the generous gifts of Mr. Arthur Watt and other friends in the United States, funds were secured with which the Watt’s Memorial Building was built. This building was first occupied in 1893.In 1907 Dr. Wolf retired from service in India and Dr. Uhl again assumed charge continuing as Principal until 1913 when he was succeeded by Dr. J. Roy Strock. In 1915 Dr. Uhl was appointed as Principal emeritus and in 1916 on Dr. Strock’s going on furlough, Rev. G.A. Ripely became the Principal and continued until Dr. Strock’s return to the College in 1919.In April 1922, Dr. Strock, at the invitation of the Church Missionary Society, assumed the Principalship of Noble College. Masulipatnam, and Dr. Victor Me. Cauley acted as Principal for the College until January 1923, when Dr. H.H. Sipes took charge Dr. Sipes served until January 1927 when Dr. Strock returned to the College.In 1925 in response to the invitation of Andhra Christian Council representing all the Christian Missions working in the Telugu area the U.L.C. Mission undertook the development of United Christian College for Andhra Pradesh. The Mission authorities under the leadership of Rev. J.Roy Strock, D.D. inaugurated a campaign in America for the raising of three hundred thousand dollars for the development of the College. The campaign was successful and practically the full amount required was secured. In March 1926 the College was affiliated to the Madras University as First Grade College offering courses in Mathematics, Philosophy and History for the B.A. Degree.
The Andhra University Act came into force in April 1926 and the first B.A. Class was admitted to the College in the following July. This development inaugurated a new era in the life of the institution which in the years following rapidly won outstanding place among the colleges of the university.
In January 1928 by an action of the Mission Council the name of the institution was changed from the A.E.L.M. College to Andhra Christian College.
Upon Dr. Strock’s going on furlough in January 1937, Dr. Sipes was appointed as the Principal. B.Sc. Courses in Mathematics and Physics were introduced in 1934 and negotiations were opened with Madras Government for the Old District Munsiffs Court site of 7 acres to provide additional land for College purpose.
In 1937 the District Muniffs Court site was purchased. In December 1938 upon the resignation of Dr. Strock, Mr. V Ch. John, M.A. LT. was appointed as Principal of the College. He assumed charge on January, 1,1939 and continued to serve until his retirement in June 1941 when he was succeeded by Dr. Sipes.
During the years 1938-41 the college carried out an extensive building programme under the supervision of the Rev. John Flnefrock, D.D. of the Mission Building Department. Heyer and Wolf Halls were erected at a cost of Rs. 40,000 to provide modern hostel accommodations for 300 students with the Luther League ndministration. Building providing additional class-rooms, offices nnd general room, a new Assembly Hall to seat 1,200 people were built and occupied from July, 1948. In January 1944, Dr. Sipes proceeded on furlough and Rev. C.H. Swavely served as Principal iinlil the return of Dr. Sipes in November 1945. Dr Sipes continued Principal till September 1948.
Rev. C.H. Swavely was acting Principal from September 1948 to April 1950.
Dr. T.S. Paulus was appointed as Principal and assumed charge from May 1, 1950 and sewed till his retirement in July 1962. Rev. C.H. Swavely became Bursar from May 1950 and left on furlough in November, 1955. Miss. Lilith Schawab assumed charge as Bursar of the College from November 1952 to June 1954. Rev. C.H. Swavely assumed charge as Bursar of the College on his return from furlough in July, 1954, until his retirement in April 1960.
During these years the college progressed in physical size and accommodation under the initiative of Dr. T.S. Paulus Principal and Mr. C.N. Devadanam, Bursar. The Strock Hall, the Recreation Hall, N.C.C. Building and the new Chemistry Laboratory, have been added to the College plant in recent years. This additional accommodation has ushered in a new progressive era in the life of the College.
In 1988, the college was accorded the status of Autonomy for the Degree-level programmes by the University Grants Commission (UGC) in recognition of its excellent contribution to the cause of higher education. The degrees for both UG and PG programmes are awarded by Krishna University to which the college is affiliated.
In 2004, the college won the prestigious ‘College with Potential for Excellence’ (CPE) status from the UGC.
In September 2008, the college was re-accredited by the National Assessment and Accreditation Council (NAAC), Bangalore, with Grade A (CGPA 3.65 out of 4.00).
During 2016, the Department of Biotechnology, Government of India, New Delhi, has selected our College under Star College Scheme to extend financial support to six of our Science Departments viz. Botany, Biotechnology, Microbiology, Zoology, Chemistry and Physics. Ours is the first and only College in both the Telugu states so far to have been selected under this Scheme
In its 66-year-long history of operating socially relevant academic programmes in an environment at once disciplined and eco-friendly, given its vast and verdant campus, the college has remained steadfastly committed to its mission of producing men and women of both academic excellence and human excellence. That a large number of the alumni of the college have distinguished themselves by their signal contribution to their own professions as well as society (details under ‘Alumni’) does indeed vouch for the excellence the college has achieved.
Students’ strength The total number of the students in the College is 6146, representing 24 out of the total 29 states in our country from Meghalaya to Maharashtra and Kashmir to Kerala.
Central University Of Andhra Pradesh, Anantapur
Central University Of Andhra Pradesh, Anantapur holds a special place in the Indian University System. It was born out of a promise made by Government of India to fulfill the aspirations of people of Andhra Pradesh on the eve of bifurcation of the erstwhile composite state of Andhra Pradesh into Telengana and Andhra Pradesh. Central University Of Andhra Pradesh, Anantapur is established in 2018 in the district head quarter town of Anantapuramu in the Rayalaseema region of Andhra Pradesh. The Region has immense historical significance as it forms the part of the Vijayanagara Empire ruled by majestic king Sri Krishnadevaraya, among others.
Central University Of Andhra Pradesh, Anantapur is the 47th Central University in India offering 5 different Schools of Study under 11 different departments at the Baccalaureate, Post Graduate Diploma, Masters, and Doctoral levels such as B.Sc, BA, B.VOC, and MA. The Admission of Central University Of Andhra Pradesh, Anantapur is based on CUET (Common University Entrance Test) is a national level test which is conducted every year in the month of May-June. The application process for admission is both online and offline for the applicants. is based on online mode and the application will be available on the university website. The CUET qualified candidates are called for admission counseling.
- To make actually mature,professionally prepared and administration situated incorporated ladies pioneers focused on magnificence and prepared on the lines of Gospel realities to move toward becoming assests to the Community and Nation
- Consistent with the Theresian Motto "From Darkness to Light" we endeavor to make coordinated ladies pioneers, engaged and focused on magnificence, master dynamic, creative overseers of culture and legacy, channels of human qualities and lights of God's changing adoration.